• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy (OOC) (NEW!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 15, 2017
    Alright so I'm back :) I'm gonna make new characters though I've kind lost inspiration for the ones I used to rp as

Work in Progress

Name: Alisha Renee Martin. Nickname: Ali or Lisha. Age: 15, Sex: Female. Dorm: Suicune Dorm.

Spoiler:

Personality (How does your character act and react to others? Their mental state? Flaws and/or personal weaknesses?): 150 word minimum

History (Where did your character grow up? Who did they grow up with? What have the been doing before this? Any noteworthy events? What brought them to the academy?): 350 word minimum

Pokémon (Maximum of 3. No legendaries, 'shiny' or stage 3 pokémon. Oddly colored but not specifically 'shiny' pokemon are allowed, however.):
    Species: Sylveon
    Nickname(Optional): Sylvie
    Personality (Can be as short or long as you want, but cannot be excessively vague):
    Lvl(Max 30): 30
    Moves(Maximum of 6. TMs and egg moves are allowed):

Pokémon (Maximum of 3. No legendaries, 'shiny' or stage 3 pokémon. Oddly colored but not specifically 'shiny' pokemon are allowed, however.):
    Species:
    Nickname(Optional):
    Personality (Can be as short or long as you want, but cannot be excessively vague):
    Lvl(Max 30): 30
    Moves(Maximum of 6. TMs and egg moves are allowed):

Last edited:

timemagetim

Timemagetim
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2015
    Name: Gismo Timothy Maple

Nickname: N/A

Sex: Male

Dorm: Entei

Appearance: Five foot Nine, Blond Hair, Brown eyes, Tanned Skin, Attempts to look nice but usually coated in dirt. He wears a black bandanna and baggy shorts as well as short sleeved t-shirts with various symbols on them.

Personality: He is loud and boisterous making friends and starting conversations easily. He is extremely knowledgeable about Pokemon and their strengths and weaknesses. He is well versed in geography and biological fields. However he is terrible at organization and remembering assignments or to study. He has Executive Dysfunction and beneath his exterior suffers from Mild Depression. He frequently feels that people around him look down on him or are only humoring him to spare his feelings no matter how long they have been friends. Despite this he has an exterior air of apathy towards others opinions of himself. When truly challenged and interested he will throw himself into a complex problem often to the exclusion of all else even if the problem is mostly unimportant. He is extremely kind and gravitates towards the black sheep of any given group. he often dives headfirst into trouble without first thinking about it. Frequently he can quickly think a way back out of said trouble. Other times not so much. He is fiercely protective of anyone who is being bullied and of all Pokemon but will simply allow people to use him as a punching bag with little resistance.

History (Where did your character grow up? Who did they grow up with? What have the been doing before this? Any noteworthy events? What brought them to the academy?): Gismo grew up on a berry farm. His mother and father both were berry farmers. He really enjoyed living there because his whole life he had an obsession with berries and other things that grew. despite living on a berry farm he had several potted berry bushes growing right there in his room. His older brother was an accomplished Pokemon breeder. His parents were loving but frequently off on their own business leaving him and his older brother to keep the farm running, and his brother to raise him. He grew up looking up to his brother. He had few friends growing up considering his isolated lifestyle so his older brother gave him an egg one day after he had a falling out with their parents. He told Gismo to take care of the egg and the Pokemon that hatched from it would love him as much as his big brother. He cried for days after his brother left. He blamed his parents for driving away the one friend he had out on the middle of nowhere and planned on running away himself to chase after his brother Before he had the chance to run off after his brother the egg hatched into a wonderful little Sableye. He knew that the little thing needed his protection and love and so he decided that he would stay for now but Gismo decided while holding that little Pokemon that he would follow in his brothers footsteps and become a world class Pokemon breeder. He dove into personal studies of Pokemon and of breeding. he learned that his parents berries could have all kinds of effect on Pokemon in battles as well. He began to explore the woods around the farm more and more. He and his Sableye grew together until they were inseparable. She never lived in her pokeball. They started training in a dark part of the woods where other ghost types liked to congregate. This was where he eventually caught his other two ghost type Pokemon. He heard about the academy online and saw the famous names of children sent there. With lots of requests to his parents and a generous donation from his uncle of his father's side who was a wealthy Pokemon researcher in his own right he was soon on his way to the academy. He let home without saying goodbye to his parents and never looked back.

