• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The new Subway

what you belive that will happen?

• I believe they will have triple battle option at battle subway.

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • I believe they wont have tripel battles at battle subaway and not at the third version.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • i belive they will have triple battles at battle subway only at the third version.

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters

Bay

Years
    Here's the new Battle Subway footage from Pokemon Sunday.
    not much though:

Notice how the trains and signs have a colored line on them.
    It would be sweet if (lets say...) the train with the red line had Fire-Type trainers on it.
    Hm, could be. That would be interesting indeed.

I'm never good at winning straight battles at the Battle Tower when I played Sapphire, so don't think I'll be able to get through the Subway battles and battle the Subway Master! XD Curious though what kind of Pokemon the Subway Master would use.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    not much though:

It would be sweet if (lets say...) the train with the red line had Fire-Type trainers on it.
    That would mean that there is a train for each type if the red one is fire type :)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    not much though:

This reminds me of Sinnoh's Battle Hall (when you battle Pokemon of a certain type per battle). I might have a second thought on the colors, because a differently colored subway might mean a different challenge (like a blue subway could be a standard battle, while a yellow subway could be a double battle).

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    This reminds me of Sinnoh's Battle Hall (when you battle Pokemon of a certain type per battle). I might have a second thought on the colors, because a differently colored subway might mean a different challenge (like a blue subway could be a standard battle, while a yellow subway could be a double battle).
    Yeah but to me it seems like there are more than 3 trains so even with triple added in it's still not all that much for the number of trains I think there are :\

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
    Well let's see... standard single, double, multi, triple, rotation, [possibly a way to battle 3 trainers vs 3 trainers :P]. So yeah i think the battle style is pretty likely.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    How would that even transport to Kanto? o_O Besides, I'm pretty sure all the subways are doing is serving as a battle frontier type thing.

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
    Well, let's say you have a really long battle. The subway runs right off the tracks and chuga-chugas all the way to kanto choo choo! ok, yeah, really unlikely. But I hope there is a different place to get off than a circle.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I wouldn't want to travel in Kanto again. D: It's just getting old for me.
    Perhaps if you were to get off on another spot of Isshu it would be nice, but not another region.

I'm anxious to hear more about the Subway. We probably won't get any information until the game is released in Japan though.

The Red Chain

I wouldn't want to travel in Kanto again. D: It's just getting old for me.
    Perhaps if you were to get off on another spot of Isshu it would be nice, but not another region.
    Kanto is in every generation, give it a rest Nintendo. >.<;
    I don't think the subway takes you to another region.. but I do expect it to take you maybe to another part of Isshu that is probably hidden from Fly. Perhaps a new Battle Frontier?
    Then again the Subway could be their way of saying "no Frontier this gen, but here's a subway to make up for it". In that case, I'm unsure what to think about it. XD

But it would be a waste to make a battle area out of a subway if it doesn't let you off somewhere else. Waste of "transportation". D:

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
    I don't think the subway takes you to another region.. but I do expect it to take you maybe to another part of Isshu that is probably hidden from Fly. Perhaps a new Battle Frontier?
    Then again the Subway could be their way of saying "no Frontier this gen, but here's a subway to make up for it". In that case, I'm unsure what to think about it. XD

But it would be a waste to make a battle area out of a subway if it doesn't let you off somewhere else. Waste of "transportation". D:

I'm thinking that there is no Battle Frontier, but there will be in the 3rd game, like they did with the past 3 generations (genn II got a battle tower in crystal, while there was none in G/S). And I wouldn't mind if it just made some loop actually, it doesn't necessarily have to go somewhere.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    I don't think the subway takes you to another region.. but I do expect it to take you maybe to another part of Isshu that is probably hidden from Fly. Perhaps a new Battle Frontier? Then again the Subway could be their way of saying "no Frontier this gen, but here's a subway to make up for it". In that case, I'm unsure what to think about it. XD

I agree w/ Austy, there will be something in place of BF. I don't think the subway is a waste. As long as you get to rebattle or battle new trainers then it's fine to me!
    It could lead to somewhere in b&w or in the 3rd installment. :D

The Red Chain

I'm thinking that there is no Battle Frontier, but there will be in the 3rd game, like they did with the past 3 generations (genn II got a battle tower in crystal, while there was none in G/S). And I wouldn't mind if it just made some loop actually, it doesn't necessarily have to go somewhere.
    You guys have a good point. :3 So, I guess we can label the Subway as the "pre-BF", similar to the Battle Tower.
    A little taste of what's to come that is. <3 I'm pretty happy about the subway. Just plain out wrecking people in battles can be oh so satisfying at times. ^__^

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
    Ha, maybe if you lose you get kicked out of the moving subway and have to walk back to the station. And if you beat someone you get to see them kicked out the door!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    @above, wouldn't that be counterproductive to the battle subway though? :(

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
    @above, wouldn't that be counterproductive to the battle subway though? :(

Not necessarily, they could both be in the game and serve as a battle frontier scenario. Then there could also be other things, like a yacht that you battle on, and so on, with the same purpose as the subway. :D

Back