• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy (OOC) (NEW!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
All right, ill have haru go there and maybe proceed to the tournament afterwards.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
@Batel: I'm honestly having a difficult time telling what was changed. vwv That being said, I also haven't been able to get a second opinion. Was there anything else besides the identity of the trainer he fought that changed? What about the rest of the trainers and these other unexplained gifts he has?

Batel

A nothing.
Years
Right, as I can't seem to convey the character correctly by way of application, I've retooled him. Hope this is a little better for you!

Spoiler:

And a change to Skiddo to reflect those changes to Sellis.

Spoiler:

Dawn

Years
@Batel: This new history works well for me. The one problem remaining is that his skiddo knows 7 moves~ Fix that and feel free to join in!

Arceus10000

Radical Battical
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 21, 2020

[FONT=&quot]Name: Bismarck König (Koenig)[/FONT]​

[FONT=&quot] Nickname: Bisy, K-Man[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] Age: 15[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] Sex: Male[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] Dorm: Suicune [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
8bf2da133bd4488adf610eb9c4264072.png
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Personality: [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Bismarck has always been a very kind, caring soul—always trying his best to put others before him like his parents and religious beliefs had long instilled in him. People have always come to him in times of need for mental support, and really, he's never minded being a supporter. His keen interest in the nature of humans and the way they work has always fueled this passion for helping others, as through seeing the issues that others face mentally, he's able to add to his knowledge of the human psyche and keep his own state of thought in tip-top shape; however, his mind has a big problem with disconnecting emotionally. Not on a sociopathic level by any means, but on a level where the care and attention he provides to others would plummet to almost null occasionally. He also had a weakness for premature judgment based on skill level, effort, and other such items. Finding this judgment absurd is something he would have considered, but his instinct that founded these ideas had been proven accurate too many times for him to be dissuaded without solid evidence.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]When it comes to understanding, though, a complete contradiction was found: he was far too understanding of the plights that others came to face. Of course, this only fueled his knack for caring for others, but it was also the primary reason so many can came to him without feeling like they will be attacked. This trait of his found its foundation in some of his interests. Over the years he had that he didn't like being judged for his interests, so why would he find it appropriate to judge another for something else? This question made mantra was something that he tried to keep in mind, when he actually got around to interacting with someone, but only within reason. Past all of this, though, was a droning lack of self-confidence. Despite his accomplishments in helping others with the same problem that was consistently befalling him, he still failed to keep himself from believing he was far less worthy than many others. Tagging alongside this is social anxiety, which is one thing he hoped to overcome by going to the Academy.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] History: [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Bismarck grew up in the almost forest-like city Fortree, home of the flying type gym leader Winona. His father and the tightly-knit community centered around a league's gym were the primary inspirations for the young lad. Using the forest as his training grounds, his father, a trainer himself, taught Bismarck the art of battling, training, capturing, and raising Pokémon from start to finish. As you'd expect, though, his father's knowledge was limited. Bismarck kept harshly training, studying, and then training and studying some more on his own in an attempt to become the best trainer he could be, and his father noted this. By the time he was ten and allowed to get his Pokémon license, his father knew he was ready for anything the world could throw at him. Buying him a set of Pokeballs and lending him a Pokémon of his own, Bismarck and his new burrowed-companion Dusclops were ready to set out on an adventure. What adventure, exactly? A small trip down to Mauville city, of course!
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Within less than a week, he had arrived, but with no new Pokémon in tow. He begrudgingly made his way back to Fortree, thinking that he had failed some sort of "catch-a-Pokémon" exam, but upon his arrival, his father's reaction inspired him to continue on this path forever: his father happily bestowed a Duskull to Bismarck for him to train and take on his journey to explore part of the region of Hoenn. Bismarck took this task in stride. With a lot of sweat and hard work, he made his way across the land, capturing two more Pokemon along the way, namely Swablu (with inspiration from Winona) and a Ralts turned Kirlia. Adventure over and experience gained, he returned shortly before his twelfth birthday to a father urging him to attempt entry into a new Pokémon academy. However, he felt that his skills were not up to par. Why would Gary Oak ever select someone like him? So, he spent another three years refining his craft before submitting himself for both the practical and written exams, which he would end up passing with flying colors. [/FONT]​

