• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy (OOC) (NEW!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
  • @Nillemi: Welcome to the list! If anyone else has a link to their SU and wants to get added please feel free to send it my way.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Hey guys. I am feeling a lot better, but still not 100% yet. I plan to get a new post up tomorrow. I am also in the process on working on a second character. Although she will not be my main, I will try to keep her active and follow both characters.

Hello guys, here is my 2nd character. Let me know if she needs work somewhere. She has had similar problems that Dalex has had, but in a different and far more scary fashion.

Name: Ariane Dracon
    Sex: Female
    Dorm: Suicune Dorm'
    Appearance:
    Spoiler:

Personality: Ariane is very shy and tries to avoid talking to others. Therefore, she does not have many friends. She treats everyone the same regardless of their dorm, even though she is a Suicune Student. She dislikes those who pick on others just because they are 'inferior' to them. She loves all pokemon, but her passion is flying types and occasionally dragon types. She does not like poison type pokemon due to an attack back in her home town a few years back. She is very smart and even nerdy at times. She enjoys drawing and studying. She always carries a laptop and a sketch pad, with her so she can draw things quickly, study the environment and scan her drawings. She does not like showing her drawings to anyone other than her Uncle. She also loves to write, but she loves to draw more. She soars in every subject. She has no respect for those who cannot take care of technology, books, or any other tools or other things that contain knowledge. She scolds them behind their back and sometimes upfront... sometimes violently. Finally, she does not trust boys or men. The only man she trusts is her Uncle. This is because of events in her history at her home, at her Uncle's home town and at the Academy itself.

History: Ariane was born in Pokewood. Her family was a group actors who adored anything dragon type pokemon. But her family was always too busy to raise her with love. Usually, she was sent to her Uncle's Home in Mistralton City. Spending time with her uncle made her love bird pokemon as he was a Pilot and they traveled together with many bird type pokemon. While she was there, she secretly watched a boy who she eventually started to like, but was always too shy to tell him even though they would play together sometimes. She was not even sure if he actually knew her name. She never forgot his though.

One night when she was at her parents house, her parents sat her down and told her that she would become a pokemon actress. Ariane refused to accept and she told her parents that she wanted to be a Sky Battle Master. This made her parents angry and her father slapped her for having such a foolish dream and yelled at her for being too close to his 'inferior' brother. After she told her Uncle, her Uncle entered a legal battle and ultimately won custody of Ariane and claimed thousands upon thousands of dollars for her. She hasn't heard from her parents anymore. In interviews that her parents have to do, they do not mention her anymore. Basically disowning her after refusing to follow their dream.

She moved to Mistralton City with her uncle, only to find out that the boy she really liked had moved. At the age of six, she was attacked by a skorupi while she was playing just on the outskirts of Mistalaton and was poisoned. She fell very ill, but her uncle took care of her until she felt better. When she was ten, she went on a trip to the Kalos Region with her uncle. While she was making a quick packages deliverer to customer for her Uncle on Rote 1, she found a seriously wounded Noibat on the way back. The poor little dragon bat pokemon couldn't move and she scooped it up into her arms and quickly ran home. Her Uncle taught her how to treat an injured pokemon. They stayed longer than they had planned due to weather, so in this time Ariane and Noibat became close friends. When she tried to let it go back into the wild, the Noibat refused to go. Her Uncle said she could keep it in a Luxury Ball, that he gave her.

When she returned to Unova, boys were always hitting on her when she showed them her Noibat. This upset Ariane, because she had no interest in boys at the time. The fact that people knew her parents, didn't help matters much either. She wanted to stay to herself so that she could study to become a Sky Battle Master. She trained with her Noibat some, but her parents being famous and having a pokemon from the Kalos Region forced her to hide when she trained.

