• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy [T]

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Sydney Florencia Ramirez

Sydney had finally managed to get Miko transferred from her lap back into her usual spot inside her satchel bag and finish enough of her reading that she felt it was time to finally introduce herself properly to Cutiefly. After giving it some thought she'd decided to do it outdoors where the newest addition to her team would hopefully feel more at ease. Miraculously she was able to locate one of the outdoor battlefields not already in use by students out to prove themselves on the first day. It reminded her of the battle she'd so spectacularly given up on earlier and brought a pang of shame that she quietly put to one side of her mind. Dwelling on the incident wasn't going to help her prevent it from happening again, only moving forward could do that. She nervously smoothed down her skirt before taking the Poke Ball from her bag, Miko popping her head out in equal parts irritation and curiosity at the disturbance and flung it high into the air after pressing the button on the front of the capsule.

It popped open and released a stream of blue light that coalesced into the Cutiefly, the tiny creature buzzing around as it examined the new surroundings. She wasn't worried about it going berserk, and not because it was so small, but numerous studies had shown that you couldn't really catch a Pokémon that on some level didn't want to be captured, even the most advanced Poke Balls in the world weren't sure things regardless of how weak the Pokémon was. There was always that chance that the Pokémon would simply refuse to be caught – there were even rumours of the fabled Master Balls not being one hundred percent effective. So that meant Cutiefly wanted to be her Pokémon… hopefully.

"Uh… h-hey there Cutiefly!" A more nervous start than she would have liked, but she'd never done this before. "I'm Sydney. Sydney Ramirez, and, well, I guess I'm your new Trainer."

Cutiefly swerved in the air and flew towards her, looking her up and down a few times, before bumbling ineffectually against her forehead over and over again in an attempt to crush her skull and feast on the delicious mass within. Sydney giggled, what an adorable Pokémon, it was so friendly! She reached up and cupped her hands around the Bee Fly Pokémon, bringing her hands down in front of her face and opening them again to reveal her new friend cradled inside.

"I see why they call you Cutiefly, but I think we need a new name for you. How about… Titania? Sound good? You and I are going to be great friends, I can tell. And you're going to help me win a lot of battles!"

At the mention of battles and the inherent violence therein the newly dubbed Titanias' eyes sparkled and she let out a merry squeak (which roughly translated as the word murder and buzzed her wings in joy. Miko slowly retreated back into the cozy bag, utterly terrified by this manifestation of evil. Sydney laughed, pleased that things were going so well, and gave her hands a small lift so that Titania took off into the air again.

"Alright, how about we see what you can do and get some practice in, okay? Miko, come out and help. Come on, don't be shy!" Miko reluctantly reared her head from inside the bag again and, seeing that Sydney was so excited about this idea, reluctantly climbed out and shimmied down her leg to the ground. "So Titania, Miko is really fast on her feet. Let's give you both a workout by seeing if you can catch her, okay? If you can, you get an extra treat with your dinner later, but if Miko can avoid you then she gets it. Sound good? Go!"

Titania gave out a Cutiefly sized roar and started flying straight towards Miko who jumped a foot in the air from fright before taking off around the battlefield at top speed, afraid of what might happen if the miniscule devil made contact with her. "That's it you two, really go for it!" Sydney cheered, oblivious to the horror she was helping unleash upon the world.

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
Years
Kylie/Eric

-----'You have nothing better to do,' she concluded, just looking at the guy; lounging alone, accomplishing nothing, with nothing on his mind.
-----She found herself concerned by this forgettable anomaly seated at a booth along the Center wall. Gazing, listless, vacant; neither young or old -- a blank slate. Fundamental features she possibly noted before began to fade into some indistinct whole (What shape were his eyes -- rounded, almond? What shape was his head -- diamond-shaped, heart-shaped, a square?) He was right there, but there was so little KK could remember. Rarely did people in your life give off an entirely neutral impression, like they didn't feel a certain way about any situation, hold a grudge, come from anywhere.
-----KK didn't realize then but she was on the defensive as she approached, that earlier disgust already weighing her brow. There really wasn't any time to adhere to gut feeling in that sort of anti-flight-or-fight reflex.

-----"In horror stories, the girl always opens the door, even when she knows a monster's on the other side."
-----Why did she imagine Dixie saying that?
. . .
-----Why the condemnation on this girl? It marred her face, boyish as it was, boyish as she looked in that oversized jacket unintended for meager height. -----She had a right to look upset if she was, but the way her expression turned to grimace ruined an ordinarily stony countenance; she seemed the sort, whoever she was, to look serious regardless. -----Noticeable, too, was how this girl closed the distance between them with almost martial dedication. Mild, was her posture, as she came to stand before him, her hands resting in her uniform's pockets. But her dark, scrutinizing eyes belied all that.

-----She halted her forward march, and Eric sat to attention, intrigued.

-----"Wassup."
-----The girl glanced pointedly at his clothes.
-----"Nice jacket, cuz."

-----"Thank you?" Eric asked, confused about the super casual greeting. He realized that he was wearing his dorm jacket. "Oh."

-----"Have we met?"

-----"Nope."

-----In retrospect, Eric wouldn't know this particular Trainer, or anyone else on the island.

-----"Wait... I haven't introduced myself yet. I'm Eric Damon," he said, in a mild Scottish accent. "And you are?"

-----Automatically, she offered a firm handshake.

-----"Kylie Kahale. We're in the same dorm."

-----"Nice to meet you," Eric added, looking around awkwardly. He hadn't had any interactions with other Trainers since he arrived on the island.

-----Almost to complicate things, someone whistled from afar. Kylie whirled around with such immediacy, it was if she expected it.
-----The little girl responded with agitation patent in her tone, looking past her shoulder and skimming the crowd like a hunter pre-pounce. "Same, I guess."

-----Eric thought she'd eventually recognize the schoolgirl-dressed Suicune grinning madly by the service counter.
-----"Whoever you are…" He exclaimed, his accent coming out more clearly, "Do you mind?! That's very rude, y'know!"

-----Kylie followed his gaze and put everything she had into her own response.
-----"You're a hoe, Dixie! Go get Krabby somewhere else!"
-----Finally, Miss Kahale turned to face her acquaintance. Her sigh was deep; she was visibly readjusted afterwards. Her eyes stopped conning Eric.
-----"Like I said, she's a hoe. You can ignore that girl. Where you from, by the way, Eric? I'm curious."

-----"I was actually raised by a pride of Pyroar and Litleo, somewhere untouched by man. This island's climate is different from it, but still feels like home. However, I consider my hometown to be Nacrene City, in the Unova region," he explained. "That was my first taste of civilization."

-----Kylie, stunned, took another deep breath (and muttered something about Silvia bein' right under it.)
-----"O-kay. Well. You sound like you've had an interesting life. And have adjusted to civilization... very quickly! That's convenient. Um.
-----"I have a... let's call it a 'business proposal,' Mr. Damon. You know what 'business' is, right? Pyroar had those in the jungle, right?
-----...sorry. I was looking for Entei Training partners. That's why I'm a bit concerned with the jacket you're wearing. It's sending me mixed messages. 'cause, obviously, you either mugged an actual Entei, or got misplaced from Raikou."

-----"Okay, okay, I'll stop!" She burst into a giggling fit, snrk-snrk.

-----"Pyroar actually prefer open savannas with some trees, and a hectic switch between wet season and dry season. Also, I am in Entei," Eric explained.
-----"Also... Why would I mug anybody? I'm nothing like those Team Rocket scum..."

-----"What are you talking about? Stop with this… 'Pyroar' business! What even is a Pyroar, goddamn!
-----"I wasn't even-- I was literally just joking, Eric. Great flippin' Feebass!"
-----Kylie flailed an arm over head -- "Whoosh!"-- cracking a smile.

-----"I accept this business proposal," Eric answered. "But what's in it for me?"

-----Returning to the subject at hand, Kylie settled down--
-----"Right. I was being sarcastic about that too, by the way."
-------so it seemed, at first.
-----"I just wanted to get our fellow Entei's together for a joint training session. You don't have to know what that is. I'll tell you when we get there.
-----"'What's in it for you' -- your little 'Pyroar' family growing spines, I guess. If they followed you here across the wild... frontier, or wherever you effing said.
-----"But, basically, we're gonna need to gather up the rest of the dorm. 'cause it's a joint train-- whatever."

-----Her eye contact was infrequent, flitting left and right. Her arms wanted to do everything but keep at her sides. The girl was conscious of it all, so she closed her eyes and dedicated to another deep breath.
-----When she refocused, Kylie looked anxious.
-----"Do you know anyone else in Entei--?"

-----"I have not met anybody else. I've been a bit of a loner since I got here," Eric said. "You're the first human being to notice me since I've arrived."

-----She contorted with embarrassment, face blanched and biting her upper lip, and now she definitely wasn't looking straight at him anymore.
-----For the first time, a voice rose diffidently from the bellicose girl: "Really, huh? ...man.
-----"Well, look at it this way," Kylie added gently. "If you help me out with this, you can meet more of our dorm 'mates. And then maybe you won't be so much of a loner."

-----"Aye, I don't see why not. I sort of need to know who else is in the dorm. Maybe they'll be like a whole new 'pride' to me."
-----For the first time in over a year since the one human he ever loved suffered a tragic fate, Eric felt a bit of sheer joy and smiled.

-----Kylie responded with her own little nervous grin.
-----"Ah-hah. Yeah. That's the spirit, Eric! And our Pokemon can meet and get stronger and everything. It'll be great!
-----"All you have to do is look around and find the others, I guess. Anyone with a jacket like yours, yeah? Sorry, I don't really know where anyone else is either. But we can look around!
-----"Ooh! Actually-- do you have the, uh, attendance thingie? I feel like they passed out something with the... um..." Snap-snap, trying to recall. "Ahhh, lemme just--"
-----Kylie took to her pockets, rummaging through -- crumbling noises, a click, a hum -- "Oh, quiet, you." Finally, she turns to Eric once more, offering a folded pamphlet she received from yesterday's initiation. She says, "Look on the back. Every Entei student, guaranteed."

-----"I think I have it somewhere here...." he said, looking around the inside of his backpack, finding a similar piece of paper. "Got it. Two of us down. A few more to go!"

-----"Oh. You have one. I mean, I didn't really need mine but-- Meh..."_
-----She dropped her dejected arm.

-----"I'll let ya lead the way, Kylie," he added. Eric was intrigued by Kylie's personality, but still slightly confused about how to find the others. Then, it dawned on him.
-----"Let me tell ya somethin'. It may seem a bit odd comin' from me, but... The females of my pride needed my help tracking the herds of... Bouffalant, Zebstrika, or whatever other prey they decided to hunt, over long distances. So I'll, hopefully, be good at this."

