• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official Shiny Thread

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2017
    Hi, i'm soft resetting to get a shiny starter, just wanted to know how soon I can tell if it's a shiny, can you tell that they're shiny when iewing the whole team?
    xx

In D/P, the earliest time you can see if the Pokémon is Shiny, is when you send it out to battle the Starlies that ambush you at Lake Verity.
    Resetting for a Shiny starter in these versions is incredibly dull and lengthy, thanks to the fact that you have to go through the whole sequence of Rowan and Dawn talking each time ._.
    Good luck ~

If you are playing Ruby, Sapphire or Emerald, then the earliest time you can tell if the starter is Shiny or not here is when you send it out to battle the Poochyena/Zigzagoon..
    And in Fire Red/Leaf Green, you can check the Summary screen sprite after choosing the Pokémon, before battling Gary in Oak's Lab.

You won't be able to see if the starter is Shiny by looking at the image that pops up when deciding what one to take, only in battles or the menu Summary screen will you see that.

I got a new Radar Shiny. Only one, a Lonely female Zubat. I broke my chain thanks to a sudden lapse of attention ^^;

A Shiny Zubat appears!

I think Eevee is next again ~

Last edited:

Xemphos

The Destroying Beast
    Years
  • My Shinies

-Spinda x 1

-Walrein x 1

If anyone wants to give me a shint over the gts one day im fine with that xDDD

Years
  • My Shinies

Pelipper: Randomly surfing along to the resort area, :O Shiny Pelipper (Grenfield) appears.

Roselia: Learned about chaining and decided to try it to find a Shiny, no success. I ran off to go somewhere else Shiny Roselia appears.

Lynx1

has significant angst
    Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2011
    My shinies:

Mightyena - Recieved on the GTS
    Magneton - Found it on LG from a random encounter. Weird part was that I was thinking " Hey, maybe I'll find a shiny in the power plant" right before I ran into it!
    Swellow - Random encounter in Emerald near the beginning of the game. Unfortunatly, she has awful stats.
    Luxray - Found yesterday through chaining, at 40.
    Staravias 1 & 2 - Found both yesterday through chaining at 40 and 41.
    Sunflora - Found in the bug park in Gold as a Sunkern. I ended up trading it for Ho-Oh to someone.

Leni

Professional cookie baker
    Years
    • Seen May 23, 2009
    Took a little break from SRing to do some breeding on my diamond, and I get a shiny feebas, modest nature ^-^ Just need to max its beauty now ^-^

xx

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2017
    Took a little break from SRing to do some breeding on my diamond, and I get a shiny feebas, modest nature ^-^ Just need to max its beauty now ^-^

xx

It's funny how these things work out, huh? Congrats.

I got an Eevee chain to 40 after 5 attempts. Now looking for my 10th Shiny Eevee from this chain.
    I have 237 Max Repels left over, out of the 511 I began with. I was aiming for 20 Shinies at least, but i'm not sure i'm going to be able to reach that with the remaining Repels. Not that it matters, even one Shiny is good :P

If anyone wants to see a picture I took of a Shiny encounter, then you'll have to click the Eevee in my sig - I can't copy/paste stuff at the moment x[

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • I only haven one shiny *sobs*
    Story time! XD
    I was going to battle the E4 for the first time, heading through Victory Road when I saw a NORMAL Steelix. I was like "Wow, you can catch Steelix here?" so I tried to catch it, failing. Anyway, I told my brother that the next Steelix I find I am going to catch. And the next one happened to be a Shiny Steelix! Anyway, i named it Superjub. XD

deathlorddp

the light shall fall......
    Years
  • almost 200 shinies. i am on the gts 4/7.
    Interesting shinies...
    Palkia
    Darkrai
    Raticate(if you look closely, you can see a random green dot near his ear! OMFG!)
    Flygon
    Rayquaza
    Arceus(SUPER HARD TO GET)
    Dragonair
    Skorupi
    Lucario(ITS GOLD!!!)
    Jirachi(red tags! Oh Yeah!!!)
    deoxs(Yellow & green: It would have gone better with black&red!)

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2017
    I finished my Eevee chain, after three days of it ^_^;

I got my Max Repels all the way down to 5, from 511, and started to increase the chain until it broke, on 64.
    I found 19 of the furry critters, 1 short of what I was aiming for but it's no bad thing - 13 out of 19 had the nature/s I was Synching for, and most of the unsynched ones ended up with decent natures anyway. I got 7 females too ^_^
    I also had 4 edge Shiny patches and 4 corner patches, and my chain survived all of them ._.'

Well here they are -

1# Bold male, "Mischievous".
    2# Bold male, "Likes to relax".
    3# Bold male, "Good perseverance".
    4# Bold male, "Proud if its power".
    5# Bold male, "Sturdy body".
    6# Bold male, "Impetuous and silly".
    7# Bold male, "Often lost in thought".
    8# Modest male, "Alert to sounds".
    9# Modest male, "Alert to sounds".
    10# Modest male, "Good endurance".
    11# Modest male, "Thoroughly cunning".
    12# Docile male, "Very finicky".

13# Bold female, "Sturdy body".
    14# Bold female, "Somewhat vain".
    15# Adamant female, "Highly persistant".
    16# Impish female, "Highly persistant".
    17# Jolly female, "Mischievous".
    18# Relaxed female, "Good perseverance".
    19# Quiet female, "Likes to relax".

Lynx1

has significant angst
    Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2011
    I caught a shiny Farfetch'd yesterday. She's pink!

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2008
    the first shiney i ever caught was a ralts. i was so shocked bcus i found while trsinin my taillow yesterday. update when i get more.

Annuhh5

White and nerdy.
    Years
  • My first shiny encounter was in my gold version
    I didn't know about shinys then and when i saw the shiny spearow i was confused and just knocked it out
    but once i realised what they were i caught a wild shiny hoothoot and evolved it into a noctowl
    I also kept resetting my gold or crystal, cant remember, till i got a shiny cyndaquil
    other then that i can't remember of any shinys that i have gotten
    besides the red gyrados
    havent encountered any shinys in diamond yet
    :)

FANOFFIRESTARTERS!!!

Call me FOFS
    Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2021
    SHINIES!!!!!!!!!!can i join

Can I join I have 5 shinies as of the moment rayquaza, jirachi, palkia, dialga, deoxys

Arnheln

A Metapod killed my family...
    Years
  • shinys.....a lotta hard work

I've been trying to get shinys the hard way at the moment, i save before i fight a legendary and keep on resetting and fighting them again until theyre shiny. So far i have a shiny groudon on ruby, a shiny mewtwo on leaf green, shiny zapdos and articuno on fire red, shiny palkia on pearl, shiny dialga on diamond, my cousin in japan traded me his shiny movie darkrai for a while just so i could use it and all three lake pokemon in shiny aswell. I did get giratina in shiny but foolishy forgot to save before i headed to the pokemon centre so my ds ran out of power, shame.

Gunners

wants Arsenal to pwm everyone!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2009

a shiny darkrai lvl 100
    a shiny azelf
    and a shiny something else i cant remember rofl.

Back