• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

-[The PokeCommunity's Daily Chit Chat]-|2007 New Year's Edition|<3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario Famous

Confidential...=/
Years
  • When I went to Japan to handle some business, I went to a Puffy ami Yumi concert. Lol, this was a while ago...some of my friends wanted to go to it so badly so I decided to go with them. Aside from trying translate the songs fast enough to keep up, it was actually pretty good.

Simplicity

~♥~
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2019
    I'm not into concerts, not that type of person...^_^;

I just started school today, the pain...8D The only good thing was that my friend moved up a class so now she's in my class..which take all the pain away. xD

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2009
    I'm also not a concert person. I remember going to this Pokemon event at the mall once...does that count as a concert? :P

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Pokemon doesn't count..If it did...well, they should have live Pokemon. Of which they don't. Nintendo events for Pokemon are fun anyway.

Drummershuff

Ultimate Blargification
    Years
  • I just realised I capitalised children. Uhoh.

My Dad's side is okay, by games, but when they havent got a controller stuck in their sweaty little hands, they are stupid as.
    I've never known my dad's side of the family well. My mum's side is quite small, even though she has a brother and a sister, one is which has children. We've got a few cousins in the family, but I haven't got many uncle's etc. I'm not sure if I'm really bothered though, I'm really close to the family I've got, so that's good. And then I'm really close to my aunt's family. Even though they aren't really related to me, we get on quite well~

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • I've never known my dad's side of the family well. My mum's side is quite small, even though she has a brother and a sister, one is which has children. We've got a few cousins in the family, but I haven't got many uncle's etc. I'm not sure if I'm really bothered though, I'm really close to the family I've got, so that's good. And then I'm really close to my aunt's family. Even though they aren't really related to me, we get on quite well~

o_o Yeah~ My mom's side of the family's small, too~ @@ She only has a sister and she's married and doesn't have any kids~
    ._. My dad's family is HUUUGGEEE though~~ @@; I have so many cousins..
    ._. It's too bad that I don't like most of them -3- They're really cruel to me..

._. But oh well~~ X3 We can't change that, neh?
    Puu~ o.o~

Drummershuff

Ultimate Blargification
    Years
  • I think my dad's side is pretty small, I wouldn't know though. I know his dad died a few years ago, so I wouldn't have a granddad there either, heh. And I know he's got a sister with... maybe a child. That's all I really know about his side.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • My family is huge on both of my parents' sides. Between them, my parents had sixteen brothers and sisters, although three have died in the past few years. And I've lost count of the number of cousins I have, a rough guess would be in the thirty-fourty region.

My family is quite old fashioned in that way, in the need to have a large family. As most aunts and uncles have three or four kids, even in my family there are four. And because of how I was brought up, I want a pretty big family too, with three or four kids.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    My grandparents had a lot of kids, on both sides, it's like they used that bed for everything but actual sleep. My aunts and uncle don't have that many kids, maybe two or three, but I have like 20 aunts and uncles, so it still adds up to be a pretty big family. I've got 50 or so cousins in total, of which I've probably only ever met 20ish, if that.

Sorano

幸福☆
    Years
  • My family is pretty small, I think. :x A lot of my family members live in England, so I've never met them before. I only personally know 9 cousins, 5 aunts {one is in England}, 3 uncles, my Grandpa and Grandma, my Nana and Papa, my great-grandmother, and my parents and brother. I consider that small. XD; And out of those I only see one aunt and uncle, Grandpa, Nana and Papa, 4 cousins and my parents and brother frequently. The others are either dead or don't get along well with my other family members.

*~Ashley~*

♥ Matt
    Years
  • My mom's side of the family is Italian, so it's huge. She only has one sister with two sons, so our close family isn't big. But my grandmother has two brothers and a sister, and each of them has at least three children. She was the only one that only had two. And at family events, EVERYONE is invited, so it's a lot of people. And all of my mom's cousins have at least two kids each. My cousin and I are the oldest, then there's my cousin and my sister... and almost everyone else is under the age of eight. ><;;

My dad's side is smaller, but I have more cousins. He has a sister and two brothers. And all of them have children. I have *counts* six cousins and two half cousins on that side of the family. And one of my cousins has two kids now. The only one younger than me (other than those two babies) on this side of the family is my sister...

My family isn't *that* big though. I don't see most of them often anyway. Usually just for Christmas or other special events. I see my mom's family more often though, since they are Italian, after all. And then there's the random people related to me that live in either Italy or Australia, but I obviously never see them. XD;

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • And at family events, EVERYONE is invited, so it's a lot of people.
    That's one of the reasons why I love how big my family is. Milestone birthday/anniversary parties, engagements, wedding receptions have always been huge. We have to rent out a pub or social club for the evening just to fit everybody in. For one celebration, we'll have upwards of one hundred people there consisting of relatives, partners of relatives and their friends too.

