• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Post Your Problems Thread

Are these answers helpful?

• Yes

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • No

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Somewhat

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • For a Pokemon forum

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
Years
  • I have a crush on my best friend. And I have a strong feeling that she likes me back.
    Now, she's sleeping over saturday, but i'm not a very confident person, so I can't make the first move. Plus, it could make things awkward, especially if it doesn't work out.

I don't know what to do. Help?

Conversation:
    Her: Ever had that feeling when you like someone, but when you see them in person you're like 'nah' and then when you're not around them, they're all you can think about?
    Me: Yeah
    Her: About who?
    Me: You
    Her: Mines is about this Kid called Dave. I'm kidding, it's about you.

Does this mean she likes me? Iunno if it does, and I don't want to look like an idiot.

Years
  • Problem. Yaaayyy. *sarcasm*

Well, there's this girl i really like, and we're really good friends. Im probably one of her best frinds. But, she's lets say 'going out' with my friend, . But, they don't talk much, always split up, and most of my friends tell me that we should be together.

So, i thought why not, and asked her. It was a no, but a yes if she wasn't going out with my friend. my friend, needless to say, was really annoyed at me. He keeps saying that he hates me, and he's gonna smack me in the face.

We're still good friends, but now everytime i make her laugh, my friend, and everyone else, say i'm flirting with her. When i'm not. I try to act like i don't like her, but i do.

And there's rumours going around that she likes me. But i don't know if its true.

Ugh. Any help. I know about the age, but please.

.Seth

.explorer.
    Years
  • Problem. Yaaayyy. *sarcasm*

Well, there's this girl I really like, and we're really good friends. I'm probably one of her best friends. But, she's lets say 'going out' with my friend, . But, they don't talk much, always split up, and most of my friends tell me that we should be together.

So, I thought why not, and asked her. It was a no, but a yes if she wasn't going out with my friend. My friend, needless to say, was really annoyed at me. He keeps saying that he hates me, and he's gonna smack me in the face.

We're still good friends, but now every time I make her laugh, my friend, and everyone else, say I'm flirting with her. When I'm not. I try to act like i don't like her, but I do.

And there's rumors going around that she likes me. But i don't know if its true.

Ugh. Any help? I know about the age, but please.

Making her laugh is flirting. Also, 11 is way too young to start dating. You found your problem. Rumors are just that, rumors. Not lies, not truth. I'm 14 and I've tried to "date" with a friend or two (different times), and it doesn't work out, even at my age. You should really wait until you can drive to start dating. I can't stress that enough. Any "feelings" for a classmate/friend/etc at age 11 are nothing more than kids trying to look older/more mature. People do start to enter puberty around that age, but it's nothing more than hormones. They don't really feel true affection yet. I "liked" girls at that age, but I never showed it, and that is why people called me mature at that age.

Of course, it sounds as if I'm bragging, but it's true. Even if you think you "love" a classmate, it's nothing more than puberty hormones taking over your mind. Stay focused on your education, not your friends.

Years
  • I have a crush on my best friend. And I have a strong feeling that she likes me back.
    Now, she's sleeping over saturday, but i'm not a very confident person, so I can't make the first move. Plus, it could make things awkward, especially if it doesn't work out.

I don't know what to do. Help?

Conversation:
    Her: Ever had that feeling when you like someone, but when you see them in person you're like 'nah' and then when you're not around them, they're all you can think about?
    Me: Yeah
    Her: About who?
    Me: You
    Her: Mines is about this Kid called Dave. I'm kidding, it's about you.

Does this mean she likes me? Iunno if it does, and I don't want to look like an idiot.
    It sounds like she's unsure about her feelings for you. It could be one of those things where liking someone as a friend has started to blur with liking someone in a romantic way, but not knowing what kind of person she is I couldn't make any definitive statements based on such a small piece of conversation. For her, finding out that you like her might give her more reason to like you, or it could do just the opposite.

If your feelings are making it hard to be around her then you might want to get it off your chest however you can if for nothing else than your peace of mind. If you can't just spit it out then work up to it with some of that hypothetical what-would-you-do-if-someone-liked-you chat.

Looking like an idiot is not really so bad. You have to ask yourself if you'd risk looking foolish if it meant finding out how she feels (assuming she knows how she feels). Just look at your choices and pick whichever one feels best.

Zet

Years

• Making her laugh is flirting. Also, 11 is way too young to start dating. You found your problem. Rumors are just that, rumors. Not lies, not truth. I'm 14 and I've tried to "date" with a friend or two (different times), and it doesn't work out, even at my age. You should really wait until you can drive to start dating. I can't stress that enough. Any "feelings" for a classmate/friend/etc at age 11 are nothing more than kids trying to look older/more mature. People do start to enter puberty around that age, but it's nothing more than hormones. They don't really feel true affection yet. I "liked" girls at that age, but I never showed it, and that is why people called me mature at that age.

Of course, it sounds as if I'm bragging, but it's true. Even if you think you "love" a classmate, it's nothing more than puberty hormones taking over your mind. Stay focused on your education, not your friends.

So comedy = flirting now? that's pretty messed up, since I love comedy, but I'm just not that interested in guys. Sure it's fine if it's a girl but I'm not 100% sure if I want to take it from a guy :(

And just wait till high school, you'll probably find better girls, not just ones who get with some guy, split up and then get back together again etc

pkmnmaster69

When will this day end?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2020
    Hey guys , ive got a probelm. Im supposed to be studying more then I should be and every time I try and study I just randomly go on my computer, play on my console and even when I dont go on them , I just day dream whenever im trying to do my work. Can anyone give me some tips? I've lost my motivation.

