• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokemon League (battle only RPG)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mizu-dragon

Head of the Strategist League
Years
  • ::i'll try to play fair::

"Moonbeam! Keep grips!" The Umbreon struggled to stay awake, but I could tell the hypnosis was going to work as the Haunter planned. "Try to use Psychic!"

Moonbeam opened her eyes wide and shot a mental blast toward the opponent. As soon as she did her eyes closed and she fell fast asleep.

I had run into Hypnosis-favoring opponents before. Sometimes the use of Psychic before falling asleep allows a mental connection...Wake up, Moonbeam! Wake up!

"C'mon, Moonbeam, you can make it! Awake!"

Years
  • ooc: Gah, okay.

"Skippey! Errr umm...., use umm Agility! Run around in a circle just avoiding the pokemon then stop in the middle! " Panic, panic, panic, it was gripping me again.
    Skippey did as he was told and stood in the center again, whirling around when /i told him. I closed my eyes. The surface of a clock shone in my mind.
    " 12 O'clock Skippey! " I had used this with Skippey before. Sometimes it worked but mostly it didn't.

Al Duit

Pokemon Friend
    Years
  • OOC: Bulbasaur, perhaps you missed my really long post about Al leaving the table to check on her pokemon and finding they had a virus, etc.? Al's not at the table! And at my last post, it's the next day for her, so you're a day behind. I'm not quite sure we can battle that way lol.

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
  • Pushing himself away from the tree, Rian walked slowly toward the Pokemon Center. By force of will, he somehow steadied his walk and masked his limp. Entering the Center's front doors, the trainer strode toward the front counter. Waiting for Nurse Joy's attention, Rian paused to glance about the Center and noticed a young female leaving the area--seemingly in the direction of the registration.

"May I help you?"

Rian suddenly turned as Nurse Joy's voice addressed him. Despite her obvious concern as to his worn appearance, Rian inquired, "Do you have an Absol here? That is, it arrived . . . " He glanced toward his watch. " . . . About nine hours ago, I believe." "Was I unconscious so long?" he wondered silently.

"Well, an Absol did arrive around that time. It's still in recovery though." Recognition flashed across the nurse's mind as she questioned, "Is it yours?"

"Yes . . . May I give more Pokemon to the Center?"

"Certainly," Nurse Joy replied with a smile.

Rian nodded as he placed four Pokeballs on the counter. No matter the circumstance, he always reserved at least one Pokemon to stay by his side. Then, turning about, Rian started toward the Center entrance. "Thank you, Nurse Joy. I'll return in an hour."

Without another word, he exited.

------------------

Once outdoors, Rian's gaze roved ceaselessly about the area. This place has not changed much since I last was here . . . at the least . . . it has not seemed to change. His eyes shifted toward a group of trainers. The trainers haven't changed much, either. Some are still arrogant . . . Rian's eyes again shifted. Others are more honorable. Again the trainer's glance moved. Overall, most are stronger . . . Rian turned as he felt the gaze of a group of trainers resting threateningly upon him. But some are still weak.

Baker's Bulbasaur

Pokemon Bard
    Years
  • I smiled, haunters hypnosis was working!
    Umbereon had gone into a deep slumber, I looked up at the trainer and remembered that she had aordered a phsycic attack just before the attack had completed itself, to an ordinary trainer, this would not have meant much, But I knew that even when asleep if a pokemon has used a psychci attack it is possible for it to still be able to hear its trainer, I was pleasently suprised, it was obvious this was a very skilled trainer, not many people know that.....But I know some tricks of my own!

''haunter'' I shouted ''use Dream Eater!''

I watched as Haunter grew bigger and sent a beam towards the head ofg umbereon, Not only does dream eater inflict a huge amount of damage, but it can also read the thoughts and dreams going throagh that pokemons head, usually the being able to read thought doesnt help much because being asleep they have no thoughts, just dreams, but if this trainer was talking to Umbereon, then haunter should be ablt to pick up on what she is telling it to do next, which will also make me know as I have such a good connsection with Haunter.

I watched in patience wondering if this would work, and wondering if this trainer knew about this very sly trick.

mizu-dragon

Years
  • ::shnapple...::

Dream Eater... not good! That was not something I was interested in happening to Umbreon. WAKE UP! WAKE UP! WAKE UP! WAAAAAAAAAKE UUUP!

The attack struck, and Moonbeam flinched visibly. Even so, she awoke and struck her ready stance again. Ah, that's right! She never spends a dreamless night! I smiled at our little secret.

Moonbeam was visibly shaken but was still willing to go on. Her eyes were like flames of determination.

"Faint Attack, NOW!"

She leapt into action, executing the move of no misses, slamming the Haunter. I watched carefully as she backed away to see how badly the Haunter was hit.

Baker's Bulbasaur

Pokemon Bard
    Years
  • haunter was blown backwards from the force of the powerful faint attack, which is powerful enough, but ghosts beoing weak against dark attacks didn't help much!
    haunter's expession changed from a playful laugh to a groan, it looked down for a moment, then suddenly he looked up laughing as if he did it every day, I knew what Haunter was doing here, he has been hurt, but he prefered to sike his opponents out rather then go head on head with them.
    I smiled at him
    ''Looks like that attack didn't have much effect!''
    I shouted to the trainer with a smile.