Pokémon:
    Species: Sableye
    Nickname: Amethyst
    Personality: Very protective of her trainer having been raised from the egg by him. She is curious and more than a little mischievous. She is a proud little thing and a bit vain about the gems embedded in her hide. Particularly the Amythyst in her chest.
    Lvl: 30
    Moves: Will-O-Wisp, Confuse Ray, Shadow Ball, Dazzling Gleam, Recover, Metronome

Species: Ghastly
    Nickname: Scoot
    Personality: Being very young he is still quite immature. He zips around and often picks fights that he can't handle. He is light hearted but headstrong and sensitive about his small size, being about five inches in diameter.
    Lvl: 10
    Moves: Lick, Hypnosis, Shadow Ball, Mimic

Species: Phantump
    Nickname: Knot
    Personality: Timid and mistrusting at first of people and of most Pokemon however has an extreme love for things that grow often unabashedly fascinated by other grass types. The key to her heart is to be fed some delicious berries.
    Lvl: 12
    Moves: Ingrain, Leech Seed, Feint Attack, Protect, Forest's Curse

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
    Years
  • @timemagetim

I like the SU! And woo more Sableye company for Snype :D Your accepted.

@Gelius

Yeah we're still accepting SUs. Feel free to throw one in

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • Megaman didn't manage to get to the SUs, so here I am!

@Kurobat: Mmm... Unfortunately there actually is an issue with your revision. In both the games and anime an official battle is the only thing required to take the title of champion from it's previous wielder. While what you gave is a neat idea, I'm afraid it contradicts canon.

Your character may refuse the title, or they may be defeated. Only truly great trainers are capable of holding the title of champion for more than a short period of time. However, Cynthia would not actually have the right to refuse him if he wanted it.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • Oh well, if this is overcomplicating things, I stuck with the norm. It's just something I found weird everywhere. Edited!

timemagetim

Timemagetim
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2015
    would someone be so kind as to fill me in a bit on where in this little timeline we are currently located?

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
    Years
  • would someone be so kind as to fill me in a bit on where in this little timeline we are currently located?

At the moment its about winter time or so, a bit before Christmas actually. As of now a tournament is about to be held in Battlefield 7 which is the main event of that day.

Dawn

Years
  • For the first round of the tournament! Allow me to explain. You are in a 2v2 with each trainer using one pokemon. You have been teamed up with one other player character shown in my latest IC post. Feel free to joint post with that person and write out your battle against two NPC trainers. In the next round things will pick up quickly, so use this time to expirement around with working together.

For speed's sake, we will be assuming battles do not happen at the same time even though they're being written and posted at the same time.

If I forgot your character let me know ASAP and I will fix it just as quickly.

jombii

Years
  • ^how 'bout my SU? I don't want to sound to rush you or something but I really want to go post now. :)

Dawn

Years
  • @Kurobat: Hmm..! Alright. I'll give this a pass. You may finally begin posting. Sorry about the wait! :P

jombii

Years
  • ^All right.

Harawan Pommel will be starting to teach the next IC day as he just arrived on the island. First lesson will be conducted on Oak Town, if that is fine. :)

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Hey Yellow, if you get the time, could you update the first post with everyone who was accepted so we can find SU's a little be quicker. I can search for them, but it would really help if the acceptance list and SU links were updated.

Dawn

Years
  • @Iceman3317: There we go. I -think- I finished updating the list fo ya.

@ShaymieTheShaymin: Get better soon vwv

Dawn

Years
  • @Iceman3317: There we go. I -think- I finished updating the list fo ya.

@ShaymieTheShaymin: Get better soon vwv

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back