• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"The Rise of Darkrai" Movie Discussion

Palkia_279

Palkia's master
Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2008
    If only Pokemon wasn't aimed at 3-year olds, Darkrai would've stayed evil. But no. The parents would be all like "Our kids are going through despiration disease all because of Darkrai!"

Man, if only Pokemon was changed so it could go onto adult swim. There could swearing, blood, kissing, and sweet Pokemon love! (I'm only kidding. :T)

In my fanfic though, Darkrai is going to be the eavil that he is. He's going to torcher people, kill people, decapitate people, all sorts of things. :3

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I haven't watched it (in English) yet but I was watching my sister watch it XD And she let my listen to the opening theme and...URGH. I thought it was horrible. Its not even the opening theme. The whole point of the scene is so we can hear the opening theme (no matter how bad it is) it sounded like jungle music at parts (don't even ask) but when they yelled "POKEMON!" it sounded like the yell from the Battle Frontier opening. Huh!? And WHY did they have to yell "POKEMON" when they made up the new song? Yes, we KNOW its Pokemon. Someone had a theory that this could be the new 11th opening...please...no...the only thing worse than the DP opening...maybe I'll think different when I've watch it for a second time

And I was sad when they got to the end and the credits were different. Couldn't hear the song, but do CN usually have different credits from the actual one so they speed through faster?

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOooo F***ing B******* i F*** HATE HIM ARRRR IM NEVER GOING TO SCOTLAND A F***ING AGIN ARRRGG

YouTube

Part 1
    And just go through the user's profile for the rest of the parts

~Now for me to actually watch it~ Haha

Naito

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2013
    Has anyone even noticed a CROAGUNK blocked a Roar of Time/Spacial Rend with a Posion Jab? Yea... What the heck.

Years
  • Actually, Oracion was the name of the song, not the little leaf she was playing. i do agree grasswhistle is a bettername, rather than the... i think it was.... "leaf flute" like she said in the movie. other than that little detail, yeah, i agree with ya.

Well, Grasswhistle is a dub name of a Pokemon move, so PUSA maybe didn't want to confuse people. Hm. Like how Nintendo used Dusk Ball, as it was originally going to be named "Dark Ball," and confuse people (because of the fourth movie)?

Anyway, Jorah, yeah, I thought dub BF, too, when I heard the chorus. Weird... Or lazy. You make the call!

Eisaku

EmPoLeOn RoX
    Years
  • The movie wasn't so bad.
    The whole song to sooth their savage souls really reminded me of the Lugia and Legendary birds movie.... they could have come up with a better way to do it. O_o
    Other than that the movie was ok. I really loved the little fights with the other trainers .... and on the other hand, it sux that there wasn't much action in the movie.

darkcowboy

Gibbs is EVERYWHERE!
    Years
  • It wouldn't let me edit the post i made earlier so im doing a new one. >_<

The overall story was all right to me and the music was cool. I didn't see the whole thing because I was trying to juggle the movie and Nascar.

My favorite part of the entire movie was at the end where they thought Darkrai was dead, and then his silouette (or however you spell it) appeared on the rocks and they looked up and Darkrai was standing on the tower. That was wicked. It totally reminded me of Batman when the music played and Darkrai appeared on the tower.

(BATMAN RULES)

Actually if Batman had a pokemon, it would be Darkrai.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    K, ignore what I said earlier...the song wasn't THAT bad...but its still not great. Actually, I still hate it because the singing is bad. And it couldn't be the new opening because it yells "DARKRAI" randomly through it. Well, at least that gave me the lulz I was looking for. I've watched it now! Its one of my favourites and I think I could watch it quite a few times because it has so much action. Anyways, my notes and random thoughts!

- Why did the add the Pokemon voices in at the start? They weren't in the Japanese version and these sound HORRIBLE, especially Jirachi
    - They called Ash a "young man"! Aww
    - Did Pelipper keep its original voice? I can't remember the Japanese one
    - When Team Rocket blasted off, the CHING hurt my ear XD It was chingier the usual XD
    - When it says "POKEMON" at 0:36, anyone else think it sounds like the EXACT same "POKEMON" yell that was used in the Battle Frontier opening?
    - I don't think it'll be the new opening though, it yells "DARKRAI" in the background...
    - Drifblim's voice is CUTE!
    - Roserade sounds like Ash again XD Luxray sounds awful
    - Aww it was so cute when Ash wanted to go on the balloon XD
    - LOL at 0:32 (the funny Ash breathing scene)
    - Tonio: I guess Likilicky dreamed about turning into you
    HA! That's Likilicky's nightmare!
    - Tonio: That's the Pokemon said to govern all of time
    LOL "govern"
    - WOW Croagunk is strong to be able to deflect the attack!
    - lol Dawn fallen all that way and didn't even bend her legs when she landed XD
    - The Oricion Theme is beautiful
    - Whaaaat? How did Darkrai come back?
    - Whaaat? Why'd they cut the credits? I wanted to know if "I Will Be With You" is still the ending theme!

