• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Post Your Problems Thread

Are these answers helpful?

• Yes

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • No

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Somewhat

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • For a Pokemon forum

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tokin

:3
Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2009
    Ignore him, he gains nothing by his comments and there is nothing to be gained by paying attention to him either. Now...

OK...Here goes.

I take a "gifted course". It's called Challenge.
    Basically, we do critical thinking mumbo jumbo.

Anyways, I used to like the class, but now, I dread going in that classroom.
    I don't really like the people in the period I have the class either.
    The teacher's ok, I just hate the work we do.
    It takes forever, it's really hard. Plus, we're doing this "Around the World" project right now, and I just don't want to do it... Well, I don't really "just don't want to do it", I just don't really care about it...

I really want to switch out...but I don't know if I should or not...

Do you think I should?

Why not ask the teacher about it and suggest a change in activities for others that are more relavant to the course and more interesting, if this is not possible, then drop out if oyu want, there is no reason to stay in a course you dislike^^

Ceilidh

<3
    Years
  • Actually, I'm pretty sure he's gay -rolleyes-

He has come out as "bi" before, but I know him too well to believe that.

Thanks for the good advice btw guys.

I find it funny how I haven't even posted pics of myself on here and some people are already thinking that lol.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
  • A. First off guys thanks for the advice on the last problem.
    B. I have a new one:
    One of my best friends (who is also my roommate here in college) was just diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. I don't really know what to do to help. His girlfriend is going to be staying with us so her and I can take care of him for a while but with school work, clubs, reapplying to new schools it seems like this is going to be one hard semester. I am not sure what I can really do to help my friend other than have the same diet he does so he doesn't feel bad and exercise with him. (I hope I'm not going against the rules, its not that I have been or anything I just want to know how I should treat him (I know not differently but I'm so confused...)).

Tokin

Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2009
    One of my best friends (who is also my roommate here in college) was just diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. I don't really know what to do to help. His girlfriend is going to be staying with us so her and I can take care of him for a while but with school work, clubs, reapplying to new schools it seems like this is going to be one hard semester. I am not sure what I can really do to help my friend other than have the same diet he does so he doesn't feel bad and exercise with him. (I hope I'm not going against the rules, its not that I have been or anything I just want to know how I should treat him (I know not differently but I'm so confused...
    it is noatural to feel bad for a close friend having such a disease, physically there's not much you can do, you should treat him with compassion and be a close, available friend to him and give your moral support, in short, continue to be a good friend, that will help him greatly^^

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I have a new one:
    One of my best friends (who is also my roommate here in college) was just diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. I don't really know what to do to help. His girlfriend is going to be staying with us so her and I can take care of him for a while but with school work, clubs, reapplying to new schools it seems like this is going to be one hard semester. I am not sure what I can really do to help my friend other than have the same diet he does so he doesn't feel bad and exercise with him. (I hope I'm not going against the rules, its not that I have been or anything I just want to know how I should treat him (I know not differently but I'm so confused...)).

Oh man, nobody likes when a good friend goes sick :<.

First of all, I am not recommending you go on the same diet as him unless you have an inactive pancreas as well. It could be bad for YOUR blood sugar. The exercise is Ok, but you need to maintain homeostasis yourself as well.

Ermm..

Homeostasis (Hou Me ou Steisihs): The maintainance of an organism to keep regular conditions.

Anyways.

I feel sorry for your friend, it's hard to deal with this but the best you can do is help him keep his health. Diabetes often forces people to miss education time, so also try to help him in what's going on in college as well if he needs to check his blood a lot.

Good Luck
    ─ TtFaF Expert.

kingofjokers

This is not a custom title!!!!
    Years
  • ugghh girl problems theres this girl who i like and she acts very kind and stares at me all day and have a great smile so i decided to ask her out but i am a very shy person so i chickened out and now i still like her but shes going out with another boy what to do what to do sorry i didnt give you alot of info

Shock Narr

-Death By Storm-
    Years
  • LugiaInfinity suicide

I have recently had a very saddening and frustrating conversation with a person by the forum name of LugiaInfinity. It was scary. We had been friends for a while and he started talking about killing himself and it really started to scare me. I was trying to talk him out of it, but what can I do? I'm in Australia and he lives in Guyana (which is near Brazil)
    I am scared. He's been offline since yesterday and the only contact with him I've had is that he has changed his personal message to; "People only care about you when you're ready to kill yourself."

I have copied everything that was said onto a Microsoft Word spreadsheet. I don't think I should post it here because it may sadden some poeple.
    I don't know what to do. Now, I am not joking. This actually happened. I just wish he could talk to me or send me an email so that I know he didn't do it.