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
  • Hey guys , ive got a probelm. Im supposed to be studying more then I should be and every time I try and study I just randomly go on my computer, play on my console and even when I dont go on them , I just day dream whenever im trying to do my work. Can anyone give me some tips? I've lost my motivation.

Same thing here. It might help to get someone to study with you, so you stay focused. Try asking around in class.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Possible to edit these?

Is there a way to add a pokedex entry for the ?'s in RSE? I really added Munchlax into a Pokemon Ruby hack im making but i want it to be catchable.

So is there a way to add a pokedex entry for the ?'s?

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
  • Hey guys , ive got a probelm. Im supposed to be studying more then I should be and every time I try and study I just randomly go on my computer, play on my console and even when I dont go on them , I just day dream whenever im trying to do my work. Can anyone give me some tips? I've lost my motivation.

To be honest, I never study and I do just fine hahaha.
    But if you really want to, the best tip is to study with a girl who is serious about it, cause then you cant stuff around and youll get work done.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    Hey guys , ive got a probelm. Im supposed to be studying more then I should be and every time I try and study I just randomly go on my computer, play on my console and even when I dont go on them , I just day dream whenever im trying to do my work. Can anyone give me some tips? I've lost my motivation.
    Try to use a study budy. Invite some one over and have them quiz you or whatever. Write down a goal on paper and keep it in plain sight when you are studying. The goal could be like what college(if any) you want to go to. Or to graduate, and when you want to goof off, you can just look at it and ask yourself if playing your console will help you achieve it. There isn't really much you can do to stop this. You have to make the choice to study or not. It is a pain, I know, I have to do the same thing, but if you make the right choices, it will become easy. Tell yourself that you can play your console/get on the computer after your done studying.

Is there a way to add a pokedex entry for the ?'s in RSE? I really added Munchlax into a Pokemon Ruby hack im making but i want it to be catchable.

So is there a way to add a pokedex entry for the ?'s?
    You will get better reception for this in the Rom Hacking section, most people on this thread don't know much about Rom Hacking. Try the Simple Questions Thread for any rom hacking queries.

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
  • My girlfriend and I have been fighting lately, and I really don't know if I should stay with her, but then again, she was my first (if you know what I mean). What should I do? Because I really like her and we've always been best friends. I'm afraid if we break up, things will get really awkward and we'll never speak again. :(

Years
  • My girlfriend and I have been fighting lately, and I really don't know if I should stay with her, but then again, she was my first (if you know what I mean). What should I do? Because I really like her and we've always been best friends. I'm afraid if we break up, things will get really awkward and we'll never speak again. :(

If you're unhappy, then you need to raise your concerns with her. You need a frank discussion where you tell her what you think has gone wrong, what needs to change and what you, as a couple, can do about it. Don't level all the charges at her, of course. Forgive me for saying this, but it's unlikely that she's completely to blame for the troubles between you (but if she is, get the hell outta there). You need to address your own faults and try to suggest that she does the same. I know the immediate reaction to this is "lolno she'll never agree to that" when talking about some people, but someone who loves you should easily be able to comply. If she can't agree to do anything differently, then it's probably for the best if you part. Sorry if it seems harsh, but it's no point sugar-coating this. =/ I wish you luck.

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
  • If you're unhappy, then you need to raise your concerns with her. You need a frank discussion where you tell her what you think has gone wrong, what needs to change and what you, as a couple, can do about it. Don't level all the charges at her, of course. Forgive me for saying this, but it's unlikely that she's completely to blame for the troubles between you (but if she is, get the hell outta there). You need to address your own faults and try to suggest that she does the same. I know the immediate reaction to this is "lolno she'll never agree to that" when talking about some people, but someone who loves you should easily be able to comply. If she can't agree to do anything differently, then it's probably for the best if you part. Sorry if it seems harsh, but it's no point sugar-coating this. =/ I wish you luck.

Thanks, but it didn't work. ;o; She and I broke up and now she's already dating someone else. I had a feeling there was someone else anyway, so it's not that crushing to me. I'll miss her. :(

dc_united

Josh Wicks doesn't like you
    Years
  • My girlfriend's ex may have gotten her pregnant, and I have to take her to a clinic this afternoon. FML

Years
  • Thanks, but it didn't work. ;o; She and I broke up and now she's already dating someone else. I had a feeling there was someone else anyway, so it's not that crushing to me. I'll miss her. :(

Sorry to hear that. ;;

My girlfriend's ex may have gotten her pregnant, and I have to take her to a clinic this afternoon. FML

Did the, uh, conception happen before or after you two started going out? If the latter, then ouch, you have my condolences. Either way, good luck with everything. ._.

dc_united

Josh Wicks doesn't like you
    Years
  • Sorry to hear that. ;;

Did the, uh, conception happen before or after you two started going out? If the latter, then ouch, you have my condolences. Either way, good luck with everything. ._.

so you're not sure if it's her ex's or someone else's baby? Man, talk about unlucky, but good luck in the future raising the kid and all

Thanks guys. Apophenia, this happened about a month before we started dating, and she only found out a couple days ago. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back