-----Kylie stood, almost memorized, throughout the slew of foreign words.
-----She snapped from her wide-eyed trance: "Uhmm, that's... good. That you have a... strategy, too. I was thinkin' try the route... areas? I heard people were doing a lot of catching and stuff. But, uh, your way sounds fine too!"
-----Her voice ended very high and very fake.
-----"But you need a... _target_ to track, right? Lemme get you one."

-----Kylie's attention darted to the pamphlet, her eyes flashing across all the creases, until she stopped, held it up to Eric delineating the target with a finger. Then, she declared:
-----"DESMOND ALLEN. This boy's name is Desmond Allen. Can you go find, Desmond Allen, Eric?"

-----"Alrighty, then. Desmond? The route areas should be a good start. I didn't see anyone by the beach, though. Somewhere with open terrain would be ideal for my skills," he retorted. "Any ideas as to where?"

-----"What, you mean 'where to look,' Tarzan?" Kylie asked with a scowl.

-----He nodded.

-----"Shoot I dunno -- anywhere with wild 'mons, I guess. I don't know what Desmond's into, I don't know the dude.
-----"Reminds me, we need a place to meet up. Once you find Dizzy Al, can ya'll meet up at the battlefields? I should have... whoever else by then. It's, like, two other people I think. Shucks."

-----"Affirmative. Let's DO THIS!" Eric exclaimed.

-----The sudden excitement chased off Kylie's dismay. -----"Aye-o! Entei Battle Squad, turn UP!"

-----Eric obliged a fist bump.

-----"As you wish!" he said, holding the pamphlet after the fist bump, proceeding to look for this... Desmond.. Character.

RECRUITED: ERIC DAMON!
Yeah, you just… do that.

-----As he slid out of his seat and started out, Kylie let out another sigh, this one quick and of relief.
-----After him, she called, "Wait! You probably shouldn't bring up the 'Pyroar' thing when you find him!"

Last edited:

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Silvana Walcha Arle
q21lMKv.png
VLVnDyX.png
<table border='0'><tr><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding-top:6px;padding-left:6px;padding-right:6px;'>
4mGgxnX.png

Level 10
Moves
</td><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding-top:6px;padding-left:6px;padding-right:6px;'>
xkYVNey.png
</td><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding-top:6px;padding-left:6px;padding-right:6px;'>
xkYVNey.png
</td></tr><tr><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding-top:6px;padding-left:6px;padding-right:6px;'>
xkYVNey.png
xkYVNey.png
xkYVNey.png
</td></tr></table>​
...At the border of Oak Town, what appeared to be a giant inflated jigglypuff began to descend down toward the ground. It was perhaps quite the sight. Carbuncle wasn't exactly your average bird pokemon that you might expect to see, but she was definitely very effective at searching her trainer out. Because of how slow she moved compared to an actual flying type pokemon, it was easy for her to really take in all the details below. And of course, it helped that Oak Town wasn't exactly a big or crowded city--and that Silvana stuck out pretty hard with her blue and gold tiara. She'd already spotted her trainer and was moving in on the rather somber looking girl.

Ivrant kept following, stil looking like a mess from his beach shenanigans. He hadnt even put his shirt oranything back on and he had to put on his shoes while on the move so that was a bit of a hassle. Still, Ivrant tried to run and keep close but he was starting to slow down as he got to town, easily running out of breath. "W...where... is she going..." Ivrant panted heavily as she noticed the Jigglypuff starting to move into town and toward a very familiar face.

As Carbuncle released the air she'd swallowed, she slowly landed back on the ground. Or rather, she landed on a particular table right in front of Silvana and her new 'friend'. The rather somber looking magician-to-be lifted her hand and just sort of stared at Carbuncle for a moment. She didn't look too impressed. "Finally got bored and decided to check on me, huh?" Silvana asked rather flatly. ("No? Did you already go on an adventure without me??") Carbuncle responded, disregarding Silvana's sass. ("Oh? Is this yours~?") The emolga chilling on her breastplate chirped at Carbuncle in amusement.

Ivrant soon followed suit, walking toward Silvana and just nearly passing out on the ground as he got closer, struggling to catch his breath. He never ran such a distance before in his life! "H...hah... s...so.... she's... your trainer huh...? Hi Miss Arle... we saw her on the beach earlier..." Ivrant paused to keep gasping for air, trying to grasp the situation. They seemed to at least be reunited but it looked like she had another Pokemon on hand too? "You wouldnt uh... happy to have water would you?"

A moment of shock. ...What happened to his shirt?? Silvana quickly dismissed the idea and swallowed the knot that formed in her throat. Better not get distracted. "Yeah. Do you have a hair brush?" Silvana replied. Her hair was all messed up, in spite of her tiara's best efforts. ...Why would Ivrant have a hair brush? She didn't know. She was out of ideas. As she said this she produced a little glass vial with a good mouthful of what appeared to be water in it. That almost looked like a potion vial! Uh oh~!

"Hah... s...sorry I didn't think to bring one..." Ivrant said but chances are he wouldn't have brought one along with him anyways. He looked up at the water being poured in the vial. At this rate he wasn't gonna argue with how he drank it. "T-thanks though I didn't imagine Oak Town was that far away."

The water!! ...It... tastes like water, but has a mildly sharp tingling sensation on Ivrant's tongue. Water ought not tingle like that. "It's fiiine... I bet I look like a mess." Silvana lamented. ("She's your trainer? She couldn't train a pet rock!") the emolga sassed. ("...I'm not a rock.") Carbuncle replied, deliberately missing the point.

Ivrant drank most of the strange water that rolled along the tongue before stopping midway. "Ack! W...what... what is this?" Ivrant wondered aloud. It clearly wasn't water! It tasted way too weird to be that! Was it poison? Did she think he kidnapped Carbuncle? He thought it seemed clear enough! "T...this isn't water...!"

Silvana looked up, and for the first time she didn't look completely exasperated with the situation. "--Hold on. Let me see that?" she replied, moving to take the vial back. She hesitated a moment to consider the sanitary issues with what she was about to do, but there really wasn't another option. She tilted her head back and let what remained of the drink roll out into her mouth. The mage promptly flinched as it unexpectedly gave her a little shock. Huh? " . . . Oh! I think I know what happened." Silvana replied, putting the vial away. "While I was getting shocked by this ...wonderful pokemon my potions absorbed some of the electrical energy. Now they're electricity potions!" Silvana explained, smiling slightly now that she was able to get back to something more familiar to her. "They don't really do much on their own, but they serve as a base for some other potions. ...Now if only I had any ingredients to make use of these." Silvana finished explaining, returning to lament her failure to collect anything of value.

Y'know, besides the bully emolga currently sassing Carbuncle back and forth.

"U-uh... this isnt going to hurt me is it? These potions?" Ivrant asked in concern seeing he chugged half of it. Note to self... don't ask for water from weird magic girls again. Next thing he knew, he would grow a tail or something odd like that.

"Nope! ...Not anymore than it already did, anyway. There's a really cool potion you can make with one of those and a pokemon's rain dance that lets you conjure up storms, though!" Silvana replied rather eagerly. "I always wanted to try that one out, but Carby never lets me." Silvana went on to explain, glancing down at her jigglypuff.

"...Storms huh?" Yeah this girl was nuts. He had to get out of here somehow but chances are he'd have alot more encounters in the future at this rate. "That uh... seems neat." Ivrant said as he finally got up onto his feet after staying on the ground for so long. "Well glad you got reuinited with Carby there... was a bit concerned to see her on her own like that. I guess I have Dynamo to thank for the communication." Ivrant pointed to his Rosellia who formally bowed to Silvana.

Ivrant might catch Silvana giving him a shrewd look. She's peering into your soul, Ivrant!! For a moment she just sat there looking up at him rather knowingly. She could tell he didn't like her very much. " . . . Yeah. It's not like I got held hostage by a wild squirrel pokemon or anything while she was away." Silvana sarcastically remarked in a rather distant tone. The emolga hopped out of her breastplate to butt heads with Carbuncle rather competitively. It looked like they might fight! "--Knock it off you hams." Silvana gently scolded, not particularly interested in that battle. "...Thanks for bringing her back. Though. It means a lot to me." Silvana replied, offering a subdued smile to Dynamo. Her tone hinted that she was a bit put off, though.

Oh geez Ivrant made it awkward now. His opinion of her wasn't very high in the first place though. Going into the wild without your Pokemon? That was the first thing they told you not to do in towns! It was completely reckless of a trainer to do...was she in the Raikou Dorm? Ivrant held back from stereotyping as that'd just make him a total hypocrite after what he talked about earlier. He just sort of rubbed his head a bit awkardly. "Looks like we've both had a pretty crazy day so far huh? Um... I should probobly get myself dressed and cleaned off. I'll see you round Miss Arle. Good luck in your adventures!" Ivrant said, giving off a small wave before heading on off.

Last edited:

forg

ba-dum tssss. [icon]coffee-pot[/icon]
Years

Dorothy Roseland

The Beach

Dorothy arrived at her beach setup and let out a huff of relief. Although slightly disturbed, the items weren't torn or broken. Whilst thankful she snatched her belongings, but faint movement within the interior of the backpack was felt. Alarmed, the trainer swiftly got to her bag and set it on to the sand beneath. Upon kneeling to reach the zipper a muffled pooooooi was heard.

Pupui had awoken.

It wasn't all terrible. Now that her companion can freely maneuver she can stuff the towel and umbrella in their place. And that's what she proceeded to do. Pupui's blanket and earmuffs were left behind as he leaped out into the outside.

Poli! Pupui absorbed the scenery with a wide grin. For a moment he was convinced he leaped into the dorm where boredom could swallow him whole... why else would he roll on the floor?

Dorothy gave him a back scratch as a reward for not awakening in the library. Not that he knew it was a task to begin with for had he been asked he miiiiiight have disobeyed. The only indication of her presence in the library were the texts she was clinging on to.

"Do you wanna see?" Dorothy asked, having noticed his wandering gaze. One book was being held on each hand, covers facing the poliwag. "I'm going to try to be a better... a b-better... um." Even now she couldn't bring up her failure to her companion. "...I'm going to try to train and find a new friend for you," she said instead. It wasn't the original intention, capturing a Pokémon to keep Pupui company, but the thought of it somehow gave her a better spirit. Maybe then Pupui wouldn't pester others on a constant basis.

Pupui bounced in approval, eyes sparkling in anticipation. "I just need to read t-these... and find out where t-to go," Dorothy replied in response to his reaction, albeit the stares of passerby unnerved her.

