• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokemon League (battle only RPG)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kogenta

Lost Realist
Years
  • [OOC: Er . . . I feel rather . . . behind in this roleplay.]

Rian limped into the Pokemon League Tower, an Absol--light in structure and smaller than a normal Pokemon of its breed--being carried in his arms. At his side were five battle-worn, though well cared-for Pokeballs as well as a sparking, broken Pokeball--evidently Absol's. The trainer's breath was measured by practice, but heavy with exhaustion. His Pokemon's breath, however, carried no restraint. Every breath seemed strained and painful. Forcing himself to stay upright, Rian strode into the Pokemon League Tower.

Glancing about, Rian scarcely prevented himself from flinching as he felt the dried blood on both his face and neck crack. These trainers here . . . looks like we're late. The male turned his eyes toward the Absol he held. But you made it. And you should be fine now. Attempting to ignore the agony that shocked his body with each heavy step, Rian made his way toward the counter. He did not desire to interrupt Nurse Joy in her current duties, but . . .

"Nurse Joy, do you think you have time to serve one more?" The nurse turned with a smile, only to have an expression of sudden horror cross her face.

"What happened?!" she exclaimed, rushing about the counter to the worn trainer.

"It's . . . " He paused as he averted his gaze. "It's a long story."

"Well, we'll need to take care of that Pokemon right away!" Nurse Joy clapped her hands, summoning two Chansey with a stretcher. Carefully, Rian lay Absol on the clean, white sheets. Covered with dirt and wounds as it struggled for breath, with red staining its pale fur from beneath the temporary bandages, Absol seemed a pitiable, yet fearsome sight.

As Nurse Joy turned toward Rian, he forestalled her words with his own. His voice dull and flat, he said, "I know, as a trainer, it's my job not to let things like this happen to my Pokemon." The trainer's limp again became evident as he turned away. His voice falling to a tone slightly above a whisper, Rian finished, "Sorry . . . "

Slowly the male made his way toward the Tower entrance, remaining upright by his pride and will only. "Get back here!" Nurse Joy commanded. "You need treatment, too!"

Waving his hand in a noncholant manner, Rian seemed to brush aside the nurse's concerned words. Then, stumbling out the front doors, Rian's gaze shifted about. Seeing an isolated area--a thick grove of trees through which others could not see--the male dragged himself toward it. Then, deeming himself safe, he suddenly collapsed.

Last edited:
    Years
  • ooc: I like your post Kogenta.

I stared at Skippey becoming aware that he was not moving up. I walked over to him. He was still as a statue. I turned around with my back to him, ready to run to the Pokemon Center counter. Just as I was beginning to move in that direction I fell to the floor, a ton of wieght on top of me. A familiar licking at the back of my neck.
    " SKIPPEY!!! YOU ABOUT GAVE ME A HEART ATTACK!!!! " I roared. I rolled out from under his extreme wieght and pushed him off me.

obelisk-kun

GO HINATA KICK NEJI'S ASS!!!!!
    Years
  • ooc would'nt the battles take to long if it is the same type against itself
    ic i was looking around when are the battles going to start i am getting bored anybody know anybody at all i said.then walked into a coliseum "this is were i'll be battling perfect place for my strategy" i thought.

Al Duit

Pokemon Friend
    Years
  • OOC: Yes, Kogenta, your RP is always excellent :)

I probably wont' be able to post until around 6 or 7 tomorrow night. I hope not too much happens by then :p

IC: I walk over to each of the incubators and look at each of my pokemon, remembering all the training we did together. "They sure don't look sick," I whisper quietly to myself.

My eyelids suddenly feel like lead weights, and I'm so tired I barely make it to the cot. I drop my backpack on the floor and collapse onto the cot.

Baker's Bulbasaur

Pokemon Bard
    Years
  • OOC: well Al Duit when I call the battles ill make sure yours isn't until you are back. oh and incase some of you get confused, ive decided to swith from 3rd to 1st person, and pokedede, the battles will take as long as necccary, the main thing about this is that it is not directly assosiated with the GB versions, its more like the TV episodes.

