• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The PC Digimon RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    I think we could have some custom Digimon, to make our game unique. It really depends on how many Luis is willing to sprite.

monkeybard

boop
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2023
    0~0 I hate you murderers. Nah, I'm kidding. but the sprites could take a while, which will slow down game progress. Are you okay with that?

.:~Luis~:.

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
    The PC Digimon RPG

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
    Um, some tileset progress, but no script progress as of yet.
    I'd really like to show some screenshots or videos, but Wichu has to work on his primary game, and we need to accept that. :P

Story-wise, I'm working on something, since Virtual Chatot hasn't been in contact with me in weeks.

Don't worry though, it will not be canceled or put on hold.

Any of the other staff have anything they'd like to share, regarding progress?

HeavyOctillery

Locked & Loaded
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2018
    I've been thinking about it, and even though I'm still helping out with another Pokemon fangame currently, I'd still like to help out with this - the idea has just gotten too enticing for me to pass up. :P

I've yet to play ANY of the Digimon games yet, but I have been sticking my face in the DMA Digi-Dex (bookmarked on my Firefox) for the last 2 weeks or so just because there's SOOOOOOOOO many Digimon I didn't know even existed.... So, ideas have been going through my head constantly. Even though I don't know if these 2 ideas has been done before or not in a previous game yet, but there's so many Armor Digimon available, and, if this is going with the Tamer thing, maybe a select Digimon that can Armor Digivolve (1 of the 5, obviously, unless you're intent on making others) could headline the Tamer's party. The other, ala Pokemon Ranger, a Tamer's Digimon can do something in the overworld that another couldn't, for use in particular circumstances; however, something tells me that that idea HAS been used in official games already.

Keep in mind that I've been out of the loop for quite some time.

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
    Well, thanks for the input.

Uh, I don't know what you mean about headlining the party, considering you'll be able to switch digimon whenever you want ala Digimon World DS.

Talents on the overworld? I never thought of that, maybe similar to HMs but Digimon specific?

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
    Excuse me if you're too late in the design stage to think about this, but why should a Digimon RPG even involve monster capturing? Wasn't one of the main points of the anime that digimon were sentient creatures and that they should be treated more or less like people? What's wrong with a Final Fantasy style Digimon game, one where you don't capture monsters and have the digimon be actual characters? One of the things that I always thought was terrific about the anime was how it differed from Pokemon in that it was heavily story and character based and didn't involve the protagonists walking around and beating up monsters just because they felt like it.

HeavyOctillery

Locked & Loaded
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2018
    Ah, ok; I wasn't quite sure how the Digimon party aspect was to work. I was thinking along the lines of there always being an 'ancient descendant' (Armor Digivolving) Digimon leading the other ones.

On the overworld 'abilities': I wasn't actually thinking in terms of TMs, rather like Pokemon Ranger where the abilities come 'pre-packaged' with the Digimon already. Hm, maybe additional ones could be learned / taught / whatever at a later point in the game or something.

Icomeanon6: Well, if you think about it, Tamers befriend Digimon, which is a little different, but not by much.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back