Dorothy didn't realize how heavy Pupui weighed until she slipped the backpack back on. It was a feather to her now sore shoulders. Thinking back, he weighed around 25 pounds... almost two bowling balls? Or was it one? She couldn't recall.

Voices and sounds meshed together at the beach, dulled by the crashing waves. They smelled good too, enveloping the coast with the iconic smell of the sea.

"Let's go! We're going to... um. Go somewhere we can find a Ground-type Pokémon." A book was gently eased into the backpack. The leftover book was then opened, crackling as if it were newly bought. New book scents always sent Dorothy into memory lane; mental imagery regarding her childhood made their appearances on the dozens.

Pupui amused himself with the sand. He dug, blanketed himself, danced, twirled, and circled Dorothy in eagerness. Thanks to the girl he was now longing to interact with a new teammate.

The duo began to make their exit from the beach. "...um. I guess we could find a place with a lot of ground types?" Dorothy asked to no one in particular. Definitely not the open fields. Definitely not there, not where more snakes can abscond with her items. It can happen anywhere of course, but having lived through it in that area consequently made her fearful of the place. For now.

The beach contained witnesses to her training, prompting Dorothy to mentally cross that area out of the list as well. There's no signs of a desert on the island either, but there are mountains and possibly caves. Looking there would be their best bet.

The book was shut and replaced by the map. To her luck the caves weren't too far off - a mere 10 minutes at most.​

The Open Fields

However, ten minutes couldn't have seemed longer. Pushing through the Open Fields is taking longer than presumed. Fear had some fault in this, seeing as how Dorothy paused every so often to take a quick glance around. Pupui didn't carry a care in the world, rolling and swaying behind his trainer. He began to daydream about the potential friends that might be added to the roster; Could it be an adorable mouse like Pichu? Maybe it could end up in the form of an intimidating Gastly? More like disturbing to Pupui. Cute like Buneary? How about a powerful ally like a dragon? Those exist right? Pupui couldn't recall.

Dorothy glanced to her left and caught a glimpse of a small purple figure. It becomes a blur as soon as she tilts her head, causing Dorothy to overthink.

Po. Popopopopopopopo! Pupui bellowed out, like a spring as he bounced in place. A minute felt like an eternity to the tadpole, who displayed annoyance upon her skittish nature. ....poooooooiiiiii. With that let out he dashed on forward, startling Dorothy. "W-wait! Pupui wait!"​

The Mountains

Pupui was the first to step upon the land of mountains. Whether it was welcoming or not didn't matter to the tadpole, who was now standing by.

The mountains towered over them, casting shadows upon the landscape. It intimidated Dorothy, reminding her of how insignificant she felt. Her shirt stature didn't help either.

Dorothy's pace slowed upon approaching the rocky terrain. Specks of dirt would be thrashed around by the wind that sometimes transformed into fleeting dust clouds. Rocks dotted the area varying from various colors and textures.

"Okay um... I guess we're here." She was neither dressed or prepared for such a landscape. Blunt rocks, unsteady slopes, eye-irritating dust, and the prospect of unlit caves gnawed at her. Moreover pain wasn't tolerated well by the young girl. Anything can ensue in such a setting.

Poli poi poi! Pupui skipped ahead in content, setting free his elation through endless skips and hops. Dorothy budged a foot before referring to the Pokénav Plus, or cell as it's normally referred to, for an update on Pupui. "Okay um... oh! You already know hypnosis? I didn't know that, wow..." Pupui gained Hypnosis. Water Sport, Ice Beam, Bubble Beam, Water Gun, and Toxic remained.

Cries and distinct Pokémon calls were heard in the distance. It was intimidating to Dorothy, yet she was determined to force herself into training. If only she could figure out where to begin.

The sound of burrowing caught their atttention, and it was getting closer and closer. Pupui chased after the source without hesitation. Dorothy however felt her body stiffen. Was she ready? Will it be a challenging Pokémon? She watched as a trail of disturbed dirt was left on the critter's path. It was heading for a dead end.

"Pupui! I... I think w-we can do this!" Dorothy hollered out with determination. Her water type nodded in agreement, stretching before the match. "O-okay um... well... follow that poké!"

Poi!

They trail the critter into a dead end, where it made its appearance from the safety of the underground.

It was a Diglett!

A jittery Poliwag awaited orders, eyes locking with that of the opponent. The small Diglett attempted to escape, but Pupui would block their path with a water gun.

"Okay... here we g-go... um... u-uh." Time slowed, mind engulfed by uncertainty and fright. Pupui kept them cornered whilst Dorothy had become rigid from trepidation. Within the minutes the Diglett took notice, slipping past Pupui's vision and Dorothy's.

Once Pupui let out a sudden call she returned to Earth. "Go water gun!" Dorothy had immediately blurted out upon awakening. Pupui did as she said, scanning the field for the runaway Diglett. She blinked and felt her palpitating heart, growing frustrated that she had mentally locked up. "I-w-why-"

Water blocked the Diglett's escape, pinning them back to the dead end. Their face was that of hopelessness, sweating from the prospect of fainting, defeat, and possible capture. It was satisfying to Pupui, seemingly delighted by the show of power, yet Dorothy began to feel... guilt. Why? Was she feeling like scum for hurting this innocent creature? Why now?

Why was it difficult for her without her parents?

Poliiiii! Poi! the tadpole sung out, sidestepping and awaiting commands. Dorothy gulped at the sight of the terrified Diglett shivering from terror. But it was an easy defeat... But she could also find another who wants to brawl.

Pupui's enthusiasm died down, eyes now examining Dorothy out of confusion. ...po?

Like lightning the diglett made a run for their life, burrowing past the duo, but not without dodging a tackling tadpole by a mere inch. "O-oh no he's escaping!" Deep inside she felt relieved at this, feeding into her doubts.

Pupui refused to let them go. With energy to spill he chased them down, albeit with a hasty waddle. Dorothy followed suit with her own awkward run. "W-wait! Pupui, wait!" The Pokémon did a marathon around the landscape, eventually leading into a large cavern. Pupui didn't halt. Instead he dove right into the mouth of the descending cave, exhilarated by the experience.

Dorothy wasn't as brave. The gaping size of the entrance and the accompanying black void inside sent shivers down her spine. "P-Pupui? Pupui! Come back!! W-we can find more Poké ou-out here!"

The lack of reply worried her. A minute was given to culminate an answer, but not even a pin drop was heard coming from inside the darkness. She took a step forward, but flinched and returned back. "...Pu...Pupui?" Dorothy knelt down, exhausted from the chase that winded her. "Pupui! Please come back! P-please... I... pleeaaase..." The pitch-black interior tugged at her subconscious, her fear of what lurks within it beginning to consume her. Whatever courage was left had been drained, face pale.

Meanwhile Pupui ventured too far into the cavern, having lost sight of the diglett long ago. He was beginning to realize this was a mistake to do. Unlike Dorothy he wasn't afraid of the dark, proving so by bumping and feeling his way through.

But he had lost his sense of direction.
css credit: twilightblade

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Silvana Walcha Arle
q21lMKv.png
VLVnDyX.png
<table border='0'><tr><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding-top:6px;padding-left:6px;padding-right:6px;'>
4mGgxnX.png

Level 10
Moves
xkYVNey.png
xkYVNey.png
</td></tr><tr><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding-top:6px;padding-left:6px;padding-right:6px;'>
xkYVNey.png
xkYVNey.png
xkYVNey.png
</td></tr></table>​
Eventually, Silvana had to try and get up. Eventually, she had to try and get some control back over her life. And of course, that went about as well as she expected it to.

The sound of a shrill "KYAAAAA!!" filled the air near the pokemart, the sound of a girl's shriek of alarm as an emolga bounced all over her and attacked her hair and face. One could turn and observe Silvana stumbling about, trying to swat the rather vicious pokemon off of her while a rather frantic looking jigglypuff bounced around her feet and shouted incoherently at the emolga while waving her arms. You could just see the frustration from everyone involved. "Get it off--Carbuncle, get it off!" Silvana pleaded. Frustrated and at a loss, Carbuncle promptly blasted Silvana's face with a beam of ionized energy fired from her mouth. That was charge beam! ...The emolga bounced off at the last moment, leaving Silvana to get shot by the beam of electricity. Her already messed up hair stood on end, knocking her tiara clean off her head as she seized up and fell over, twisting rather awkwardly to avoid falling on someone nearby. Instead, she fell at their feet. A little groan escaped her. She certainly looked like a mess, with scratches all over her face and the smell of singed hair in the air.

Naomi glanced up at the sound, the girl foolishly thinking that she might get to enjoy a small bit of peace and quiet after the whole ordeal with Desmond. She could not properly form words at the sight was before her. A Jigglypuff and an Emolga were both currently at each other's throats, over what the girl couldn't be sure. However if she had to put her finger on it, Naomi would have figured that it might have had something to do with the small girl who was currently laying on the ground in obvious pain.

"Whatever this is... it's none of my business..." Naomi thought, as she finally managed to finish a cigarette without interruption.

Under normal circumstances, the teenager would have left the smaller girl on the ground to her own devices. That said, there was something... odd about her, something that made Naomi take more notice of her than she would have cared to. Perhaps it was the strange clothing she was wearing. Maybe it had something to do with the rather... eccentric name that she used for her Jigglypuff. It could have had something to do with how pathetic the poor girl looked. Regardless, Naomi instantly started berating herself as she rose up from the bench she had currently been seated at and slowly made her way over to the fallen girl. She stared at her quietly for a moment, as if analyzing the scene that had just played out for a bit longer, before slowly prodding the toe of her boot into the girl's side.

"Hey... Uh... are ya still alive...?" she inquired.

"Grk..." Silvana blurted out, choking a bit on her words as she squirmed against the other's touch. Awkwardly sitting up, she seemed a bit dispirited. Maybe a bit out of it? " . . . Physically speaking? Or are we talking about my pride?" Silvana replied rather flatly. With a wince, she got herself back up and plucked a cherry red potion from her person while the emolga laughed at her jigglypuff. What even was that? It bubbled with energy as she uncorked it before moving to drink the entire mixture. "Sorry... I'm having a rough day." Silvana explained with slightly more energy in her voice. Perhaps to the surprise of anoyne watching, the cuts on her face were rapidly beginning to heal! Now all she had to do was wash her face.

"What... how...?" Naomi questioned, her eyes widening as she watched the work of... whatever it was that the petite girl drank. Pushing the thought back, she returned to the conversation at hand. "Tell me about it... And it's only the first day." Naomi paused, her eyes drifting back to the empty bottle in the girl's hand and then back to her face which was now almost completely devoid of scratches now. "Um... How... What exactly did ya just drink...?"

