• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Post Your Problems Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    No, apparently it isn't something new. She was having pains, and I squeezed what happened out of her (I didn't know it was something like that, so I may have been a little childish). I believe it's the pressure of her life. She's an academic genius and such.

Well...still, keep an eye on her. Pressure like that and lead up to some...interesting results (hell it's happening to me and I'm nothing of the sort).

But since it isn't new is quite disturbing, so I'll ask this: do you think she's still doing it?

Stigmatic

The Unenlightened
    Years
    This problem is serious and you must have an understanding of MMORPG (massive multi-player online role playing game)
    -------RUNESCAPE-------
    It has only been three months since they've given back free trades and old wilderness to runescape. It was removed due to real world trading and credit card scams.
    Now it's back. That means unlimited staking. Where you wage your money against someone else. My problem isn't that I play runescape 10 hours a day. My problem is I stake all the money I make and lose it. Then I ***** and cry and rage.
    I do really cry by the way. I worked so hard for my money, invested so much time. Then I got into a gambling addiction if you will, and it has ruined my fun now that I reflect on the agony that staking has brought forth.

Some people may think 100m (Million gold pieces) is a lot, I used to but I accumulated over 3BILLION WORTH. And was just a month ago I lost every thing of value in my bank. I have broken up with two of my girlfriends (real life) to avoid reality and to isolate myself just for the sake of regaining everything I have ever lost in my 5 year investment in runescape.
    I beg and beg and beg and beg all of my friends for a small 5m just to stake.
    I double up then I get greedy and try for 20m! That's a success! But when I go for 40m, I lose.
    I can't stop. I owe my friends so much gold. They don't even care anymore. In fact, they've decided to ignore and remove me as a friend.
    I was recently banned on the forums I used for runescape/castle wars.
    After having lost many friends and many more hours of life...
    I've decided to steal a credit card to buy gold off a website to transfer to my account so that I could stake again.

When I go on staking sprees, I invite all my friends to come spectate.
    They pressure me most of the time to double up.
    "all or nothing m8"
    "go hard or go home"
    "10m is **** m8, cant do nothing with 10m"
    "you can do this m8, we believe in you m8 l0l"
    "you're a boss, who cares if you lose you'll get money eventually"
    "just double up m8 worth it m8"

How do I stop this madness. How do I control myself?
    It's like me asking how do I quit smoking?
    How do I quit drinking?
    HOW DO I QUIT STAKING ALL OF MY GOLD???????

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    This problem is serious and you must have an understanding of MMORPG (massive multi-player online role playing game)
    -------RUNESCAPE-------
    It has only been three months since they've given back free trades and old wilderness to runescape. It was removed due to real world trading and credit card scams.
    Now it's back. That means unlimited staking. Where you wage your money against someone else. My problem isn't that I play runescape 10 hours a day. My problem is I stake all the money I make and lose it. Then I ***** and cry and rage.
    I do really cry by the way. I worked so hard for my money, invested so much time. Then I got into a gambling addiction if you will, and it has ruined my fun now that I reflect on the agony that staking has brought forth.

Some people may think 100m (Million gold pieces) is a lot, I used to but I accumulated over 3BILLION WORTH. And was just a month ago I lost every thing of value in my bank. I have broken up with two of my girlfriends (real life) to avoid reality and to isolate myself just for the sake of regaining everything I have ever lost in my 5 year investment in runescape.
    I beg and beg and beg and beg all of my friends for a small 5m just to stake.
    I double up then I get greedy and try for 20m! That's a success! But when I go for 40m, I lose.
    I can't stop. I owe my friends so much gold. They don't even care anymore. In fact, they've decided to ignore and remove me as a friend.
    I was recently banned on the forums I used for runescape/castle wars.
    After having lost many friends and many more hours of life...
    I've decided to steal a credit card to buy gold off a website to transfer to my account so that I could stake again.

