• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

*The Pink PuffBall* Kirby Club

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
    Did someone mention Kirby? "Kirby, Kirby, Kirby thats a name you should know"....Ok I won't sing the opening theme song of the show.

Where and when did you remember first seeing Kirby?

I heard of Kirby ever since Super Smash brothers came out for the Nintendo 64. I started playing Kirby once I got Amazing Mirror.

Best Game and why?

The Amazing Mirror; not only is it my first Kirby game I ever played but I loved all the levels and how Kirby gets split in half. You could contact the other Kirbys to help you out during a battle; not to mention the amazing ending credits. You get to shoot the eye boss during the credits instead of having to just sit there bored until the credits end. I wish every game was like this or something similar.

What's your favorite Kirby Ability?

I think my favorite was Ice Kirby and UFO Kirby. I can't remember since it's been a while since I actually played a Kirby game on the DS.

Favorite Boss?

The Master hands on Kirby Amazing Mirror. You get to fight two of them. I like this boss because it's challenging and fun to take out the hands.

Good Long explanation, I also noticed the Kirby Opening XD. Many bosses were strange to fight, and back when I was small, the hardest one to fight was Miracle Matter. Not only was Kirby 64 the only game had during that time, but i was only a child. It was hard back then. Not anymore though.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    I remember Kirby 64. It was a great game, including the fact that you can inhale two abilities at once, which was unique, but for better. I remember getting up to some dark matter sphere or something, which would then shoot laser beams or something. I haven't played that game in such a long time, but it sure was fun.

I want to get Kirby Superstar Ultra again, since I loved that game when I had it. I remember beating Marx Soul once ever, which was hard to get to, since Galacta Knight was really hard to beat. If you ever play that game in the True Arena and get past Galacta Knight, you might want to get the Mirror ability if it's available, since that's going to be a huge help in that battle.

Edsbob

TECHNOLOGY TODAY IS INCREDIBLE
    Years
    I always dodged and spammed the hammer on Galacta Knight. Kirby SSU was much easier to play once you learned how to dodge the attacks (until then, I just used the mirror like Alternative said-- loved it too) of the various bosses. In fact, you sort of had to.

After all, otherwise how was one supposed to get that darn ribbon for 'mastering' all of the 'Helper to Hero' game?

I really liked the double ability in the 64 game too; it opened up more options and the was absolutely no way of getting bored that way. Unfortunately I haven't played that much of that game...

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
    I never played Kirby on the Nintendo 64 besides the Super Smash bros however; I did play a demo of it at a hotel and thought it wasn't that bad. I think I still have SuperStar but one of my favorite mini games on it was when you had to eat up the food or something like that. It's been a while since I played it. I have currently been playing Kirby AirRide which I still love.

Edsbob

Years
    II have currently been playing Kirby AirRide which I still love.

Watch me try to spread that game as far as possible, that game is fun. In saying so, I completely fail at parts of the game you have to race in. I normally just play City Trial (I think it was called). That mega bomb still warms the cockles of my heart, my best friend and I love it. I somehow always end up weightless with over 9000 glide and fourth place.

It took me a while to slaughter kill impale defeat Dedede, but when I did do it it took 27 seconds... of me stabbing him with needles.

Good times...

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    I've never played Kirby's Air Ride, but it's been one of those games I've wanted to play even once, and just never got around to it. I'm pretty sure my local video store has it in, so I might see if I can rent it then for a week or so and try to finish it.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
    I still haven't unlocked all the mission things on that game yet. I mainly play in City trial and the regular racing game. I usually play the game when my friends are around. It's still a good Kirby game even until now. I wonder if they'll make a second one or a sequel to it. I usually go with either, Purple, Blue, Red, or White for the color Kirby on there.

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
    Years
    Favourite Boss?

King Dedede, hands down. You've gotta admire his semi-obsessive determination. Also, I love making fun of Whispy- the difficulty of battle with him epitomises "Spring Breeze", LOL. SEE WHAT I DID THERE?