IC: I sat still on my bed, still a bot shakey from the daydream I had just had. I stood up and wlked over to my window, I pulled back the curtains and opened it, the cool wind blew threw it instantly making the curtains sway with the breeze, I wondered to myself
    Last time, my pokemon went throagh so much for me, Really....im asking alot of them to go throagh all this again, but I know that deep down they they have somkething to prove just as much as I do
    I closed my eyes and took a good long breath, I knew I had to stop thinking negative, but I was conserned for my pokemon, I opened my eyes again and stared down at the main grounds, Trainers were everywhere, playing with pokemon, training pokemon, or just relaxing in the hot sun. I envied them, it was all of there 1st time in the pokemon league, and they were nieve, they still did not know the stress it causes you and your pokemon, and they have not felt the bitter taste of defeat.

still....
    I thought to myself

One thing is guarnteed from entering the pokemon league.....you are bound to have you passion for pokemon grow larger then you ever thought it could

and with that he picked up hi belt with his pokeballs on it and walked back downstairs to start some training.

Yami's Girl

PC's unofficial Yami lover^^
    Years
  • I slapped my head as Jason's pokemon knocked him over. "I'm ready anytime you are," I said with a hint of annoyance. "Go Rage!" A ear splitting roar fillied the air. A large object emerged from my pokeball. A green creature. I saw the look on Jason's face. "Yep," I said. "Rage is a Tyranitar." Rage roared again. "Well I guess the name describes it all but he gets into Rage alot."
    I looked at Jason. "Ready?"

mizu-dragon

Head of the Strategist League
    Years
  • ::shnapple i've got to get on more often::

I got up, recalling the majority of my Pok?mon, and walked outside with Blissey to do a little training. We slowly made our way around the building twice, but then someone approached me.
    "Want to battle?" the boy asked.
    "Why not?" I returned.
    The boy took out a Pok?ball and released a beautiful Dragonair. "My Dragonair versus... your Blissey?"
    I nodded and he smiled in a contempted sort of way. If you're one of those who thinks pink Pok?mon are puny, I'll show you power! I thought. Hmmm... that's a good line...
    "Ok, Blissey, step up and Sing!"
    Blissey opened her mouth and sang sweetly as I put my fingers in my ears. Unlike Jigglypuff, Blissey was aware that the song was actually supposed to put things to sleep, and her notes flew softly through the air. The Dragonair held fast, doing its best to stay awake.
    "Dragonair, Dragonbreath!"
    The blue dragon opened its mouth, inhaled, and blasted away within a split second. Blissey held its ground and continued its song, though it was ruffled somewhat by the attack.
    Dragonair's eyelids drooped as Blissey's song grew softer. It began to nod off, jerking awake but continuously falling right asleep again.
    "Ok, Blissey, now use Thunderbolt!"
    The big pink Pok?mon sent a shockwave through the slender Dragonair, giving it a rude shock. Despite that, the Dragonair flopped onto the ground and snoozed away.
    "DRAGONAIR! WAKE UP!" yelled its trainer. A couple people walking by turned and stared.
    "Use Thunderbolt again!"
    Once more an electric current was sent through the Dragonair, but this time it jerked awake, only to find itself striken with paralysis.
    "Dragonair, slam Blissey with Iron Tail!
    "Return what is given! Iron Tail as well!"
    The Dragonair's attack struck that of Blissey and the two pushed like wrestlers for the single strike. Dragonair was advancing rapidly; it looked bad for Blissey. I bided my time, recalling this from before... only a certain second would bring victory...
    "NOW!"
    Blissey heaved all her weight into the push and surprised the Dragonair, slamming it hard with Iron Tail. The dragon screamed as it flew backwards. It got up, but was very shaky.
    "C'mon, Dragonair, you can do it!"
    "Softboiled!" Blissey's obedience earned her a healing.
    "Dragonair, Ice Beam!"
    "Blissey, one more Thunderbolt!"
    Again the attacks struck each other, and this time ice shattered into a million minescule pieces as the Dragonair lost the battle.
    "Return, Dragonair..."
    I patted Blissey on the back. "Great job! Let's go back inside now, okay?"
    We went.