When I go on staking sprees, I invite all my friends to come spectate.
    They pressure me most of the time to double up.
    "all or nothing m8"
    "go hard or go home"
    "10m is **** m8, cant do nothing with 10m"
    "you can do this m8, we believe in you m8 l0l"
    "you're a boss, who cares if you lose you'll get money eventually"
    "just double up m8 worth it m8"

How do I stop this madness. How do I control myself?
    It's like me asking how do I quit smoking?
    How do I quit drinking?
    HOW DO I QUIT STAKING ALL OF MY GOLD???????

I had this exact same addiction except mine was using real money rather than ingame coins.

The best thing I can say is weigh up what you can lose by doing this. You have already given up girlfriends over this which is a sure sign that things need to change. You have to think about what yo could be doing instead of this. It is an addiction and addictions can be beaten but it takes a lot. I mean I still play the MMO game but I haven't used real life money like I used to in months. I do the odd bit here and there if I have extra money to spend but I never go over the top.

Make sure you never spend more than you can afford. So in your case don't bet all your money so you leave yourself with nothing as that is silly. Just bet what you can afford.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years

Well...still, keep an eye on her. Pressure like that and lead up to some...interesting results (hell it's happening to me and I'm nothing of the sort).

But since it isn't new is quite disturbing, so I'll ask this: do you think she's still doing it?

I'm positive she is continuing with her actions, but to a lesser extent. She has been given counseling and it has helped reduced her actions, but she is lying to authority (one teacher and the counselor) claiming that she has stopped. As a replacement to cutting she pinches herself until she bleeds...

It's distressing, she knows she should seek help but I believe she is too ... frightened, in a sense... to confide her inner most feelings with a stranger (the counselor. I mean, we are in a world were gossip travels, if people find out that she (a confident, mentally stable, intelligent person) is crumbling under the pressure would only worry her more.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    I have become exactly the same as you and I have been like it for the past 3 years with everyone. It is good to try and get out of that as fast as you can. I have lost so much for how i have become and it really isn't worth it.

Try your best to get out of it.

Dragonite's Wrath

Dragons are my Heart and Soul
    Years
    I might as well post here. I basically have this whole slew of problems, each of them overlapping one another.

I decided that I needed a way to convey my feelings, so here goes:

Over the past few months, I've felt a bit alienated. I used to have a lot of friends back in middle school and in my first year of high school. But now, I feel like I've lost that socializing spark I had before. My friends don't talk to me very much anymore, but I can probably amend that.

My grades have been slipping as well, but thankfully not by much.

The two problems that I just listed are the two that I can probably handle on my own. However, the next two are my "major" problems in my book. (Okay, it's nothing tragic or life-threatening, but still.)

Ever since the beginning of the school year, I've been infatuated with this girl in my English class. Now, I've never had any problems asking out my past girlfriends. Usually, I'd just go up and introduce myself, ask about likes and dislikes, crack a few jokes, etc.

However, this girl hasn't really seemed that interested in what I say or do, and that's slamming my confidence down. I've talked to her quite a bit (not enough to be a creep, mind you. Once a day or every two days, maybe), but she rarely smiles when she answers me, yet she seems to enjoy talking to my other friends (guys).

Seriously, I'd do anything to have this girl. She's beautiful. She's got a great personality. But she just... inaccessable. And at the moment, I can't imagine myself with anyone else. That's my main problem. I'd ask her out, but I barely know her because of this little gap we have... I don't mean to sound desperate, and I've tried countless times to get over her, but nothing I do works.

Finally, I feel like my life is devoid of any purpose or meaning. I go to school each day to learn about subjects that I probably won't be using as an adult. My soul belongs to music, not to an office cubicle.

It's hard to describe my state of mind right now. It's not depression (although I've been upset over this girl quite a lot), and it's not necessarily anger. It's just... blankness, I suppose.

Also, I don't speak and act the way I type. xD Using a larger vocabulary calms me down, for some reason.

Anyway, it's typical teenage wasteland, but I'd still like to fix these problems.

It's nothing for any of you to worry about, though.