355.gif
[FONT=&quot]Species: Duskull (Male)
Nickname: Geister[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Lvl: 30[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Moves: Night Shade, Dream Eater, Will-O-Wisp, Calm Mind, Shadow Ball, Protect
[/FONT][/FONT] Personality:
Like one would expect a ghost to be, he's quite reserved, unless he is caught up in the heat of battle. At this point, his focus is on the battle and the battle only, but as soon as it [FONT=&quot]f[FONT=&quot]in[FONT=&quot]ishes[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT], he returns to being a shy, but uncharacteristically caring ghost.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]​

281-3.gif
[FONT=&quot]Species: Kirlia (Female)[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Nickname: Astral
[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Lvl: 20[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Moves: Psychic, Hypnosis, Dream Eater, Thunderbolt, Magical Leaf, Teleport[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Personality:
Although this psychic type was very shy in its younger years, as it progressed into a Kirlia, its attitude and personality shifted to a much more open and endearing form. Now-a-days, it always desires to be the center of attention, if it can help it[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

333.gif
[FONT=&quot]Species: Swablu (Male)[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Nickname: Anu
[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Lvl: 18
Moves: Ice Beam, Toxic, Aerial Ace, Dragon Rush, Haze, Roost
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Personality:
Unlike Astral, this outgoing bird never quite had a shy stage. Its love for the sky and open air are only really matched by its desire to push itself to the front of its master's attention. In order [FONT=&quot]t[/FONT]o do this, Anu always pushes himself to be the best he can be in battle and the most showy he can be outside of it.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]​

Dawn

Years
@Arceus10000: Your character looks nice! The one thing I thought to myself is that I found myself wanting to know more about his relationship with his father, just the smaller details of what their relationship was like really. Regardless, this is not information that is of consequence to him being accepted. I'm going to go ahead and accept Bismarck. c:

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
Hi everyone :)

Just posting to say I'm still alive. I trying to (hopefully) go back to my old posting habits, and I'm glad my character wasn't taken off (thanks Yellow :D). I plan to write something up on Monday/Tuesday. If not, I'll definitely do it on Thursday. If anyone is interested in hanging out with Ryan or re-introducing him to everything that's happening, don't hesitate to message.

I also have two main question - What are the main storylines/plost going on right now, and have there been any significant changes since I left?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
As I have not been in this that long, I can not say everything that has changed. All I currently can say is that there is a tournament going on at the moment. The day does not have much longer. Only other thing I know about at the moment is a conflict with Team Rocket which changed some people into pokemon. In the previous IC day? Idk lol.

Another thing I have noticed in the past year, with Gen 6, is that you can catch mostly any pokemon in the wild now in certain areas, but there are still restriction which are listed in the rules. Other than that, I do not think there has been any major changes, just wanted to post to let you know.

Most communication and planning happens on the Skype Chat Group.

Last edited:

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
Years
Name: Alex Rogue

Sex:
Male

Dorm:
Suicune Dorm

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Personality: Alex is a gentle, relaxed, curious boy. He usually doesn't have any problems with his comrades. Most people think of him as a nerd, but Alex is actually a pretty strong guy. He doesn't get offended easily and is really quiet. Most of the time, Alex is either playing with his pokemon, studying or sleeping. Although he works hard in his studies, in other matters, Alex is very lazy. He usually sleeps three times a day and is a very good, although new, trainer. Alex is really bad at catching pokemon though, and only has only managed to get one so far. His favorite type of Pokemon is water-type.

History: Alex was born in Boon Island, near Kanto. As a toddler, he was very curious and liked going outside to play with wild and tamed Pokemon. At that time he really loved water Pokemon. Everyday, in the afternoon, Alex brought food to the beach to feed the pokemon swimming there.