Baker's Bulbasaur

Pokemon Bard
    Years
  • Baker began to run down the stairs at a fast speed, he was eager to get a battle started or something, just as he reached the bottom, one of his pokeballs opened by itself and flash of light appeared, usually when a pokemon was released the flash of light wasa white, however this one was dark black, the reason for this is that the pokemon that had decided to relese itseld was the comical ghost pokemon
    ''Hau hau hau haun ter''

I laughed at Haunter as it bagan pulling many different facial expressions and juggleing his own eyes, Me and my pokemon have a very special connection so haunter could tell I was feeling a bit low, so it had obviously decided to try and cheer me up....and it was working!
    ''HAHAHA, I guess you fancy a battle het haunter?''

It laughed and nodded
    ''Haun ter''

Come one then, lets find our first victim of the night!
    and we sped off outside.

mizu-dragon

Years
  • Emerging from the building again after Blissey had rested, I walked outside again. The air was turning somewhat cooler as the day began to grow later. I found myself under a shady tree, staring up at the sky, thinking of more things than the average person could handle at once. Thinking of love... and Pok?mon... battles, friendships, my past experiences... thinking mostly of those years when I made the transition from pain to happiness... my mind drifted with the clouds.
    Snapping back, I looked around. Moonbeam had come out of her ball for fresh air and was sitting quietly nearby. Many trainers were scattered about the grounds of this place, some obviously newer to this whole thing than others... none of them actually looked challenge-worthy...
    Then a trainer with his Haunter caught my eye. He had experience in his step and understanding in his voice as he and his Pok?mon roamed about. I looked at him carefully... yes, he had been here before. As had I.
    I got up and motioned for Moonbeam to follow. Walking towards the trainer, I glanced around nonchalantly until I was close.
    "Hey there, you look experienced. Want to try your luck against me?" Moonbeam and I shared the same confidence - but not cockiness - as we waited for our answer.

Years
  • I nodded and Pushed Skippey forward.
    Looking around I said, " Getting darker, its cool to have pokemon battles when it gets dark! "
    Deciding to start the battle off I thought about which attack to use against a Tyranitar. Finally I said, " Skippey, use Fire Spin! "

Baker's Bulbasaur

Pokemon Bard
    Years
  • as I ws staring around the grounds looking for what I wondered may be the most experienced tariner, a youg trainer with a blissey walked up to me, smiled and offerd a battle challenge.

I looked at her with a curious look
    Where have I seen her before

but I merely smiled back
    ''You bet!''

''2 on 2 alright?''
    I asked her

mizu-dragon

Years
  • ::Blissey's in her ball::

"Good on me," I replied, pleased that he would accept my challenge, and pleased that his voice betrayed a hint of recognition. I reached for another Pok?ball, and released Terra.
    "You ready to go?"
    Terra and Moonbeam stood ready, Fighting, Fire, and Dark, to unleash their power. I awaited his choice so I could execute my battle cry.

Sunflorazumarill

Look, it's Sunflorazumarill!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2012
    Sorry I haven't posted here yet, but I was busy with other things.Sorry if it's short, but I think I joined here on impulse. Teal blue will indicate my lines.

Vanessa was looking around the place, having just made it there.

"Well, looks like it's time to show everyone what I'm made of!"

She went over to register.

"So will you be registering your Pok?mon now?" asked the attendant.

"Yes I will."

