• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"The Rise of Darkrai" Movie Discussion

Years
    Here is where you can discuss a clash of time and space in the cataclysmic "The Rise of Darkrai."

My review to come forthwith.

gameplay

Beginning Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2010
    Okay, why can't Cartoon Network ever show the credits? I really wanted to see if they put "I Will Be With You" at the end of the movie.

I enjoyed the movie, though. It was cool.

Commander_Latios

The man of Eternal Boredom...
    Years
    we can discuss the movie?

great!

anyways...

Overall, it wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting. They screwed up a few times, which i'll get to in a second, but overall it was still good. Darkrai still managed to pull off the "I'm not takin' nothin' from no one" attitude, and Alberto was still just as much of an idiot as in the japanese. And they kept the musical score, too. Which was good.

The bad parts are mostly the opening them (which i hated with every fiber of my being...), a couple of little goof-ups with the lines, and, of course, the one part which took the cake, the line they screwed up majorly. It was right after they played the oracion, and palkia comes up. in the japanese, Ash went so far as to call it an idiot, which was one of my favorite lines, but in the dub it was jsut "palkia, can't you see what you've done?" Which is hardly a suitable replacement. "Do you know what you've done?" is what my parents used to say to me when i misbehaved, when i was like, 4. other than that, it was pretty darn good. not quite up to the original, but not horrible like the jirachi movie.

overall, i give it an 8/10, one point lower than the original version. Definitely one i'll be picking up.

.Azelf

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2008
    Okay, why can't Cartoon Network ever show the credits? I really wanted to see if they put "I Will Be With You" at the end of the movie.

Because CN only cares about showing that new show Bakugan (sp?)

Anyway, I liked the movie. Even if it was 2 hours, it was worth it. I gotta admit, some parts were sad of the movie. I started crying between the middle of the movie. XD I'm such a cry baby. I also cried during the end of the movie (the movie was almost over then)

SPOILERS** I'll say what parts in the spoiler tag.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
    2/10? Why? Because the Pidgeot wasn't in either the dub or the japanese version, despite showing it in the previews -.- All in all, it was good, but no pidgeot = -8 from me :/

Sushi.

AWESOME
    Years
    I gotta say that the English one was really good what i thought, and pretty good voice actor's too. And for the song of the 10 Movie Opening it was not bad it did mostly kinda fit well for the opening. Also that this Movie would all the way fit well in a movie theater then in a TV for English. I was surprise that i was a bit sad when Darkrai faded away. So i would give a 8/10

MissMegano

not-so innocent saint
    Years
    I liked it. To me it was pretty impressive. I agree with Dakrai's attitude. That was good. I love how they managed to keep the deities emotionless. You'd think they're angry, but I saw absolutley no emotion. For some reason I see that as a good thing.

But what was up with some things being animated like the normal movies and some things being super 3d? That hot air balloon was really getting at me. Sorry, I'm probably the only one bugged by this.

I really wasn't satisfied with the ending. Playing a song will make the gods stop fighting? I don't think so. And that Leafwistle was just annoying. Didn't they use that idea already in Pokemon the Movie 2000? That one girl played some song on a seashell and the world stopped falling apart or whatever. It would've been okay with me if they used the song to summon Arceus to end the fighting, but no, that would probably make too much sense. Where was Arceus the whole time? I'm holding him responsible for not showing up and ending it. hmph.

But don't get me wrong. Aside from that I really enjoyed this one.

Lash

Years
    In my opinion, it was the best of the movies so far. I already saw it subbed, but I loved reliving all the adventure such as the flashbacks, the battles, the plot, etc. It was definitely worth the wait.

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
    Wow. I loved it! 9/10 from me! There were a few parts that really bugged me...but overall it was just wonderful! I'll be buying it the day it comes out on DVD!

I didn't like the opening song all that much...and the beginning was really slow.

One of my favorite parts had to be when Ash got to the top of the tower...his face was priceless!

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021

I agree, that was annoying... but surely they'll keep it in since the song is in English? I really hope so. x_x;

Anyway, I loved the movie! The opening was, well, just what I expected. But the animation was pretty (better than the last couple of movies, in my opinion) and I could definitely hear an improvement in the new voices! They didn't bother me at all this time. I also enjoyed the fight scenes between Palkia and Dialga, and some of the humor that was thrown in was pretty good. XD; Got a laugh out of me, anyway.

By the way, does anyone happen to know when this'll be out on DVD? I don't have time to check for myself right now...

Hitoshirezu

]x[Keybl---Pokémon Trainer]x[
    Years
    The movie wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be. Being as I normally watch the dub movies (and enjoy them ohmygod), I don't usually know the differences between the Japanese and the English, so for me it wasn't like I was missing anything. The music was awesome...except the opening song...it bothers me...And I -LIKE- the dub music. -Creeped out- I was -VERY- upset that they cut out the credits though. That was part of the reason I spent all day watching the marathon is because I wanted to see the ending song, and see if they changed it or not. So, overall, I give the movie a 7, because the opening song was bad, and they didn't show the ending.

gameplay

Beginning Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2010
    The movie wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be. Being as I normally watch the dub movies (and enjoy them ohmygod), I don't usually know the differences between the Japanese and the English, so for me it wasn't like I was missing anything. The music was awesome...except the opening song...it bothers me...And I -LIKE- the dub music. -Creeped out- I was -VERY- upset that they cut out the credits though. That was part of the reason I spent all day watching the marathon is because I wanted to see the ending song, and see if they changed it or not. So, overall, I give the movie a 7, because the opening song was bad, and they didn't show the ending.

I seriously wanted to see the credits! I wanted to see what else happens, like the credits in Japanese (ie., Dawn participates in the contest, etc.) - I hate when Cartoon Network always does that.... Anyway, I'll be either buying or renting the DVD when it comes out.

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
    What a great movie. I guess I just point out some of the best parts for me.

Did you notice that the opening talking animation? You know where Brock, or the narrattor this time, would talk about the world of Pokemon? Well I thought that animation was so coolies. They showed like the pokemon that was from each Pokemon movie up till now. It all flowed so nicely too with the fight between Mewtwo and Mew up till the last one. That was coolies. I think this was one of the best openings for the movies ever.

Okies, I guess I get this off my chest now but this movie was SO much better then the last one. I mean this one was so coolies as in the storyline and with just the action. Also I guess it helped to have coolies pokemon too.

Also this movie had a lot of involvment from Ash and Friends pokemon. It seems like every pokemon that Ash and Friends had helped out and did something to help. I do have to admit that I did predicted Parchirusu was going to do that but it was still coolies to see that all the pokemon got love in this movie. Teeheehee A lot of pokemon including new ones got sneaked peeked at too. Teeheehee

Darkrai was just a great pokemon. What else can I say? Teeheehee

I miss the Meowth Balloon. Teeheehee

8 out of 10! Why? Well after reading a post how it was simlar to Movie 2 as in the music and then also I saw that it was very familar with Movie 7 then that is kinda a let down. Still it was a great movie and well up the hype too.

Back