• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official PokeCommunity Adoption Center 2.0 [Read first post!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
    ... Hello. I'm Quote, and I have absolutely no idea how a website like this works (honestly, I've only signed up for things related to Nintendo, Square Enix, or Capcom before this... so forgive me for knowing nothing).
    1. I don't know and I'll just adapt to what the mentor I get enjoys.
    2.Same thing, except after a while, I might end up trying to learn about all of them because I have nothing else to do.
    3. Well... I've never asked many questions, but never have I ever chosen against gaining knowledge, so... what I'm saying is that I'll always be open to learning and will ask questions if I ever have any. As for being "active"... I'll be online nearly 24/7 since I'll just leave the webpage open and I'm currently using a laptop, and whenever I'm using my laptop, I always check to see if anyone has commented on things I've said or if there's anything new that's related to me. So... I'll be active nearly all the time, but if my mentor isn't, I have other things to do while I wait for them.

I hope I provided at least some information and that I wasn't just wasting space.

Hey there, Quote! Don't worry, everybody joins with zero knowledge about the forums, but you'll learn fast enough, I'm sure! I'd be glad to become your mentor and guide you in the process. Just shoot me a VM if you have any questions or even if you just want to chat!

Ganim3de

Ganim3de
    Years
    1. What sections/boards are you most interested in?
    Specially the sections related to the games. I want to know everything about them, releases, events etc
    2. What other sections/boards do you want to venture in and and learn more about?
    I want to check the RPG and the fanart/fanfiction areas..Well, all of them actually. =)
    3. How committed are you on being active and how well will you show interest in learning and asking questions?
    I wish to learn more about the games and upcoming things, I am always very active as a forum member and would love to be part of this community! So I'm happy with who you guys think it's best for me as a mentor. =)

Jetfire

أربعة ملوك السماوية
    Years
    2. What other sections/boards do you want to venture in and and learn more about?
    3. How committed are you on being active and how well will you show interest in learning and asking questions?

1. I'm mostly interested in the Community Square and Pokemon Gaming sections.
    2. Entertainment & Hobbies seem interesting and I would like to know more about Off Topic Discussions.
    3. I would like to become part of the community, so I'm pretty committed in diving in and really learning my way around the forum. I'm all about asking quality questions and I'm excited about the opportunity to have someone really show me the ropes.

SevBray

Pokemon Rancher Sev
    Years
    Bumping this to say this is now officially open! ^^ Here's to round two~

If anyone has any questions about this, feel free to ask here. :3

I'm very intrigued by Fan Made Hacks, Rom Hacking, and other similar areas. Currently, I can use Basic/Moderate Advanced Map and Basic No Name Sprite Editor. I seriously suck at scripting but this is a field I need the most help in, because the Fan Made I'm working on involves mainly one unique feature no other Pokémon Game/Hack has applied... and that is the ability to choose an "Occupation" before you choose your Gender. And by Occupation I mean just a strictly cosmetic change to the main character to satisfy the players need for individuality; such as if you choose your Occupation to be a Pokémon Scientist then your character will look like an Overhauled/Custom made Scientist. Previous Factions from the official games will also be included: such as Ex Team Rocket, Ex Team Galactic, Ex Team Magma, and so on.

I mainly need/want to learn about Scripting. And by that I mean not just basic character movements, dialogue, and event triggers... I also need to learn how to completely write new Code so I may apply it my Hack. I'm open to anything involving Rom Hacking, Map Editing, and other such things.

I'm 110% active when it comes to Rom Hacking. I live in Athens GA, on Eastern time, and I usually wake up between 8am and 10am and depending on how busy I am either on the computer or brainstorming I stay up as late as 3am. I need/want to learn as much as possible about Rom Hacking, and I have many many questions for anyone who would be willing to Mentor me and help me. Like I stated above, I mainly need to learn basic script along with creating brand new code to give the game the "Multiple choice(s)/Optional choice(s)" I'd like it to have.

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2016
    I'm really interested in finishing my pokedex on alpha sapphire and shiny hunting. Any trading is always fun for me :)
    I'm a graphic artist so anything in the fanart area would also be cool!
    I can be pretty active in communities like these, either helping others or just replying to question/conversations. Depends on if I can find something I like to get excited about.

Last edited:

Ceres

red is the color of a hero
    Years
    • Age 28
    • ky
    • Seen Apr 10, 2016
    I'm not "new" per se, but since according to the site haven't logged in for 2 years (yikes!), I think I might give this a shot.

The boards in Off Topic Discussions and Entertainment & Hobbies.

The ROM Hacking, Game Development and Pokemon forums, and the others eventually!

I'm rather shy, so I may or may not ask many questions depending on who you are. Regardless, I'm interested in getting properly involved with the community and meeting other members, if possible. I don't know how active I can be seeing as I'm often busy with other projects and I'm usually more of a lurker than a poster, but I'll do my best!

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
    I'm not "new" per se, but since according to the site haven't logged in for 2 years (yikes!), I think I might give this a shot.

The boards in Off Topic Discussions and Entertainment & Hobbies.

The ROM Hacking, Game Development and Pokemon forums, and the others eventually!

I'm rather shy, so I may or may not ask many questions depending on who you are. Regardless, I'm interested in getting properly involved with the community and meeting other members, if possible. I don't know how active I can be seeing as I'm often busy with other projects and I'm usually more of a lurker than a poster, but I'll do my best!
    Hiya! I'm not too into ROM Hacking these days but I have been doing Game Dev, everything else I think I can do my best to answer. Feel free to send me a message if you'd like me to be your mentor.