She's probly playing hard to get. Give her short answers and see what she does.
    My problem is similar. It's long, so I'll make it short.
    I like a girl thats in almost all my classes. I think she likes me(I'm too stupid to figure this stuff out). There was a Valentine thing. (Just that stupid theme where you buy something anonymously for someone) There was a dog house thing. I was making a dog house at Tech and I was literally in the dog house. She got down to the door to the dog house(trapping me) and started asking me about the dog house. And there was a project for Government(at my high school), I got stuck with 'No Violence in Games' (I put the most gory Resident Evil stuff I could find in that) Next day back at Tech, she asked about it. I answered. She asked if I was going to keep doing that.(If I truly thought games were too violent) I told her blood and violence is what makes the games awesome. She laughed.
    The entire time through this 'experience' my mind was '??? What do I do?' So, what do I do?

groteske

lurker
    Years
    • NC
    • Seen Feb 20, 2012
    I like a girl thats in almost all my classes. I think she likes me(I'm too stupid to figure this stuff out). There was a Valentine thing. (Just that stupid theme where you buy something anonymously for someone) There was a dog house thing. I was making a dog house at Tech and I was literally in the dog house. She got down to the door to the dog house(trapping me) and started asking me about the dog house. And there was a project for Government(at my high school), I got stuck with 'No Violence in Games' (I put the most gory Resident Evil stuff I could find in that) Next day back at Tech, she asked about it. I answered. She asked if I was going to keep doing that.(If I truly thought games were too violent) I told her blood and violence is what makes the games awesome. She laughed.
    The entire time through this 'experience' my mind was '??? What do I do?' So, what do I do?

Spellcheck your signature?

Girl's obviously paying attention to you, but whether that's par for every guy depends on her personality. Ask her about herself, get her comfortable and talking and see where it goes.

NamelessGuy

<Insert Witty Title Here>
    Years

Girl's obviously paying attention to you, but whether that's par for every guy depends on her personality. Ask her about herself, get her comfortable and talking and see where it goes.

Neither of you read what I posted a few days later on here. Last month (late April), she got in trouble and was most likely expelled from school. I asked my friend (who sometimes texts her) if there was anything I could do to help, and he said that she would be fine, but he also said that she was in a lot of pain, which I can understand, since this "mistake" she made was pretty intense, by school standards.

All I wanted to do was comfort her and help her with her problems, but because of this little gap we have, I can't contact her. And even though I barely know her, I deeply care about her, and I wish she could reciprocate that. I've been depressed for the past month over this, and it looks like nothing is going to improve anytime soon.

Besides, it's probably too late. I've failed yet again.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    So one of my friends was told me that he overheard one of my ex (We broke up two months ago, but recently we became close again) talking about me and how I was annoying her. I then go to apologize to her but then she was like 'What are you talking about?'. I thought that my friend just made that up, so I apologized for bothering her. Then on Facebook, I was chatting with her, and I said sorry for the misunderstanding, and she was like what misunderstanding? And I said the one when I told you I was sorry for apologizing, and she said 'I won't lie I was talking about you.' So I apologized saying 'I'm sorry for bothering you.' and she said 'wow. I'm not in the mood for this, do whatever you want.'

I mean seriously, I was trying to apologize for whatever I did to bother her, and she just blows me off? Don't you find that kind of rude? I mean, all I did was apologize and then she comes back like that? God, now I feel like an idiot for being nice to her even after we broke up. Do you think that was an appropriate response from her?

Dragonite's Wrath

Years

I know about the sig. Someone made it for me. Forgot who.
    .... When I think about it, the dog house thing kinda made me look like an idiot. I had to crawl in and out. It was funny. But about your suggestion, I can be sarcastic when I want to, and I may use it too much. I was even sarcastic about crawling in the dog house(I did go inside the house) but I'm actually timid.
    My eyes are extremley sensitive to movement. I can see a small spider crawling on the wall from across the room, with very little light.(Not exagerating) So I was seeing something move and my eyes automatically move to it, and she's watching me out of the corner of her eye. Turns out she's been watching me for a long time. And I can miss stuff easy(again, not smart) but when I think about it, she's seems to have been....I dont know how to say it...showing off? Wearing skin tight pants and keeping her back to me. I'll try what you said, though.
    And can someone explain to me why a girl would wear skin tight pants everyday in winter. I dont get it.

