• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The "Red Gyarados" Discussion Thread

Greene1516

Scratching the surface...
    Years
    I still think it's silly that people actually think that all the things that made G/S G/S may not be in. Nobody seems to understand what a remake is.

Rettan

~Oddish_Smoker~
    Years
    it doesnt take much smartness to notice that capturing the red gyarados is something OBVIOUS!
    Its a REMAKE! Do you remember Fire Red and Leaf Green? It even has the SAME DIALOGUES AS RED AND BLUE!
    If its a REMAKE its gonna be the same GOLD AND SILVER but with new stuff... SAME STORY but BETTER
    I mean... The Red Gyarados is how you meet up with Lance, he notices you battling the Red Gyarados and goes like "This kid is like pretty cool dude, lets screw Team Rocket with him :B"
    And then he befriends with you, go to Mahogany Town and stop the radiowaves and Team Rocket plans. Red Gyarados is VERY IMPORTANT in the game´s storyline, its like not smart to even think that the red gyarados wont be there to my point of view.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    Its confirmed. Its good to know that we'll have our old shiny gyara back!

RockmanEXE

Unova?
    Years
    Why wouldn't the Red Gyarados be in HG/SS?
    It's a main factor for the Johto Universe.

No Red Gyarados = No G/S Nostalgia.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
    True. Well, Since it's confirmed, as some have already pointed out *coughs* Me bein' the first *coughs*, there's no excuse for people to just look into the thread and askin' if it's in. I don't say anyone has. But I think it won't take long. (And seriously, why wouldn't it be in, even if it weren't confirmed, I thought Nintendo wanted to make it the best game ever (sure seems like they're tryin'), not the crappiest.)
    Pokey out.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Here's some interesting speculation from other places (japanese forums, for instance, or so they say) - The Red Gyarados comes with a unique moveset and ability - what's mentioned is the move Fissure, and the ability Drizzle.

Far from confirmed and all - don't count this as being true. But it is raining when you battle it in the video - and the Johto Map does seem to almost reflect that the Lake of Rage area has flooded. Who knows?

(Would be a most interesting development if it does have Drizzle, IMO - maybe worse for it defensively, but Waterfall gets STAB and the Raining Boost, and Rain Dance teams would celebrate for a non-Uber Drizzle Pokemon as well, I'd imagine).

billi1000

The Ruler of Darkness - Zekrom
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2014
    well the red gyarados got confirmed on pokemon sunday, but no info about a unique move set and ability, but i definitely didnt expect they d take it out anyway :P...

Serpine

Student of Dragons
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2009
    They wouldn't remove the red Gyarados, it's part of the main plotline, plus I love Gyarados, it's my favourite non-dragon. o^.^o

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    They wouldn't remove the red Gyarados, it's part of the main plotline, plus I love Gyarados, it's my favourite non-dragon. o^.^o

It already got confirmed that he will be in-game. I was totally positive about this from the start. And I too adored him! ^_^

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
    So, when we say it's confirmed in CoroCoro, then nobody cares, but when it's Pkmn Sunday, well WOW! I'TS CONFIRMED!
    Lol, just jokin'.
    I hope it'll get stronger and different to other Gyarados, and I would say YES to Fissure and Drizzle(wohoho, it's gonna be a heck of a battle), and maybe they'll even make Dragon Rage STRONG for the first time in history. I'm hopin' for that. Just so ya know.

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
    Ick. If the Red Gyarados did come with a special moveset EVERYBODY would be compelled to put it on their team. Why? Because it's Shiny and has advantages. It makes me sad.

billi1000

The Ruler of Darkness - Zekrom
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2014
    well i dont think drizzle is its special ability or it would have started to rain in the battle, anyways it would be a very bad idea since rain will make sure thunder will not miss, and electric type attacks are double super effective on gyarados, so it would be a sitting duck for electric types, and dragon rage always did 40 damage always to wat ever pokemon, so i think thats a stable fact, well hope fissure is in since i really like 1 hit ko moves, and on a gyarados that would be wicked :D

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
    well i dont think drizzle is its special ability or it would have started to rain in the battle, anyways it would be a very bad idea since rain will make sure thunder will not miss, and electric type attacks are double super effective on gyarados, so it would be a sitting duck for electric types, and dragon rage always did 40 damage always to wat ever pokemon, so i think thats a stable fact, well hope fissure is in since i really like 1 hit ko moves, and on a gyarados that would be wicked :D
    Well so-rry for havin' hopes and dreams :(
    Aww, I'm just kiddin' again... (I've gotta stop doin' that)
    But yeah, I was probably thinkin' too fast as usual... But I would like some nice moveset and/or new ability/stats. I mean, you can't just make a Gyarados that big in the plot just because it has another colour. That's race discrimination! I hope you get my point. *rises and walks away*

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Hmm. Actually - it looks like that they cut the video off right before any weather effect should have kicked in. (And it should, for at the very least, it WAS raining in the overworld, so one way or another, in that battle it'd have to rain). I wonder if one could argue they did that so not to reveal the ability...? But again - only a rumour thus far.

And Gyarados is already a sitting duck in battles to electric attacks- even Thundershock is deadly to it. =/ It'd benefit Rain Dance teams a lot though, and Thunder would be quite the popular move (and Tyranitar and Abomasnow even more so, possibly =/).

I'd imagine that Dragon Rage would keep the same 40 HP damage dealt regardless - I don't see that changing at all.
    But yeah, I was probably thinkin' too fast as usual... But I would like some nice moveset and/or new ability/stats. I mean, you can't just make a Gyarados that big in the plot just because it has another colour. That's race discrimination! I hope you get my point. *rises and walks away*
    IF the new ability/move is true, then this may be it. No, not the race discrimination thing (besides it being silly, shiny Pokemon ARE highly regarded in the Pokemon world, and it was made to 'advertise' shiny Pokemon as well in the first place), but the fact that this may be a minor addition to the Lake of Rage story, in that it also causes it to rain/flood.

Back