• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The PokéCommunity Battle Frontier Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
Years
  • Anti has a smexy team.

Well, I am taking a break from Battle Tower being frustrated at it, and I am doing to the Battle Hall this time! 8D I am currently 47 right now. =] Hopefully I won't be frozen this time around. =D

He is, you can use Soul Dew also so you won't be locked in Specs (same boost but has a SpD also). Try Latios/Latias>>Mence so you are not 4x weak to Ice Shard, and you are faster. =]
    Soul Dew is banned in the Frontier, Wolf. o_o

Also, I'll update records later, been busy~

Detox

Hmm...Im mad. I had a pretty good streak going in the battle hall (88) and I was on the last battle against a Sharpedo. I had a luke so im like just kill it. Lucario used Close Combat! Its super effective! The foes Sharpedo hung on using its focus sash! The foes Sharpedo used Waterfall ! A critical hit ! Lucario Fainted...

Lucario @ Life Orb
    Adamant Nature
    Ability: Inner Focus
    252 Attack | 252 Speed | 4 HP
    -Swords Dance
    -Ice Punch
    -Close Combat
    -Extremespeed

I hate sharks...

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • I swear if one more Quick Claw Donphan or Steelix takes out my Starmie I'm going to lose it @_@

Have a streak of 42 (6 rounds) in the Battle Arena right now with the same team in this order: Metagross, Starmie, Heracross. It was honestly a total breeze (aka Metagross itself was winning the battles) until the last round and man were things kicked up a notch. I nearly lost about 3 times...and I still have another round of 7 and then a round of 6 until I play the Arena Tycoon for the Gold Symbol.

FML lol

EDIT: Want to know why hax items are banned from competitive play?

Meta vs Feraligatr: Explode!

Starmie vs Lapras: crit thunderbolt vs starmie!

1-2

Hera vs Lapras: OHKO with Brick Break

1-1

AGGRON vs Heracross: QUICK CLAW AERIAL ACE

0-1

Now that is just so horrible I'm just............

Last edited:

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • I need some advise for Battle Tower. My main Sweeper is Dragonite and I need a pokemon that can cover his weakness: Water Pokemon. All water Pokemon have Ice Beam, so I want a pokemon that can resist water/ice attacks.

My first thought was Lanturn. He is not very powerfull, but a Dance-Thunder moveset might get the job done.

I didn't know what spead to give it, but this is the one I'm planning now:

Lanturn @ Quick Claw
    Modest (252 SA) (252 HP) (4 Def)
    Rain Dance
    Thunder
    Surf/ Hydo Pump
    Ice Beam

First, I don't know if this is the best ev spread for Lanturn. Second, I don't know If lanturn is good enough for Battle Tower. Thrid I wan't to know of any other pokemon that would cover Dragonite's weaknesses and be powerful on its own.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • well, I guess I could post my new factory record. so far I've got 21 wins w/ 6 trades. I also have 19 wins in the battle castle.
    I forgot to post my team, so here it is.
    Houndoom @ Shell Bell
    Solar Beam
    Sunny Day
    Dark Pulse
    Flamethrower

Lucario @ Quick Claw
    Aura Sphere
    Shadow Claw
    Drain Punch
    Dragon Pulse

Alakazam @ TwistedSpoon
    Shadow Ball
    Miracle Eye
    Recover
    Psychic

Last edited:
    Years
  • I need some advise for Battle Tower. My main Sweeper is Dragonite and I need a pokemon that can cover his weakness: Water Pokemon. All water Pokemon have Ice Beam, so I want a pokemon that can resist water/ice attacks.

My first thought was Lanturn. He is not very powerfull, but a Dance-Thunder moveset might get the job done.

I didn't know what spead to give it, but this is the one I'm planning now:

Lanturn @ Quick Claw
    Modest (252 SA) (252 HP) (4 Def)
    Rain Dance
    Thunder
    Surf/ Hydo Pump
    Ice Beam

First, I don't know if this is the best ev spread for Lanturn. Second, I don't know If lanturn is good enough for Battle Tower. Thrid I wan't to know of any other pokemon that would cover Dragonite's weaknesses and be powerful on its own.

