• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official PokéCommunity Shipping Debates

Status
Not open for further replies.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
The episode was heavily biased in Kenny's favor for w/e reason, only for not much to come out of it shipping wise. He's just kinda got blown off by Dawn. Which begs the question, what was the point of all that drama,or the episode to begin with?

Power levels in this show fluctuate widly anyway.

May, for instance improved her Team by leaps and bounds, and had already been through two GF's but they still didn't stop her from losing to Dawn who was previously on a losing streak.

Yeah I don't get why all that drama came about after Kenny's win. They added in more fluff than needed be.

Heh, you can say that again. ;) Fluctuating around 9000, huh?

Which doesn't make sense because May is already ahead of Dawn in terms of experience. And Dawn was still new at this point.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
The writers didn't care about him. Kenny was neglected. When he was first introduced, I thought that because he was a childhood friend of Dawn (close enough to call her "Dee-Dee") that the obvious ship would be that. But man was I wrong. He hardly appeared in a couple of episodes than Drew did, and he goofed off a couple of times. And I think his voice changed mid-way that made him look more lame.

Iris actually looks younger than the rest of the girls. And since she's a main character to be a gym leader, her only ship is going to be with Ash for the moment. She's not another new trainer. She knows her way well enough. You may call it Pokeshipping 2.0, but unlike Misty she's younger so it's not likely to get a lot of "suitors" her age.

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
So :D Playing through BW :D

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
Years
Oh yes I remember that part.
Spoiler:

Those are such cute pic. I love the first one.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
Spoiler:

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
Spoiler:

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
Years
I'm playing BW here too! : D

Spoiler:

Does anyone support Cheren/Bianca? Because I do. CB /attack'd by haters

Also something off-topic - do you guys have Friend Codes if you're playing on a DS? I really want to friend more people.

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
Yes, yes, very disappointing. :(

I don't think Cheren and Bianca have spoken very much, so I'm not a particular fan :S Suppose it could be interesting because they're like the opposite of each other. I do like their characters; I thought N's opinion of Bianca was rather harsh...Bianca doesn't seem any weaker than Cheren to me (they're both bad rivals difficulty-wise XD). Although, everyone in this game seems rather easy to defeat.

I suppose I have a friend code since I connected to the Nintendo wifi when I got Victini.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
They're not bad rivals, they're just annoying when they jump on you in every new route and city. Gray will marginalize the difficulty, just like Platinum did with D/P.

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
Well, to me they don't seem any stronger than the random trainers you find out on the road; same with N. Perhaps they're stronger near the end of the game? But then again, the only rival that ever seemed to be difficult to defeat was Gary :S After that, Barry...I wish that the older rivals had popped up more often (except Wally, Brendan/May, Lucius/Dawn, they were boring). I do hope that they will get stronger in Gray like they did with Platinum etc though ^^

Ferrishwheel shipping

Spoiler:

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
I would like to pull in some Love and Peace to this discussion.

I'm playing White at the moment, in N's castle. I think Concordia may have feelings for N or something, here are some quotes from here;

Spoiler:

^ Thats where the quote in my sig are from :3

I don't think Anthea says anything that suggests any feelings so yeah...

Also, do we have to use spoiler tags? There is already one on the title, so if anyone comes here they'll be exspecting spoilers... :P

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
Years
I don't mind Cheren but I just don't like Bel. Bel/Bianca is annoying although she is suppose to be like Barry but I just think she...annoying. Jorah that's a cute pic and I don't think so Mew since we got the spoiler in the title now.

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
Years
I don't really like Cheren now. Every line I read from him is "WE GOT BADGE LET'S BATTLE" and after he loses, it's "STRENGTH STRENGTH STRENGTH" and it's starting to get annoying.
I haven't got further enough into the game though, so my opinion might change.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
I also dislike the fact that you can't walk anywhere until your rivals jump on you. I was so eager to grab an item ball until Cheren interrupted me. I dunno if the developers thought that we loved Barry so much we wanted more rivals like him, but this is overdoing it. What's with Bianca being my bodyguard (at Dreamyard)? I don't need one.

Even though we're in our mid-teens and new to Pokemon, I can't help but feel that I'm younger than that. I didn't like how Cheren beckoned me to follow him once I stepped foot in Nacrene City. I feel that I'm treated as a pushover, or the new guy who can't handle bigger challenges without outside help. I don't have my own rights? I can't think for myself?

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
Bianca thinks she's weak, so instead of helping out directly with the task, she sticks behind as a "bodyguard". When you get further you'll see she does that to everyone, not just you the main character ^^

I am agreeing with Cheren being annoying. He keeps going on about just wanting to be stronger. I wish his character were more geeky like how he looks, he could've been so much more interesting D8 I can see his character changing now I've got to Iris's city, but he's still so boring. I actually prefer Bianca to him. I wonder what it would be like if Barry and Bianca met.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 21, 2023
i'm new to this thread, but odesn't shipping also mean that you think that you would like a relationship between two characters no matter if there's a lot of evidence or not, or even if they've meet or not.

also here's some shipping amv's i've made:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOCulgvd9VE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9yTyChRAso
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiDz10yro58
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NMYJRcJLw4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1EQDa-np_Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsm109f99r4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axzqG0Z-ce0

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
That is what shipping means, yes, but evidence supports ships in the face of people saying "no thos 2 cnt b 2gthr this persn is in luv wit this 1". Or similar.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 21, 2023
That is what shipping means, yes, but evidence supports ships in the face of people saying "no thos 2 cnt b 2gthr this persn is in luv wit this 1". Or similar.
ok, i was just wondering since the definition on the first page says that shipping is the belief that two chracters are in a romantic relationship

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
Years
I like Bianca in the game better in the Anime show. I did feel a bit bad for her in the game. One of these days Jorah; Barry and Bianca will meet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back