• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Post Your Problems Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gardenia101

Official Lurker
    Years
    I suggest you stay where you are. You say your will to do well will slip? I doubt that - especially if you are bright enough for others to suggest that you skip an entire grade.

Hang on to your friends. The good ones will prove themselves invaluable eventually.
    Most likely. Lately, i've been unorganized and I am finding my mind wandering more often then usual. And my friends have- all held on to me (the "Nerd") and have become not-well-liked.

You see, my problem is that I am never challenged in school. I haven't gotten a single answer wrong in three years. Our school has no good writing activities (Other than book reports about dumb things like "The Gold Coin"). Our computer class is literally a teacher telling us how to make textboxes in Microsoft Word. Even my religion class (I go to a christian school), I can say most of the verses we are looking up without opening my Bible. In fact, I even do my mom's Social Science homework for fun!

Wow. I need a life o.O

Yes, I really don't want to let go of my friends, though. :(

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    Dude, friends come and go and true friends will ALWAYS stick by you no matter HOW far you get. I have RL friends in England, and back home in Toronto and in Oakville. Do what you're passionate about and the good friends will always be there to help you succeed. You'll end up drifting from the not-so-good ones anyways because that's how life is (they'll get a job/ find someone/ get married/ etc) and you need to do what will ultimately benefit you best for the future and ultimately MAKE YOU HAPPY! :3

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    C&P'd from the good old Daily C-C.

Anyway, we're down at the Jersey Shore for a weekend, and after my brother discovered that my father has been - le gasp - smoking behind all of our backs. In traditional fashion, he started screaming and bawling and advising my mother to break up with him, and for the entire morning he was shouting insults and curses from one of the rooms and pretty much making all of us feel like crap. So now we'll likely need to leave early before we can see almost all of the relatives we were supposed to meet unless Bro calms down enough not to give everyone else a heart attack.

That's my life. Yours?

He's shut up by now, fortunately, but...

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    School started three days ago, and with that came all my friends. I don't see many of them because my summers are so busy. However, my friends hang out with one another all summer. I hung out with them after school like we normally do, and we walked around the neighborhood and stuff... but they always exclude me. They talk only to each other, they don't bother to fill me in, they ignore me, and they don't even include me in simple things like playing Punch Buggy/SlugBug. And when one of them wants help with her homework, she always asks the other. Never me, regardless of the fact that I am exceptional in math (the subject she has trouble in), good at teaching others, and got a freakin' 30 on my first attempt on the ACT. And she says she doesn't want help from me 'cause I'm not smart enough. It's mainly her, but both of them manage to offend me every time they actually decide to talk to me.
    All in all, the situation really upsets me.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    Okay, I have quite a problem.
    Ever since summer started, I met very little friends of mine. Only two, to be honest.
    But both of them started acting... very weird.

The first one completly IGNORED me when texting his "gurlfriend" (a girl in the school which he just hooked up with in the park). Then we watched The Ring (that horror garbage) and he was only talking about one thing : get a damn girlfriend in one week.

The thing is, most of my classmates are involved (or were) in relationships which is odd, since they're, like, 12 and going 7th Grade.

Here comes the problem : I'm feeling... left out. No one talks to me, I am unineteresting, my jokes are bad (though my family laughs at them :/ including my brother which is just one year younger than me and my cousin, which has the same age as me) and generally, when the chat changes to "love" stuff and cr4p, everyone just puts me off...

So, what in the world should I do ?

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
    @TheSmartOne- find new friends if they ignore you and do not include you in things then its time to move on. Friends come and go but a true friend will last forever (corny I know but true). or if you do not want to jump up and find new friends try hanging out with them more you said that you didn't see them the whole summer maybe they fill left out and are punishing you for neglecting them the whole summer just a theory.

@560cool-Be a Kid your 11 for [insert Deity here]'s sake you don't need to be dating you friends little romance will deteriorate over time their 12 their doing it for social reasons so either find new friends or stay friends with your current friend knowing that he and his little girlfriend will break up and he'll know your a good friend just a theory.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    Help I cannot draw feet! When I get bigger I want to illustrate childrens books so I have been drawing fairies and things to practice and I think I am getting okay at it but I can't draw feet they are impossible! It is especially hard to draw them from the front.

You see the feet in these pictures they are very bad especially the second one:
    Spoiler:

How can I get better at drawing feet?

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    Hmmm but even if I drew the feet facing in another direction I still would not be able to draw them...

Years
    Well i have this friend (i've mentioned him on this thread a lot, hes the one who i dragged through his ICT GCSE so he wouldn't fail and then completely screwed me over leaving me to eventually walk 10 miles home) and now that we've started college i am getting kind of worried about him a little bit because nobody talks to him (because he screwed them all over as well) and so nobody knows whats happening with him, i've asked around and the three main colleges that he said he would go to nobody has seen him around. The last anyone heard from him was when he sent a mass text to me and my (used to be his as well) friends saying 'Bleh' which was a few weeks ago.
    So do you think i should force myself to forgive him just to make sure that he's ok or should i just let him be and live with the consequences of his actions? Because last time my friend saw him he (my friend) said he (my friend i'm worried about) looked really rough, like unshaven, hair really long and a mess. he said he barely recognized him and this is really unlike him so you can understand why i'm a bit worried.
    Any help?