Dragonite's Wrath

Years
    I know. Its like, every time I see a girk wearing those in winter I'm like 'wtf'. But it does make some of them attractive lol.
    And to Charizard, I have no idea. Though I may not be smart, I can figure out complicated stuff in my head. And that is another wtf moment. Ask what the deal is or something. See if there's a problem or something, idk. My thoughts, move on. Say something to her thats mean, but also a 'goodbye' an 'apology'. I cant explain through internet. But see if that gets her to tell you.

I got it!! The 'mean, apology, goodbye' thing. Give her a 'Dont let her see you cry' speech. If still dont know what I mean, go online and watch the end of the Family Guy Episode 'Dammit Jannet'

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I don't want to insult her tho, I'm not that kind of person. I'm tired of being the one always going after her, always the one caring, always the one who tries to fix our friendship. I really enjoy being with her and I don't want our friendship to go to waste.

Dragonite's Wrath

Years
    I didnt mean insult, but, OK. Sorry, I just saw a Family Guy commercial and I just thought of that. Still, watch the series. It's funnier than watching someone act like a badass, then trips.
    But, something that might help, maybe try just going on, say your sorry for whatever you did (cuz she'll know what you mean, probly) then forgetting the whole thing. Then only talk about it if she brings it up. You know, Reverse Psychology (or watever its called)

groteske

lurker
    Years
    • NC
    • Seen Feb 20, 2012
    Neither of you read what I posted a few days later on here. Last month (late April), she got in trouble and was most likely expelled from school. I asked my friend (who sometimes texts her) if there was anything I could do to help, and he said that she would be fine, but he also said that she was in a lot of pain, which I can understand, since this "mistake" she made was pretty intense, by school standards.

All I wanted to do was comfort her and help her with her problems, but because of this little gap we have, I can't contact her. And even though I barely know her, I deeply care about her, and I wish she could reciprocate that. I've been depressed for the past month over this, and it looks like nothing is going to improve anytime soon.

Besides, it's probably too late. I've failed yet again.

I don't recall quoting your post, lovie.

Dragonite's Wrath

Years
    You'll probably think I'm crazy, but whaterever.

I'm a fourteen year old and in grade 9, and have a bunch of problems.

Problem #1
    I was bullied really bad in elementary school, so bad that in grade 8 I changed schools. I loved my new school so much! Everyone was so kind, and accepted me. Compared to my old school were people called me fat, an ugly beast and no one would want to be caught dead hanging out with me at break time. Like I said, my new school was way better. Then highschool came, and I lost most of my new friends and made almost no new ones. I remember in grade 8 on the last day of school I told a few of my friends how nervous I was because of all the new people in highschool, and everyone told me not to worry, because we'll all stay friends. They were half right. It seems everyone else stayed friends with eachother (and made new ones), and whenever I see someone I know in the hall they don't notice me. Even though I share a few classes with some of them, they don't say hi or wave back when I greet them. I have no idea why no one cares to notice me, and quite frankly I feel like I no longer have a place in anyones heart.

Problem #2
    I am completly fake in personality. I always act happy, smile and don't show anger or much sadness (at school). Everyone always tells me I'm so nice and that the wish more people could be like me, and then they go straight back to their friends and forget about me. I only act nice and happy all the time, because I'm afraid that someone won't like me. I know that it's impossible for everyone to like me, but thanks to my bullying, I HAVE to get on everyones good side, or else I feel like they might turn on me. I used to try to show different emotions in grade 8, because people told me to get a backbone and stop saying sorry so much. I tried to act angry over something once, and someone called me an inapropriate name, so now I'm stuck being happy for six hours at school all the time, when I feel quite the opposite.