I'm only here for a few minutes right now, but I'll be on in about 4 hours and I can try to get to any questions you have then.

Ceres

red is the color of a hero
    Years
    • Age 28
    • ky
    • Seen Apr 10, 2016
    Hiya! I'm not too into ROM Hacking these days but I have been doing Game Dev, everything else I think I can do my best to answer. Feel free to send me a message if you'd like me to be your mentor.

I'm only here for a few minutes right now, but I'll be on in about 4 hours and I can try to get to any questions you have then.

That would be lovely, thank you! I'll PM you when I get a chance. (Probably will be sleeping soon, so might be a while.)

Years
    I'm a forum baby and have almost no idea where to start, so thank you for making this thread! Even if I don't get matched, the whole reason I'm on this forum is so I can try to be more outgoing, and I feel like a mentor would totally help!

I've recently been trying out ROM Hacking after a long break (so I've been lurking in really old threads), and I'm interested interested in the dev thread! (as I'm currently trying to make a little game myself)

I'm interested in the PKMN Sun & Moon thread, and I kinda just want to become active in the categories for the main series games! Also maybe extend my reach to the spin-offs, eventually.

I plan on being extremely active as my schedule allows (hopefully able to come online every other day!) and I'm a bit apprehensive to post this because I'm a little withdrawn at first, but if we've messaged a few times I'd probably be comfortable with asking questions.

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2016
    1. What sections/boards are you most interested in? See below. :)
    2. What other sections/boards do you want to venture in and and learn more about? I'm open to anything, I'm very new to Pokemon.
    3. How committed are you on being active and how well will you show interest in learning and asking questions? Being active, 9/10. Interest in learning, 10/10.

Stratosphere

Starting... now!
    Years
    Er... I just made my account here about half an hour ago, so I'm not still that much acknowledged of most things concerning this mentoring thing. :''o I usually don't start the conversation but it is nice to have someone to talk with... whoops, I got lost on myself again. Ok, so here I go:

1.What sections/boards are you most interested in? Mostly about everything new about the main Pokémon game series, ROM Hacking, um, news, roleplaying... let's say, a bit of every thing. :3

2.What other sections/boards do you want to venture in and and learn more about? Art and design, ROM Hacking (a thing that's worth the effort), Fanfics and about -most topics.

3. How committed are you on being active and how well will you show interest in learning and asking questions? Well, on a rate between 1-10, I would daresay about 9.2. Probably there will be times when I won't be able to come by unknown reasons... who knows? I'm always up to learning more and growing through the flow of time.

And for a mentor, I'd like to be assigned to...
    1. aeternum
    2. Gardevoir the Dragon Slayer
    3. Lycantrophy

Spencerr_

Spencer
    Years
    Hi! I'm Spencer!
    I'm looking to open a trading shop! I'd like help setting it up and some general guidelines about what I can and can't do
    I read there was roleplaying? I used to do that, it might be fun to do again! Maybe art stuff and battling too.
    If this place takes my interest and I meet a bunch of friends I'd be on almost everyday at some point! :3

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2016
    1. What sections/boards are you most interested in? This is my very first time on a forum whatsoever, so I'm basically looking for someone teaching me the very basics on how to use the forum and stuff like that.
    2. What other sections/boards do you want to venture in and and learn more about? I decided to sign up for this in order to get to know other pokemon trainers, and be able to exchange friend codes, trade and battle with them!
    3. How committed are you on being active and how well will you show interest in learning and asking questions? I'll be on here a lot too, I think. Whenever I'm at home and I got some spare time and I'm willing to relax by playing pokemon or ofc using the forum.
    With this I hope there's someone who can mentor me? :-) I do no have any preferences regarding a mentor.
    Thanks!

Years
    1. What sections/boards are you most interested in? Battling and Team Building, ROM Hacking Club, The Playground
    2. What other sections/boards do you want to venture in and and learn more about? Fan Fiction and Writing, The Round Table, Main Series Pokemon Gaming
    3. How committed are you on being active and how well will you show interest in learning and asking questions? I am very committed to being active, and I will show great interest in both learning and asking questions.

Years
    I just joined about 10 minutes ago and I'm a little start stuck so a little help would be greatly appreciated.

1. Writing, RP, and trade~
    2. I'd love to know where I can talk to other people. I've only ever had one friend in my life who I could nerd out about Pokemon with so I'd love to make some new ones. Also if I can find something about battling and breeding on here I always wanted to get into competitive but I've never really had someone to teach me.
    3. I'd love to learn how things work around here because it looks so cool and it would be great to make some friends. I'll be as active as my school possibly allows me and I will ask a LOT of questions since I don't want to mess up or anything.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    I just joined about 10 minutes ago and I'm a little start stuck so a little help would be greatly appreciated.

1. Writing, RP, and trade~
    2. I'd love to know where I can talk to other people. I've only ever had one friend in my life who I could nerd out about Pokemon with so I'd love to make some new ones. Also if I can find something about battling and breeding on here I always wanted to get into competitive but I've never really had someone to teach me.
    3. I'd love to learn how things work around here because it looks so cool and it would be great to make some friends. I'll be as active as my school possibly allows me and I will ask a LOT of questions since I don't want to mess up or anything.

I can help mentor you, if you want!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back