It's worth noting that Empoleon resists Ice 4x, Rock 2x and Dragon 2x, making it even better for absorbing hits aimed at Dragonite. You could always go with the standard SubPetaya set.

If you have a 31 HP IV, run [ 8 HP / 16 Def / 252 SAtk / 232 Spd ] which is tweaked to be more useful at Lv50.

Empoleon @ Petaya Berry
    Modest | Torrent
    [ 8 HP / 16 Def / 252 SAtk / 232 Spd
    ~ Agility
    ~ Substitute
    ~ Surf
    ~ Ice Beam / Grass Knot

Grass Knot is the better choice, as it hits bulky waters, etc.

You could always run a Tanky set if you don't feel comfortable with this.

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    I recently thought it may be fun to actually attempt the Battle Frontier..

..My best streak was in the Battle Arcade where I got 51 in Singles

My Team:

Typhlosion @ --
    Modest
    252SpA/160Spe/96HP

-Eruption
    -Focus Blast
    -Flamethrower
    -HP Ice

He's actually meant to be a Choice Scarf starter..But I didn't know that you couldn't use held items in the Battle Arcade.. *shot*

He can sweep teams on his own on occasions..Full powered Eruptions hurt nearly anything.

He's not as fast as he should be due to the absence of a choice scarf, but he still has some extra bulk, which is sometimes just what you need in the Battle Arcade.

Scizor @ --
    Adamant
    252Atk/252Spe/6HP

-Superpower
    -X-Scissor
    -Swords Dance
    -Bullet Punch

Usually just here to finish off anything that Typhlosion doesn't :/ ..

But I use him alot to take down Blissey/Chansey/Other Special walls that wthout him..Stall this team out.

And also a good finisher..If something's on 50% or lower than I can send in Scizor to Bullet Punch or Superpower..Or even X-Scissor for psychics or bulky grass types.

Gengar @ --
    Timid
    252SpA/252Spe/6HP

-Thunderbolt
    -Shadow Ball
    -Focus Blast
    -Psychic

Gengar has great coverage and takes down Gyarados and other waters with ease.

Shadow Ball for STAB and Psychics/Other ghosts..Focus blast for Steels etc.

Psychic may seem a little bleh on gengar, but there seemed to be an abundance or fighting types in the battle arcade..And I didn't have an immediate move to take them down...So hense Psychic.

Yea..That's my only record worth mentioning at the moment.

Last edited:

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • Lost on 75 in the Arcade; small error on my part. Gonna try and hit 77, though.

Milke

Chill it an' spill it.
    Years
  • I've racked up a new high score of 21 in the Battle Arcade Doubles. =P Here's the team. It works quite well ackshully:

Tyranitar@Nothin'.
    Adamant Nature
    252 Atk / 252 Spd
    ~EQ
    ~DD
    ~Stone Edge
    ~Crunch

Regirock@Nothin'.
    Careful Nature
    252 HP, 252 SpDef
    ~Thunder Wave / Hammer Arm
    ~Rock Slide
    ~SR
    ~Explosion

Garchomp@Nothin'.
    Jolly Nature
    252 Atk / 252 Spd
    ~Outrage
    ~EQ
    ~Aeriel Ace
    ~Fire Fang

I usually DD up a turn if I think Regirock can tear a sizeable hole into BOTH opponents with Rock Slide. Then if the HP is running low, I simultaneously EQ and Explode. Explode with no attack EVs and not very effective does around half to Tyranitar, and EQ with that 200 Base Def. does little to Regirock. Everyone on the field is KO'd, and leaves a clean slate for Garchomp to begin the evasion-boosted sweep. I think I'm going to drop Thunder Wave for Hammer Arm on Regirock. Not all things are hurt by only rock and dark attacks. =/

UPDATE: Just got to 35 in my win streak. Still going. Somehow my single battle streak is only 34...looks like I have a career in double battling.

Oh, and Beachy, sorry about the double post. =P I pressed the EDIT button but my crappy computer screwed it up again and sent it as a post. Vista...how I hate thee...

