• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Event] The PokeCommunity Game-Along III: The Gaming

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
  • I did finish my game for June! It was down to the wire and possibly just a tad after midnight last night, but I'm counting it lmao. It was good game, although a bit weak on the puzzles side as I'd remembered. But thankfully I can get my puzzles fix this month instead. :P

I'm gonna play 7 Billion Humans for July!

Years
  • I'll be playing Catherine, which people assure me isn't as sketchy as it looks, for July. I'll be sure to let you know if I was bullshitted or not.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Picks Twilight Princess Picross from My Nintendo for this month. Downloaded it for free years ago. Did not get into it then. Gained a bit more appreciation for Picross after poking around in Pokemon Picross.

Does not look too long. May or may not finish, though, due to disinterest, difficulty, or time. Will see.

Last edited:

Cherrim

Years
  • All done! I got stuck on the second last level for like a whole week but finally managed to sit down tonight and puzzle out a (very slow and very long) solution. The last level was easy in comparison, so now I am all done!

I did at least one challenge for more than half the levels too, so I'm pretty content with this. The game definitely made me miss programming though.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Finished Twilight Princess Picross. Helped to use its hint features.

Knocks the game a bit on one thing. Offers 45 normal puzzles, 45 puzzles with combinations of two lines, and one large puzzle comprised of many smaller ones. Reused the images between the normal and line combination ones. Remembered a few puzzles halfway through (for what little good that did). Felt a bit like beating the game twice. Paid nothing for the game, at least.

Years
  • August - Roll the Dice

No, we're not playing Monopoly. It's RNG month, wheeeee!

There's no theme for August. Instead we're letting fate decide what games we play. Drop a list of four games you're interested in playing for August in this thread. Then, I will run them through an RNG and reply to you with which of the four you'll be playing. Let the fun begin.

Years
  • Cool, I was waiting for this one to return. I picked 3 out of 4 games on Switch, since I currently have nothing to play on it.

1. Digimon Survive
    2. Shin Megami Tensei 3 Nocturne HD
    3. Someday You'll Return
    4. Pokémon Shield

Cherrim

Years
  • Ooooh, perfect. I wanna play a Tales but was waffling on which one.

1. Tales of Hearts
    2. Tales of the Tempest
    3. Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 2
    4. Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 2

Years
  • Cool, I was waiting for this one to return. I picked 3 out of 4 games on Switch, since I currently have nothing to play on it.

1. Digimon Survive
    2. Shin Megami Tensei 3 Nocturne HD
    3. Someday You'll Return
    4. Pokémon Shield

Someday You'll Return

Ooooh, perfect. I wanna play a Tales but was waffling on which one.

1. Tales of Hearts
    2. Tales of the Tempest
    3. Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 2
    4. Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 2

Tales of Hearts for you

pkmin3033

Why not. Oh great and powerful RNG, choose my next PS4/5 game!

1. BioShock 2
    2. Darksiders Genesis
    3. Stray
    4. Sword and Fairy: Together Forever

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Three Game Boy Color games and one Switch game.

1. Dragon Warrior Monsters
    2. Pokemon Trading Card Game
    3. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
    4. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX

Years
  • Finished Someday You'll Return. It was so-so. Amazing visuals and map design, boring story and stealth mechanics. I don't think I'll someday return to this game.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Won the Starry Night Tournament in Dragon Warrior Monsters. Wrote a game journal post.

Short verdict: Okay, but not eager for a replay. Liked some of the breeding mechanics. Messed up and might have made worse monsters without a way to get the old ones back, however. Became quite grindy.

pkmin3033

Oh, I finished Stray a couple of days ago. It was...fine. I really didn't care for the plot or the way it was delivered, nor did I like having to constantly run back and forth in glorified fetch quests showing NPCs items for hints on WTF I was supposed to be doing. But the sewers were straight-up horrifying, and the game controlled well, so I can't say I disliked it. Not the masterpiece everyone was raving about, but it's not like Kao the Kangaroo or something. Passable.

Years
  • I forgot to say but I RNGd Angels of Death our of it, Party Hard, Firewatch and Omori. Hopefully I'll actually get it done by the end of the month.

Back