• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

-[The PokeCommunity's Daily Chit Chat]-|2007 New Year's Edition|<3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emma

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2012
    My family is all spread out ;o I don't really have a big family, there are some relatives I haven't seen since I was very little XD They're all over the UK now :x

I miss my sister the most though (My older one XD) because we were really close until she moved out of the house to her boyfriend's flat. I haven't seen her since January last year, so that's a year now >.<

Savage Nymph

Better Than Yours
    Years
  • Well, I only have one cousin who's a friend but I've only met up with her once and she only visited for a week. On my dad's side I don't have any relatives and on my mom's I have two uncles and an aunt. I never have any fun with my parents and my bro's boarding in school. I'm pretty lonely, too...

Politics can be funny if you make charicatures and your dad's a cynic. Together they made a pile of stuff making fun of Bush.

I don't believe I ever tried counting my relatives... All my more familiar ones are in the Philipines and they're not familiar at all. My most familiar ones are in the US as well as all the unmentioned relatives who I never even heard of but know they exist...

Last edited:

Simplicity

~♥~
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2019
    My mum's side of the family is smaller than my dad's too. ._., It's weird. 8D

Plus, my dad had a big family so I guess it all makes sense? 8D

I don't see most of my mum's family because they live far-far away. :|

I seriously don't know how old some of my cousins are because there are so many...xD

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    I've got a whole load of cousins on my mum's side... Most of them being girls my age-ish. I don't have a lot of uncles/aunts in my mum's side though... In fact, I've only got two uncles.

On my dad's side, I've got 3 cousins, who are a lot younger than me. But I do have a lot of uncles and aunts on my dad's side... O_o

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2009
    It's rather obvious, but we have relatives everywhere! XD In fact, we're all family! XP Anyways, on my father's side I have more aunts than uncles, and on my mum's side it's the other way round. Our family is mixed boys and girls, though I think the male gender dominates. :) My unrelated relatives (whom I'm so close to, though as I said we're not related in any way) tend to have more males in the eldest suriving generation, then more females in the next generation, then more males again with the current generation (the people around my age, and the younger adolescents). :classic:

Really it's just me, my parents and my bro...I wish I had a bigger intermediate family, or at least a sister... :( Gosh, I wish I were a twin, or had siblings that were twins. Twins are just so cool! :P Actually, the twins who are not just identical, but are exactly identical (what they wear, their perception, their personality etc.), that really bothers me. I like identical twins (not too identical though) who are completely different to one another. :\ Oh, and the thrill of twins being separated from one another, and then meeting again in such dramatic ways...life is such a soap opera! :laugh:

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Eh, my father had 9 brothers and sisters, most of which live overseas, so I haven't even met them yet. Can't wait till I do one day. Fortunately though I'm pretty close with my relatives here from both sides of the family, so yeah.

And what's with being hidden while logged on? It's not like it makes a difference or anything, specially if you're posting and all.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2009
    And what's with being hidden while logged on? It's not like it makes a difference or anything, specially if you're posting and all.

Well, I'm dead for that matter! :P I just like being in the shadow, and there's nothing you can do about it! :bandit:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Invisible is good. Specially if you want to stalk people for the fun of it, or click on someones profile by accident and don't want people to see. Or some people like me, are too lazy to take it off invisible.

Years
  • I don't use invisible mode on this account; I know when I was a member I hated it when staff went invisible on me. (Maybe I'm a creepy stalker like that?) I want people to know I'm on, just in case I'm ever needed... not like that happens these days. :/ But meh, it happens.

However, my old account here uses it. I don't post in it anymore (why should I?), so it's just there. I don't see a reason why people need to know I'm on it, so I put it on invisible mode. And if I am on it for some reason, it's to have it logged on when on another domain thing.
    Ah, the days when we had to make a new account for a name change... they were so long ago, eh?

I've only really used invisible mode to hide once, and that was on another forum... but then I was too lazy to get out of it, so I keep using it on that forum. It doesn't bother me, it's not like people can tell I'm online there anyway.

