• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokemon Race Version 5.0

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
Years

No, just... no. At least Sneasler looks funny for a Pokémon that is just "a bigger form of the first stage."

Years

There's plenty of weaker Pokemon that I personally would've preferred to see get a new evo.
Which isn't to say that Qwilfish didn't deserve anything.

Last edited:

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
Years

Even with what all of you said, I still don't get what connection Overqwil has to the Sinnoh/Hisui lore aside from that brief throwback in the Manaphy sidequest - which could have easily been filled by an Alpha Johtonian Qwilfish anyway.

Years

True for most regional evolutions. Makes me wonder what their criteria are for deciding if it's a new normal evolution like Ursaluna or Wyrdeer versus a new regional evolution that for some reason requires a new regional form.

Also idk what connection it has to the lore. Paying attention to lore is not my strong point =P

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
Years

Overqwil is part of a sidequest involving the legend of Manaphy. It was one of the three Pokémon that accompanied the "brave human" who wanted to see Manaphy - the others being Buizel and Mantyke.

Frankly, I agree that Overqwil could have been a regular evolution instead of a regional one. Plus, it would have likely been Poison/Water like it's pre-evolution, making all the aforementioned companion Pokémon Water-type. It bugs me that this route wasn't taken.

Years
Discarded

Enamorus is next and the last mon.
905.png

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today

On one hand, I want a generation without the genies. On the other hand, with Enamorus introduced, there's a chance that they will return in Gen 9.

Years

There will probably be some sort of 'catch all the previous gen legendaries' thing again.
If not on release, it will probably be in a DLC.

Back