Last edited:

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • Back at 49 after that loss at 75 with my Arcade team~

Updating with Milke's streak and name change in a bit~

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • So I'm sure you remember my Battle Dome team, but now I'm after the Battle Arena. I've gotten to Round 8 twice...lost once because of Quick Claw (which made me rather mad lol), and once because Starmie couldn't OHKO a Ninetales with Surf and lost to Confuse Ray. Either way, The old team is here. It's mostly the same but with a few changes:

Psychic > Recover on Starmie
    Lum Berry > Leftovers on Metagross
    The order is Metagross / Starmie / Heracross (yes, that's important).

However, I am really doubting the items...the movesets will stay the same. (Seriously, these are the best movesets for these Pokemon...just trust me.)

The trouble is that status usually messes up Metagross and Starmie, but I can only use one Lum Berry. Scope Lens is basically a filler on Starmie so don't think it's doing anything. I just need item slots...I'll even change Heracross's Choice Band (though I'd rather not despite its obvious drawbacks which I'll get to in a sec).

Before you make suggestions, make sure you know the rules of the Battle Arena

In other words, I can't switch (yes, sucks when the lead is Charizard), and Starmie automatically comes in for Meta. The judgments I usually win since i don't mess around with crap like Toxic and Double Team (which IS crap in the Arena...three turns is not enough to make that have an impact).

so yes, item suggestions please =)

EDIT: Lost in Round 8 due to a Brightpowder Alakazam with a critical hit or ten hundred.

Last edited:

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • My best Battle Tower Streak is 44. Thanks to Archer for suggesting Empoleon. Naturaly I'm aiming higher. Here is my team right now.

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
    Adamant (attack and speed EVs)
    ~Superpower
    ~Earthquake
    ~Dragon Dance
    ~Outrage

Empoleon @ Leftovers
    Bold (Hp and SpDef mostly)
    ~Subsittute
    ~Surf
    ~Ice Beam
    ~Grass Knot

Porygon-Z @ Life Orb
    Modest (Spd and SpA EVs)
    ~Tri Attack
    ~Dark Pulse
    ~Ice Beam
    ~Hyper Beam

Porygon-Z and Dragonite both ended up with 201 offensive power wich is near maximum for both. Tri Attack Ko's almost anything. It is notable that both Empoleon and Porygon have a softspot of Focus Blast, but Porygon-Z could never take more than 1-or-2 hits anyway.

What can I do to improve the team?

Milke

Chill it an' spill it.
    Years
  • My best Battle Tower Streak is 44. Thanks to Archer for suggesting Empoleon. Naturaly I'm aiming higher. Here is my team right now.

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
    Adamant (attack and speed EVs)
    ~Superpower
    ~Earthquake
    ~Dragon Dance
    ~Outrage

Empoleon @ Leftovers
    Bold (Hp and SpDef mostly)
    ~Subsittute
    ~Surf
    ~Ice Beam
    ~Grass Knot

Porygon-Z @ Life Orb
    Modest (Spd and SpA EVs)
    ~Tri Attack
    ~Dark Pulse
    ~Ice Beam
    ~Hyper Beam

Porygon-Z and Dragonite both ended up with 201 offensive power wich is near maximum for both. Tri Attack Ko's almost anything. It is notable that both Empoleon and Porygon have a softspot of Focus Blast, but Porygon-Z could never take more than 1-or-2 hits anyway.

What can I do to improve the team?

Did you say they have a MAX power of 201? I'm assuming that's at level 50, in which case is okay. Otherwise let me introduce the idea of IV Breeding. ;) I'd give Porygon-Z a Choice Scarf or a Choice Specs. Life Orb doesn't help you all that much. I'd lead with Porygon-Z, then switch out to a counter if you get locked into a poor move. If Hyper Beam is helpful for you, keep it, but if that Porygon-Z has HP Fighting, give it that. With HP Fighting you have complete type coverage, perfect for a lead. And unless you find subbing up with Empoleon helpful at all, I'd remove it for a steel move. Flash Cannon, maybe. I'd give Dragonite a Yache berry or the Life Orb, since Ice attacks can screw him once Empoleon is down. It's your call, though. If status runs rampant, use the Lum. If Dragonite can't seem to get enough damage before dying, go for the Life Orb and if Ice attacks keep mowing him down, use the Yache.

*~Fireheart~*

ready for action!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2012
    I used this Pokémon to do an 80 sweep in the Battle Hall. Still going on!