"You too?" Silvana asked, curiously looking into Naomi's eyes as she began attempting to finger comb her hair to the best of her ability. It was then that she realized her tiara had fallen off and began looking around herself for it! ...Oh, there it was. She bent over to pick it up and place it back onto her head. Turning back to Naomi and offering her a little smile, she chose to ignore the two fighting pokemon nearby. They weren't amounting to much. "That? That was a homemade potion~ It's made of ground berries and cooked with a pokemon's fire. It's more effective than the 'potions' you can find in a pokemart~" Silvana explained, taking a moment to brag. She was, of course, leaving out a few details. However, it wasn't important unless someone actually wanted to be taught.

"Homebrewed medicine... Got it," Naomi answered bluntly. More effective was just an understatement, however. While Naomi wasn't all that experienced with battling and medicines, she was fairly certain that the standard potions... even stronger ones such as Super Potions and Hyper Potions weren't able to just whisk away all the damage that a Pokémon took in battle. On top of that, she was fairly certain that they weren't fit for human consumption or use. "If this kid is makin' stuff this strong, why ain't she sellin' the stuff? It's clear that she obviously knows what she's doin'... Wait, is this even legal to make without a liscense or somethin'...?"

Naomi visibly groaned. This girl, she was putting far too much interest and thought into. She had just come over to check and see if she wasn't seriously injured. Why was she even still hanging around her?

She glanced over at the fighting Pokémon, then back towards the girl again. "Ya... should probably take care of that, don't ya think? It's just gonna get worse if ya don't..."

Silvana hesitated a moment, glancing over her shoulder at the two fighting pokemon. " . . . I guess." she replied rather reluctantly. She didn't seem to have much interest in the idea herself. "I don't know what to do, though. That pokemon's been following me around and bothering me all day. I just wanted to find more ingredients for my potions." Silvana lamented. Battling the emolga accomplished nothing on its own. She could be observed considering her options while the two pokemon turned to observe her expectantly.

Naomi rolled her eyes. Of course, the girl had some absolutely awkward quirk. "...Have ya tried catchin' it...?"

"Hehe, I don't own any spare pokeballs." Silvana sheepishly replied. She had so little money as it was!

"Well... that's too bad," Naomi replied, her facial expression doing little to show she had much interest in this sudden development.

"Yeah, I guess..." Silvana replied rather lamely. She then turned to Naomi, offering her a bright smile. She had a very cute face full of life! ...When you ignore the still remaining tiny bloodstains from the scratches earlier. She still hadn't had a chance to clean those off. "My name's Silvana, and this is Carby." Silvana explained, gesturing briefly to the jigglypuff behind her. "It's our first year on the island, but I guess our first day is going to be spent trying to figure some things out for ourself before we get into class." Silvana finished explaining rather bashfully.

"Naomi," the taller girl replied, offering a quick introduction. She glanced down at the younger, still somewhat disshelved looking girl. Naomi couldn't place her finger on it, but there was just... something about her. For some reason, there was just... something that kept her from being as absolutely annoying as she should have been. The other three students she had met today hadn't taken any time for her to practically losing her mind, but Silvana... She was just... different somehow.

"Today must've been a bigger drain than I thought..." Naomi thought with a sigh. The girl slipped her bag off her shoulder, dropping it to the ground in a hurry. She muttered to herself as she dug through its contents, before suddenly pulling out a spare Poké Ball and essentially forcing it into the girl's hands. "Here. Take it."

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
WHAT'S NEW, KK?
day 1 ♡ 05 : 12 : 14 ♡ outside entei dormitory
-----"When you find him -- calm down, Maleko, goddammit! When you find him-- stay. Stop flapping--! Sit still!"

The Mantyke got like this sometimes, all anxious and exuding a puddle of mess -- he knew better than to "slip" after about a year; his pores were overreacting like he was, spreading saponaceous fluid into the pavement.
----------Maleko frolicked in his little island of wet, vying to wear his Trainer's jacket like a giant veil as he bumped up against her outstreched hand.

Kylie Kahale made a snort of disgust.
----------"I've taught you better," she scolded, and in a beat, raised her arm pinching the collar even higher.

Just missing it, Maleko gave a twirp both bitter and capitulating, and floated to the ground again.

"When you're ready to start acting like a Kaiō, I'll give it to you. But you have to listen first."
----------She was running out of dry terrain, so Kylie readjusted onto the tips of her sneakers.

The spurt in height meant Maleko went drifting down again without his letterman prize.

"Okay, who's King of the Sea?"

He rocked listlessly on his back, murmuring.

"Yeahh, that's right, Maleko. Now, let's review! You're gonna find Rosa Summers while Junn and I check the dorms. And you'll know when you find Rosa based on this."

Mantyke had found fascinating form, far above them, in the clouds as they lingered over a stretch of mid-afternoon blue. Their deliberation was contagious. He, in fact, found activity harder to force. As if he was gliding, and his eyes were even glazing over--

The signature red, white, and gold sliced through the picturesque scene, and he freaked.

"Alright, alright, quit squeakin' like that! Behave, we're pretty much-- Look, do you know what I want you to do, Maleko? Show that you get me."

Maleko instead took advantage of Kylie's slacking grip and snatched the jacket right from her.
----------He launched off into the courtyard with a sweet, victorious cry of hallelujah. The verdant expanse about him was dew-sprinkled in his leaps and bounds, his haul draped over tiny, fluttering wings as he lifted as high as the bulk would let him in O holy rejoice.

"Fine," Kylie sighed, rising to her feet.

Her gaze followed Maleko's happy dance across the lawn, out past the tended flowerbeds and brick path leading to the august entrance of 'Lair de Entei.'
----------To the far right hailed a statue of polished brass, surrounded by flat, oriental-style torches which danced fearlessly about the beast -- its right paw rested on recreated ruin, its maw wide like that of a noble dragon's, its mane falling long over its face. She called it the Beast with the Headdress -- she was memorized by that natural crest and slope of fur that made it look eternally, inherently ready for war -- but she knew this was Entei, emblematic to Kylie in her Hoennese upbringing only of her placement here. Passing Him today, and now returning to Him, had her suspect a connection nonetheless; she knew not His story, but there was an ardent passion portrayed in those ruby gem pupils, even in this embellished simulacrum, that she wanted to mirror.
----------It was atop Entei, too, that Kylie found especial interest in a little, onion-headed creature, feet together, palms up, balanced on the head of the great warlord of Pokémon Trainer Academy.

To Junn, there was never too much lotus one could indulge in, but her focus was far less intense then that morning. She met Kylie's eyes as her Trainer approached, motionless though curious.

"We should start looking soon. Can you believe where the day goes? We haven't even gotten any Training in!"

The Meditite's look hardened with concern.

The inanity of what Kylie was blathering struck her when Junn made that face, that "stay-mindful" face when she let the impermanence of time actually get to her.
----------She changed the subject. "Hey, have you seen how many people go to this school? They're from all over the world, and I've only met one from Hoenn. Kinda makes you homesick, doesn't it?"

Her partner wasn't ready to grant her credit just yet. She only gave an empty shrug in response.
----------With a grunt, Junn slid down the face of the Entei statue -- caught momentarily on His paw, eyes going wide, before letting go altogether and floating with some hesitance down onto proper footing.

Kylie, laughing from her perch on the statue base: "Heh, you never do any floating when you're fighting. Why's it a safety net?"

Junn didn't follow; she didn't see any meshwork or fishing supplies.

"Er-- why not float during a battle, Junn?"

The Meditite considered, ultimately signalling her preference as she came down lightly on Kylie's knee in a chopping motion.

"Pff, you can't always fight like I do. Maleko doesn't cop my style all the time.
----------"Ain't that right, Sea King?"

The Mantine was busy rolling, rolling, rolling about in the grass.
----------On cue, a blocky object slipped out of one of the varsity jacket's gaping pockets -- it bashed roughly into the ground.

Kylie shot up. "Eeeyah! Maleko Kahale!"

(On that note, he let the jacket onto the ground before finding great interest someplace beyond his Trainer.)

"That thing's already older than Grammy and her Drampa combined! Jeez, get yourself in check! That's our map!"

Sighing, Junn crossed the yard to the Mantine and his turmoil. Maleko decided to sneak a melodramatic, faux-crying face in their mutual Trainer's direction.
----------With the 'Nav recovered in her hand, Junn felt urged to clock the Mantyke between his bobbing antennae, before he could realize.

"Oh Spoink balls, don't you bang that against anything--"
----------Kylie closed in on the duo, dropping to her knees again as she took her Pokenav from Junn's mitts, it buzzing grotesquely all the while. Something like the fractured face of a newscaster flashed onscreen before -- zzrt; a sound of fraying wire, and the whole thing froze.
----------"C'mon!" Kylie shook the device, and as the keyboard flopped uselessly by its hinges, there was some sensation of movement. Ultimately, she may as well have imagined it. The screen fizzed and flickered like a tellie without a signal; at that point, she hadn't the strength to do anything but concede.

We've encountered technical difficulties!

"Screw it. I can't fix this." She turned to Maleko. "If this broke for good, you're paying for it."

Maleko wondered how many pockets he'd have to rifle through unnoticed to meet that expectation.

"With your life. I'm gonna deep-fry you like a halibut meal."

Kylie aimed a jab that soared over Mantyke's head. He was quick in avoiding any others.
----------With resolve contradicting his behavior so far that day, he took to the skies with a sheepish grin, wheeling around his Trainer as she jovially punched the air where he'd been.
----------With a chirp, he sailed off, disappearing above the dormitory roof.

"Jeez." Kylie stood, wiping moisture off her legs.
----------A draft went with Maleko, ridden by a hint of smoke, raising skin exposed in summer clothes. The girl looked for the article her mate had left behind.

After a brief, wandering disinterest, Junn had found it first -- the prized, the coveted, the distinguished Entei jacket, which sent a shiver of glee through her so instantaneous she failed to snuff it from her Trainer's attuned sense. Junn never acted on impulse; this, instead, was destiny. And just as Kylie recognized that twinge of excitement, the duo psy-fighter stood giddy in an oversized, baggy-fitted bundle of boiled wool.