Also, the majority of my cousins are roughly my age or older. I am one of the youngest of the cousins, but 80% of us range between 15-25 years old now. So it was always fun growing up with them, being how we're of similar ages.

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
  • My family is incredibly small. My dad's side of the family is a lot larger than my mom's side, but still not as big as a lot of families. I think I have something like a total of 6 cousins, only 4 of which I see regularly.

*~Ashley~*

♥ Matt
    Years
  • That's one of the reasons why I love how big my family is. Milestone birthday/anniversary parties, engagements, wedding receptions have always been huge. We have to rent out a pub or social club for the evening just to fit everybody in. For one celebration, we'll have upwards of one hundred people there consisting of relatives, partners of relatives and their friends too.

Also, the majority of my cousins are roughly my age or older. I am one of the youngest of the cousins, but 80% of us range between 15-25 years old now. So it was always fun growing up with them, being how we're of similar ages.

I hate it, actually. I hate having all these really annoying people that I don't really know or like coming to everything. Just to be nice, I've always been forced to go and hug everyone and say hi to them, even when I don't even know who they are, and it's annoying. <<;

My mom's side sucks because it's mostly little kids. It's my cousin Craig and I who are both 18, then my cousin Justin is 16. My sister's only 13. The four of us are really, really close though. And then most everyone else I either can't stand or they're under the age of eight...

And then on my dad's side, I'm one of the youngest. I always feel awkward around them because I'm so much younger than they are. The next youngest other than my sister and me is one of my cousins who is 20, I believe. Everyone else is in their mid-upper 20s.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • Well, I'm just glad that I like the majority of my family, then. XD Seriously, most of us share similar interests and just generally have similar personalities. Like, there have been times when a bunch of my cousins, uncles, brothers and I have all gone to the park with a football (soccer ball) and just played for hours, then we just sat around on the grass telling jokes and funny stories. And I've always enjoyed those times.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    My family never gets together to spend time. Aside from after bowling where I see my Dad's side uggh, My mum's I never see. Though this weekend we are going to my aunties 50th? Birthday party. Which I can guarantee we'll all be talking..

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    On my Dad's side I have around 20 something aunts and uncles but they live mainly in Libya and Egypt. My Mom's family however is very small, I have two aunts and uncle I've met once and that was last year. The rest of my mom's family lives in Norway, I'm going there next summer to meet my other cousins and whatnot XD

I only see my mom's side and that's on holiday's-but everyone is either really old or really young T-T Only one person is my age and we don't speak D=.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2009
    I know family who have been friends with my family for years, and I'm really close to them, though we aren't related in anyway. However, I like to refer to them as my relatives sometimes... :) I'm closer to them my real relatives could ever be - I don't know my relatives much, and besides most of them don't know me. My father's side lives near where live, and as for my mother's side there's hardly any living in Australia, and most have remained back in Laos. I would say my father's family is way bigger than my mum's. I think one of my paternal great-grandfather had several wives, which may clarify a few things. :\ From what I think my dad's side aren't too smart or bright, while my mum's side are more educated (though living in a developing country) and kind. Actually, one of my mum's brother doesn't keep in contact with anyone, and is rather self-caring, while my other uncles are never giving up trying to contact to him. For me, I just want to get away from them and just be with those who support, though aren't real family. It's always does not related to you that are good, right? That's how I see. I do contact one of my maternal uncle though... Most of my (paternal) relatives that I know are either little toddlers, or young (unsuccessful) adults. They know lots of other families, so I find it confusing of who's related to me or not (but I don't care). It's arkward to go to one of their gatherings, because no-one's gonna know me, and vice versa...

Last edited:

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
  • Well, I'm just glad that I like the majority of my family, then. XD Seriously, most of us share similar interests and just generally have similar personalities. Like, there have been times when a bunch of my cousins, uncles, brothers and I have all gone to the park with a football (soccer ball) and just played for hours, then we just sat around on the grass telling jokes and funny stories. And I've always enjoyed those times.

I only see my dad's side of the family once a year, probably less often...

And we see my mom's quite often, as they live in Hamilton, which is only a half hour's drive northeast of where i live. Thing is, in sports, my family is just different. My grandfather watches golf and soccer. My uncles watch football, baseball and nascar, my brother watches hockey and me n ma dad watch basketball. I also play basketball, my bro used to be good, but he got bored of it, so i own him now, and he's 7 years older then me, tsk, i'm quite dissapointed in him, lol. Not really, cuz he smokes, and his shot is just horrid now. And whenever we get together, guess what they talk about.... POLITICS! GAWD!! SOOO BORING!

Anyways, rant over, sorry all. ^.^

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back