Togekiss level 100 @ Nothing!
    EVs: 252 Sp.Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 HP
    Modest Nature with Serene Grace Ability
    Stats: 361/116/197/317/250/212
    Moves: Aura Sphere, Roost, Air Slash, Nasty Plot

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2011
    Battle Hall

49 - Infernape @ Lucky Egg

Yes, I couldnt be nothered changing item xD

And I died to Fire Blast hax

But thats nothing unusual in Battle whatever

Years
  • Ok, well my Best win streak on Battle Tower is 144, here's my team:

Starmie @Expert Belt
    Timid
    Natural Cure
    ~Ice Beam
    ~Thunder Bolt
    ~Surf
    ~Psychic/Grass Knot

My basic Sweeper that gave great coverage for me. He cleaned out the opening opponent 95% of times. Nothing else to it really, Psychic/Grass Knot being aa general option of what I senses I was losing to most.

Garchomp @Choice Band/Scarf/Life Orb/Focus Sash
    Adamant/Jolly
    Sand Veil
    ~EQ
    ~Crunch/SE
    ~Fire Fang
    ~Outrage/Outrage

Well I'm sure you all know what Garchomp is for, just basik KO'ing. His great atk/spd gives you the option of opting for either Jolly Nature or Adamant, and then whether to go for Scarf/Band/Orb. The few times Garchomp had to surface he either OHKO'd or 2HKO'd his opponent. The only trouble I ever really ran into with him another starmie, which I switched mine into and outsped it with TBolt.

Snorlax @Leftovers
    Careful
    Thick Fat
    ~Body Slam
    ~Curse
    ~Rest
    ~Sleep Talk

Not much to it, whenevr I needed cover in came snorlax, let rip a few curses then off to bed he went. quite a few of his Sleep Talks landed critical hits, serving me very well, to my luck. Nothing much brought him under threat, apart from a stray Hitmonlee that I forgot to switch out from. Dib't matter tho, as My Garchomp finished it off.

My team fell against a Focus Sash Weavile, yes, all to a Focus Sash Weavile. Out first came Garchomp form their side, and Garchomp from my side. I had my adamant one and his was Jolly, thus outspeeding me. Luckily I had my Focus Sash on mine so I lashed back with Outrage after, OHKO'ing it. Next, out came a big smelly Weavile, and at this point I knew I was in trouble. I switched in Starmie, the the Weavile landed a Night Slash on it FTW??? A night Slash form an apposed Garchomp that switched out in the last minute... it was going to Night Slash my Garchomp FTW??? None the less Starmie fell, but considering it tried to NightSlash my chompy, I decided to send it back in again. To my ever surprise, this time it Ice Punched me to the groud and down goes Garchomp, now I have my Snorlax. I tried to curse, but before I could Weavile landed a Brick Break on me, leaving me with a fraction of my health left. Once my curse went up I thought it might change, but in came another Critical Brick Brak and down came my team. What an epic failure of a good game...

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2017
    I kinda like this thread so I have to tell you my Battle Frontier records.

First, my Battle Hall record is 146 with one of my best Pokemon.

Aquarius-Vaporeon
    Nature: Calm
    Held Item: Leftovers
    Surf
    Wish
    Toxic
    Protect

My Pokemon lost to a Double Teaming Medicham with Force Palm. I just can't handle the punishment there is to her.

My Double Battle Tower record is 53 at the moment. I've used the Rain Raiders team.

Magneto-Electrode
    Nature: Hasty
    Held Item: Focus Sash
    Thunder
    Rain Dance
    Taunt
    Explosion

Gex-Toxicroak
    Nature: Jolly
    Held Item: BlackSludge
    Fake Out
    Cross Chop
    Sucker Punch
    Protect

Ludicolo
    Nature: Modest
    Held Item: Expert Belt
    Hydro Pump
    Ice Beam
    Grass Knot
    Protect

Atlantis-Kingdra
    Nature: Lonely
    Held Item: Life Orb
    Waterfall
    Rain Dance
    Hydro Pump
    Draco Meteor

The team lost to a Tentacruel that has Toxic, Confuse Ray and Attract. I've should have Taunted it in the first place.And the Double Teaming Weavile was a problem as well. Darn hax!

Keep in touch, more records coming soon.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back