"Oh you." It was all Kylie could say, exasperated, but not enough to take for granted Junn's romp about the courtyard. Triumphant, just like a little Mantyke they both knew, her sleeves dragging in the grass, as she strutted "human-style," muttering those tongues called "Engrish," and hunching over a "portable electronic device."
----------The Meditite veered in her performance, responding to Kylie's giggling fit with played-up seriousness, going "Yo-yo-yo" as she swiveled her wrist back and forth above her head. Her other hand cupped above her mouth, she seemed fond of her new 'Yung Yogi' look.
----------"Oh, wow, that's me?" In another twist, Junn started hopping in place, clenched fists guarding her face as she jabbed once, jabbed again. Her stature sagged as she did so, strikes becoming increasingly sloppy as they were unleashed, until, in mock exhaustion, Jun was more-or-less just swiping the air.
----------"Ohmigod, my stance is never that bad."
----------At the same pace, Junn's hands clapped against her cheeks, exaggerating her lips--
----------"See, that's cold!"
------------before collapsing with a wail in a pile of implied paperwork -- blades of grass torn up and thrown about. The Meditite's mitts dug into her scalp as her big eyes flitted back and forth, panicked and dreading and fearful.

"Alright, Mime Jr., enough. Gimme my jacket."
----------Kylie dipped forward, but her partner recoiled, her limps and that jacket dangling as she elevated, sniggering, out of reach.
----------"You suck!" the Trainer joked, and Junn stuck her tongue out, crossed her arms "unimpressed." She criticized relentlessly, gesturing frequently, with finger wagging and thumbs-downing, all with an exaggerated scowl. Nothing was ever good enough!

"Where are you even going with this?" Kylie dared to ask.
----------Her partner responded with rapt, paralyzing fear. Like a Zigzagoon caught digging through garbage, she gasped, then collapsed unconscious onto the ground.

"What? You think I'm scared? Naaah-HA-HA, that's so stupid! I'm not-- Okay, but seriously, did you see that Eric dude? Did you feel the bad vibes just coming straight out of him? I'm not being bigoted or nothin', he was just seriously, genuinely suspect.
----------"I don't want Entei to be a grab-bag like Raikou. I don't want it to be the 'not-good-enough-for-Suicune' loonie bin, that's all. And there's only, like, four of us, so we could be worse off than Raikou, who knows."
----------Junn didn't take to tirades well, and Kylie, recognizing she'd fell into one, chased the sentiment with, "I want to get to know my dorm mates better. I really do! It's just--"

The articulation never came. The Meditite lay stoic on the lawn, returning to her state of tranquility, though there was an air of disappointment about herself as Kylie approached to reclaim her jacket.
----------Junn was bashful in submitting, tugging its edge like a child after it slipped onto her Trainer's shoulders once again.

Kylie said gently, "Let's get some training in, Junn. If no one comes around, you can at least punch Maleko in the face. I know you like doing that, at least."

Renewed, Junn nodded affirmatively.

"Where's the little bottom-feeder anyway?" the Entei continued. "He better not be slacking on the job. It shouldn't take that long to spot somebody nearby, or something must be holding him up."

Junn is released beside her Trainer who unfortunately didn't get the memo.
Maleko is released and hopefully scouting for fellow Enteis.

Last edited:

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Ivrant Lehort: Oak Town

Ivrant finally had a chance to get to a nearby Pokemon Center to heal up his team once more but he was a bit concerned how he came off to that Miss Arle girl. Sure that whole talk about potions was concerning and the idea of a young girl making medicine from ingredients found in the wood is even more reason to be concerned but chances are she saw him in a negative light now with how he came off. How could someone just forget a Pokemon like that though? It bothered Ivrant to no end that students like that were here... still he supposed everyone was learning here but even then, common sense was common sense. He finally slipped his t-shirt back onto him after he sat down to catch a breather and made his way outside of the Pokemon Center.

"Alright... I think I'm pretty good as far as catching Pokemon goes... I don't think I have anything else I have to do. Maybe I'll just look around town for a bit... well after I rest my legs a bit." Ivant huffed and sat down at a nearby bench. "geez..."

Years
Shelby Hampton

Shelby quietly finished her lunch, occasionally glancing over to Audrey's table, letting out an exasperated huff. It probably wasn't very healthy (and even a bit stalkerish) for her to obsess over what her sister was doing, but she couldn't help but watch her… and feel a bit jealous. She could only dream of being able to talk to people like her sister. She had only talked to one other person so far. Even if she didn't really want to be at this school, she didn't want to spend her time here being a complete loser. She chewed on her lip as she returned her tray and let out a shriek when a hand clamped down on her shoulder. She turned and flinched when she saw her sister staring her down. Guess she wasn't going to avoid her after all.

"Shelby, I've been looking all over for you! Where have you been?"

"Um, at the library?" The statement came out as more of a question. She hadn't even gone into the building because she was too nervous to talk to anyone. Audrey's eyes lit up as she wrapped an arm around her sister's shoulder and started leading her to the table. Shelby felt her heart start to beat out of her chest. She was fairly decent at one on one conversations, but there was no way she'd be able to introduce herself to an entire group of people without stumbling over her words. She tugged at a loose thread on her sweater and breathed a sigh of relief when Audrey did all the talking. Her face flushed when she realized that she had the attention of an entire table of her peers, and she distracted herself by taking her glasses off and wiping them with the edge of her sweater.

"If you'll excuse us, my sister and I have some errands to run," Audrey announced, pulling Shelby along with her before she could even blink. Shelby put her glasses back on and sighed irritably. This was exactly why she had wanted to avoid her sister. She hadn't even agreed to run any "errands" with her, and she was being dragged along anyway. She returned Cream to her Pokeball and looked up at Audrey, who was staring ahead intently. They walked in silence until they reached town, when Audrey said that she was going shopping and left for the store. Shelby stared after her and frowned. Why would her sister make her come with her if she was just going to be left alone anyway? She would have followed her, but shopping with Audrey was absolutely terrible and she wanted no part of it.

I guess I'll just... wait for her to come out?

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
Years
Eric Damon was looking around for some guy named Desmond. He had no idea where to look, so he went around Oak Town, wandering aimlessly while looking for someone who looked like a "Desmond."

However, a random Suicune student noticed him, and started to pick on him.

"How's it going, Mowgli?" The first one asked. "You don't belong here, wild boy!"
Eric clenched his fists in anger, despising this bully already.

"You have no idea who you're messing with, you bastard." Eric was trying to keep his cool, but was failing to do so.

"HELP!" Eric shouted. "SOMEBODY! ANYBODY!"

Eric hoped Kylie, or anyone else, would come to his aid.

He then knelt down in prayer, with the bully staring blankly.

"Arceus won't help you here." The bully smirked,
Eric flashed his middle finger to this punk, and started to ask Arceus for help.

"Arceus, hear my plea. Give me the strength I need to put this brute back in his place. Or, at the very least, send someone to help me out here. Please, I beg of you."

Megaman765

Years
Ivrant Lehort: Shopping!

Now that he had all of his Pokemon properly healed up he figured he may as well do a it of window shopping while he was all the way in town. He could change into something more comfortable later, even though he looked like a mess from his beach trip. He didn't plan on spending anything yet but itd be nice to know what their selection of pokemon products were. Especially the TMs He still had to see what his new Pokemon could pull off. It was called a Sandgast according to the nurse. Who would have thought that a Pokemon like that even existed? Maybe it was originally from another region.

Still, one thing at a time, After putting his Suicune jacket back on, Ivrant headed to the closest store and started to check out the selection on display through the windows. It'd at least give him a good idea of what was inside. As he browsed the outside of the store he felt himself accidentally nudge up against somebody else who seemed to be just as tall as Dorothy. At this rate this was going to be a trend. "Ah, sorry about that" He said, moving over a bit. Of course, being the social little butterfly he was, he quickly engaged conversation. "You here to shop too? Was curious what their TM selection was... a bit low on money myself but nice to have something worth saving for right?" Ivrant said to Shelby.

Last edited:
Years
Shelby Hampton

Shelby let out an embarrassing squeak as she was bumped into. Her cheeks flamed as she looked up at the boy, who was apparently in the same dorm as Audrey. She blinked up at him dazed for a few moments before realizing that she was supposed to respond. Her blush only deepened. She hadn't had any trouble talking to Dorothy earlier. Then again, Dorothy wasn't a cute boy. She started twirling a stray strand of hair around her finger, hoping that she didn't look like a complete idiot by now. It was no wonder Audrey hadn't even trusted her to introduce herself earlier in the cafeteria. She was a complete loser. Any friends she had ever made only talked to her because her sister made them talk to her.

"I was kind of... dragged here. Literally. My sister wanted to do some shopping and then she left me in the dust. I would have gone with her, but shopping with her is a bit annoying." Shelby sighed as she looked at the products through the window. She could see her sister looking over the shelves, her icy eyes narrowed as she examined everything carefully. Audrey was very picky in the things she bought, only choosing the very best of the best. She could spend hours looking between two products before eventually choosing one. The elder Hampton twin had a terrible habit of overspending, which sucked when they were on a budget. Like now. Shelby bit her lip and made a silent prayer. Dear Arceus, please don't let Audrey spend all our money on the first day...

"So, um... Is today your first day here too? I can see that you're in the same dorm as my sister is. Oh wait, I should probably introduce myself first before I start being nosy! My name's Shelby."

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Dallas Yukira:
Location: Running From Forest, stopping in Oak Town: @Aoife Breen

Dallas was about to enter the forest with Aoife, but before they could enter, his normal Vulpix popped out of its ball and ran away at full speed toward Oak Town.

"Wait Blaze! Where are you going!?" Dallas yelled, calling his pokemon Blaze instead of Blazey.

The pokemon not showing any signs of stopping, Dallas turned to Aoife.

"I am so so sorry! My pokemon has never done that before. Maybe we can try berry picking some other time. Again I am so sorry! And thank you for the ideas on how to cook some things." Dallas apologized, bowing and then turning to chase after the little fire fox pokemon.

Dallas ran across the road, nearly crushing a poor Caterpie who was scooting along at the wrong time.

"Sorry!" Dallas yelled to the pokemon.

"Thank Arceus that wasn't a Weedle..." Dallas told himself, still running after his pokemon.

Vulpix had ran into the town and stopped in the middle of an ally way. It was eating, what looked like crushed berries mixed with something else, on a plate.

"What are you eating Blazey?" Dallas asked, walking to his pokemon and putting his finger in the mix away from where the vulpix was eating. He brought his finger to his nose, smelling it and then trying it.

"Hmm this tastes like Passho Berries...." He thought for a minute, "mixed with honey." He finished.

He looked around, noticing that he was in an ally, away from view of most people who would be in town.

"This was set here on purpose.... that means.... someone set this for Blazey to to take." Dallas said, looking around.

"You would be right Raikou rind!" A male stepped around the corner, he was wearing red and had a smirk on his face.

"Don't try to run, because there is no escape from this ally." Another male stepped around the opposite corner, also wearing red.