I stood there watching, and wondering what she would do next.

Baker's Bulbasaur

Pokemon Bard
    Years
  • yeah after we have all finished the battle we are all in, I will decleare the end of the day and then the pokemon league matches, for the morining.

Years
  • Skippey was hit! The double team was wearing off again though and the Tyranitar became one again.
    " Skippey! Use flamethrower! One after the other! " Turning to Emily with a worried smirk on my face I said, " You're good. You been here before? This is my first time... I prolly won't make it past the first round... "

Yami's Girl

PC's unofficial Yami lover^^
    Years
  • Double team wore off. "Crap! Rage use sandstorm again!" Rage enveloped himself again in a sand tornado and disappeared underground. "Yes, I've been here before, Jas. But I lost to some Rich kid with a powerful Steelix." Again Rage's head popped up in a hole but only one. Then he quickly disappearded and reappeared. "Yes! Agility!" I murmured. And then Rage quickly popped into the air. "Faint attack!" Rage then looked as if he had fainted. Skippy once again looked somewhat confused. Then suddenly, Rage slammed right into Skippy and disappeared into another hole.

mizu-dragon

Years
  • The Haunter and its trainer didn't seem to be worried about the attack damage, but I knew that it was impossible for the attack to not have done significant damage. Moonbeam's mother was an Espeon, so she inherited great Sp.Attack stats - and I had caught the Haunter's reaction.

Instead of continuing to play on that weakness, however, I decided to play another card. "Moonbeam, Confuse Ray!"

Years
  • ".. Grr. Skippey return! Ase go! " Ase was my Aipom buddy and he was one pshyco dude. Especially when he used the Funky.
    " Ase use the Funky! " Ase grinned his crazy grin and ran toward the Tyranitar.

ooc: pynpfan, you're familiar with the Funky. *Grins*

Yami's Girl

Years
  • ::Yep. Crapola::

I paniced. The crazy Aipom zipped towards Rage. I signaled the attack. Again, sandstorm and then underground. Seeing Ase, though, I knew he would follow. "Rage! Sandstorm to cover up the holes!" Sand flew out of the holes and knocked Ase from his spot at the edge of one. When the sand died down, they holes were gone. I sighed with relief. The Aipom was jumping around madly, wanting to destroy something. I could feel a strange rumbling beneath my feet.
    My combo is working! I thought excitedly. Then all at once, a viollent shaking almost made me fall backwards. Ase wobbled, but held his ground. Then the ground split.

:Unfortunatly for you, "Jas", we don't have to only use 4 moves so I've got a few things up my sleeve.... *laughs menicingly*::

Years
  • ooc: Watcha mean crapola!? "I take Aipom's craziness!" *Runs around screaming with laughter and running into people and furniture* HAHAHAA!!!

" Ummm..... Hey Ase..., use umm Iron Tail on each of the weak spots in the ground! A much harder version of ' WackaFurret'! " I yelled out. Ase, he was making me crazy again.

Yami's Girl

Years
  • Rage ran through each crack. Nimble as Ase was. He passed Ase often and punched his underbelly and then swiftly darted off. Then I saw Jason's tacktic. "Rage! Burrow Deeper!" Rage did as he was told and disappeared into the darkness. Then again the ground shook and the cracks widened. One of them opened under Ase. "SCORE!" I shouted. Then squeling could be heard in the cracks and then Rage threw him onto the battlefield, looking hurt and bewildered.

::Let's make this 2 pokemon each::

Years
  • ooc: Okaaay! Lesse Ase is my second pokemon so...

Ase came back up and I wasn't looking too good of a battle here.
    " Ase..! Ummm run around and do the same thing but watch out for holes and the tricks of Tyranitar and his trainer! Make the place cave in if you can! "

ooc: My character had a strategy? O.o

Baker's Bulbasaur

Pokemon Bard
    Years
  • sorry about my absence people, I have been with family.

Baker looked on at the trainer to see she had changed strategy, she had decided to use a confuse ray, Baker was impressed that the umbereon had woken up, Haunter's Hypnosis was so strong it had made over 50 Tauros all fall at sleep at once, the umbereon was obvioulsy very well trained, However, the trainer was obviously very smart, but she had made a mistake, Haunter did follow orders, but over the years, the pokemon of haunter had developed the name of ''The Comical Pokemon'' Mainly becuase it was so positive on everything that everything it done had to be comical...meaning.......Haunter was always confused!
    Baker smiled at her and decided to Play the same sort of game
    ''Haunter fight off the confusion and fire your own confuse ray''
    Baker knew that even thoagh Haunter would not be effected by confuse ray, it still caused him some minor discomfort at haveig a humungous dark beam being hurled at him, but Baker had confidemce in his pokemon
    Baker screamed ''haunter!! while your confuse ray is being charged give it a power boost with a shadow punch!!''
    Baker knew that aswell as power up the confuse ray, Shadow punch would cause some heafty damage, not as much as it usually would seeing as Umbereon was a dark pokemon and Shadow punch was a dark attack, but Haunter has some what perfected its shadow punch as of late.
    baker watched on as haunter charged the confuse ray in front of it, and pulled back it fist to charge another beam before throwing all its power behind it and go soaring towards haunter with extreme force, pushing the confuse ray at the same time.

OOC - Quite proud of the RP ^_^

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back