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I dunno if it constitutes a problem but... what the hell does it mean if your ex just randomly decides to say Hi to you on facebook? >__> and I mean like MONTHS over with ex. The kind that you really liked but she had problems on her abilities in the relationship and simply didn't have the social maturity to understand and then it became easy to swear to never see her again...?

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    I dunno if it constitutes a problem but... what the hell does it mean if your ex just randomly decides to say Hi to you on facebook? >__> and I mean like MONTHS over with ex. The kind that you really liked but she had problems on her abilities in the relationship and simply didn't have the social maturity to understand and then it became easy to swear to never see her again...?

I do believe it would mean 1 of two things. One: She wants to get back together. Two: She wants to be friends. 3: She wants to screw with you.

Buut, consiidering it was a simple "hi" 1 or 2 sounds most plausible. Respond if you want to find out more, don't if you, well, don't.

Well i have this friend (i've mentioned him on this thread a lot, hes the one who i dragged through his ICT GCSE so he wouldn't fail and then completely screwed me over leaving me to eventually walk 10 miles home) and now that we've started college i am getting kind of worried about him a little bit because nobody talks to him (because he screwed them all over as well) and so nobody knows whats happening with him, i've asked around and the three main colleges that he said he would go to nobody has seen him around. The last anyone heard from him was when he sent a mass text to me and my (used to be his as well) friends saying 'Bleh' which was a few weeks ago.
    So do you think i should force myself to forgive him just to make sure that he's ok or should i just let him be and live with the consequences of his actions? Because last time my friend saw him he (my friend) said he (my friend i'm worried about) looked really rough, like unshaven, hair really long and a mess. he said he barely recognized him and this is really unlike him so you can understand why i'm a bit worried.
    Any help?

So, from what I understand, he made you walk home over ten miles? That is a lil jacked.. but did he have a good reason to? That would help make it less horrible. Either way, if you worry about him, you obviously still care for him as a friend. So yes, that means you should forgive him, and offer help to him.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 23, 2011
    So i have a question and i know people are going to laugh and possibly poke or make fun of me but how do you know if a person is attracted to you.

Im curious and very oblivious so any answers would be nice.

Also I would like answers from both the female and male perspective

Last edited:

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    So i have a question and i know people are going to laugh and possibly poke or make fun of me but how do you know if a person is attracted to you.

Im curious and very oblivious so any answers would be nice.

Also I would like answers from both the female and male perspective

Hey, why not just try asking them? People act differently and interpret things differently in different cultures, age groups, and etc. So it's impossible to give you a cookie-cutter formula to figure out if someone likes you.

The simplest way is probably just to ask them one-on-one in a mature manner.

xPsychosocial

A girl with kaleidoscope eyes.
    Years
    My ex and I broke up 5 months ago, we agreed we'd be friends but he changed his mind and he then cut contact with me, until recently. He's began talking to me again, should I feel angry with him and should I even be nice to him? :S

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
    High School Drama -_-

Okay, so I just started high school a few weeks ago. Made new friends. My friend Molly, however, has a friend Brandon. We met at the football game and he asked for my number and I gave it to him. We started talking and hanging out and I started to like him.

Well, I told him and he keeps sending me mixed signals. Like, one night he'll be talking to me non-stop then the next morning at school, he'll totally ignore me.

Should I just leave it alone and let whatever happens, happen? :/

Livinitup17

Pokemon Dealer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2012
    Okay, so I just started high school a few weeks ago. Made new friends. My friend Molly, however, has a friend Brandon. We met at the football game and he asked for my number and I gave it to him. We started talking and hanging out and I started to like him.

Well, I told him and he keeps sending me mixed signals. Like, one night he'll be talking to me non-stop then the next morning at school, he'll totally ignore me.

i would seriously just ignore the kid seriously he's a imature kid who only has intrest in you wehn it's convient to him which means he just toying around with you many kids like this act the same adn also do the same thing find yourself someone who actually cares and actually pays attention to you and not ignores you and recognizes you when ever he feels like not worth your time well atleast thats what i think and whta i base on personal experience

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 23, 2011
    Hey, why not just try asking them? People act differently and interpret things differently in different cultures, age groups, and etc. So it's impossible to give you a cookie-cutter formula to figure out if someone likes you.

The simplest way is probably just to ask them one-on-one in a mature manner.

Yes but that also makes for things to be awkward feelings if she doesn't

Years

Guys are often just as dramatic and indecisive when it comes to this kind of thing as girls are. ( I am one, i would know) I think he does like you, he just might not know how to express it correctly.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back