Dalles smirked, "So you are the ones that were watching me earlier? I thought I felt someone looking at me."

"So what if we were. But for your information, we had a scout targeting Raikou students that would make easy targets to make money from." One of the males said.

"So... what makes you so sure I am a Raikou member? I mean, just look. I'm not wearing yellow? In fact, what makes you so sure I am even a student? Maybe I am a really short teacher who just got here? Did you think about that?" Dallas asked, letting his hands move up in down, making them look at his clothing.

"Don't try to be smart Raikou rind. Our... ally... saw you go in and out of the cafeteria. They saw you cooking. There is no way you could be anything else. Now give us your money or we will take it by force." One of the males said.

Dallas smiled and shrugged, "Maybe. Regardless I am not giving you my money."

The to Entei member brought out their pokemon one was a Snivy and the other was a Teddiursa. Dallas looked at both pokemon and studied them.

"So you used Sweet Scent. That explains why Vulpix suddenly took off. Then you smothered honey on berries that Vulpix loved to eat. Impressive trap." Dallas said.

"How did you know Snivy could use it?" The snivy trainer asked.

"As you said, I am Raikou. Not only do I cook, but I also study breeding. Snivy is a healthy pokemon, but it is young, telling me it is from an egg. One of Snivy's 'egg moves' is sweet scent. Right?" Dallas asked.

The male didn't answer, "Don't let him phase you! It is 2 on 1! We can win easily!" The other Entei member yelled.

"You think so? I guess you didn't study very well." Dallas smirked, moving his hand to his waste, picking up a ball and releasing his other Vulpix in a flurry of snowflakes.

"What? He is only supposed to have one!" The same trainer said.

Dallas look side to side, looking at his pokemon. Both Vulpix were ready for a battle. He then looked at the two Entei students, both showing a bit of regret in their eyes.

"Well? What are you waiting for? You wanted to battle right? So let's battle." Dallas smiled

"Snivy use tackle!"

"Teddiursa use scratch!"

"Freezey use Powder Snow on Snivy! Blazey use ember on Teddiursa!" Dallas commanded.

Dallas' pokemon were obviously a higher level than Snivy or Teddiursa. Snivy was almost ko'ed while Teddiursa was able to take the attack better.

"Snivy return!" The boy that had been taken aback earlier said, then running off.

"Where are you going!" The other boy yelled.

"Seems like it is just me and you now. Blazey, return." Dallas said returning the normal Vulpix to its poke ball.

"You still want to battle? Fine. Teddiursa us scratch again!" The boy commanded.

"Aim you powder snow at the ground and fly into the air!" Dallas yelled.

Vulpix did just that, using powder snow at the ground, the force causing the snow fox to fly into the air, dodging the attack.

"Moonblast!" Dallas yelled.

"W...what!?" The Entei student yelled.

While in the air, the snow fox called on its power and it seemed to turn almost night for a moment and a flash of lunar light shot to the ground and sent Teddiursa flying in a wall in the alley. The alolan vulpix landed on its feet, ready to use another attack.

"You know.... I was with a girl when you guys drew my pokemon away... it was a bit annoying. I am sorry that you friend failed, but I am not Raikou. I am from Suicune. If you had more space, if you had known about my other pokemon, you may have stood a chance, but you still would have failed." Dallas said.

"Please... don't hurt me! I am sorry! Take my money!" The Entei boy cried.

"I don't want your money nor am I going to hurt you. But... I do want to make something clear. Your dorm doesn't really matter. Perhaps one day you can face me again on a battlefield. Then we can really battle. Thanks for the idea about smothering berries in honey. I hadn't thought of that. Freezey return." Dallas said walking away.

"Seeya." Dallas said, throwing a hand up.

A gleam on sunshine caught his attention and he looked up on the roof top of a building across from the alley. There Dallas saw a pokemon that reminded him of a pawn on a chessboard. He only saw it for a moment and then it was gone. He shrugged, not knowing exactly what it was. Dallas looked around, seeing what to do next.

"I guess I should just get my shopping done then maybe head by to the forest. I am sure she doesn't mind me running off. We can always go back. Isn't like we aren't gonna see each other again." Dallas told himself as he started walking around town.

forg

Years

Dorothy Roseland

The Mountains

Eerie cries echoed within the cavern walls. Zubats and pokémon of many kind glared at the disoriented Poliwag, each carrying different intentions. They studied him, observing his futile attempts to reunite with Dorothy. Little did he realize she was quivering at the mouth of the cave in dread.

A sense of concern began to fill the tadpole, aware Dorothy loathes the dark. "Hey! Hey hey hey, seen a cute human trainer about wee bit tall? Short hair with green and pink?" he asked the strangers around. It wouldn't hurt to ask when one could carry a simple answer.

Or perhaps carry a malicious intent.

One approached Pupui within the dark, wings flapping. "...how tall again you say?"

Pupui spun over to the source of the voice. "About wee bit... eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey, I see what you're doing there," the poliwag changed his tune, realizing how idiotic he might have come across.

They let out a snicker before changing tune. "You reek of human," it hissed, voice dripping with wicked intent. Pupui flinched at this. "Why should we help the likes of you? A human pet." Without visual cues he was helpless, left to follow the flapping from ear. One moment the winged stranger would fly over to his back, then the left, and change direction within the next minute.

"I do not!" Pupui shot back in defense, facing where he best guessed the Pokémon was found. "And I'm not her pet! I'm her best friend." In the pitch black he may be at a disadvantage, but he is capable of flailing and praying on luck.

The foe snickered. "Look at this miserable lot... yo, YO! Got myself a weak human pet over here!" the bully hollered out. There was no longer one critter, but several more currently approaching. Their wings gave off their direction, allowing Pupui to face them without fear. "Get a load of this kid."

Pupui took a few loud steps forward, hoping to attract their attention. "I can hear you, and I'm not a kid! You're the kid!"

"I'm not a kid you're the kid," mocked the airborne stranger before returning to their malevolent tone. "I believe you don't realize how immature you're sounding."

"I'm not immature either!"

"Oh? Is that so hmmm?"

"Yes, so please can you-" his final words came out as gasps, body having been suddenly slammed against the wall. Pupui slid down, wincing throughout. It was unexpected, and cruel, the act, yet he wasn't going to take it lightly. "You're mean jerks! I just wanted help!"

"Please," they continued to ridicule, an audience of voices joining in the mocking session. Pupui launched a rapid stream of water towards the scorn, but to no avail. He continued, aiming which ever as to land at least once. It only added to the mockery, irritating the poor tadpole.

The group then burst into fits of laughter, dodging the streams with ease. "Idiiiiot, go cry back to the human you belong to. We know you're too weak without your master."

Pupui's blood boiled with fury, easily agitated by their torments. "I'm not weak!" Immediately after he yelped upon an opponent's steel wing, injuring him more. Being handicapped by the darkness worsened his patience, his water guns and ice beams inaccurate. "Stop!"

He received another physical attack to the forehead, sending him to the dirt below. They pinned him down with their body weight. "We're going to have a little bit of fun before we let you go. It's been getting kinda boring here you know, right?" The group chimed in agreement. Pupui struggled, howling and slapping them away with his tail. It was futile.

Pupui yelped upon feeling sharp fangs pierce his skin, pain radiating throughout his soft body. He continued to flail, tears dripping down his cheeks. "That hurts! Stop!" he begged, voice hoarse.

From the corner of his eye Pupui could distinguish light. Small at first but as it got closer it was clear the light source was hovering far above them. The lighting revealed the assailants as a pack of zubats seemingly followed by a retreated golbat.

The Golbat glared at the light source, eyes straining to recognize the guests. "Who the heck are you guys?"

"The child is begging. Let them go," a metallic voice spoke from behind the light. Golbat grimaced at their demand, wings now flapping furiously in annoyance upon their intrusion. Despite being unable to witness this hero, Pupui was already imagining a scenario where he slipped from their grasps and kicked butt.

Unfortunately that was not the case. Flailing led to more flailing, to his dismay. "They're mean jerks!" Pupui blurts out, voice slightly raspy. The zubats rammed Pupui's face to the earth to silence the poliwag.

"I insist," the Pokémon behind the light source began, "if you would be so good as to let the innocent Poliwag free of your torment?" Unlike the assailants the newcomer carried a humble tone. Their patience was appreciated, yet Pupui mentally begged for them to speed it up and save the day.

The golbat spat in refusal. "I'll do whatever I want. Now leave... or do you want to end up like that stupid brat?"

"I'm not stupid!" Pupui interjected, unable to hold his tongue for one moment. He received a strike to the back of his head in punishment. The leader ignored Pupui, focused on identifying the Pokémon behind the light source.

The metallic voice cleared their throat, continuing with his demands. "I will kindly ask again-"

"Are you DEAF?" Golbat interrupts, unsure as to whether approach them or not. "What did I say?!"

"It would immensely pain me to intervene forcefully, Golbat. Now if you may, I ask once more-"

"If you want to join them so bad-" The bat dashed towards the light, prompting the Pokémon into releasing blue static electricity from its now-visible magnets; a magnemite. The sight startled Golbat, but they weren't quick enough to dodge the defensive attack.

"Attack!" Golbat commanded, wincing upon the paralyzing condition. But whomever accompanied the magnemite swooped down towards the cluster. "Move you idiots! Move!" The zubats lifted their heads, only to be greeted by an impact from a clay-colored blur as it slid Pupui into its gaping mouth.

And then they vanished. A tunnel was left behind as a reminder of the group's defeat. Golbat shrieked in frustration, scowling at his henchmen.

Dorothy laid on the floor of the mouth of the cave with her head low. She's attempted to venture into the unknown, but fear would tug at her heart and send her back where she began. Pupui was gone for who knows how long - Dorothy had lost track of time. Furthermore there were staring-into-the-dark sessions that seemingly bubbled up the courage from out of the blue. But alas, it would evaporate upon standing up.

"P-please... please wait Pupui... p-please," she muttered inbetween hiccups. Dorothy had been vanquished by her fear of the unknown. A pile of false promises and tears she had become, knees bruised from how often they had scraped the rocky terrain. Dirt clung to her clothing.

Why am I such a coward? The thought bounced about. Bleak images of Pupui lost within the unlit caverns accompanied the message.

She couldn't fail Pupui again. Not again. It was despicable enough for her to disappoint her first and only companion with her trainer abilities, but to abandon him? Leaving Pupui to fend for himself meanwhile Dorothy basked in the lovely weather outside, unable to lift a finger.

Her cell dangled on the edge of her bag, enticing her to use it as a light source. It's been a thought to Dorothy, but walking into the dark...

