• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokémon Trainer Association

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Narnia Can You Pm Me B2 Download Link I Wan't To Play

Sorry but I used the real game card! They aren't too hard to pick up from your local game store even if they're a tad bit expensive. They're definitely worth it though! I don't know anything about download links so I guess you'll have to browse around yourself for a legal copy. But I suggest buying one yourself! If its too expensive I'm sure there are much cheaper second-hand ones. If you don't have the console to play it on (DS/3DS), then I can't help you any further. Either way good luck on finding a copy of B2. :)

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Route 23 is on the west side of the Giant Chasm cave. You know, the one that was blocked until you go to Route 21. You need to reach the western exit, easiest way is to just go down as you enter the cave, until you hit the wall, then go west, ignore the exit there, until you hit the wall, and then up, and you should find the exit to Route 23 on the western wall :)

I'm slowly planning my Water team to go against the E4. I've started to narrow down my choices, and I should be able to start training soon, yay!

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
I've got about an hour before I have to go out, so I'm gonna fetch my console and work on my team. Here they are:

537MS.png
565MS.png
319MS.png
368MS.png
171MS.png
224MS.png

I decided to use only Pokemon that have under 500 BST, so Seismitoad is pushing it a bit, with its 499 BST, hehe. Her and Carracosta already defeated the E4 back on my White game, while the other four teammates will be brand new, so first things first, I'll grab my fishing rod and head off to catch me some Carvanha, Remoraid, Chinchou and Clamperl.

Name

Moémon Master
Years
I tried in vain to take on Cheren last night.
He was just too strong for me, I guess there's a reason he's a gym leader, right?
I'm going to try again after leveling up some.

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Heretostay, you already have a pretty balanced team. If I remember it well, I think I had some issues with the Psychic Gym in Emerald, so how about a Dark, since it would be resistant to Tate and Liza, and two members of the E4. I'm thinking Absol, maybe? If you don't feel like hunting for one, then I'd suggest going for a Magneton or Manetric, since those would be strong against Juan and Wallace.

mucus, I agree, Cheren is surprisingly strong, I didn't expect it either! I did manage to beat him on my first try, but my Pokemon only had 1 HP left in the end {XD}

Dark Shadow 6

Friends Till The End
Years
What You Think About My Team

Quick Update on Black

Rival - Black

Badges - 7

Team

Samurott LvL 56
Retaliate
Aqua Tail
Slash
Aqua Jet

Haxorus LvL 51
Dragon Claw
Shadow Claw
Aerial Ace
Slash

Bouffalant LvL 43
Mega Horn
Revenge
Head Charge
Horn Attack

Pawniard LvL 34
Metal Claw
Slash
Assurance
Faint Attack

What You Think About My Team

Last edited:

Name

Moémon Master
Years
trainer%20card.jpg

I put in for my trainer card in 1998, it took till today to finally receive it from the Pokemon League.

So I'm still out training before I face Cheren again, and I found a houndoor, which is pretty cool cuz i have a soft spot for fire pokemon.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023

Moderator Note

Guys, please remember that the idea of this club is to post about training, not about progress you're making in a game. By all means talk about your in-game progress, but make sure to talk about how you're training things during it, what progress your Pokémon are making, and how you're finding them to train. Post ideas for other trainers, tips, even ask for help on training, but please don't just post your in-game progress and nothing else because this belongs in the travel journal threads in the correct forums.

Further posts dedicated solely to in-game progress will be treated as spam and deleted as such. Sorry to be a buzzkill, but otherwise the thread will have to be closed and that's not fair for the people using it correctly.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
I tried in vain to take on Cheren last night.
He was just too strong for me, I guess there's a reason he's a gym leader, right?
I'm going to try again after leveling up some.

I've never found Cheren particularly challenging to be honest. What sort of team are you using? I generally find no matter what starter you use, he's easy as pie. However if you do want some tips on training, just go up to Flocessy Ranch and find Audinos. If you find rustling grass a pain in the butt to look for, then just keep running up and down around the grassy areas and eventually you'll hear something. They give tons of EXP. Much better than grinding on Mareeps and everything else there. Or if you don't particularly want to train, just find a Riolu. Good luck with Cheren! (also if you don't mind me asking, what level are your Pokemon in comparison to Cheren's? i.e 5 levels lower etc.)