One day, his older brother came to visit home in the middle of his journey, he stayed for one week, and Alex eager to know what Pokemon he had. One day late at night, Alex waited until all his family were asleep and went to have a look at his his brother's Pokemon, he was scared to get caught taking one of his brother's Pokemon so he quickly took one and ran away. He waited until the next day so he could find out what Pokemon his brother had. He hid the Pokeball in his pocket at went outside to check it out.

When he took it out, it was an Aipom. He played with it day and night until one day when his brother was going to leave. He found out Aipom was not in his Pokeball, and he knew that Alex took it. He was not surprised, as he knew his that Alex was a curious boy. Alex gave him his Pokeball, sad to see Aipom go. And right when his brother was going to leave, Alex asked him if he could get Aipom back as his own Pokemon.

His brother smiled at him, and gave him his Pokeball. He told him to take good care of Aipom and explained to him that Aipom was very important to him. Alex promised he would take good care of Aipom and his brother left.

It wasn't until two years after he got Aipom that he heard about the Pokemon Trainer Academy, and asked his parents if he could go. He explained it was his destiny to become like his brother and after many weeks of thought, his parents finally accepted.

Name: Amen Williams (cuz my bro is Ryan Williams)
People think his name is Ben Ferry

Pokémon:

Spr_5b_190_m.png

Species: Aipom
Personality: Playful and friendly, he adapts quickly to people.
Lvl: 25
Moves:
  • Double Hit
  • Swift
  • Focus Punch
  • Bounce

Ah.... this is the join post I put when I was 11 two years ago. I'm guessing Yellow took me off because of inactivity so I'll re-post it with some edits. yellow has been a good mentor too btw, she's taught me loads about role-playing!

Name: Amen Williams (changed it)

Sex:
Male

Dorm:
Suicune Dorm

Appearance:
sLvsSIF.png

Personality: Alex is a gentle, relaxed, curious boy. He usually doesn't have any problems with his comrades. Most people think of him as a nerd, but Alex is actually a pretty strong guy. He doesn't get offended easily and is really quiet. Most of the time, Alex is either playing with his pokemon, studying or sleeping. Although he works hard in his studies, in other matters, Alex is very lazy. He usually sleeps three times a day and is a very good, although new, trainer. Alex is really bad at catching pokemon though, and only has only managed to get one so far. His favorite type of Pokemon is water-type.

History: Alex was born in Boon Island, near Kanto. As a toddler, he was very curious and liked going outside to play with wild and tamed Pokemon. At that time he really loved water Pokemon. Everyday, in the afternoon, Alex brought food to the beach to feed the pokemon swimming there.

One day, his older brother came to visit home in the middle of his journey, he stayed for one week, and Alex eager to know what Pokemon he had. One day late at night, Alex waited until all his family were asleep and went to have a look at his his brother's Pokemon, he was scared to get caught taking one of his brother's Pokemon so he quickly took one and ran away. He waited until the next day so he could find out what Pokemon his brother had. He hid the Pokeball in his pocket at went outside to check it out.

When he took it out, it was an Aipom. He played with it day and night until one day when his brother was going to leave. He found out Aipom was not in his Pokeball, and he knew that Alex took it. He was not surprised, as he knew his that Alex was a curious boy. Alex gave him his Pokeball, sad to see Aipom go. And right when his brother was going to leave, Alex asked him if he could get Aipom back as his own Pokemon.

His brother smiled at him, and gave him his Pokeball. He told him to take good care of Aipom and explained to him that Aipom was very important to him. Alex promised he would take good care of Aipom and his brother left.

It wasn't until two years after he got Aipom that he heard about the Pokemon Trainer Academy, and asked his parents if he could go. He explained it was his destiny to become like his brother and after many weeks of thought, his parents finally accepted.

- I'll add to it as I wasn't here for a whole year -

Amen Hated the Academy, all he ever did is study, study, study and more study! He decided to run away , and he left with his Aipom. He joined many teams, but he always quit. He basically became a kid hobo. He battled other people, and his aipom got stronger and stronger everytime.

He never caught a pokemon, and only trained with Aipom. One day, amen found the gates to the Trainer academy while he was traveling with Aipom. Aipom saw a pecha berry, so he ran towards it and grabbed it. Amen came running after him. Amen shouted at his Aipom, and everyone could hear him.