Eventually she made her own gliding suit and used the giant fans at the Mistralton City gym to learn how to fly with the outfit. When she learned about the Trainer's Academy, she asked her Uncle if she could use her money to go to school in which he agreed. He gave her a C Gear that had a Pokedex and Xtransceiver. Two months after she had sent in an application and took the exams, she received a package from Prof. Gary Oak. To her great surprise, she had made it into Suicune Dorm, and received a pokeball with it. When she opened the poke ball, a baby Togepi appeared.

After she arrived at PTA, she feel in love with the many different environments. She has hardly spoken to anyone in the four months she has been there. At the end of her first month, she started to think about becoming a Sky Battle Master more. She vowed to catch every type of flying pokemon there has ever been, including those who cannot actually fly.She also vowed to catch every type of pokemon that can participate is a Sky Battle. To be a Sky Battle Master, she must catch every type of Sky Battling pokemon, However.... she stinks at catching wild pokemon.

She has failed many times to catch a decisive Pidgey. The reason she wishes to catch this Pidgey, is because every single morning, the same Pidgey sits on her window and taunts her. Day after day she tried to capture the Pidgey, but ultimately failed for times than she can count.

In her third month of being at the Academy, she started to get strange feelings while she was out walking. All she knows is that it was a group of boys. When she finally spotted them, they hid, When she called to them. They didn't answer and then seemingly disappeared. But what really freaks her out, it in in a sequence of 15 days. Every 15 days she gets the same feeling. This has made her very weary of any and every male, that is not her Uncle. She has thought about leaving PTA to get away from this group of unknown boys. She has thought about telling teachers, but has refused due to her thinking that they would not believe her. She does not know if the boys are a threat or not. But that unknown scares her.

Pokémon:

Species: Noibat (Infiltrator) (Male)
    Personality: Noibat is a gentle pokemon. It usually hide behind Ariane when a new person or pokemon appear.
    Lvl: 12
    Moves: Supersonic, Tackle, Gust,

Species: Togepi (Super Luck) (Female)
    Personality: Togepi is happy go luck and wanders off if it is not being watched closely.
    Lvl: 10
    Moves: Metronome, Sweet Kiss,

Last edited:

Dawn

Years
  • @Iceman3317: Well hellooo nurse! Er--What I meant to say was that that your character looks great. Um--What I meant to say was that your SU is good.

The history was slightly short, but I think I'm going to let that slide as I would put emphasis on 'slightly' and was satisfied with what was there.

Also, on an unrelated note--The double post thing is a bug forum-side related to quick replies. If you hit 'go advanced' before you post and hit submit reply from there you should be able to consistently avoid that, though as you can see I frequently forget to do it myself. ;p

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Alright thanks. I'll see what I can add to it. My last edit must have shortened it slightly. Shouldn't be a problem to fix though. It was longer, but there was some redundant info. I will take a look at it though.

Thanks for that tip about the double post bug though. I was wondering why it was doing it so much lately.

Edit 1/17/2015
    I have added more history between her and Noibat. I have also added a little more to the history between her and her family. I will explain the reasoning for her not trusting boys/men in her opening post when I post it.

Last edited:

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    Name: Gelius Brown

Nickname: Geli

Sex: Male

Dorm: Raikou Dorm

Appearance:
    2jcfoy9.png
    (New image. Prefer this character image. But ignore the Mega Stone. I am too lazy to edit it.)

Personality (How does your character act and react to others? Their mental state? Flaws and/or personal weaknesses?): Gelius is very stubborn that hates to receive orders. Even from teachers. "Being Shy and Stubborn is an hard job." It's what he says. He is shy and rarely talks with someone completely strange. He normally his feelings are "Enclosed" because he was a guy who was bullied all his life. However, his passion for Pokemon is big, and owns a good heart, who can be relied with in. He hates to see Pokemon used as Slaves, Weapons or Tools, and is able to help anyone.

