• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official Shiny Thread

Jordan...

Hello :D
    Years
    I was looking for a clefairy last night for some reason and i caught a shiny Bronzor then evolved it into a Bronzong.

I wasn't expecting to find it and its the first one i've ever seen :D

Pingouin_7

150 Max Repels + days and hours of my life + 50 ultra balls + 5 Repeat Balls + 6 Quick Balls = 19 normal Dittos and...
    1 shiny Ditto.

...What did I do wrong? D:

(This was chaining, BTW. XB)

your chain was only at 19.

Not only Japanse Pokémon works... >_> You can use any Pokémon at the moment the two are not the same country.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2014
    What shinies have you caught?

Well which ones have you caught? What game was it? what color was it?

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    Well, I have only caught a shiny Zubat, which would later evolved to become a shiny Crobat (win), but I also caught a shiny Scyther as well.

Both are in my Firered B-team. 8D

Years
    my first shiny was a tangela on fire red, then a shiny electrike on my emerald and i bred a shiny eevee on emerald too, on diamond i have caught a shiny absol, phanpy, skorupi and magikarp

Elena

¦:-]
    Years
    After only ten minutes of using this method and only beeing on my fourth Pokemon of my chain I have already run into a shiny Magnemite. I'm in battle with it now. Wish me luck!
    :)

EDIT: Got my first non trade shiny!!! :D

Years
    Hear are the list,XD i only caught them in fire red XD

1.SHINY MAGICKARP
    2.SHINY TENTACOOL
    3.SHINY CHARMENDER (i used cheats for this charmender XD)
    4.SHINY SCYTHER

Deoxys55

Deoxys Collector
    Years
    your chain was only at 19.

Oh no, my chain was at 41. I caught 19 Dittos while chaining to 40 because I needed some. I was stuck at 41 for a good two or three hours before finding my only shiny, and then I broke it after a couple of hours. XD It was just horrible luck, I've chained plenty of times with much better results.

Speaking of luck, I found a shiny Roselia in a normal-shaking patch of grass the other day while trying to start a chain. XB

PokemonFanatic2

Under the rainbow
    Years
    On pokemon platinum I caught a shiny floatzel.. It was kind of yellow-ish white-ish.. The floaty thing around it's neck was white

Oh yeah.. I caught a shiny wurmple once but then I restarted the game. I was too young to notice what a shiny pokemon was anyway.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Pokemon Silver
    Donphan. 8D ... Lost the Silver version though. ;_;

Pokemon Gold
    Weedle ... Restarted the game without transferring him, sadly.
    Oddish ... Same as above.

Pokemon Crystal
    Elekid~ ... I actually have this one still. Though I didn't know it was Shiny until I saw it on Pokemon Stadium 2. xD;

... Wow... I fail at keeping my Shiny Pokemon. ;_;

RegiMasta

Regi Trainer
    Years
    • Oz
    • Seen Jun 16, 2009
    Kinda sad:(

I used to have my very own shiny bidoof, But Then my diamond file got erased. It really sucks. Anyway, I play platinum now, so I'm always looking for a new one..

rishi 20

xxX-Rishi_G-Xxx
    Years
    Need Help on Chaining Pokemon!

Does anyone know the basis of it.

I got to 18 and then the chain randomly ended without me even running into a differ pokemon!

Suggestions please!

~Magnus~

Platinum FC: 4683-5731-9795
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    I have no idea what your talking about maybe you should explain what your talking about xD

Back