Al Duit

Pokemon Friend
    Years
  • Vena and I are walking in total darkness down a long corridor. How "I know it's a corridor, I don't know...I just know. We can only see each other. How we can see each other isn't even questioned for some reason. "Ven!" "Ven!" "Ven!" "Ven!" "Ven!" "Ven!" Ven's voice echoes down the corridor, fading away. I turn to look at Ven and panick as I see her growing smaller and smaller, and floating further and further away from me. I run after Ven, but, no matter how fast my legs move, I stay still! "VEN!" I yell.

I awake to someone yelling, then realize it's me calling out the name of my first pokemon. I quickly sit up, eyes wide-eyed and look around in a moment of panic. I'm fiercely sweating. I see Nurse Joy standing beside Ven's incubator, looking at me with concern.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to wake you." She said softly.

I shake my head, as much to clear it than to reasure her. "You didn't. I, um, had a nightmare." I felt so vulnerable and embarrassed.

She came over and gently pressed her hand against my head. She nodded. "They'll be fine." She pats me on the shoulder. "You obviously take good care of them." She smiles.

I blink. "What time is it?" I ask rather groggily.

"One o' clock."

"So, I've been asleep about 5 hours." I rub my eyes. It had been about three in the afternoon when I first handed Nurse Joy my pokeballs, and about six when I'd fallen asleep.

"Actually, dear, it's 1PM. You've slept the morning away. That's why I've come to check on you."

I hop out of bed, surprised. "Um, I forgot to ask...if my pokemon have had that Yasun's disease for a couple months, could they have spread it to other pokemon?" I sure hoped not!

Nurse Joy shook her head. "It was really good timing, really, that you came when you did. They aren't contagious during the incubation period. Only when the first symptoms appear is when they start to become contagious. Since the symptoms appeared while I was treating them, and Dr. Keith and I administered the anti-biotics right away, they didn't spread it to any other pokemon."

I sighed in relief. Suddenly I become embarrassingly aware of how grimey I am, and the need to relieve myself. "Um, do you think I can get cleaned up somewhere?"

"Through that door."

I excuse myself as I gather some travel necessities from my backpack and go through the door Nurse Joy indicated. As I shut the door behind me, I think that perhaps I'm not the first trainer for which they've had to make such arrangements. "Of course not, silly." I say to myself.

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
  • [OOC: ^-^ Thank you for the compliments, Gohan and Al Duit.]

Rian's eyes flickered open as a faint breeze brushed a few strands of his hair across his features. For a long moment the trainer remained still, blatant exhaustion heavily weighing his limbs. Then, hearing a number of voices near his location, the male forced himself into a sit. Stiffening as a shock of pain struck him, Rian's right hand swiftly clasped his injured left forearm. For a long moment the trainer was still as he attempted to recall the recent events.

Then in the cave . . . that's right. And when I made it out, I came here. But after that, I don't remember much. Rian's eyes widened. Absol! The male suddenly stood, only to fall to his knees in agony. Placing a hand against his head, he murmured, "I have to . . . see Absol." Lowering his hand, Rian stared silently at the flecks of dried blood that had fallen from his face to his palm. The way I am right now, I'd probably draw too much attention . . . But, there's not much I can do about that.

Reaching into the pouch at his side, Rian began to search for any item that might be of use. Removing a torn, slightly dusty cloth, the male split it into three strips. Binding one strip about his left forearm, he bit a loose end and pulled the bandage tight. Then, adding a second cloth to the stained bandage already about his leg, Rian then began an attempt to clean the wound on his head. Once he found himself to be mildly presentable, the trainer slowly stood. After carefully testing his bound limbs, he limped from the clearing, his eyes focused and head held with a wolf-like poise. Making his way toward the Pokemon center, Rian paused as he noticed several trainers preparing for battle.

I haven't seen a battle between trainers of League caliber . . . not recently. Leaning slightly on the tree beside him, Rian found himself lingering as he watched the trainers prepare for battle.

Al Duit

Pokemon Friend
    Years
  • After I finish my shower and dry off, I realize I left my clean change of clothes in my backpack. I peak out the door and see no one there, so I quickly run to my backpack and put on my clothes. Then I go pick up my dirty garb, put them in a plastic bag, then in my backpack. I'll wash them later, I think to myself.