On a side note, I've been training up in Victory Road. I'm planning to train up to Level 60 and I've been getting EXP by equipping a Lucky Egg to a particular Pokemon and then searching around for the common Banettes. I also use a bicycle because I feel that I'll find something quicker with it, rather than running up and down like a headless chicken. The only reason I really decided to train was because the trainers in Victory Road were astoundingly high-leveled and I wanted to play it safe. Its actually a pretty fast method though but then again most of my Pokemon don't require much EXP to level up so I'm not sure. And finally I've been debating or not whether I still want to use my Audino. I just don't find much use for it anymore even though it was a beast earlier on. I don't know what to replace it with though, especially this late in the game. Ideas? Anyway I'll rate defeating Banettes on Victory Road with a Lucky Egg as 7/10. Not particularly exciting but its effective and Banettes are pretty easy to kill.

Name

Moémon Master
Years
I beat Cheren today! People really weren't kidding when they said gym leader battles were hard!
All those days of training at the ranch paid off!
Ralts worked really hard for a lot of the battle, so did Bagon, Oshawott, ...Everybody did their best and it really showed! I am so proud of them!

...(also if you don't mind me asking, what level are your Pokemon in comparison to Cheren's? i.e 5 levels lower etc.)...
I'm playing Blaze Black 2 on challenge mode, Cheren has a team of 6 considerably challenging 'mon.
My levels were on par with his, maybe a level or two lower....Except meowth who's still level 4 >_<

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
I beat Cheren today! People really weren't kidding when they said gym leader battles were hard!
All those days of training at the ranch paid off!
Ralts worked really hard for a lot of the battle, so did Bagon, Oshawott, ...Everybody did their best and it really showed! I am so proud of them!

I'm playing Blaze Black 2 on challenge mode, Cheren has a team of 6 considerably challenging 'mon.
My levels were on par with his, maybe a level or two lower....Except meowth who's still level 4 >_<

Oh Blaze Black 2. No wonder it was considerably harder. Nice team though! Anyway another minor update, after training up by exploring around Victory Road and defeating all of the trainers I could see, I decided to take on the league with my team ranging from 59 to 63. Champion yeah! I found none of them that hard except for perhaps Grimsley and some of Iris's Pokemon but I just did the good old fashioned toxic-staling and it seems to have done the job well. Anyway that's the first part of my goal completed. Next game I'll work on is probably Emerald! I'll pick up from where I left off at Mossdeep Gym with my extremely underleveled team. Tate and Liza are not the most enjoyable people to fight so I'm honestly not looking forward to them. Does anyone know any particularly good training spots around that area? Other than that I'll keep everyone updated with what sort of training I do and all that shizz. :D

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Thank you, Ozzy, for the note! I've updated the rules section in the OP to inform any new members and current members alike, so let's all use this thread to share our training prowess, as this is the purpose of the club ^_^

Sophie, congrats on beating B2, and good luck with Emerald! I can't remember where I trained when I played Emerald, but maybe having rematches on the Pokenav would help out? You get more EXP in trainer battles anyway, and there are lists of the available Trainers and their teams' levels on the net, I think I have one bookmarked, if you need it.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
UPDATE on Emerald:

I grinded for what seemed like hours (:P) until all of my pokemon were level 40, and then challenged the Psychic gym leaders. I won, with Claydol being the last one to fall, and Oran the Sceptile being the only one to make it out. I then assisted Steven with clearing Team Magma out of the Space Center as Mossdeep, earning the HM Dive. After that I made my way to the Aqua Hideout and defeated Archie. Not too long after I reached Sootopolis, and managed to awaken Rayquaza at the Sky Pillar. Then I challenged Juan, the Sootopolis gym leader, and beat him in one run through, after I purposely engaged all of the gym trainers. I then saved the game.

Back