• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official Shiny Thread

Pikadance14

Mudkip Kid
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2010
    I was walking around in Wayward Cave yesterday and ran into a random shiny Bronzor. Its nature stunk, though, so I ended up not using it.

Years
    I've got a few shinies,
    Raichu (hatched as a pichu, with volt tackle :D)
    Glaceon
    Sneasel
    Azelf
    Umbreon
    Gyarados ;)
    Flareon (yes i had 3 shiny eevees!)
    and i got a shiny shellos just a minute ago :D

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2009
    When did you get your first shiny? I've never even seen a shiny (unless the gyrados counts), and I've spent a lot of hours playing my sapphire and pearl... So, when did you get your first shiny? What game was it, and where were you in the game (how many gyms had you taken, had you gotten national dex...)

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2016
    I got like 80 Shinies through chaining. A few days ago when I started my German Platinum I encountered a Shiny Starly before I had any Pokeballs. -.-

BUG♥CATCHER★BREEZE

Lurker from the deep
    Years
    I meet first shiny pokemon is poochyena in ruby
    And I no pokeball to catch it....

So it is true the very first Poochyena you battle can be a shiny!?

Anyway, I've seen a few:

A blue Psyduck in Crystal (caught him with only Pokéball I had on me at the time!) in Ilex Forest

A green Oddish on Ruby (now a pink Bellossom! Good thing it was a girl!) in the route east of Fortree.

A green Doduo in the Safari Zone (GRAGGH! It ran away from me. And I thought I was so smart throwing Pokéblocks at him!)

A shiny Snorunt in the Emerald Battle Pike (GRAAAGH. --;)

ShinyDratini How do u identify a hacked shiny? If its related to IVs hw do i work it out and wat wud the average b?

It's only related to IV's in Gen II, so a Pokémon keeps it's shininess when traded back and forth between Gen I and II (though WHY you would want to trade a wonderful shiny and make it normal is beyond me!)
    I don't remember the spread, it's on Bulbapedia somewhere (as far as I can remember)
    Other than that, the tell-tale signs would be it being from an area it's uncatchable, caught in a Master Ball (though that wouldn't apply to legendaries) or Cherish ball, or has illegal moves/stats, y'know tell-tale hacking signs.
    So, not really, afterall, wasn't there a legit breeding shinies (trading eggs over to other games because shininess links into Secret/Trainer Ids or something...?!) program?

Gusxx1

Name/FC: Gus / 4082 1523 9868
    Years
    I got like 80 Shinies through chaining. A few days ago when I started my German Platinum I encountered a Shiny Starly before I had any Pokeballs. -.-

Wow, that sucks lol, never heard of something like that before.

Anyway just caught my second shiny shinx. :( This one has another stupid nature.

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2016
    I was quite pissed.^^ Maybe it was my fault cuz I thought that Dawn would give me some Pokeballs before I need them so I didn´t go to the market to check if I´m already able to buy some Pokeballs. That was my 2nd. random Shiny and the 2nd. random Shiny I couldn´t catch.-.- The 1st. one was a Lairon in Sapphire´s Victory Road. I accidently used Earthquake instead of Take Down to weaken it. x.x

Kristy Haruka

Johto Fangirl!~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2009
    Does saving work in PokeRadar-ing? o.o;

Because I have a chain of 6 Mareeps right now... and I was wondering if I could save and come back to it in case I mess up later?

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    Does saving work in PokeRadar-ing? o.o;

Because I have a chain of 6 Mareeps right now... and I was wondering if I could save and come back to it in case I mess up later?
    Nope, you can't save. If you need to rest, put your DS in sleep mode and charge it. ^^

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Umm, I'm not sure about using Cut.. Don't use your bike or Rare Candy, or else your chain will mess up. Just try not to do anything risky. XD

I'm pretty sure that sums up everything. Just make sure that when you can't chain no more but you still need to, to get that shiny, do not save or anything but instead just close your DS down and put it to charge. Then when you're ready to chain again open it back up and you're ready to go. Also make sure not to use cut on the grass because it could break the chain quickly since it is cutting off the grass and it could possibly cut the chain grasses.

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2016
    You can´t even cut grass in the newer games. It would be cool to get rid of "invisible" patches.^^

bewbs

~Chloe~
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    6 Shiny oddishes hatched from raising bellossoms thanks to Musada's method. =D
    I have quite a few shiny Bellossoms. <3 In my pearl, there shall be an even bigger Bellossom invasion, much bigger than the one I have on Diamond. >) Cause in DIamond I ran out of space. XD With more shiny Bellossoms along the way.

TFN

Blastiose fan XD
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2011
    6 Shiny oddishes hatched from raising bellossoms thanks to Musada's method. =D
    I have quite a few shiny Bellossoms. <3 In my pearl, there shall be an even bigger Bellossom invasion, much bigger than the one I have on Diamond. >) Cause in DIamond I ran out of space. XD With more shiny Bellossoms along the way.

Im just wonering but whats Musada's method ?

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2016
    Not too long ago I got like 5 shiny eevees out of a chain of 47 I think. I have a quite a bit of shinies. Shiny espeon, shiny vaporeon, shiny shinx, shiny crobat, shiny delcatty, shiny minun, shiny bidoof, shiny corsola, shiny butterfree, shiny pachirisu, shiny stunky, and a shiny buizel. I have a shiny umbreon and a shiny porgon2 but I gave them to my girlfriend

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2016
    Im just wonering but whats Musada's method ?

If you put 2 Pkmn from 2 different countries into the day-care the chance that one of their eggs contains a shiny increases to like 1:2000. Sry for my bad English.^^

Years
    If you put 2 Pkmn from 2 diffrent countries into the day-care the chance that one of their eggs contains a shiny increases to like 1:2000. Sry for my bad English.^^

Are you sure about that? Last I heard having two Pokémon from the same country results in a better chance of the baby having the mother's nature when you do the Everstone trick...do you have a source?

Back