The worst part of this problem,, I take all the anger I gain over the school day and release it at home. I get into screaming wars with my mother, and they end when my mother calls me a really bad name that I can't put here, and then tells me if she new having a child would result to this, she wouldn't have had me. I know my mother loves me very much, but she isn't always the best to talk to for help, because she gets angry too easily.

Problem #3.
    I know I have depression. I feel so alone and sad all the time. I feel as though nobody cares about me and nobody would care if I died. I'm going to be honest and say in grade seven, I started to think about killing myself, and tried once, by tying my belt around my neck, but I chickened out at the last second. I told my mom about this, and she started to cry and after that we never talked about it again.

For a really long time I didn't have these types of thoughts, but since highschool they came back. I can't tell you how many nights I lay awake thinking about hanging myself. I also always think about how easy it would be to walk to my medicine cabnet and swallow some pills. I try to give hints to my mom when we fight how I feel, because I yell to her that I'll swallow pills when she's not watching. I used to think that she didn't care, but one morning when we were fighting I ut a can of gum in my bag to bring to school and she heard it rattle and asked me what it was and yelled at me to give it to her, but when she saw it was gum she turned away.

I have to take special pills for private reasons, and one of the side effects is possible depression. I've taken them for a little less then a year, so I'm starting to think they might have something to do with my feelings.

Some people that I try to talk to say I should get professional help, but no way!

I'm so sorry that this is such a long post, these are just a few of my feelings I've kept locked away since september, and I have no friends to tell anyone of how I'm feeling. Please help :(

Dude, if people try to insult anyone, it means they're trying to get attention off their problems, or their nothing but scum. Suicide isn't smart. It's just a win for them. Tell them to screw off and go fight someone as mature as them(pre-school maturity) They dont mean nothing.
    I never tried suicide before, but I'll be honest, I did almost die.(Pool, water, morning, fell asleep in water,[dont know how] woke up in hospital) It was an awesome party, but it ended after that. I was over it when I became concious, so you can beat those guys.
    Everyone on this cite is cool, so they'll help. And the best part, you can ask for help with any problem.

ShinyZoruaGirl

Crazy Rowdyruff Boys Fangirl!
    Years
    Is this the right thing to do..?

..Ok, guys, this isn't one of those fun happy threads. This is a seriously sad and depressing thread about me. I would like you to read this, though. I'm in deep depression and feel like committing suicide. Wanna know why..?

It started ever since I could speak. My mom hated me since I was 3ish. Still, my dad loved me nonetheless. But it started about 6 months ago, when my mom started saying everything I did, ex; got a C on my test. She was mad when I got a C on my test. She said how I talked back to her and how he should come down and whoop my...you know. My dad started despising me. My mom starts abusing me about 5 months ago. By abusing, I mean mentally and physically. My mom calls me stupid and ugly about every day. Now, my dad's joining in, abusing me mentally. You don't know how bad I feel. So, the past few months, I've been considering suicide. I even tried about 3 times..guys, I don't know what to do..I don't wanna call Child Protective Services because I'll miss my step-brother, sister, friends and boyfriend...
    Help me, please.
    -Amira

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    I know this should probably go in the "Post Your Problems" thread, but I'll answer anyway because it seems like a matter of more urgency than forum rules and the thread will probably just be merged there anyway.

Committing suicide is not the answer. You have a terrible life inflicted on you by your parents, and you do need to get out of there. Calling Child Services is something nobody your age should have to do, but I think you do need to, if only to protect yourself as well as your siblings. There is so much life and happiness outside of this miserable bubble of yours, and you won't be able to experience any of it if you end your life.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    If you call the authorities, that doesn't necessarily mean that your parents will lose custody of you. They usually do everything they can to keep you within your household. That could include family therapy. If a relocation is necessary, they try to keep it within the family and give the parents visitation rights.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back