• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official Shiny Thread

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2017
    I haven't much more since my last post, just one new Shiny actually; a Hasty Swellow. I found it on a chain of 46-or so, in Platinum, and then carried on until it ended at 62.

And I had a chance of finding a Shiny Dusclops, yesterday, but I accidentally ran into a bad patch whilst chaining and broke it at 40, after switching my Syncher to lead position so that it was ready to do it's job if I found a Shiny patch xP

Naturalistick

Used to do a little.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2008
    I haven't much more since my last post, just one new Shiny actually; a Hasty Swellow. I found it on a chain of 46-or so, in Platinum, and then carried on until it ended at 62.

And I had a chance of finding a Shiny Dusclops, yesterday, but I accidentally ran into a bad patch whilst chaining and broke it at 40, after switching my Syncher to lead position so that it was ready to do it's job if I found a Shiny patch xP

Ooo, tough luck, I know how that feels actually =P.
    I was shiny hunting too, the chain was all up to 52 IIRC already, but then the repel effect finished.
    I was like, 2 patches away from the next patch where it would supposedly go on, so I just rushed to it instead of spraying more repel.
    One patch away from it, bam, a random wild Pokémon appeared ;.;

Azzurra

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 3, 2013
    I've run into a shiny Nosepass, and decided to evolve it into a Probopass, it certainly wasn't something I was expecting/looking for, either.

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2013
    Still trying to get a shiny Giratina in Platinum. I'm also SRing for a legit shiny Latias in Ruby, thanks to a friend giving me his E-Reader and Eon ticket.

Fantomix

^^^^^^^^^
    Years
  • Shiny Darkrai from Event?

Hey, recently Target gave out Darkrai to promote the new movie that's coming out on DVD. Aaanyway, I got the Wonder Card, but instead of getting the item that allows me to go to the haunted hotel thing and have Darkrai visit or w/e, I just have to pick Darkrai up from the nearest PokeMart from a delivery man.
    I was just wondering if I'd be able to get a Shiny Darkrai if I spoke to him, got it, checked, soft reset, spoke to him, get it, etc. or if it would just be set as a non shiny one?
    Thanks.

Azzurra

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 3, 2013
    I'm not too sure about this one, but you could try it.
    You probably won't end up with a shiny Darkrai though, but I'm sure it still has an 8,000 or so percentage, even though it's an event.

Zowayix

hi
    Years
  • Yeah, it generates a unique personality to determine its nature, so it DOES have that 1/8192 chance.

However, any nintendo event pkmn with a preset nature or something cannot be shiny because it already has a predetermined personality value.

fishyfool

Bitter old fart.
    Years
  • Christ, well done Gelidice, I see Snover and Beldum as the hardest shinies to chain. Beldum gets special mention for being an arse to catch, like.

My shiny history is meek. I SR'ed a shiny Azelf with IVs unsuitable for competitive battling that works well, and chained a Beautifly with duff nature. I haven't the time to chain, see.

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2008
    lol pokemon rocks
    i have a wii as well they rule dude

i have no shinys on my pokemon games i can never find them

so what does everybody think of battle revolution on the wii
    i was quite dissapointed with it i was expecting a similiar format to colloseum where you have to walk around helping people but no :(

instead i wud rather buy a gamecube agen and buy colleseum on the gamecube lol

or try and find the very rare pokemon XD my mate found a copy in the shop and decided to keep his gamecube becuz of that game :)

i dont like the way u have to post 15 times before u can post a URL to another site i want to get you all on the best online pokemon rpg

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2013
    I got my shiny Latias, but I got her in my Emerald. I mixed records with my Ruby earlier, so I could double hunt shiny Latias. I hadn't even SR'd in Emerald for an hour when she appeared. I caught it in an Ultra Ball, she has a Calm nature, but her IV's are pretty bad.

imunster

Chili Cheese Fries Are Yum.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2008
    Shiny Pokemons

Decided I wanted to catch a few. Any suggestions?

What's your favorite and why?

Pechachu

Indifference, I choose you!
    Years
  • I love shiny Ponyta and Shiny staraptor. Staraptor is all.. Emo. <3

It's not so easy to just go out and catch them, though. It's luck of the draw, and I was lucky enough to get a staraptor. :3

RileyVace

Frogs and Dragons, baby
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2019
    I've never really looked into how you obtain Shinies by chaining, I've just traded all mine :D

If you can, get Voltorb + Ponyta, I don't know why i just like the transition from Red to Blue.
    Also, shiny Eeve, so you can get Shiny Umbreon :D

Back