A man walked towards him and said " Hey there, you must be our new kid Ben Ferry!" He took him to the Suicine dorm and showed him around. Amen didn't want to talk as he knew he'd get caught. Now amen had a new life. He was back to the Trainer Academy.

Pokémon:

Spr_5b_190_m.png

Species: Aipom
Personality: Playful and friendly, he adapts quickly to people.
Lvl: 45 (upgraded)
Moves:
  • Double Hit
  • Swift
  • Focus Punch
  • Bounce

Foxrally

Years
Alright - got my post out! I'll see if the folks at the mountain have anything to say. If everyone's busy, I'll have Ryan move on by himself.

Dawn

Years
@mimimahboul: Mmm... I have a policy to always re-accept those coming back, even if they were removed for inactivity~ That being said, I did review the new information you added to your SU. I'm going to give it a pass, though I'll give you some pointers via VMs shortly~

Years
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 5, 2024
Its been a while since anyone has posted in this thread, but can I hand in my character description. I see that there are empty spaces in the Raikou Dorm (Which is what I wanted to join anyway) but since the plot is ongoing I'm not really sure how to just drop in

Foxrally

Years
Its been a while since anyone has posted in this thread, but can I hand in my character description. I see that there are empty spaces in the Raikou Dorm (Which is what I wanted to join anyway) but since the plot is ongoing I'm not really sure how to just drop in

I'm in the middle of writing a post. It'll be up tomorrow, hopefully.

Years
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 5, 2024
I'm in the middle of writing a post. It'll be up tomorrow, hopefully.

Ok thanks, I recently discovered the roleplaying scene, and have really been wanting to try my hand at it. Since I already had a huge interest in fiction writing and Role-playing IRL

JukeboxTheGhoul

Rocking Round the Clock
Years
Holy Milktank, this is still the Original bloody thread? Wow. I applied to this years ago, and got dropped for inactivity, I remember getting mad at you for criticising my SU, I promise you, a LOT has changed in 4 years, would it be ok for me to sign up... again?

Proof that my ability has improved: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8683416&postcount=374

Last edited:

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Finally. I finished my SU. It is on page 226. I hope you like it.

Dawn

Years
Sorry about the wait guys. It used to be that people would let me know when someone needed my attention in the OOC, but I suppose I'll have to actually pay more attention now~

@SYDAXARO220: I'm sure that some other members might be willing to fill you in. The short story is that the plot is a non-linear sandbox built by the players, rather than strictly led by me. Where your character fits in is your choice! The sky's the limit really! Right now there are three major premises going on.

• Team Rocket invading and practicing subterfuge on the island.
  • The actual daily school days and the pursuit of greater knowledge and strength by the students.
  • The personal relationships between the students.

@Aquataris: Actually, this isn't PTA's original OOC thread~ That would be here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=254698

Regardless, my bad. A lot of the time I don't want to criticize SUs, but it's an important job. vwv I do have a policy that returning members can rejoin with their old characters without having to sign up again, but that's assuming nothing about the character has changed~ Since you've improved so much, I recommend giving it a go! I'd love to have you here.

@Gelius3: SUP GOLD! Hm... I feel like I want to know more about your character's past. Or rather, I want to know more about his family and the specific reason(s) he was incapable of adapting to these new school(s). Was it just that he switched schools too often to establish a foothold, or was he awkward? I feel like I could accept this, but with some extra information I feel like the SU would benefit a great deal.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to go set my RSS feed back up so that I don't miss posts anymore! ;P

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Anyway i added some information, not having so much about the family, but one thing that the grandparents and the parents know is: The Uncle and Older Brother are lost (Missing.).

Also added some details about the troubles why Gelius could not establish the foothold, mentioning that he entered in a small deep depression, but i forgot to mention it was forgotten 1 month before coming to the Trainers Academy.

So with that i think it is complete.

Dawn

Years
@Gelius3: You're accepted! Welcome to the family, get on in here~ If you'd like to be added to the Skype group or you have any questions, don't have afraid to ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back