Emma

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2012
    I don't think I've ever made my account invisible, I don't really see why I should XD Okay, being stalked from other people might be a good reason but, it's not like I have extremely personal stuff in my profile. =P

Sometimes when I'm bored I end up looking at everyone's profile that's online XD Not that I'm a stalker or anything D:

Last edited:

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • I don't I've ever made my account invisible, I don't really see why I should XD Okay, being stalked from other people might be a good reason but, it's not like I have extremely personal stuff in my profile. =P

Sometimes when I'm bored I end up looking at everyone's profile that's online XD Not that I'm a stalker or anything D:

Really? @@ That actually sounds pretty interesting X3;
    A lot of people just look at the "Who's Online" page~ -3- but I find that a bit boring~ I rather look at the actual posts and stuff~

And I've never made my account invisible either~ X3 I don't see a point in it either~~

Emma

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2012
    Really? @@ That actually sounds pretty interesting X3;
    A lot of people just look at the "Who's Online" page~ -3- but I find that a bit boring~ I rather look at the actual posts and stuff~

And I've never made my account invisible either~ X3 I don't see a point in it either~~

I could never look at the "Who's Online" Page for longer than 10 minutes XD; Sometimes when I look at some people's profiles I'm often dissapointed to see nothing in there, ah well. Life goes on XD

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • I could never look at the "Who's Online" Page for longer than 10 minutes XD; Sometimes when I look at some people's profiles I'm often dissapointed to see nothing in there, ah well. Life goes on XD

Yeah X3;~ I can't look at it for longer than five minutes~ I have a very short attention span when it comes to certain things~
    -3- But yeah~ Sometimes I wish there were more n00bs around so I could look at their stupid posts~~

Oh well~

*~Ashley~*

♥ Matt
    Years
  • Okay... I can explain the Who's Online thing and why Andy and I always seem to be looking at it. XD; I can't speak for everyone else that looks at it, but I know why we do it. It's because it automatically refreshes PC for us and keeps us logged in. So that's why I always have a tab open to it. It's not like I really sit and stare at the Who's Online page for hours on end or anything like that... I'm not lacking a life *that* much. XD

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • Okay... I can explain the Who's Online thing and why Andy and I always seem to be looking at it. XD; I can't speak for everyone else that looks at it, but I know why we do it. It's because it automatically refreshes PC for us and keeps us logged in. So that's why I always have a tab open to it. It's not like I really sit and stare at the Who's Online page for hours on end or anything like that... I'm not lacking a life *that* much. XD

But.. ._. If you just click "remember me" it keeps you logged in anyways.. and what's the point of automatically refreshing it if there's nothing to actually look at? ._.;;

-3-.. I don't get it..

Nell

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2009
    But.. ._. If you just click "remember me" it keeps you logged in anyways.. and what's the point of automatically refreshing it if there's nothing to actually look at? ._.;;

-3-.. I don't get it..

For example, say you were looking at a thread when Ashley clicks "Who's online".
    After a while, you do something else, right? The who's online thing will show that, the next time it refreshes.

*~Ashley~*

♥ Matt
    Years
  • But.. ._. If you just click "remember me" it keeps you logged in anyways.. and what's the point of automatically refreshing it if there's nothing to actually look at? ._.;;

-3-.. I don't get it..

No, no, I know that. But it doesn't keep you consistently logged in. It just keeps you from having to re-enter your password and stuff. It still logs you out after 15 minutes or whatever it is. By keeping a tab open, even if I get distracted for those 15 minutes on MSN or something, it keeps me logged in the whole time. And it won't go and mark threads as having been read already. Just personal preference really...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I never knew that was a good way to stay logged in, I just happen to always have a window on who's online for the fun of it, or if I'm waiting for Tali to reply to a PM, and she's taking forever. That's all...though..another coincidence..XD

Drummershuff

Ultimate Blargification
    Years
  • I only look at the Who's Online page when PC's boring and there isn't anything else to do. I'll sit staring at if for a couple of minutes then either go back to the index page or close the tab with PC in it. I'm not bothered about staying logged in all the time as half an hour later or so I'll check-up on PC again.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • Hanging around the Online list is a great way for me to not have all the forums marked as read. Like Ashley said, it's how we don't get logged out when the 10-15 min auto offline thing kicks in. Sure I use it to stalk some people *coughAshleycough* (to see if she's maybe on MSN or not XD), but I mostly use it so I can get around to all the forums before having the marked as read.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back