• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokémon Trainer Association

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Thank you, Ozzy, for the note! I've updated the rules section in the OP to inform any new members and current members alike, so let's all use this thread to share our training prowess, as this is the purpose of the club ^_^

Sophie, congrats on beating B2, and good luck with Emerald! I can't remember where I trained when I played Emerald, but maybe having rematches on the Pokenav would help out? You get more EXP in trainer battles anyway, and there are lists of the available Trainers and their teams' levels on the net, I think I have one bookmarked, if you need it.

Thank you MIAU! I've never thought about the Pokenav actually, my sister just suggested flying to Mt. Pyre and train on the wild Shuppet there. I'll definitely try what you suggested though after I find the page with all of the trainers you can rematch. I kind of need a high-leveled team for this fight despite promising myself to stop grinding so much. I get wrecked by them otherwise. But I'll definitely try what you suggested. Thanks for the advice. :D

Anyway good job to everyone else, I love the progress you're all making so far! Also on a side note, you can beat Steven with Level 45s probably, if you had a really well-trained team. Any team can beat any trainer as long as there's strategy behind it. I managed Red with Level 50s, woo go me! Was a tough fight but easily worth not training up. :p

Name

Moémon Master
Years
I met Roxie today, she trains poison type 'mon.
This gym shouldn't be too hard because I use Ralts as one of my primaries...

Name

Moémon Master
Years
I charged mindlessly towards Roxie earlier!
Bam pow! She knocked out Kirlia with a quick dark move.
Oh yeah, ralts evolved today!
The rest of my team stood no chance against her, and she mopped the floor with us!
I'm going to try again later after training some more!

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Time for a quick update on my Water team! Me and Carlito the Carvanha woke up early in the morning and did some EV training swimming in the river that flowes on Route 11. Quite a sweet spot to rack in those Speed points, with the only Pokemon there being Basculin (+2), and Buizel (+1), and it's also very close to the Opelucid City gate, making it easy to go back and forth to the Pokecenter for a quick heal. This time I had another hidden goal besides EV training: I needed a DeepSeaTooth to try out a crazy strategy with my Clamperl, hehe. I had Carlito use Thief on the wild Basculin, who have a 5% chance of holding it. I was finally able to find one, but sadly I had to do most of the training without a Power item. Next we'll be training my DW Clamperl, Sidef (pronounced see-deaf, it means "nacre"), and hit the Battle Institute in Nimbasa for a test run!

On another note, a few days ago Super Training was revealed. It seems like a new way to train through mini-games instead of battling, and it also seems to feature a way to see your Pokemon effort values. Here's the Super Training page on the official Pokemon site, what do you think, yay or nay?

Name

Moémon Master
Years
I challeneged and beat Roxie a couple days ago!
I really really liked her music, and I hope I can listen to more at some point . . .
Recently. . .
Oshawott evolved into Dewott
Bidoof evolved into Bibarel
Ralts evolved into Kirlia
Mareep evolved into Flaafy.
Bagon is till her usual self, and so is the newest member of the team . . Tailow!

As for super training,
I am REALLY looking forward to it! I've always enjoyed it when I can interact with my 'mon in new ways.
Being able to have a more fine tuned control over effort values is also pretty cool in my book.

BurningLanguages

Student Linguist
Years
As for myself my Meowth is almost fully trained as far as EVs go, which makes me excited :). We should be able to trade with Diamond/Pearl versions with X and Y right?

However I am having a hard time finding Dunsparce :(

Dark Shadow 6

Friends Till The End
Years
As for myself my Meowth is almost fully trained as far as EVs go, which makes me excited :). We should be able to trade with Diamond/Pearl versions with X and Y right?

However I am having a hard time finding Dunsparce :(

I Don't Think So

Now Im Training My Infernape In Daimond To Beat E4 And Champion :)

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
I'll be going on vacation tomorrow, so I'll be taking a break from EV training for the E4 match and probably breed and evolve a few Pokemon for my Pokedex. Who knows, maybe I'll run into some pleasant surprises!

In other news, I made a few banners to promote the club, feel free to use any of these if you'd like, code is in spoilers for each one ^_^
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Name

Moémon Master
Years
Alright!
My current team is:
Elekid
Dewott
Boldore
Skarmory
Gardevoir
Shellgon

I've got two experience shares, i'm letting Skarmory and Shellgon hold onto those.
A lucky egg is being held by elekid, who's also the lead member.
Gardevoir is holding the Amulet Coin, and now we're rolling in dough.
Dewott has leftovers.
Boldore is currently without an item though.

We beat Burgh recently, took a couple of tries to actually bring him down!

And now we're in Nimbasa City, we already challenged the subway kings.
I am soooooo jealous of the Eelektross and Chaldelure they had, I soooo want those on my team.

BurningLanguages

Student Linguist
Years
I love the userbars!! I've been waiting for them to come! As you guys can see I have changed my team a little so I no longer have ditto. That was a hard decision to make.

Right now I will evolve my meowth into a Persian here really soon, I love cats! :P

Name

Moémon Master
Years
I'm actually partial to Meowth over Persian because of the pickup ability, which it loses when it evolves.

BurningLanguages

Student Linguist
Years
I'm actually partial to Meowth over Persian because of the pickup ability, which it loses when it evolves.

Interesting preference! I like Limber much better because Persian can't get paralyzed(which comes from Meowth's pickup ability), which is important in my team since they have been developed to cause major status effects.

Name

Moémon Master
Years
Meowth + Pickup + Pay Day + Amulet Coin = Rolling in dough!

Also
Yes Yes Yes! Just caught a tynamo and lucky for me it's female!

Last edited:

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Username: [user]chuckleslucifer[/user]
Your Goals: To become a great pokemon breeder, and fill out every pokedex :D

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
I'm glad you guys like our banners! I added them to the first post, and realized one has a white background, I'll have to update it later, hehe. I also remove the center tags from the code, so that it won't take that much from your signatures heights, you can update your signatures if that's the case :)

I never really cared that much about the money, I managed to rack in plenty just by battling Trainers, so I'd say Meowth would work well early in the game, and later it would be worth evolving her into Persian.

Username: [user]chuckleslucifer[/user]
Your Goals: To become a great pokemon breeder, and fill out every pokedex :D

Welcome, hope you have a nice time here with us! What game(s) are you playing and how's your 'dex coming along?

[EDIT]
Almost forgot to update on my progress! I've been on vacation to the seaside so I've also been working on my Pokedex. Bred a couple of Pokemon and level trained a few to evolve them. I did the training at the sports domes in Nimbasa. Trainer battles give more EXP points, there are many fully evolved Pokemon and there's even a Chansey, for even more EXP!

Last edited:

Name

Moémon Master
Years
Beat Elesa on my first attempt!
I've decided to just get Moomoo milk and Castelia cones to heal my 'mon, it's just the most economical way to handle it.
Also.... I hope none of my pokemon are lactose intolerant.

Back