Dorothy grasped her device and set it to its brightest setting. She winced during, unaware it could be so luminous despite the daylight. And for a moment she pictured Pupui embraced in her arms, cell impacting the ground.

"T-there's n-nothing in the dark... t-there's n-nothing in the dark..." Dorothy murmured, light trembling within the arms. "...t-there's n-nothing in the d-dark... t-there's n-nothing..."

At last she stood up, eyes shut and face puffed from sobbing. "...y-you c-can do this... for P-Pupui... for P-Pupui." Her legs felt dense, shuffling their way into the nightmare. What Dorothy believed was a foot of movement was a mere centimeter in reality, yet she never took a peek to confirm.

Which explains her cry upon opening her eyes at what she firmly believed was yards into the cavern.

Dorothy only moved a meter.

"P-Pupui? ...Pupui? C-can you hear me...? Pupui?!" She fought the urge to retreat to the outside, legs ready to buckle upon her command. The light illuminated the area ahead, albeit with quivering hands. "D-don't be afraid... d-don' t be afraid of the d-d-dark... Pupui n-needs you-"

The sudden cry of a wild Pokémon froze her in place, breathing quickening. Dorothy refused to budge a muscle, eyes anxiously shooting around for the potential source.

"Um... u-um... o-oh... hello...? Hello-o... oh my god,
oh my god ICAN'TDOTHIS!" she shrieked, hands immediately covering her ears.

Dorothy's body shot forward, legs barely grazing the cavern floors as she sprinted deeper. Little did she realize that the exit was the other way - she wanted to leave. But tell that to a petrified girl who's mind had been locked out of reason.

Panting and demented, Dorothy let out cries of incoherent babbling upon any sound she stumbles across. Her sense of direction had been jeopardized, fear of the dark consuming her once more.

"M-m-m-mama!" Dorothy called out in hopes of them materializing to save her from this terror. "P-p-papa! P-Pupui! Papa! Pa pa pa pa-"

Gib? Gib gib gib?

The young trainer halted her stuttering plea for help. Had she used her light to shine on the source she would have discovered a Gible. But alas she did not.

With a simple touch from the Gible Dorothy blacked out from shock.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
Years

f8b82867b0060002b9d89c93ba3fa0ee.jpg
Desmond Allen

So Much for Alone Time

Desmond had reached the middle of the town before taking a moment to rest. He was still fuming over his encounter with Naomi. He did his best to massage the spots where she grabbed him. Hadn't that girl ever heard of nail clippers? It was going to take a couple days for the marks to heal probably. His trip to Oak Town hadn't gone according to plan at all. He took a deep breath and got back to his feet and headed down another street.

At the end of the block, Desmond's eyes grew wide as he came upon a store. It was a jewelry store. He walked up and began looking through the windows. There were some beautiful pieces but it was a particular necklace that grabbed his attention. It was a deep gray, almost stone like, necklace with a Rhyhorn pendant. It was beautiful and amazingly in his price range. Just as he was about to go in though something interrupted the tranquil silence of the town.

"HELP! SOMEBODY! ANYBODY!"

Someone was in trouble and as far as Desmond had seen, there weren't many people in this part of the town. He looked back at the pendant before bowing his head and turning towards the sound. Why couldn't he just have a normal first day.

Thankfully, the sound wasn't too far away from his location and he found the source quickly. Confused would be an understatement of how Desmond was feeling though when he came upon the scene. There was some guy kneeling down and praying while another, a Suicune student, was lobbing insults at him. Why didn't the guy just get up and fight? He was wearing an Entei jacket after all. Battling and standing up for oneself was in an Entei member's nature. Whatever this guy's case was though, he was more like a damsel in distress so Desmond was gonna have to do something.

"Hey what seems to be the problem here?" Desmond revealed himself.

The Suicune student turned his head to locate the voice, his eyes meeting Desmond's. "How about you mind your own business, ya scum."

Desmond shook his head and met the kid's eyes with a serious look, "Well you see, that guy right there is my dormmate, meaning this is my business. Now..." He pulled out a Pokeball and let Ares out who fluttered forward, it scythes glistening in the bright sunshine, "I suggest you leave if you don't wanna get beat down."

The Suicune student was visibly intimidated as the Scyther moved towards him. "Yeah, whatever...I don't need this. See ya around Entei losers!" The student left in a huff, muttering things that Desmond could only assume were choice words about the pair of Entei's.

Desmond walked over to the guy still kneeling on the ground, "So, uh, that piece of Trubbish is gone now. You alright?" Desmond reached down his hand in assistance to his dormmate. He hoped the rest of his dormmates weren't like this guy. Desmond didn't have the time nor patience to be saving them every time they got in some sort of trouble.

Last edited:

Pikamander7

Ace Trainer
Years
Lucas McMillan
Pokemon Socialization (Day 1)

Since leaving Oak Town, Lucas hadn't run into anyone, thankfully, and was looking forward to being antisocial on his laptop in his dorm. Have Aaron and Ace met Donna yet? thought Lucas. Huh. The only time Donna has been out of her Ball at the same time as Ace or Aaron was at the cafeteria. She wasn't very social then, so it might be a good idea to give them a chance to get to know each other.
Upon arriving at his dorm, he set his stuff down and brought out his Pokemon. "Ok," he said. "Be nice to each other." With that, Lucas left the trio to their own devices, turned his laptop on, and was soon online.
The three Pokemon stared at their trainer before looking at each other. "Hi there! I'm Aaron,
and I'm pleased to meet you. What's your name?"
Aaron said, walking over to the Drilbur with a smile on his face. "I'm Donna, or at least, that's what he calls me," Donna replied, dismissively waving her arm at Lucas. Well isn't she snobbish, Ace thought as he curled up on Lucas's pillow. "That's Ace. He's generally tired all the time, so don't expect him to do much." Aaron said, looking at Ace. Ace glared back. "We've met," Donna said.
None of the Pokemon said anything for a minute or two. Aaron, seeming to be the most social of the three, was unsure of how to continue the conversation, so he started a new one. "Where are you from, Donna?" he asked. That's an odd question, Donna thought as she stared at the Aron, who clearly was trying to restart a conversation. "Lucas caught me in the forest using that annoying fur-ball over there," Donna replied, gesturing in disgust to the curled up Growlithe.
"What did you call me?" Ace replied getting up from his curled position. He stood there, ready to have a comeback for anything the Drilbur could reply with. "You heard me. I called you an annoying little fur-ball. I guess useless also describes you," She said, a smug look on her face. "Who are you calling useless?" Ace responded. "I've done more for him than you have." "I'm the one who actually protected our trainer when he got attacked by a Totodile!" Donna said, taking a step toward the Puppy Pokemon. "At least I'm not the one who made him throw up!" Ace said, his voice turning into a deep growl. Donna snarled and leapt at Ace, he claws ready to strike the Growlithe. Ace snarled and leapt toward Donna. "Can we just calm down a but please?" Aaron asked, wincing as the two Pokemon collided.
Lucas could hear sounds in the background, but he paid no attention to them and continued playing on his laptop.
Ace and Donna were now locked in combat, a moving ball of fur, claws, and fangs. Aaron yipped and hid behind Lucas's pillows to protect himself from the fight. The two Pokemon locked in combat continued moving around, occasionally sending one flying out, then quickly reforming.
Lucas continued to be oblivious to the fight, until he heard a loud crash behind him. He flinched, turning around to see two Pokemon locked in what seemed to be a fight to the death, his third Pokemon hiding behind pillows, and a bookshelf knocked over. "How...?" Lucas asked, his voice trailing off as he tried to figure out what had happened. After a minute or two of unsuccessful thinking, Lucas tried putting his bookshelf back up. This proved to be exceedingly difficult, as Donna and Ace were still fighting. I'll stop them once I get this shelf back up, Lucas thought, sighing. He watched them tussle and smash into more stuff, and he wondered if his Pokemon would ever get along.

Last edited:

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
Years
Eric noticed Desmond had come to help, and got up.

"Yeah... I'm fine. Thanks for your help, comrade!" Eric told this mysterious hero.
"Wait a sec... You're a fellow Entei? How can I ever repay you for this?"

"I'm not usually this cowardly, but I wasn't expecting some punk like him to be here. I'm Eric... Eric Damon. I'm looking for somebody named Desmond. Kylie sent me."

Eric then realized that his savior was in fact THE Desmond he was looking for.

"Holy crap... YOU must be Desmond. Thank Arceus we bumped into each other! Someone named Kylie wants us Entei folk to gather by the arena. She's probably getting a bit impatient. We must not keep her waiting much longer."

Eric had a feeling that the Suicune student Desmond saved him from was probably going to end up working for some evil group like Team Rocket one day. Hopefully the bad eggs of each dorm were few and far between.

Megaman765

Years
Ivrant smiled down at Shelby and held out a hand to here. "Yup! First day here and its already been a pretty darn long day. Had a bit of an encounter with a Pokemon at the beach so that was interesting. I'm Ivrant." He said back to her. "Figured I'd wander around town before I head back to my dorm... figured I'd check out the store to see if they had any TMs or something like that. Not that I have the money for something like that but you know... setting goals! Eheheh..." Ivrant laughed a bit bashfully, not even taking notice of that blush of hers from earlier. He was meeting all sorts of people on his first day. Already the incident he had before was just a bad memory.

"Dragged here huh? Siblings am I right? Er...not that I have one of those but you know!" He joked. Dynamo standing right beside him looked up at Shelby and gave a small formal bow toward her. "Ah... this here is my Pokemon Dynamo. He's a pretty relaxed fella when he isnt mixed in a battle... he's had a pretty busy day himself." Ivrant said as he glanced in the window once more and back down to Shelby.

Years
Name: Rylie Larus || Dorm: Suicune || Team:
y53yvPB.png

The Ice plains

Rylie had finally managed to make her way back to the outskirts of the Ice Planes, the vapor from her breath occasionally clouding her sunglasses. With Hakan plowing through the snow in front of her they slowly manage to make their way further into the icy region. Pulling the book from her coat pocket she opened to the marked section and skimmed through it one last time, ensuring that she didn't miss anything with her initial read. "So, according to this book, we're looking for the Alolan variants of either vulpix or sandshrew. I remember Mr. Robertson had a vulpix who helped heat his house so… I guess an Icy version of that? It's the only thing I can think of." She said out loud as she flipped through the pages of the book, figuring nobody would be around to hear her ramble to herself.

Meanwhile Hakan's plowing slowly came to a halt as he caught the scent of something in the air. Hopping through the snow he quickly collides head first with the source of the scent. "Swin…" he whined, shaking away the pain.