He has a bad aim. Very bad aim. He owns a billiard cue to aim the Pokeballs and hit the vital spot of the energy of the Pokemon. Also he uses the Billiard Cue to throw his Pokemon's Pokeballs to strategic places. Gelius is also very impatient. Waiting is not the best thing of him. On the mean time Gelius is being a very quiet person because he changed school many times. So he is not the greatest social person in the world. Normally ignores strangers.

History (Where did your character grow up? Who did they grow up with? What have the been doing before this? Any noteworthy events? What brought them to the academy?): Gelius grew up in diffrent regions, with their parents and twin sister. He never knew so much about his family, only knowing that had also a pair of grandparents, and a lost brother, whose disappeared when both were kids (when Gelius was 3, Mark was 6), as well as a lost uncle, whose disappeared a week after. Due to the lack of jobs, his parents had to change home many, but many times. The years passed away, and Gelius did not had a single friend. He befriended a Sneasel, a Lotad and a Pichu when he was in Hoenn. However Gelius was bullied in every school because he was always the new kid, and by that reason, no one wanted to talk with him, thinking he was a looser, not worthy of their time.

Gelius never adapted to all schools because their parents used to change home too many times. Like 2 months after, he changes to another home by surprise. So he never used to have so many friends. The only school he got to adapt to take the horrible days was on Sinnoh. But with the often school switches, Gelius never established a foothold, even some times ending up crying on the corner of his bedroom (Whatever it was he always had a bedroom.), starting to think he was at the edge from becoming a depressive guy. With the family help, was possible to stop the depression to continue for some time.

By the time he was 10, Gelius was in trouble. 15 guys older than him tried to fight him with the bare hands. Gelius was losing hope and thought that he would die, but his Pokemon saved him, by attacking them. However, Gelius was in trouble by attacking someone with Pokemon, and then goes to the family court (A court where they decided what should be done to the kids). While the investigations continued, Gelius and his family were unable to leave Unova, and Gelius became the scary guy, and no one talked to him again.

At his 12th Birthday, he got the worst notice in the world. He and his twin sister, Marie, were taken by their parents, not being able to see them for the rest of their lives, and the court thought that because: "It was for their sake to give them a more responsible family.". However, his parents were responsible. Both were going to live in Sinnoh, with their Grandparents. It was here where Gelius became more quiet and closed on his new room, making him to enter in a deep depression. He barely talked, even to his grandparents and twin sister. By this time, the others learned to talk Pichu and Sneasel's Language, so they could talk in his place. By the mean time in Sinnoh, Lotad evolved into Lombre to save Gelius from a fire. And even living 2 years in Sinnoh did not help him to get friends.

On his 14 years old, Gelius heard that the Trainers Academy was open. He, by his will, dropped out his actual academy and signed up on the Trainers Academy. After some preparations, Gelius boards the train and travels to a new world, ready for his lessons to become one of the best and ready to become the new kid and take all the jokes about him. Will he probably open his enclosed, shut, and dark heart and lighten his life?

Pokémon:

Species: Sneasel
    Nickname:
    Personality: Sneasel is like a 2 years old Gelius. Energetic, always ready, happy, confident and loyal. He is Gelius' best pokemon, being the first one of the 3.
    Lvl: 30
    Moves: Iron Tail, Foul Play, Dark Pulse, Shadow Ball, Surf, Blizzard

Species: Lombre
    Nickname: Sombrero
    Personality: Sombrero is the kind of Pokemon who loves parties and loves to rest. But he likes to fight as well, being one of the strongest Pokemon that Gelius owns. It is completely loyal to Gelius, being able to evolve into Lombre and returning to the burning school in Sinnoh (Before Trainers Academy) to save him, while the other student were about to leave him on the classroom on fire, and the teachers not knowing what was happening.
    Lvl: 25
    Moves: Zen Headbutt, Hydro Pump, Thunder Punch, Fire Punch, Ice Punch, Drain Punch

Species: Pichu
    Nickname: Ukulele Pichu (Because this Pichu carries an Ukulele)
    Personality: Ukulele Pichu is like Sneasel. Does anything with Gelius. Being his second Pokemon, Pichu was not, to be honest, the best fighter in the world, but he was decent. Specially when comes to cheer people (but never worked with Gelius). This Pokemon rarely gives up, and tries to influence his teammates to never give up also. Loves to be the center of the attentions.
    Lvl: 22
    Moves: Thunder, Thunderbolt, Nasty Plot, Volt Tackle, Iron Tail, Signal Beam

OK Done. Hope you enjoy.

