• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The offical "PC won't load | I can't post | threads won't load" etc. thread.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    No, it was a problem for everyone. I'm going to assume our server is starting to crap out again because that's just our luck.

Well, it happened again today, around 4 PM Eastern Time...are we going to lose this server now too?

foofatron

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2007
    How am i suppost to put pictures in my post.How do i make files post able?Some files with pictures of maps and sprites and stuff.Come up as invaled.

Years
    How am i suppost to put pictures in my post.How do i make files post able?Some files with pictures of maps and sprites and stuff.Come up as invaled.
    It's coming up as invalid because members with fewer than 15 posts aren't able to post links of any kind. The only ways to post links are to either get to 15 posts (without spamming), or to put spaces in the links (which is a bit of a hassle).

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    I've mentioned this before but the Post Reports thing is still not uploaded. :\

Sorry if it seems I'm pestering you. :P

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
    Not only you, we all did. Yesterday was probably a bit too stressfull for the server.
    Please bear with it until we manage to get on a more stable one.

Chibaymega12

Enemies of the Leaf Beware!
    Years
    Sometimes when there is a link up, i click on it and it wont let me go through. This is the only site its done it on. Is it a problem with this particular site, or just my cpu

Years
    Whats with going to www.pokecommunity.com it says "Hey this is the base Document"?
    I don't know exactly what that's about, but it looks like it's just a placeholder of sorts (considering that the domain hasn't been in use for a few months now).

Sometimes when there is a link up, i click on it and it wont let me go through. This is the only site its done it on. Is it a problem with this particular site, or just my cpu
    Would you be able to give a specific example of what you're talking about? I'd say it's the site, but without knowing what exactly you're referring to I can't be certain...

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years

If you're referring to this forum, this might happen because the server takes a bit of time to process your request, or simply rejects it because of a too high load on it.
    Just wait a bit and try it again.

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
    Years
    Ok a few questions here...

1) Do you know around how long until the problem that xXscytherXx said will probably be fixed (the one about the base doc. thingy)? Because I have to keep going to google to go to this site and it gets a bit annoying after a while...

and..

2) For some reason I can't change my friends list which leads me to believe I'm not doing it right somehow. -.- I change it then I click the save changes or w/e button, then I go back to edit profile just to make sure it worked, only to find out that it didn't..
    EDIT: Nevermind about the second one. It seems the changes can only be viewed in new posts and not when you go to change your profile...weird. =/

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
    Ok a few questions here...

1) Do you know around how long until the problem that xXscytherXx said will probably be fixed (the one about the base doc. thingy)? Because I have to keep going to google to go to this site and it gets a bit annoying after a while...

and..

2) For some reason I can't change my friends list which leads me to believe I'm not doing it right somehow. -.- I change it then I click the save changes or w/e button, then I go back to edit profile just to make sure it worked, only to find out that it didn't..
    EDIT: Nevermind about the second one. It seems the changes can only be viewed in new posts and not when you go to change your profile...weird. =/

For 1), I can't exactly say when the redirect will be fixes, as only limited people have access to that server.
    But you can always got to PC using our new domain, which is www.pkmncommunity.com.

About 2), I just tried editing mine, and it worked without problems.
    The changes were visible in both, profile, and editing dialog.
    Are you sure you refreshed the profile page in your UserCP, and did not just click the 'Back' button? Because the latter will usualy load up an old version of the page.

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
    I'm quoting myself since no one's said anything about it since I posted it.
    The server admins have been notified about that. It's to wait until they re-upload it.

Hey what do i do if i didnt get an activation e-mail sent to me? because i havent got one even though i put my e-mail address in correctly an everything

Your account has been activated by now, just for the records. :x

Sunflorazumarill

Look, it's Sunflorazumarill!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2012
    Since no one has brought this up, when will the database errors be fixed? Will they be fixed anytime soon?

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
    Since no one has brought this up, when will the database errors be fixed? Will they be fixed anytime soon?

It's not like we can fix them. This server can't handle the current stress level well, so is sooner or later crashes.
    As soon as we get on a better one, the DB errors will stop. When that's happening, no one knows for sure.

Sunflorazumarill

Look, it's Sunflorazumarill!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2012
    Well, sorry to bother you again, but it's getting nearly impossible to visit here now. Only in the morning does it seem to be working okay. Exactly what is going on here that's making it so hard to come and why isn't anyone else complaining about it? Will we have to a maintenace shutdown for a while?

Back