Quotes:

Brock: Little Blue Book of Babes
    LOL

Alberto: Excuse me, young lady...BUTT OUT!
    LMAO

Ash: Pikachu, where are you?
    - Scooby dooby doo, where are you? XD That's what I thought

Alberto: My royal tooooooounge!
    XD

Anyway, they changed the calling-Alberto-the-wrong-name thing in the dub. Originally, it was made to sound like Lickilicky's Japanese name mixed up with Alberto but I suppose they couldn't do that n the dub

Ok to me this is the BEST film out of them all sine a very long time..only if you watch the Japanese version. But saying that I havent seent the dub yet, as I only woke up and i just wanted to know what the did with the theme song - and my gosh its horrible and to much of the word Heroes in the song why couldnt they do them theme song they have on the TV series but longer, even if they have to put a Guitar solo if they dnt have enough lyrics in the song, the Movie 8 theme song was great. PUSA have done it again and spoiled it, thats why i liked it when it was with 4Kids even if alot ppl hate that company but they didnt do much wrong with Pokemon, some scenes missing here and there and 3+ banned eps that they couldnt help by. I wounder if this theme song from the film will be the song for Season 11? And yea I also wanted to see the credits but damn CN USA did that again.

Have to agree with you there, 4Kids are better at the opening themes. And I don't think it'll be the next opening because it yells "DARKRAI" randomly. So, so bad...

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • I think I may be crazy, but did anyone else hear them shout "Dark-u-rai!" during the chorus? They alternated between "Pokemon!" and that.

EDIT:
    - I don't think it'll be the new opening though, it yells "DARKRAI" in the background...

I didn't see this. In my defense, I hadn't refreshed this page for a few hours.

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2008
    Theres a couple of things that got me upset

• They didnt get into the three trainers (Emploen Infernape Tortera)
    • Didnt show Paul
    • Didnt show Contest that was being held in Alamos
    Overall I liked it

gameplay

Beginning Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2010
    Theres a couple of things that got me upset

• They didnt get into the three trainers (Emploen Infernape Tortera)
    • Didnt show Paul
    • Didnt show Contest that was being held in Alamos
    Overall I liked it

As for your first point, I have to agree with you.
    As for your second point, they also decide either to include certain people or not.
    As for your third and last point, I heard the contest was supposed to be shown at the credits with Dawn competing in it.

bluechu

World's Only Blue Pikachu!
    Years
  • i randomly turned the movie on last night, not knowning it was on, and watched it from the beginning (ok, so it was around the end of the beginning credits that i turned it on, but still) i did like it, though. personally, i liked "not liking" darkrai. hes just so weird.... im just glad that dialga was winning the fight (at least thats what it looked like to me. he wasnt the one who was injured and ran away now was he? thats what i thought), cause he is so much better than palkia.

Katsu Koneko

明日がある
    Years
  • Well I've seen 30 minutes of the dub will watch the next 30min tomorrow since I watch it before I go to school. xD

The OP was decent..it was catchy until..."POKEMONPOKEMONPOKEMONPOKEMON!" Dude we know it's pokemon, you don't need to shout it in like mostly every single verse. D: That's what ruined the OP for me..

Tonya

Brilliant Loser
    Years
  • I liked the new voices. They fit the characters, though some lines didn't quite...ring right with Alberto. I don't know, maybe it's just me. Darkrai's voice was...okay. I thought the dub, overall, was very good, but I'm disappointed that the three Trainers with the fully-evolved starters didn't get much screen time. Did they even have names?

I noticed that some things were pronounced strangely, or at least different from how I pronounced them. Paul-kia. OrACE-eon. Dee-ALL-ga...haven't they pronounced things differently before, like Lucian's name and Mismagius' name?
    I liked the opening, but, as Katsu said, the "Pokemon! Pokemon! Pokemon!" over and over again, coupled with "Darkrai!" just made me want to mute it. I thought the music was pretty good, the lyrics...eh, not so great.

EDIT:
    And...I was a bit disappointed that they used the voice/cry/snarls of Gyrados for Dialga.

Last edited:
    Years
  • To go with Jorah, yeah, 4Kids are much better with OPs anymore (since 2003 on). And I had thought on that when I heard this one, but it is what it is. So, why grouse on that? And, no, I didn't mind the new dub OP, but I just tuned it out.

Anyway, someone wondered why no Paul, and I'd go "why would he be there?" None of the rivals have ever had an appearance in the movies, except for Gary in the first movie, and that was for continuity's sake. Be cool and all, but wouldn't the big D/P fight take away from his character? Hm?

Moving on, I don't think any one has pointed this out yet, but I'm so glad PUSA continued to release this letterboxed. I know that's being taken for granted these days, but after being without it for so long, it should be appreciated just the same, yes?

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
  • he wasnt the one who was injured and ran away now was he? thats what i thought), cause he is so much better than palkia.
    Actually...Dialga is the one that fled. Palkia did get hurt, but it didn't run away. Palkia pwns! xD

Jezebel

Team Rocket Field Agent
    Years
  • Surprisingly I enjoyed this movie very much, I was quite surprised because I thought it wasn't going to be all that great. I liked Darkrai, he was pretty interesting. I thought Tonio was adorable and I really wanted him and Alice to kiss at the end. But, my dreams were foiled lol. Jessie, James and Meowth of course made me laugh like they usually do! =]

Hmmm.....later on I'll have a better description of what I thought.

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
  • Yeah, I heard Darkrai being said in the background of the song too. Kinda coolies.

Well really I expected a more of a figth between Darkrai with Dialga and Palkia but it seems like Darkrai was more of a in between person which was cool. I mean it wasn't too predicted as a storyline for me since it was different still.

I was thinking the same thing about where is Paul but really I don't think he was really needed for this movie. I mean it was already big enough with three super legendaries running around and Ash already had Dawn and Brock to help him out so if Paul was there then he would either been shafted or just there. So it was kinda good that Paul wasn't there.

Back