• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official Shiny Thread

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I must say I got EXTREMELY LUCKY!!!
    See my favorite pokemon is Plusle and I beat the elite so I started chaining for one I didnt even have to soft reset for the man to say Plusle...one luck! :D
    At chain 10 my first chain...Sadly it broke. yes it is hard to get a shiny chain early BUT my second chain at number 8 plusle it was a shiny!!! I was shocked I kept jumping up and down!!! :D::D:D:D:D

Blue_Drifblim

¯\(º_o)/¯
    Years
  • Wow! That's amazing, Lil_Miss. :)

I wish it was that easy for me when I chain. XD

...Hey, wanna hear a sad story? This was a couple of years ago. I was playing Fire Red(Maybe Leaf Green? Ruby?), and I was determined to get a shiny Pokemon. I figured the easiest would be Graveler, since they seemed to be the only Pokemon on that route(I don't remember the route number). I spent about two days trying to find one, going through patch of grass through patch of grass.. !!! I finally found one. I was ready for it, too. I felt the excitement in the air. Yeah!

It self-destructed.

That's all.

Last edited:

CheeseNinja

The Trainer Of Food Produce
    Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2009
    Wow! That's amazing, Lil_Miss. :)

I wish it was that easy for me when I chain. XD

...Hey, wanna hear a sad story? This was a couple of years ago. I was playing Fire Red(Maybe Leaf Green? Ruby?), and I was determined to get a shiny Pokemon. I figured the easiest would be Graveler, since they seemed to be the only Pokemon on that route(I don't remember the route number). I spent about two days trying to find one, going through patch of grass through patch of grass.. !!! I finally found one. I was ready for it, too. I felt the excitement in the air. Yeah!

It self-destructed.

That's all.

now that is unlucky
    i had the same problem when chaining weezing
    i finally found one and then just as i was going to switch to weaken it
    KABLAM!

moral of the story use pokemon with damp like Poliwrath when chaning explosive pokemon or searching for an explosive shiny eh?

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2012
    I dont understand people who want shiny legendaries, i mean theres supposed to be only 1 of them in the world and its supposedly a "different colour"

Years
  • I ABSOLUTLY LOVE Shiny Ninetales, but I could never get one. DxD
    I've only had ONE shiny Pokemon EVER in my years of playing Pokemon...A machop.

kazuya.

Ev'rybody Alright!
    Years
  • I have 2 shinies - Gallade and my Phanpy I just caught. (^_^)

I was trying to look for Stantler and wasn't even noticed the fact that the Phanpy is a shiny. I was surprised when I heard those shiny sound from my DS and checked it is indeed a shiny.

Lucky me. XD

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2016
    Before I left, I got a shiny Corsola off of a chain of 82. If I can recall, it's my highest chain ever. Yeah I know that the odds of a shiny appearing stops after 40 but I like to keep chaining to see if I can top by record.

Orzhov

Noob Hater
    Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2009
    shiny

My Current Shinies are:

Gyrados Flygon
    Sableye Mr. Mime
    Deoxys Darkrai
    Palkia Ninjask
    Floatzel Gallade
    Blaziken Gardevoir
    Garchomp Metagross
    Golduck Dragonite
    Rayquaza Rapidash

(None of them are hacks!)

Years
  • My first shiny was a shiny spearow on Pokemon Firered. I caught it near Cerulean City while I was training my Pokemon for the gym leader battle against Misty.
    My second shiny was a shiny budew on Pokemon Diamond. I met it without shiny chaining and of course I caught it.

Kudra

IV breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2013
    I never got any shinies from chaining. Whenever I tried my chains broke on something dumb. Despite that, I've caught some good shinies, and I remember every one of them.
    I have:
    Lanturn-I was bored and hatched a Chinchou egg on ruby, was really surprised a month later when I really looked at it in my box and noticed it was shiny.
    I then had bad luck with the safari zone in FR. I saw a shiny Nidorino, threw a ball, it broke out and ran. Needless to say, I was pretty mad. About a year later I saw a shiny Rhyhorn. Same thing happened there.
    Gastly- I was mad because that shiny Rhyhorn got away from me the day before. I was playing my LG and I suddenly found a shiny Gastly. I was happy.
    Dratini- I was bored again and decided to sr at the game corner on my FR. In about half and hour, I got one. It's Adamant and has decent IVs, incuding a 31 in HP. It's my favorite shiny I have.
    Azuril- I was in the Great Marsh when a green Azuril popped up. I was scared, I threw a pokeball, it broke out, and I was mad. It didn't run, I tossed another ball, and caught it. I finally beat the darn safari zone odds.

Those are all my shiny stories for now, if anyone actually bothered to read them.

Jumpluff

I make the Rules, You follow.
    Years
  • I haven't really had a Shiny but I had a Red Gyrados. xD In Gold and I also have one in Platinum. :D

Jumpluff

I make the Rules, You follow.
    Years
  • I just got Pearl today and played up too the Forest and I just found a wild Shiny Wurmple but I was looking for Wild Misdreavus.

I feel so lucky because I didn't use the Pokeradar. :D

Mudkip of DOOM

You dun liek dis mudkipz
    Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2009
    I've only ever caught a shiny Bidoof.
    If any of you think your unlucky you'd hate to be my friend. He found a shiny Buizel caught it and started jumping for joy (his first shiny ever) Then.... his DS's battery's died.

Back