I've never been in a situation anything like thes before and I don't know what to do. I was trying to stop somebody from taking their own life. I was scared.

I'm hoping it's all a joke, but he sounded pretty depressed. I probably shouldn't post this as it may be evidence to some sort of suicide case that may come up in the near future, but this is the last thing he said to me:
    Ryo - Shadow Chaos Emperor says:
    im like gonna ignore thissss
    and forget this
    and just sleep

It's been almost two days since I last heard from him and I haven't logged off msn or closed the conversation window with him.
    Please help me out here. I feel terrible because I couldn't do anything and I don't know what to do....

Last edited:

kingofjokers

This is not a custom title!!!!
    Years
  • dont worry if he did umm you know then he is in a better place rite now or maybe he just taking off stress by sleeping and plus its not like being on the computer is all he does all day people have lives outside of PC lets hope he is having a good one

Tokin

Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2009
    Killing oneself is not as easy as it seems to be, your friend probably is depressed and doesn't want to talk at the moment, perhaps patience will give you an answer, if it doesn't and you really need to know Try to find a way to get other ways of contacting him, like the phone, ask around his friends^^

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
    Years
    • CT
    • Seen Jan 17, 2016
    Umm... He hasn't necessarily killed himself. Maybe he just needed time to think. Also, generally (if I learned anything from Health class) what you do when someone is on the brink like that is talk to them specifically about the suicide. Then again, I thought my Health teacher was crazy too.

Problems? I have problems... I have to write six articles every week for my newsletter. That's a lot of wrriting!

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • ugghh girl problems theres this girl who i like and she acts very kind and stares at me all day and have a great smile so i decided to ask her out but i am a very shy person so i chickened out and now i still like her but shes going out with another boy what to do what to do sorry i didnt give you alot of info

You are still young. Near enough every relationship at that age will fail so I am sure it won't be long till she is free again and you can make a move. Don't be shy around girls. They will notice that straight away and that in turn will make them nervous, try to be confident.

LugiaInfinity

Legendary Shadow Chaos Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2009
    Wow! Thanks allot for broadcasting to the whole PokeCommunity that I'm the insane kid that wants to kill himself.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 3, 2009
    LugiaInfinity, I think your friend is just worried about you...pleaase don't get offended by their kindness. Plus you did kinda broadcast it yourself by putting it in you MSN name.

If you really feel that way, is there someone you can talk it through with, like a friend or tutor?

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
  • More boy problems....yay?

Yikes! Well, today my friend Colin shouted out in Art class "EMILY LIKES SHAYNE!" And I felt like dissappearing at that momment. And since then, he hasn't spoken a word to me. Let alone look at me. I mean, I DO like him. And since my mom is a teacher, she got Shayne's address so I could go talk to him about it...idk what to do! Im scared...and nervous...

Years
  • More boy problems....yay?

Yikes! Well, today my friend Colin shouted out in Art class "EMILY LIKES SHAYNE!" And I felt like dissappearing at that momment. And since then, he hasn't spoken a word to me. Let alone look at me. I mean, I DO like him. And since my mom is a teacher, she got Shayne's address so I could go talk to him about it...idk what to do! Im scared...and nervous...
    Wow...
    And you consider him your friend?
    Just lay low, and don't stress out or feel embarrassed.

Eventually, in a bit, approach him and just chat with him in a friendly manner.
    I wish you the best of luck.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    More boy problems....yay?

Find him when he's alone and try to get a little flirty.

If that doesn't work, me not know what will. Guys always fall for flirts, but don't go too strong.

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
  • Find him when he's alone and try to get a little flirty.

If that doesn't work, me not know what will. Guys always fall for flirts, but don't go too strong.

Well, I just got back from his house and it was an O.K talk. I started crying walking home. Since he says he doesn't like me, and I like him. I KNOW he likes me. He acts like a big flirt around me, he stares at me in gym class when we are running, he smiles at me A LOT, and he is nice to me. Like, he gave me a box of candy before I left his house. He is also a real gentleman around me, like when I was talking to him, before we talked, he spit out his gum, cleaned up his room, and LOOKED at me. Most guys don't do that. Im eager to go back tomorrow after school and talk to him if people question me about being there like his friend Steven...soo...im very nervous about this. It took me about 20 minutes to knock on the door.

Years
  • Don't freak him out.
    Just act natural.
    And maybe he doesn't, but he didn't want to offend you in any way.
    I am not sure, because no girl has openly admitted they ever like me, but I still have many female friends.
    We just talk.
    Not flirt.
    Not fight.

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
  • ...Yeah. I think he found it strange I was standing in his living room...but I left early cause he had a friend over. If anyone says anything to me tomorrow at school, im going back to his house to straighten all this out.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back