I also enjoy the fights against Meta Knight, but then again, I think he's a legend!

I have currently been playing Kirby AirRide which I still love.

Yeah, that is a brilliant game! I can only imagine how much fun it must be if you had three friends to play with! =)

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years

Yeah, that is a brilliant game! I can only imagine how much fun it must be if you had three friends to play with! =)

Oh it is, even doing four player is a lot of fun. We actually do the racing more then the city trial but sometimes my friends and I would do the City trial and put the 'race' on random. When I play by myself; it's not that fun but I usually put the 'race' on which ever one I want so that I know which items to look for.

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
    Years
    Oh, I see, I see! =D The racing is pretty fun, but... let's just say I have a lot of polishing up to do. My sister and I play the City Trial the most. Most of the time I end up collecting irrelevant traits for the random games... or an unhelpful vehicle. I love it when I get the ice cream truck and it's High-Jump or Gliding. I LOL at my own misfortune. ♥

Pikachewy

Should be doing homework atm.
    Years
    Sorry for my lack of appearance in this thread, considering how much I love it xDD;;

Where and when did you remember first seeing Kirby?
    My cousin bought me a kirby game (Nightmare in dreamworld) I was so stupid and until the 4th world, I didn't realise I could use copy abilities :v
    Best Game and why?
    I like the amazing mirror. Quite original and life's better with friends XD
    What's your favorite Kirby Ability?
    I'd say stone is a pretty good one for bosses. My favourite is ice though~
    Favorite Boss?
    The hard version of King Dedede (in Kirby superstar ultra) XD He's so stupid even though he was upgraded. :P

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    Eh, I never really like the Dedede boss in Superstar Ultra. I mean, it's easy and all, but I give it that they tried to pull out all the stops for you with a giant Hammer that shoots fire and rockets, a steel, electrified cage to keep you in, or so you can't fly too far out of the way. He hits hard as well, which is a pain.

Just a random question for those who have played Superstar (Ultra)/Fun Pak, what did you think of the Revenge of Meta Knight story? I thought it was kinda hard at first, but now I find it really easy. I remember one of the things in the game where you've blown a hole in the wall to escape from, and I couldn't figure out how to get out of the room. XD; I also liked the dialogue in that thing.

Fork guy: We must do something about Dyna Blade
    Axe Guy: Shoot it down already!
    Meta Knight: Good, that's one problem dealt with.
    Waddle Dee: Derp.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
    I love it when I get the ice cream truck and it's High-Jump or Gliding. I LOL at my own misfortune. ♥

The ice cream truck is so cute but I mainly use the main star and I like unlocking the Glider...I think that's what it's called, the flying legendary machine. I like that one better then the speed one. My friend and I played the Free run mode on City trial for almost 5 hours. It was a lot of fun; us running around and flying around like idiots and doing random stuff.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
    To tell you all the truth, it has been a very long time eversince I played Kirby Air Ride. I remember glimpses from back when I was 6 years old of Kirby in a yellow star....and me beating my smaller sister in a race or something. Now that I remember it, it tons of fun back then. I need to rent it to remember the good old times.

-And yes....Pikachewy is still in.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    I just thought I'd share this. It seems like there's a new Kirby game in the works in Japan. Things say it's going to be released sometime later this year, which means probably 2012 for us. To me, it seems like a Kirby's Epic Yarn, without the yarn. It's also not the best thing. Now, Kirby get's SUPER ULTRA MEGA GOODNESS POWERS! Like a giant sword, and a fire dragon, and things like that.

My opinion: It seems like it's going to be one of the best Kirby Games to date. :D

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
    I saw that video and had posted it in my blog. I forgot to post it here but the new Kirby game looks awesome. I want to play it now. Epic Yarn wasn't that bad but this one looks really good.

Edsbob

Years
    King Dedede, hands down. You've gotta admire his semi-obsessive determination. Also, I love making fun of Whispy- the difficulty of battle with him epitomises "Spring Breeze", LOL. SEE WHAT I DID THERE?

YES I DID. VERY GOOD. I APPROVE GREATLY.

