• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Poké Mart

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
  • The Poké Mart

The Poké Mart, a feature that has been in every game. (I wouldn't exactly call it a feature but meh) The hard earned cash we earn throughout our adventure usually ends up in these small yet lovable marts. :3c

So, how often do you use the Poké Mart? What items do you buy there? Do you prefer to find your items naturally than spend your hard earned cash on them?

Anything else too. ~ :3

I usually use them at the start of the game, (1st - 3rd yym) and buy items like Super Potions, Great Balls, a few items like Antidotes, Paralyze Heals etc. I usually don't visit again until things get hard, round about the 6th gym. I like finding the odd item on the floor but I wouldn't use it as my method of item collected. :)

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • I mainly buy the "fancy" Pokéballs (Dusk, Quick, etc.....), Along with healing items on occasion or repels if I'm heading off into some cave. Though I've done complete playthroughs, without using PokéMarts as a challenge (it's quite fun) .

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I mainly use Poke Marts to buy Poke Balls and the highest grade HP-restoration item available (usually the Full Restore when I can access it). Prior to Gen V, I also sold my valuable items in there (now I sell them to the gentleman in the Iccirus Pokemon Center).

BaileyPlaysPokemon

YouTube Vid maker, Gen I lover
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2011
    a lot of times when i am playing the game, i try to avoid using the pokemart whenever possible so that I can stock up on revives and full restores for the elite four :D

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I'm a real Scrooge when it comes to things like Poke Marts, as I never really use them all that much. For the most part, I'll save up all my money 'til the Elite Four and then spend a lot of it then. Any time before then, I'll just make do with finding items on the ground (including Poke Balls, as I don't tend to capture a lot of critters) and many return trips to PokeCenters while grinding a team up. So, I'm ridiculously cheap, in other words!

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I stop in at each location and buy whatever I think I need for the next stretch until the next town. Usually I'm needing repels, healing items, and spare PokeBalls. When I get to the Department Store (or whatever location sells Lemonades) I'll go on a shopping spree there, and that'll cover the healing items for most of the remainder of the game.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    Very rarely. The only sure times I ever went to a Poke Mart was right after the first gym, so I could stock up on Poke Balls, and right before the Elite Four for Full Restores/Revives. Other than that, it's completely variable and just not very often.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I'm a real Scrooge when it comes to things like Poke Marts, as I never really use them all that much. For the most part, I'll save up all my money 'til the Elite Four and then spend a lot of it then. Any time before then, I'll just make do with finding items on the ground (including Poke Balls, as I don't tend to capture a lot of critters) and many return trips to PokeCenters while grinding a team up. So, I'm ridiculously cheap, in other words!

I'm pretty similar to this. I do buy Poke Balls and the occasional Potion+, but nothing else ever ever. The rest I handle on my own, until the Elite Four where I blow all my money on Revives and Hyper Potions haha.

Drakio

The next youngster Joey!
    Years
  • I only go to poke Mart when I am know I am going to be away from a town for a while. But I mostly use poke Marts to sell Items. I don't really need healing Items because I fight smart, the other person that I battle have a hard time hitting my pokemon or surviving my first hits, so my pokemon don't get to many scratches.

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    I buy supplies to the Poke Mart all the time, and whenever I'm out of Pokeballs! D':

Guest123_x1

Whenever I bought stuff from a Poké Mart, it was usually stuff like PokéBalls, potions, and sometimes other healing items (such as Max Revive and Paralyz Heal). I usually stopped in one when I ran low on such supplies.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • I only buy quick balls and dusk balls but near the end of the game I tend to stock up on super repels. By the time I'm at Victory Road, I've seen Gravellers and Golbats so much I get rather sick of them. Normally when I'm in need of healing items I go to the herb store wherever it may be located in the game because Revival Herbs and Energy Roots are just must have items. My Pokemon hardly ever have more than 200 hp and when they do that's normally at such a high level that no trainer in the game can even be considered a challenge.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • I usually go to the Pokemart by the end of the run, usually the Pokemart at the Pokemon League. I only buy things if I run out of Repels and Pokeball, but I never buy potion and other healing items before the league. When I reach the league, I exhaust all my money with Revives and Full restores.

Grif of Hearts

Que sera sera~
    Years
  • During the majority of the game, I tend to use it soley to buy Pokéballs. Occasionally I delve into my otherwise-empty pockets to buy myself a few potions or medicines to heal any status ailments I might come across.

Most healing equipment I buy tends to be before Gym-leaders or the Elite Four, such as revives and full-heals. The typical E4 warriors set.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I was disappointed when I found out in Gen V the Mart was merged into the Pokécenter, sure it's handy but its not maintaining the originality of the game.

Years
  • I often stock up on Quick Balls, Dusk Balls and Full Restores/Hyper Potions.

But in Black, I seem to stock up on Max Repels so I can hunt for evolutionary stones in those dust clouds.

sherreamethyst

Dragonite's Momma
    Years
  • Strange I was just thinking about this...but I rarely ever use the pokemarts. Only for the first few gym battles until I start finding all kinds of goodies. I rarely ever use items too, and tend to not even use things i find. I've never bought an X item in my life, and never used one for the 13-15 years i've played Pokemon. I never use items and sometimes i'll use a super potion. I usually go there to stock up on pokeballs but thats it. I don't even buy fancy pokeballs or great balls or ultra balls. Just pokeballs. I pretty much just buy lemonades in a dozen at the machines on rooftops and such places.

Back