• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Samurai Champloo/Paranoia Agent/S-CRY-Ed Club

Jack O'Neill

Banned
Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Chairman Kaga said:
    I loved Paranoia Agent last night...it's so novel for there to be an episode of an anime whose plot is to show the inner workings of an anime studio =p It was great, though. That man ended up killing everyone in the office, and then Lil' Slugger killed him. He deserved it <.<

Did anyone else notice how odd it was that there was a man in that office named Oda Nobunaga? Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't that the name of a powerful Edo shogun?

And Samurai Champloo was a clip show ;______________; I didn't know animes had clip shows.
    Anything's possible in the anime, ranging from clip shows to documentaries about the inner workings of the studios that make them.

By the way, Oda Nobunaga did not rule during the Edo period. Nobunaga ruled from 1573-1582; the Edo period was from 1600-1868 (the rule of the Tokugawa shogunate). Tokugawa Ieyasu, the founder of the Tokugawa shogunate, succeeded Toyotomi Hideyoshi, who succeeded Nobunaga.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • Eh, I just pulled a random Japanese era out of my head Admittedly I know nothing about Japanese history (a combination of my school being at fault and my own laziness ._.; )

Kratos

ghostofsparta
    Years
    • Age 33
    • HFIL
    • Seen Apr 1, 2010
    I saw those episodes last night I liked them all alot. But Samurai Champloo could have been better.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • I suppose the couple of history lessons they gave in that episode were accurate, birdman, though that one on Edo sexuality was unnecessary =/

s-CRY-ed was awesome too. We're finally seeing just how scummy HOLY really is. Max's gundam was almost unbeatable...if Kazuma hadn't have gotten that upgrade it would have been all over o_o;

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Chairman Kaga said:
    s-CRY-ed was awesome too. We're finally seeing just how scummy HOLY really is. Max's gundam was almost unbeatable...if Kazuma hadn't have gotten that upgrade it would have been all over o_o;
    You know, for an organization called HOLY, they're actually quite unholy when it comes to their philosophies, policies, and tactics. Oh, the irony.

Goatman56

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    Man I got all hyper when Kazuma used the upgrade. It was also funny when the called Kanime *don't know if thats how you spell it* Kazumas wife or the other way around. I always thought she was more of a sister to Kazuma.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • Kaname (sp?) is somewhere between sister and significant other to Kazuma, goatman. She's a bit young for love right now, but if Kazuma can survive a couple of years, Kaname X Kazuma isn't out of the question. It looks like a lot of people in the Lost Ground live together out of necessity, as I've always assumed that there are a lot of orphans from the difficulties that abound there.

And, Jack, on top of it all, we'll probably never find out what HOLY (or HOLD for that matter) means, or if it's even an acronym for something -.-;

Kratos

ghostofsparta
    Years
    • Age 33
    • HFIL
    • Seen Apr 1, 2010
    You know what word I really hate now, PINCH!!!!!!!!!!! I hate that guy in s-CRY-ed I'm glad Kazuma terred him apart.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • Pinch is such an odd name, even for a gundam knockoff. Max is the most horrible HOLY member yet, though Ryoho, Scheris, and Commander Jigmar are getting awful too. =/

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • Basically, it was the story of a man working at a studio producing a maromi anime. He is treated meanly by all his co-workers, so he murders them one by one, and in the end Lil' Slugger kills him. Through the episode, maromi also explains the steps it takes to make an anime =p

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Birdman said:
    I saw the first 1/3 of it last night but my mom told me to go to sleep :(. So what happened?
    I wasn't paying much attention to it, so I can't really help you there. The Chairman posted a rather brief summary of that episode of Paranoia Agent somewhere on this page, however; try looking for it.

Chairman Kaga said:
    Max is the most horrible HOLY member yet, though Ryoho, Scheris, and Commander Jigmar are getting awful too. =/
    Agreed. Max Emergy is perhaps the most depraved member of HOLY we've seen so far; I mean, who gives kids bomb-filled toys?! Fortunately, Kazuma thought of the children and kicked his ***.

Ryuho's definitely a scumbag; that kid in that town had every right to call him a traitor for selling out to HOLY. Commander Jigmar is just as morally void as Max and Ryuho, if not even more; he is the one giving out the orders to the other unholy bastards, after all. I kinda have a soft spot for Scheris, so I'll leave her alone...for now.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • I was hoping that s-CRY-ed would be a show that would allow the viewer to identify with both sides of the HOLY vs. inner alter struggle, but I simply cannot bring myself to identify with anything that HOLY stands for now; only a soulless person with the heart of a tyrant could ever support them. Did anyone else notice that they said that the government does not recognize alter users as human? What kind of evil has infiltrated their legislative system so far as to drive them to dehumanize innocent people? I'm furious over the whole situation, and that nobody at HOLY, Mimori aside, has an opinion on alter users that differs in the least from that of the government. It's the HOLY alters that are more inhuman than anyone; they're the ones that need captured and put eternally into cryostasis.

I've got a bad feeling that this may be the last episode of Samurai Champloo for a while tonight. Is this not going to be the halfway point? I almost think I saw on an [as] bump that Samurai Champloo would be "returning" in November, despite the fact that they haven't mentioned its departure once.

[edit 8/15/05] Wow, this really needs to come alive again <_<;[/edit]

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Yeah, this club needs to live again. Besides, there's a whole lot of stuff we need to discuss regarding Samurai Champloo, Paranoia Agent, and s-CRY-ed. Let's discuss, darn it!

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • I know, we've had two new episodes of Paranoia Agent and s-CRY-ed since any discussion happened. This club has missed out on a lot of important details of both stories.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • [as] Did indeed stop airing new Samurai Champloo episodes. As far as I know it should be back in November, about the time that s-CRY-ed ends.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    At this rate, s-CRY-ed is already half-done, I think, and Paranoia Agent's just about to end.

So what happened? Straight Cougar mutinied and helped Mimori escape, Kimishima died, Detective Ikari's wife managed to face Lil' Slugger and survive, we finally found out what happened to Maniwha, and so on and so forth.

Back