• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: The Official DayAndNight-Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2016
    All I have to say is this:
    This tool is AMAZING.
    I never really realized how great is was until I added my own custom tiles only to find out that the dark palettes are just as amazing, even though I changed the tiles and palettes night still worked amazingly. Thanks a lot, MM_X.

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2016
    I have a question.
    Would you be able to create scripts that check if its night time,or make night only pokemon appear?

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2016
    I have a question.
    Would you be able to create scripts that check if its night time,or make night only pokemon appear?

That would require ASM and doesn't really require this tool. You could make a level script that checks if its 7:30 PM or some time at night, and if it is then you could make a sprite of like hoothoot appear in the middle of grass or something at random, using a random script. Also, making scripts with the real time clock is very complicated. I wish someone would explain how to make scripts using the Real time clock. All I know is this: The minute byte is located at 02024f47, and the hour byte is located at 02024f46, and you have to somehow use the command "comparefarbytetovar" to be able to check the time.

ZodiacDaGreat

Working on a Mobile System
    Years
  • Actually, the real rtc is located in the IWRAM ;)

Edit: For those that wanna do something like a check time, I've made something real fast which checks the hours. For those who wanna know how to find the RTC just search for it using the search for cheat function.

Note: The hours values are from 0 - 24 hours and the values will be in HEX. They will be taken from the RTC and stored in variable 0x8000 so you'll just need to compare it to the hour you want the to check. Your ASM routine will be:
    Spoiler:

The above code's for Ruby {AXVE} and below is the generated output:
    Spoiler:

The ones in Italics is the RTC offset and the Bolded one is for the var 0x8000. Which both in this case is for Ruby so you needa changed them to the values I listed in the comments. And so you copy that routine to your ROM address and call it to a script like the example below:
    Spoiler:

There it is, have fun ;) Should save MX some trouble with all you guys questions going to him... Tell me if it works or not since I'm doing a bigger routine at that time. BTW, I forgot to add that if your system time and your clock time is different there will be a hard time trying to find out if it works and I'll post offsets later for LASTRESULT.

Greetz.

Last edited:

Mastermind_X

ASM-Hacker
    Years
  • Heyho, it's still nice to see that there is some activity around DAN. I had to reinstall my computer, that's why I wasn't online for the last 3 weeks.

@RedBlood: Lol... There is a first "pre-released" version... Just check my homepage.

greetz
    MX

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Allright if I translate this to Russia? I know some hackers there that barely know English.

ZodiacDaGreat

Years
  • Here's a new routine that will do your dirty deeds be it CheckHours or CheckTime. So, heres how it works... First you set the 0x8000 to 0x2 or 0x1, 0x1 = CheckHours and 0x2 = CheckMinutes and then you call the asm routine from below in your script followed by a comparing 0x800D to the hour or minute you want.

Here's the routine:
    Spoiler:

And here's the output from a .bin file, you needa copy these to your ROM. Be sure to change your offsets if you're using emerald caused the offsets below are for Ruby.
    Spoiler:

Now, if you copied the above routine to say offset 0x800000 when using callasm be sure to add 1 to it since its a THUMB routine. Below's what your script should look like:
    Spoiler:

Enjoy the new CheckTime routine ^^

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2016
    Just wanted to say that if you run this on something other than VBA the loading and unpacking screen thing is messed up. It still works though =), just an ugly gltich lol.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Hey, all right if I translate this to Russian? Also, will this work on FireRed and LeafGreen due to number of steps?

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2024
    I need vba-LINK though. thats my problem. Don't ask why.

I can even check that emulator cause it wont work on my computer and I'm to lazy to download the right .dll

Yes, this is your choice, but I have had for the first time this problem with a new SVN revision of VBA-M, but not with old revision, the problem comes from the emulator, the system works well.

Mastermind, in the future, would it be possible that you insert the routines of ZodiacDaGreat? To create night events, for example?

ZodiacDaGreat

Years
  • Hey :) Come on.... Its just a few bytes to insert and then you call it from a script. Its not neccessary to have everything in a tool :P

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
    Years
  • Yes, this is your choice, but I have had for the first time this problem with a new SVN revision of VBA-M, but not with old revision, the problem comes from the emulator, the system works well.

Mastermind, in the future, would it be possible that you insert the routines of ZodiacDaGreat? To create night events, for example?

I never said the system doesnt work. It's perfect! It's just the screen. Im still going to use the tool but I'm going to have something in the readme explaining why it does that. Hope fully at the rate I'm going a newer version will be realesed before my alpha is realesed lol.

And here's the output from a .bin file, you needa copy these to your ROM. Be sure to change your offsets if you're using emerald caused the offsets below are for Ruby.
    Spoiler:
    So we just put that in free space with a hex editor or what?

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2016
    I never said the system doesnt work. It's perfect! It's just the screen. Im still going to use the tool but I'm going to have something in the readme explaining why it does that. Hope fully at the rate I'm going a newer version will be realesed before my alpha is realesed lol.

So we just put that in free space with a hex editor or what?

Yes, you put that in free space with a hex editor. Keep in mind that is only for Ruby, if you want it for another game you have to change the offsets yourself.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
    Years
  • Yes, you put that in free space with a hex editor. Keep in mind that is only for Ruby, if you want it for another game you have to change the offsets yourself.

Ok cool. Good thing I am hacking ruby lol.

I was wondering If it was possible to make it night time in battle? like if its night then in battle it will be night. Idk if im explaining it right.... maybe not idk...

Last edited:

MaximillionFace

Hobby Hacker
    Years
  • DAN doesn't work on original hardware(DSLite) with a flash cart (I don't know if I can say the brand). At the beginning it says clock-based events will not occur, so that's almost definitely the problem. Also, it's always dark, regardless of the time.

Is there a patch to make clock-based events work on original hardware, or is my dream of having a day and night system in emerald just destroyed?

The ROM I'm using is a clean US Emerald.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I have tested the same ROM in VBA-M 1.80 and the DAN system works perfectly

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back