Last edited:

Dawn

Years
  • @Shaymie: Glad to have you back!~ If you can find someone else that wants to man-fight in the tournament I won't penalize you for joining late.

@Gelius3:
    fQlLcw9.png

My new OTP

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I have added a bit more to Ariane's history because I thought the male trust issues was too big to leave out. I also fixed some things in her Personality.

Dawn

Years
  • @Gelius3: It's the eyes. He's giving me espurr eyes and I wanted to see what it would look like with him next to Espurr; I decided to share it~ (If that's unintentional, my advice would be to 'cut off' either either the top of the eyes with eyebrows, the bottom of the eyes with cheekbones or both. It's not relevant to your app being accepted, though.)

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Heya guys. I have changed the appearance picture for Dalex to better match him. It is still not a very good match, but much better than the last. I have also made these fun little 'Trainer Cards' that I will be using. Will eventually add them to my signature when I can get them small enough without them being too big and don't look too small.

Spoiler:

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • To anyone who wanted to interact with Haru, he's in the plains, and just caught a Cubone.

Batel

A nothing.
    Years
  • Right! After a lengthy absence, I have returned, and I have decided to apply with a brand new character. Here goes!

Character Details:
    Spoiler:

Pokémon:
    Spoiler:

Dawn

Years
  • @Batel: Sorry about the wait. I was looking for a second opinion. Your app doesn't look bad! There were some concerns raised about how "gifted" he is, though. It's never quite explained how exactly he is gifted. The fact that he was capable of taking a skiddo that has never battled before and beating the best trainer in his town is slightly alarming. Were all the particularly good trainers out of town that day? Was this trainer named "Ash Ketchum on a bad day"? I want to know more about how he does these seemingly amazing things, as this feels like an important detail.

Batel

A nothing.
    Years
  • @Yellow: Yeah, reading back over it there's some specifics left out in regards to his history. Looking at it's actually a little embarrassing as is. How I'd designed the character was for him to have bloated ego. My intention was to imply that he wasn't really as good as his history said he was, though I am bloody sure that the line about his first battle is an egregious power-play, and having written it actually makes me feel like I'm a fourteen year old again. In regards to his 'gifts', it's absolute tripe. The kid's a little more gifted at ranching and running, but he's no-where near as good at anything else as anyone else, he just talks a big game, is supported by over-eager parents and has gotten lucky a lot, which is why he's never even bothered to go for more than two badges. His ego is massive for no real reason. Here's the edited version.

Spoiler:

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • I have no idea to proceed once I captured that Cubone. Does anybody want to interact with Haru?

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    A *lot* of people are tied up in the tournament right now, so it's a tricky time to find people to interact with - I'm not sure exactly who would be free. Maybe you could write a post detailing Haru getting to know his Cubone a little better? Introducing it to his other Pokemon, learning its moves etc.

It may not be the most exciting of posts, but it lays good groundwork for posts involving Cubone in the future and keeps you busy while the tournament continues.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I have no idea to proceed once I captured that Cubone. Does anybody want to interact with Haru?

My character Dalex is currently between the Mountains in the Academy if you want to head over that way. Probably should read my last post though before you do. He is on his way back to the tournament for now.

Though, if you start talking to me, the first part of the post may not be toward you, but I'll notice you after the first part of my post. As the first part will be the last thing I planned to do in my own character development for the IC day.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back