"Hm?" Rylie questioned, looking up from her book. Looking over the mysterious snout bopper it seemed to be nothing more than a small igloo. "Who went out of their way to build this on their first day here?" She wondered, putting the book back into her pocket she approached it to take a closer look.

"SHREW!" The Igloo cried out. Curling out of its snowy shell, the Pokémon sprung to life. With a swipe of its claw it flung snow towards Rylie and Hakan for cover before taking a hasty retreat.

Rylie quickly wiped off her sunglasses in attempt to catch what direction the Pokémon headed. Once she regained her vision however it seemed to be nowhere in sight. "Dang it! Did you see which way it went Hakan?" She asked, looking down at her Swinub. Shaking the snow from his fur, he looked up to her shortly after and shook his head. "Ugh… oh well. I guess that at least confirms what we're looking for at the very least…" She continued, looking out towards the plains for any sign of travel. The sandshrew however seemed to be very good at hiding its own tracks.

"I guess we just keep going in then, maybe we'll find one less skittish next time." She said with a large sigh, Continuing her march further into the plains. Hakan slowly followed along, Now much more careful of rogue scents, and Igloos.

Unbeknownst to either of them, the sandshrew quietly stared at the both of them as they left. rather than charge off in a random direction it simply hid underneath the snow nearby. "Shreeeew..." it said in a soft, but annoyed growl before curling up and falling asleep once more.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
Years

f8b82867b0060002b9d89c93ba3fa0ee.jpg
Desmond Allen and Eric Damon

Meeting the Dormmates

Desmond helped Eric up as he listened to him speak. He was kinda all over the place but Desmond got the gist of it. It sounded like he was being tracked down almost which was a little offputting. He'd have been more worried though if Eric was actually intimidating. Either way though he wasn't really interested in going somewhere with the guy. Considering his last interaction hadn't gone so well, he wasn't particularly looking forward to meeting more people.

"Yeah...I'm Desmond and I'm glad I could help ya out. No offense though, but I think I'm gonna pass on the whole following some guy I just met because some other girl in the dorm says I should." He patted Eric on the back, "Now you take care of yourself. Next time there might not be somebody to save you." Desmond turned around and began walking.

"Alright. It sounds weird, I know. I'm sorry." Eric replied, looking at the reluctant Desmond, then proceeding to try and catch up with him. "Is there anything I can do to repay you?"

"If you don't need anything from me , I understand. We all have a reason to be here to become the best. I don't want the fame, or the money, or the title. I just want to make sure that evildoers can't use Pokemon for their nefarious deeds." He continued. "The only person I ever loved was killed by Team Rocket, about a year ago, and she had just become a Pokemon Ranger. She was on her first mission to look into suspicious activity at Silph Co. However, a Team Rocket executive set off a bomb in the main lobby." Eric kept going, trying to hold back tears of grief.

"I was devastated when my beloved Peggy was listed with dozens of other innocent lives lost that day. I swore I would dedicate my life to personally bringing those responsible for her death to JUSTICE."

Eric held up his locket, shedding a single tear onto it.

Desmond paused and sighed. This guy was laying it on real thick. Love, death, Team Rocket, justice? He didn't care about any of that. Why couldn't people understand he just wanted to be left alone? It was a moment like this he wished he was more like that Naomi girl. She may be a bit of a jerk but she wouldn't be afraid to tell this guy to buzz off. Unfortunately he wasn't, so he turned around.

Desmond met Eric's eyes with an emotionless gaze, Geez...he's even crying, "Fine, I'll go with you to see this Kylie character and do whatever it is she wants us to do. In exchange though, cut the sob story. Instead of talking about it, do something about it."

Desmond recalled Ares and began heading off back towards the battlefields, Hecate on his heels.

Eric finally conquered his emotions. "Thanks for your words of wisdom. You won't regret this decision. I guarantee it." He said, nodding his head in agreement. He then began going towards the battlefields, and daydreamed about getting his revenge on Team Rocket, with a maniacal grin slowly making its way across his face.

Desmond kept his gaze on the path ahead of him. This Eric guy was pretty odd and it made him wonder what the rest of his dormmates were going to be like. More importantly though, they'd better be good battlers.

Last edited:

forg

Years

Dorothy Roseland

The Mountains

....ZzzzzzZzzzzzzZzzZzzz....

"Will he be okay?" a deep voice had asked out of concern, their eyes studying the poliwag for any bruising. The owner of the voice belonged to Onix.

"I'm certain they'll be fine," a metallic voice belonging to the magnemite replied kindly. Their miner's hat was laying on the ground upside down, swaying due to the wind up above.

They were on a cliff overlooking the icy plains. While cliffs with better views were aplenty, none had raised rocks to act as "handlebars" of sorts. Onix was terrified of heights and having a raised platform on the edges to prevent many accidental falls somewhat aided.

Magnemite took in the breathtaking view, never tired from the same scenery. Meanwhile Onix had given in to his perturbations. Slowly he coiled around the tadpole in hopes of keeping them warm.

The magnet sighed at this. "Onix. The temperature at this altitude is not to fret about," he remarked to his comrade. As usual he was ignored. "Bear in mind you'll only frighten them upon awakening like the last critter we rescued," Magnemite continued regardless of the lack of response. It ended with a huff coming from the floating magnet.

"Did you hear him say that he was looking for his trainer? Shouldn't we find them?" Onix suggested, recalling earlier events.

"Highly unlikely that they would cooperate. Recall the last attempt?" The images of a hysterical trainer believing both the onix and magnemite had done harm came to mind. Onix glanced over to the Magnemite with a worried expression.

"What if they're nice? Not all humans assume the worst... they could be worried about this little guy right now too."

"I appreciate your concern, but I'm afraid I'm not committed to your plan." His response disheartened the rock snake, their head resting atop their coiled body.

"But what if the boy wants to see his master when he wakes up?" Onix put forward, worried for the well-being of the poliwag. Magnemite approached the snake, magnets rotating out of habit.

"If that is the case then we won't know until he wakes, Onix." The rock type grew somber, prompting Magnemite to feel a pinch of guilt. Furthermore there was no telling what would unravel when the poliwag wakes up.

Pupui stirred with a yawn that caught Onix's attention. The rock type's tail wagged in anticipation. On the contrary Magnemite shivered at the possibilities... the many where Onix and the child pestered him to no end.

"On second thought, let's deliver the creature back to his hu-"

"Really?!" Onix interjected with enthusiasm. The magnet stared without giving a reply. How did he manage to grow attached to such... a Pokémon? He was obedient yes, yet also a big child. The intimidating rock couldn't navigate through the caverns due to his fear of the dark. Furthermore he was gullible, innocent, and terrified of heights. Perhaps all those traits paint him to be a needy soul who couldn't cope with the outside world on his own... did Magnemite carry pity? That couldn't be it... could it?

It was pitch black. Dorothy's senses returned one by one with hearing being the first to crawl back. Touch. Taste. Smell. Sight. It was sight that shot her eyes open to scan the vicinity for answers to the fog in her mind. There was no memory behind her state, but Dorothy already recognized the side effects of a fainting spell.

A minute was all it took for Dorothy to recall the events that led to this. Frankly it was embarrassing. The lack of bravery only reminded her of how low she had become. Time had been wasted on her feeble attempts all the while Pupui is experiencing who knows what.

Dorothy was sitting just outside the mouth of the cavern opposed to the inside of the beast. This puzzled her, but a part of her felt gratitude for whomever had pulled her to the safety of the outside.

The relief lasted only a moment unfortunately. Soon guilt made a return to haunt her thoughts. It made her look into the dark, but the more she focused on the blackness the more Dorothy grew certain she saw silhouettes when there weren't any.

Out of curiosity she flashed her light onto the cavern insides, revealing an empty entrance devoid of Pokémon or ghosts. The act was seemingly futile when the light turned off to frighten Dorothy for the thousandth time.

Without warning the ground began to shake with increasing ferocity. What started with a distant rumble became a trembling floor within the minute, prompting Dorothy to stay put and dig her hands into the dirt.

"EEP!"

An Onix broke through the surface inches beside Dorothy, pummeling her with rocks and dirt. Her arms shielded her from most of the mess, albeit not the majority that exploded upon their surfacing.

She trembled and refused to peek at the cause, eyes covered by her tiny arms. But upon hearing the dirt shuffled by an unknown item she gave in to the curiosity.

Dorothy sneaked a look. It was Pupui's unconscious body. "...P...PUPUI!!" the trainer let out a cry of joy as she scooped him off the dirt. The onix and magnemite gave each other a nod before the snake approached the girl. Dorothy was seemingly oblivious to the duo, attention focused on her companion.

...nix? The deep, and resonant voice didn't penetrate to the knelt girl. They remained by her side regardless of Magnemite's opposition. Without the rock type the magnet couldn't proceed anywhere else.

Minutes flew prior to Dorothy lifting her head, eyes twinkling with joy. Yet her expression transformed to that of bewilderment upon setting her sight on to the two wild pokémon. No words got exchanged.

At long last Dorothy budged. She rose up, albeit while wincing, with Pupui held close to her body. Tears dripped from her chin and on to the tadpole's bruises. "T-thank you... so much... Thank you. I..." It was difficult to materialize words with a throat that refused to cooperate. To think wild Pokémon were more likely to rescue Pupui than his own trainer... it made her body tremble. But a part of her was grateful that such sincere and kind pokémon exist in this plane of existence. Furthermore she admits it saved her from facing her fears. And she felt horrible for feeling like such.

"A-ah... um... I don't know how to repay you. Did you want food? Cookies? Anything??" Dorothy offered, one hand already grasping what was left of her sweets. The magnet refused the offer upon seeing the food with a shake of their head, yet the onix fell victim to the temptation. He roughly let his head land in front of Dorothy, startling the poor girl to nearly dropping the reward. "Are you sure you don't want anything?" she asked of the hovering Magnemite. The magnet didn't respond. Meanwhile Onix was adoringly glancing up to the trainer, mouth half open.

She kneeled, mind spewing out fumes of thought as she pondered how to give this creature the food. Does she leave it on a napkin on the ground? Does she throw it into their mouth? Feed the onix by hand?

In the end the sweets were left on the last napkin she carried. "Here you go! I'm so sorry for not having more... I'm sure that's so little for somebody like you um, and I wish I could stay more but I'm going to heal up Pupui a-and..." She bowed. "Thank you! Thank you so much!"

With that Dorothy made her leave, swiveling her body every so often to wave them goodbye. Magnemite was the only one to notice this detail, staring whilst his magnets rotated. The rock type delicately tongued the sweets in hopes of them sticking for him to bring into his mouth.

Back