Sorry for my lack of appearance in this thread, considering how much I love it xDD;;

Favorite Boss?
    The hard version of King Dedede (in Kirby superstar ultra) XD He's so stupid even though he was upgraded. :P

Don't worry, Kirby still feels your love, hahaha.

As for the Dedede part, I couldn't agree more. I literally could not stop laughing for a while when he spun around like an idiot, proceeding to dizzy himself out. That expression. Priceless.

Just a random question for those who have played Superstar (Ultra)/Fun Pak, what did you think of the Revenge of Meta Knight story? I thought it was kinda hard at first, but now I find it really easy. I remember one of the things in the game where you've blown a hole in the wall to escape from, and I couldn't figure out how to get out of the room. XD; I also liked the dialogue in that thing.

Fork guy: We must do something about Dyna Blade
    Axe Guy: Shoot it down already!
    Meta Knight: Good, that's one problem dealt with.
    Waddle Dee: Derp.

I thought the facial expressions were priceless, and I loved the original opening for it. As for the story, there wasn't too much though it was interesting too see good old "JUSTICE FOR ALL!" Meta Knight try to get back at Dreamland for being lazy. He should have just assaulted Dedede and/or usurped the throne from him instead of take over dreamland in an unorthodox manner. He could do it.

Derp.

I just thought I'd share this. It seems like there's a new Kirby game in the works in Japan. Things say it's going to be released sometime later this year, which means probably 2012 for us. To me, it seems like a Kirby's Epic Yarn, without the yarn. It's also not the best thing. Now, Kirby get's SUPER ULTRA MEGA GOODNESS POWERS! Like a giant sword, and a fire dragon, and things like that.

YES. MORE KIRBY, MOOOOORE! But that actually looks really good, I can't wait until it comes out over here.

I saw that video and had posted it in my blog. I forgot to post it here but the new Kirby game looks awesome. I want to play it now. Epic Yarn wasn't that bad but this one looks really good.

Oh yeah, how was Epic Yarn? I've never played it, and I wanted to know what it was like overall (story, gameplay, etc.)

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
    Oh yeah, how was Epic Yarn? I've never played it, and I wanted to know what it was like overall (story, gameplay, etc.)

The Kirby game to me was a bit babyish but cute at the exact same time. I liked playing as the king Kirby whenever I do two player with my friends. The reason why I thought it was a bit kidish is because of the fact the Narrator made it sound like it was just for little kids. The levels are good and the controls are so easy to get through but that is also the only down fall. The boss battles were easy to defeat; even the final boss was easy. It took me a while to figure out what to do for fighting Metal Knight. It took me at least a hour to figure it out but I managed to keep dodging and not dieing. You can't die on this game which makes it a bit not challenging. When I first played through a level; I thought that I would die and lose a life but instead you lose some of your jewels that you collected. Sadly the other Kirbys aren't in this since they are in most of the Kirby games. My favorite level I think was the Ice level. I can't remember but changing into different things while being Kirby was awesome. I loved being the huge tank Kirby and kept shooting rockets at the enemies. The music was adorable and relaxing. You could also change your apartment as well. I didn't pay attention to most of the story plot since the Narrator was so annoying in the game that I couldn't deal with it. and I thought Pokemon Narrator was annoying.

Over all this is a good game. I would have given it an 8/10.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    I didn't play Kirby's Epic Yarn either. I might rent it if my local video store ever gets it in, but I dunno. That game didn't really appeal to me because of the yarn, and the fact you don't get abilities in it either, which kinda sucks.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
    At first it didn't appeal to me either until I noticed it look so adorable. I just didn't like that Narrator in the game. Makes me want to give up on it but other then that; I did enjoy the music. I still need to get all the items in the game though but I'm usually not the type of person that goes for the 100% progress of the game when it comes to unlocking other items. Yeah I didn't like the fact that you couldn't use abilities either but I can see why they didn't give you those ability I mean; you get to transform into a lot of different things and it's easy to take out the enemies in the game.

Back