• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The "Red Gyarados" Discussion Thread

fireyboy345

Skilled Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2014
    sorry if this has already been adressed but since the gyarados sprite in the video is red, does that mean that all pokemon sprites that follow you will have a shiney counterpart?

Years
    even if Gyarados doesn't have any special moves or ability, it will still be very common in competitive battling as people will soft reset for a good natured/IV'd one, Shiny Gyarados will become dirt cheap

I can see it now, "someone sent out Gyarados"
    the other player, "Wow, its a blue Gyarados, I have never seen one of those before"

IcyArceusRider

Nyaaaaa <3
    Years
    Yeah the Red Gyarados is confirmed as being in HeartGold and SoulSilver. Why would they take it out? I mean, this is a remake of the original Gold and Silver so it only makes sense that they should leave it in. ^_^ I likes the Red Gyarados.

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2009
    It's cool, but as Altaria221 says, it will be too common. We will be surprised if in a Wi-Fi battle, we encounter a blue gyarados... Everyone who's using a gyarados will have a red one...

Years
    I could care less if everyone is else using it. I'll use it if I want to. As soon as I saw it, I knew I wanted it more than Feraligatr. (I already have a level 90 blue Gyarados that knows Flamethrower, Dragon Dance, Surf and Ice Fang, so now I'll use the Red one in HG/SS.)

Years
    Gyrados is the biggest WTF pokemon ever.

I love it to death but it makes no sense.
    But like people are saying we'll be all freaked out when we see a blue gyrados.
    Like OMG is that a normal gyrados? No way!
    Wanna trade.

Haha.

Randomizer

Sound off the false alarm.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2010
    The Red Gyarados has always had a soft spot in my heart, it's a very unique pokemon since it's the only guaranteed shiny pokemon you can ever obtain. And it fit with the story so well, giving team rocket a sadistic feel, like they'll do anything to achieve their goal of world domination. I'll fit it on my team in-game and love it forever.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I already use an Adamant Shiny Gyrados and I fear that it will be so common that I wont love him anymore.

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
    I hope it is a Wi-Fi event... If we have a Red Gyarados, which is really just a shiny one, Shiny Gyaradoses will lose value in trades.

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
    So what? There are other shinies besides Gyarados that you can trade. I'm just happy I can get a free shiny again.

I know that? But really, people who have really wasted their time getting a Shiny Magikarp or Gyarados, now they can just get it in the first 8 hours of SS/HG. I would rather really work for shinys.

Late

Pokémon Artist
    Years
    I have always liked Red Gyarados. When I first went to Lake of Rage and saw that it was like AMAZING! What's that? (I didn't know about shinys I was so small and played first time Gold.) It was just too easy to catch, one ball and done. I don't use Red Gyarados in battles, it's only in box. I still useTyphlosion, Pidgeot and other pokémon with me even if I have Gyarados. I normally use Typhlosion and Pidgeot with me from start to end. Other pokémons are those that I evolve and then throw them to boxes and get another to evolve. I like catching all of the pokémon and I usually never catch evolved pokémon I like first stage pokémons.

Years
    I know that? But really, people who have really wasted their time getting a Shiny Magikarp or Gyarados, now they can just get it in the first 8 hours of SS/HG. I would rather really work for shinys.

I understand. It just seems that everyone is upset over getting this really cool Pokemon. All they seem to care about is trade value. Personally, I think they should keep a Pokemon like that especially if they have earned it and waited that long to try and get one. You could say you got it the hard way before the remake came out. You earned it. The others just had it given to them. Your Gyarados is better because of it. Just because it's easy to get a Red Gyarados, doesn't mean someone won't mess up and make it faint, and save their game. Also, if anyone wants to trade a Red Gyarados for a good Pokemon, I may just do the trade with some of you anyway.

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
    I understand. It just seems that everyone is upset over getting this really cool Pokemon. All they seem to care about is trade value. Personally, I think they should keep a Pokemon like that especially if they have earned it and waited that long to try and get one. You could say you got it the hard way before the remake came out. You earned it. The others just had it given to them. Your Gyarados is better because of it. Just because it's easy to get a Red Gyarados, doesn't mean someone won't mess up and make it faint, and save their game. Also, if anyone wants to trade a Red Gyarados for a good Pokemon, I may just do the trade with some of you anyway.

To be honest, I could care less about trade value. I just care about rarity. I spent a whole week fishing for shinies (dumb I know) then I found a shiny Magikarp, then evolved it. But sadly, it will not be rare and everyone will think it is normal.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    To be honest, I could care less about trade value. I just care about rarity. I spent a whole week fishing for shinies (dumb I know) then I found a shiny Magikarp, then evolved it. But sadly, it will not be rare and everyone will think it is normal.

Shiny Gyrados is already fairly common for some reason but I feel you. I wont be using mine anymore either.

Anyway, Its overworld sprite is ridiculously lame.

Back