• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The offical "PC won't load | I can't post | threads won't load" etc. thread.

Hakeen

-
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2010
    It's still slow though. Who's online and the other functions are the only things working well okay for me.

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
    I have an issue, and I want to know if Im alone or not. =/

Im having this weird problem where when I post, all the buttons for editing text do not function, and when I preview the post, the preview is displayed correctly (except quotation marks dont seem to work for me very well), but when I look down, the coding inside the box reverts to HTML code (with < p > tags and & nbsp and stuff like that) Its giving me a lot of trouble and I have to code all the font color and face styles manually!

Id just like to know if its my problem or the database's, and how to fix it if it isnt temporary. Any help is gladly accepted, thanx!

EmpoleMew

Lunatic Lunar Rabbit
    Years
    PC has a whole bunch of problems for me. The title lists most of my problems. And just now, PC froze and when I logged back on, a thread I made was there at least 5 or 6 times. It was stated that these problems may be caused by there being so many members. Is there anyway to fix this so the amount of members doesn't murder the place?

joshua112321

MOD(just playing)
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2010
    This website needs to get a upgrade so that more users are allowed, but without the crashing and problems

Hakeen

-
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2010
    Upgrades can't really make that much of a difference... the DBE is destined to forever be at PC. And besides, the amount of users online don't make PC slow... back when there was what, 700 something? users on, PC didn't slow down. But, if you do upgrade, it could add extra features, which could slow the system... so really, PC is fine how it is. Plus, DBE's aren't as common anymore. PC changes server like every year, and less, and PC's still slow, with DBE's.

Oh, and PC's a forum, not a website...

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    Not really big deal, but the PC wouldn't load for a few minutes and I got this message:

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 3407872) (tried to allocate 9446 bytes) in /home/pokecomm/public_html/global.php(562) : eval()'d code on line 46

Rukario

Banned
    Years
    that was the server's fault.. it seems it decided to update now VS the time I set it to.. (17:23 GMT, which is an off-time for usage)

It should be all fine and ok now as the update process has completed.

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    I'm getting a similar error to last time I posted, but it's just when I try to search a thread individually. Is it the same issue as last time?
    Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 35 bytes) in /home/pokecomm/public_html/search.php on line 1028

Rukario

Banned
    Years
    I think our php allowed memory usage was set a bit too low for some threads as well as searches..
    I've increased it a bit.

Let me know (provide links) if you still see this error popping up.

Zerrah.

Mauling with Ursaring
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 15, 2018
    Signature help!

When I first created an account here, I went and I put stuff in my siggy. But now, whenever I try to edit my sig, this comes up: "Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/pokecomm/public_html/includes/class_bbcode_alt.php on line 249".

Now I don't know what that means, but I know that there were a couple of links that I placed in it which aren't there, and half my sig is missing. I know that some mods/admins may have access to editing my sig, so if you can, can you place this in it: (just take out the *, but I think that is obvious ^_^)
    Code:
    [*center]Amaguq
    3608 9800 1511[/center]

Thanks, and if you can't change my sig, can you tell me what is wrong?

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Ok here is my problem sort of along the lines of this..

I just recently encountered a problem...
    Ok... I was writing in a quick responce to a thread in Pokemon General. I was writing quite a long responce, I then went to advanced option to have a bigger/better control of my writing and such. And it said access denied, I was like " oh ok, I'll just log in again " I went under that message and put in my information, and it said " Thank you for logging in BeachBoy" I was like ok good, and it then went to the access denied again. Now Im stumped, I have received an infraction on double posting befor, but I didn't think my access there would be restricted.

Logged in there again, and again said "Thanks for logging in" sent me to the access denied page.
    OK I then went to the upper corner log in, again said, thank you for logging in and sent me to the index, but didn't actually log me in. Did it again, and so forth.

After like 15 attempts I finally got it, now the entire time I know I did my password correct and same with the username.
    So was this a common bug? Just informing you all as I also couldnt find a way to contact anyone.

If this were to happen in the future, how would I handle this?

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Were you checking the "remember me" box? Also, are you using a different browser or anything other than what you normally use?

Oh, I never touch the remember me box, don't know why....

And I'm using internet explorer... :/

Well as an update, I havn't had the problem sence, It happened where I did advanced option thing and It cam access denied but this time it worked....so I have no clue why it freaked out then...

Rukario

Banned
    Years
    best thing to do when this happens is log out of PC..
    clear your browser's cookies AND cache..
    CLOSE all browser windows.
    Reopen your browser, log back in to PC (check the remember me box) and continue on with your reading/posting.

☆Stardust☆

Your best friend
    Years
    *reads some of the first posts* I always spelled it "Apologize" and I'm American! *_*

Anyways, my problem here is that it takes like 2 minutes to load a forum,thread, or post. I'm a very impatient person, and it really annoys me...

But that won't stop me from coming to PC and being active^_^

Rukario

Banned
    Years
    2mins!!?!!

hmmm well for me it loads almost instantly when its working properly.. what kind of connection do you have?
    there will be time when it may take a bit longer due to either PC being busy, or the server deciding to do background stuff (backups, updates, etc..) at the wrong times.

Years
    I think our php allowed memory usage was set a bit too low for some threads as well as searches..
    I've increased it a bit.

Let me know (provide links) if you still see this error popping up.
    well, I've just had that error again.
    I tried to reply to this thread -> https://pkmncommunity.com/showthread.php?t=122505
    When I submitted my reply, the error popped up (and my post didn't get submitted ;; )

I just tried to submit my post again and everything seems to be working fine.

DarkSpace

Wandering Noob
    Years
    • Seen May 27, 2012
    I have multiple problems. Everytime somewhere along 8-10 pm Atlantic Time it won't open.
    Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 262144) (tried to allocate 311296 bytes) in /home/pokecomm/public_html/index.php on line 468

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 1572864) (tried to allocate 77824 bytes) in /home/pokecomm/public_html/includes/functions.php on line 3834

Back