• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official Shiny Thread

icycatelf

Alex
Years
  • My Pearl Version gave me a nice Christmas present yesterday.

I turned on my game and did something I rarely ever do, I went into a random house and watched the 'news.' What does it say? There's a swam of Dunsparce on Route 208! I was so excited!

Half jokingly, I wondered if I was going to find a shiny. I ran from Solaceon Town to Route 208 and ran into the grass. What appears? I think it was a Meditite. Anywho, I run from it. I pulled out my Poke-Radar (without using any repels) and walked into the fast-shaking patches. Who appeared? Dunsparce. Though I hated to so badly, I knocked it out with an Ice Beam.

I had chained about 15 Dunsparce when the PP of all Froslass' moves that would deal damage to Dunsparce were depleted to 0. After that, I switched my Walrein to the front of my party. I chained about 5 more, but when the grass shook the 21st (I think) time, one patch of grass glittered with stars. I freaked. So this is the famous 'shiny patch' I'd heard so much about.

As I said before, I didn't use any repels, so I hoped beyond hope that something wouldn't pop up before I got to the patch. Nothing did. I walked into the patch and there was a shiny 'sparce. I was filled with joy! I tossed a Poke Ball. *Shake... Shake... Shake... POP!* The ball burst open! You may think I was distraught, but I wasn't. It shook 3 times, so it shouldn't be too hard to capture.

I tried again. *Bag. Poke Balls. Poke Ball. Use.* I tossed the Ball. *Shake... Shake... Shake... CLICK!* The shiny Dunsparce was caught! You couldn't have seen a happier boy!

Of course, first thing's first. I didn't have any empty space in my party, so I rushed to the nearest PC the observe my baby. *ALEX B. booted up the PC. Which PC should be accessed? BEBE'S PC. The Pokemon Storage System was accessed. MOVE POKEMON. SUMMARY.* It's a boy. 0 fingers and 0 toes. Perfect in every way.

I had encountered several shinies without using the Poke-Radar, but this was the first shiny that I had ever 'chained.' And this, this was a Dunsparce. A Pokemon that I hold very close to my heart.

Thank you, Pearl Version. <3

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I found a shiny Latias on my Emerald!!!

It was Modest aswell!!

So, of course, first thing i did was migrate to Platinum!!

Taught it Dragon Pulse,Grass Knot,Surf,Psychic, levelled to lv.50

took it into the place where you choose what type you battle.
    Swept through with my choice specs.

And, when the Brain turned up, what type had i gone for?Steel.Resists both my STABs.

And what does she send out? Registeel!!!!!!!

So, i Surfed over it a few times.and i won!!

Thankyou Emerald, that's my fave pokemon, and you gave me a good-natured shiny of it!!!

now i have 1 silver symbol.w00p!

Pheya

Is very excited about HH & SS.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2010
    I'm hoping to catch a new Shiny before 12/31/2009. My last Shiny caught in the year of 2009. (I also started chaining in 2009. LOL.)

Last shiny was more than 5 months ago. I hope I still know the hang of it.

Pikadance14

Mudkip Kid
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2010
    I got some new shiny Aron (one of my personal favorite shinies), and I'm going to go after Mightyena soon since it's another of my favorites. And Rhyhorn just for the heck of it.

Pheya

Is very excited about HH & SS.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2010
    I am at a chain of 38 Sentret, but I only did this to EV train my Shiny Turtwig in Attack...

I am now at...39, oh my god, if it breaks now I will be so angry..

AAAAAAAAAH I AM AT 40 <3

Just caught a Shiny Sentret in a Dive Ball.

Spoiler:

Yeah, Sentret is one of my favourite shiny Pokémon. <3 I have 2 Shiny Setret and 1 Shiny Furret.

Emotion.

Mentally Burning Rainbow.
    Years
  • I have an obviously hacked lvl 7 Agron from the gts xD. Don't even know why I asked for an Agron since I already had one. It's still sitting in my PC to this day, never even used it once, I think it still has Pokerus too.

Never had any luck getting shinies myself though, I can barely even get a chain to 40, and when I did manage to my finger slipped onto another direction button, making me run into another patch of grass and break it.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • I was trying to catch the legendary birds on my Platinum and I looked on my poketch to see where one was I went to route 207 and put up a repel and I bumped into a shiny Zapdos and I then hurled one of my cloned master balls and caught it. I went to the PC and looked at it's stats and it had a timid nature! I was so happy and I checked it's IV's on a calculator and it had okay IV's and Had electric hidden power -_-.

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
  • Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my GOD!

As some of you may have seen, I posted in the GBA Quick Questions and Answers thread about a shiny Latias.
    Yesterday, at 5 in the morning/night (yeah.. I was awake almost the entire night. Shame on me :P) I deposited my Lv. 1 Regigigas, thinking "meh, I don't play NU, i'll probably never get any use of it.." and then I asked for a Latias. Level 60 or higher. Then I went to sleep.
    Then, when I turned on my DS at about 2 PM, selected Platinum, entered the GTS, and connected to Nintendo WiFi Connection..

A Pokeball fell from the sky. I was like "Sweet, I got a Latias already! I hope this one is better than the Careful Japanese one I got yesterday!" And then this baby stared at me:

http://tinypic.com/r/2edboex/6

I was speechless. "WOW," I thought. Someone traded me a shiny Latias for a stupid Regigigas. HELL YEAH!

I also got a Japanese Bold Suicune, a Japanese Timid Latios, a Japanese Flygon and some other pokes.

I've posted on the Bulbagarden Forums in the "Is my pokemon hacked?" thread, and i'm awaiting answers for the two Latis. I pray the shiny one is legit. Watch the video and you'll get information.

(Someone really likes their Regigigases xD)

Happy new year!
    ~Moltres111

SCV058

The Able Vet
    Years
  • Hey, I used to think chaining was impossible, but one day I said what the heck, and chained two boxes of Shiny Shinx and Gligar. (=

Years
  • Hey, I was like this a couple of days ago, and now im chaining Starly's to a chain of 61, just keep trying, it's what I did, and now I have 3-4 Shiny starly's :D

Yeah I got a little better now but late last night,I chained 36 bidoofs then since I was half asleep,I pressed run instead of fight ):

EDIT: WTF I didn't know chains can end for no reason! Chain of 20 and I kill the bidoof and then my chain just dissapears.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2010
    the only shiny pokemon that ive gotten were trade:

shiny Blazicken, blastoise, and over the gts ...... A SHINY RAYQWAYZA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yuukihime

I'm allergic to people.
    Years
  • I've had a shiny pidgeotto, a shiny drifblim, a shiny rayqyaza, a shiny charizard, and a shiny milotic (or feebas) almost all of them through trade e.e

Back