• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen The PokeRus?

Lady Umbreon

Teh Sophomore of DOOM!
Years
  • Hey, I was just wondering if anybody could help me figure out what the PokeRus does. My Pokemon have had it in Silver and Crystal and they just got it in Sapphire, so, you know, I've been curious about it. The nurse at the Pokemon Center said that it may help my Pokemon grow exceptionally well, but what does it mean? Any info?

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2008
    apparently pokerus is a good thing...my sapphire pokemon had it once, i'm not quite sure what it does...i forgot...but heres some info...

-there is very little chance of getting it- you are very lucky!
    -Pokerus can spread through the PC (I think) and other pokemon in your party.
    -Pokerus doesn't last forever and once it has worn off your pokemon will have a freaky little dot in its stats- this is to signify that the pokemon is now imune to it...
    -I think it affects stats or something like that, i'm not sure... :\

aki1

forget your fears
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2006
    EXP is twice as hard to get for the monster, but they get a permanent ATK boost.

The Scientist

PKMN Scientist/Mathemagician
    Years
  • The EXP gain is the same; they get higher stats without having to level up as much. When someone grows a level, pay attention to the "plus" numbers next to their stats. They will usually be a 5 or 6, instead of the usuak 1 or 2. Trust me, I've had it.

PokemonAvenger

World's Greatest Breeder
    Years
  • I have bought a Action Replay and have been able to tranfer the virus to my game. The virus only lasts for a few days though. You can preserve and spread the virus by storing the infected pokemon in your PC. NOTE: If anyone proves this info to be untrue, I will gladly research further into this.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2008
    i was just flicking through my PC and i noticed that my golbat still had pokerus! :cheeky: so you're right about the preserving thing, im gunna transfer it to my raichu now :)
    I dont like that little dot, its freaking me out :paranoid:

Porygon

Banned
    Years
  • You mean the immunity dot? Lol, I once thought Pok?rus was a bad thing and quarantined infected Pok?mon in a special box. I only got it twice in 2 seperate Silver games, and am wishing there was a way to get it for those games. Of course, I can just shark the virus for my R/S games. Hehe.

Lady Umbreon

Teh Sophomore of DOOM!
    Years
  • Eh, it went away...
    Except I put my Raichu in my PC and it still has it, and it transferred the virus to the Pokemon I was training to evolve and my two EGGS! So now it's everywhere again. ^_^;

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Jiraichu said:
    ive heard of it, can anyone help me? how do i get it? o_O;
    there is a very low chance o you getting it...

I heard there is some connection betwen pok?rus and Yanma in GSC. Can anyone explain?

Chiyo

heh.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2008
    Well, my nincada once had it, a friend of mine said that it makes your pokemon sound wierder, but nincada sounds wierd already!! It's like the Macho brace. Oh, info? Uhh, I'm with Lady Umbreon with that, I don't know even how to get it. *Sweat makes flood*

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
    Years
  • I have a question. Can a Pokemon you catch get Pokerus from a Pokemon on your team right away the second you catch it? Because I have caught a Cacnea and a Kecleon and they both had Pokerus when I looked at their stats when I caught them, and I had Pokemon already on my team with Pokerus. Does anyone know?

Steeleon

The Lovable Goof
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 17, 2006
    How do you even get to know they have the Pokerus I wanan know.

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
    Years
  • Steeleon said:
    How do you even get to know they have the Pokerus I wanan know.
    It will say Pokerus in their stats, and the first time you go to heal your Pokemon at a Pokemon Center when you have a Pokerus infected Pokemon on your team, the nurse who heals your Pokemon will say so.

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    From what I understand based off of my experience, it spreads rapidly to your other party members as you walk around. I recall all the Pok?mon I?d place into my party would become infected once withdrawn.

Steeleon

The Lovable Goof
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 17, 2006
    Ok thank you. Where at in the stats does it say? Cause I swear once a Nurse kept talkign to me for too long.

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
    Years
  • Steeleon said:
    Ok thank you. Where at in the stats does it say? Cause I swear once a Nurse kept talkign to me for too long.
    Below the Pokemon's picture, on the first page of its stats.

Back