Now I check on my pokemon. It's been almost 24 hours since I found out about the virus. Ven's awake and is looking at me questioningly. "Hi there, Ven? Feeling better?" I ask as I walk over to his incubator. I see something that looks like gloves in the side of the glass...I guess it's how you can touch the pokemon without opening the incubator, so I put my hands through it and pet Ven on the head. He rubs up against my hand, "Ven ven, venas venasaur!"

"Yeah, I know you want out, but, we've gotta wait until Nurse Joy or Dr. Keith says you can get out." I pet Ven one last moment before checking on the others.

"Hey, Gong," I greet my dragonair. Then Bruce, my Crobat; Pebbles, my graveler; Boomer, my magnemite; and Luvie, my Vulpix. They all look great and raring to go.

I smile and say, "I'll go talk to Nurse Joy, and see when you all can be released from those." I wave as I go out the door and into the hallway. I pause outside the door. Now, which way did we come? Oh, yeah, this way.

I walk back to the Pokecenter mainroom and spot Nurse Joy. She smiles when she sees me, "You look much better now." She says with a hint of amusement in her voice.

I laugh, "You'd look the worse for wear too after going through those cave tunnels!" I get serious and ask when my pokemon can be released from the incubators.

"In about an hour, dear. Why don't you go get breakfast? Or, brunch rather."

I nod as my stomach rumbles. Hey, I'm still a growing girl ;) I head over to the commisary where I'd had my fill the day before, and ask if they're still serving breakfast food. A few minutes later, I'm sitting at a table eating a delicious 3-egg omelet w/ mushrooms, red bell peppers, onions, canadian bacon and cheese, some hashbrowns, and a nice tall glass of chocolate milk.

After I'm done, I go stock up on some supplies and head back to the pokecenter. Nurse Joy hands me back my pokeballs w/ my pokemon who are now certified to have a clean bill of health. "Thank you, Nurse Joy."

Now that that's over, I go check them in for the battles.

Baker's Bulbasaur

Pokemon Bard
    Years
  • OOC - baby Azurill, I meant a 2 on two as in one pokemo faints and then we bring out another, not 2 at the same time! ^_^

I smiled
    ''great, two on two it is then!''

I Turned to haunter and beckoned him onto the field

'Ill be starting with my Haunter then''

''Hanu hau haunter''
    The pokemon replied in a laugh.

I stared on at the trainer, wondering what pokemon she would choose to start off with.

mizu-dragon

Years
  • ::oh! ok it'll still work::

As the Trainer sent out his Haunter to battle, I pondered quickly on my options. Terra wouldn't fare so well against a Ghost-type...

"Bring in on. Advance to battle, Moonbeam!"

My Umbreon stepped forward, ready to begin, as was I.

"Ready when you are."

Yami's Girl

PC's unofficial Yami lover^^
    Years
  • My battle unfolded. "Rage! Sandstorm!" A sandstorm brewed. And besides that a sand tornado wrapped around Rage. When the tornado dissappeared Rage was gone! "Oh yeah! Now it get's interesting!" Two Tyranitars popped up in different places. Skippy looked around, confused. Two more popped up.
    "Rages! Use Shadow Ball! "

:Now Jason, we have to be fair and say some hit so don't ty and dodge them all.::

Baker's Bulbasaur

Pokemon Bard
    Years
  • I wasn't suprised to see that this trainer had put her umbereon, a dark type pokemon who has the advantage against ghosts, up in battle
    ''You seem to know what ypur doing, but it takes more then a slight advantage to win in battle!, and im here to prove it!''
    I turned to haunter, who looked back in a way that told me he was ready.

I turned back at the trainer and smiled
    ''Haunter, use Hypnosis!''

hanter cupped its hands, which began swirling like an ongoing vortex, they went faster and faster until the whole thing seemed to jump out of the ghosts pokemons hands and fly throagh the air towards Umbereon!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back