• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Prism League: Challenge Thread

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2017
    dGR8VcP.png

Hey there and welcome to the Prism League! We're a Pokecommunity based group of trainers who battle for both fun and competitive glory! The Prism League is a traditional Pokemon League style challenge, where anyone is free to take on a gauntlet of Gym Leaders, earn badges, and challenge the Elites to become a Champion! We're currently operating in Sun and Moon / Seventh generation, and at the moment just on cartridge (although a Showdown league is very possible very soon). If you're interested in challenging The Prism League - read on below and get started right away! If you have questions about the members, rules, formats, goings on, or anything else - PLEASE post or ask in the Prism League's discussion thread by clicking here

League Rules
    Spoiler:

League Members
    * We're still in the process of establishing 1-2 more Elite roles! Any badges you earn will remain if that player becomes an elite in the meantime!

Spoiler:

Challengers:
    Spoiler:

Hall of Fame:​
    Spoiler:

To sign up to challenge the league - simply post in this thread with the following information :D

PokeCommunity username:
    3DS FC / In-game-name:
    Team to be used (just the species is fine):
    (your team MAY remain secret until your first battle, but upon completing the first match it must be logged here to maintain consistency.

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I'll sign up as a challenger, though I plan to wait until Bank is released before actually battling, as some of what I wanna use is stuck on ORAS and Bank will just make it easier to assemble teams and train 'mons and stuff (hopefully they release it sooner rather than later).
    edit: bank is out, just need some time to do some breeding and EV training and assembling movesets and stuff.

PokeCommunity username: Nah
    3DS FC / In-game name: 0619-4178-0907 / Stella
    Team to be used (tentative): Silvally, Toxapex, Golisopod, Garchomp, Ferrothorn, Clefable, Charizard

Last edited:

skyburial

Orca Hype
    Years
  • Well it would seem Bank has dropped at this point, so without further adieu :)

PokeCommunity username: skyburial
    3DS FC / In-game name: 0061-2185-6938 / skyburial
    Team to be used : Charizard, Landorus-Therian, Kartana, Tapu Fini, Zapdos, Muk, Pheromosa

Last edited:

skyburial

Orca Hype
    Years
  • Just beat TGM's gym. Somehow I survived 10 turns of Hail ;_;

Battle Video: 8Z7W-WWWW-WWW5-XAT4

Last edited:

skyburial

Orca Hype
    Years
  • Oblivion Wing and I battled last night. Turns out that even though it was bred with Gluttony, my Muk's true ability is Plot Armor. Watch the video though, for real.

T2UG-WWWW-WWW5-3N8X

I won, btw. Realized I forgot to mention that.

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
  • ^ I'll have to watch that.

Oblivion, Char, and Pic - I'm challenging y'all, cuz my team is finally done :D

I've sent out challenge messages on skype and through PM's, I maaaay need a sub for Char if the first 3 attempts get stopped by connection interruptions.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
  • How active must one be?

I'm thinking of entering buuut my connection in one of my usual places is kinda dodgy and in the other I end up having to use my phones data so can't go on prolonged battles.

When I get my own place hopefully I can get a stable secure connection that connects to my 3DS.

skyburial

Orca Hype
    Years
  • How active must one be?

I'm thinking of entering buuut my connection in one of my usual places is kinda dodgy and in the other I end up having to use my phones data so can't go on prolonged battles.

When I get my own place hopefully I can get a stable secure connection that connects to my 3DS.

There aren't really time constraints on how long it takes you to finish your league challenge. Some people knock it out in a few weeks, other take half a year or more.

We're always glad to have another challenger :)

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
  • There aren't really time constraints on how long it takes you to finish your league challenge. Some people knock it out in a few weeks, other take half a year or more.

We're always glad to have another challenger :)

That's good to hear!

I'm testing out both my DS' over Link Battle and so far it's not taking much data, if at all, which should allow me to participate. I'll do a few more tests before committing to make sure I'm not losing data while battling (and gives me time to decide on my team).

skyburial

Orca Hype
    Years
  • That's good to hear!

I'm testing out both my DS' over Link Battle and so far it's not taking much data, if at all, which should allow me to participate. I'll do a few more tests before committing to make sure I'm not losing data while battling (and gives me time to decide on my team).

Pokemon battles send very small packets, so the actual transmissions require minimal data usage. Most of the processing is done on your 3DS.

To put things in perspective, I played BattleSpot almost daily using my Mobile Hotspot on a 2 1/2 week road trip for a couple hours at a time last August and did not hit my 3 GB limit on my data plan.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
  • I'll bear that in mind. I think I'm close to getting to my data plan's limit (2 GB). Might leave it on overnight and see how much it uses (even though I think there is a time limit on battles)

EDIT: I will enter the league. I've been wonder trading for the past 12 hours and used 30 MB total. That's around 66 days worth of battling and I use a monthly top up so should be able to.

Now I need to think of a team to enter with lol xD

Last edited:

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
  • Quick question, what happens to your team if something gets banned from OU by Smogon? Are you forced into the six Pokemon remaining?

AlphaLuxray

Serious Punch!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2017
    Well, now that I can make Pokemon at a decently acceptable pace, I will also be joining the League as a competitor. I'll enter with Charizard, Venusaur, Gastrodon, Magnezone, Gigalith, Landorus-I, and Muk-Alola.

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
  • Well, now that I can make Pokemon at a decently acceptable pace, I will also be joining the League as a competitor. I'll enter with Charizard, Venusaur, Gastrodon, Magnezone, Gigalith, Landorus-I, and Muk-Alola.

Ayyyyy! Nice, nice - could you use that form in the OP for your entry though? It makes it so your entry can be copy-pasted directly into the "Challengers" section. Glad to see your challenge though :D

Also, OP has been updated with Badge progress thus far - Skyberries is leading the way to becoming the first champion!

AlphaLuxray

Serious Punch!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2017
    Sorry, forgot there was a form. xP

PokeCommunity username: AlphaLuxray
    3DS FC / In-game-name: 2724-1967-2117 / Alpha
    Team to be used (just the species is fine): Charizard, Venusaur, Gastrodon, Magnezone, Gigalith, Landorus-I, Muk-Alola.

Back