• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Event: The Santa Exam [RP Secret Santa '22!]

Years
That's me done now! I'll read the other posts tomorrow probably.

Big thanks to the person who decided to give me an unhinged santa on the verge of a breakdown.

Years
Part 1 is up! Not fancified it yet so it's just in a spoiler so it's not blinding you with ugly, Part 2 is mostly done and will be up ASAP tomorrow (as in the 31st!)

Years
And we're done! Apologies in advance for whoever gave me my character, it really seemed like she was to be a happy go lucky Christmas loving last but the idea just kinda popped into my head and stuck, so though YOLO I'm going to just go with it!

Thanks Anna Banana for organising this, I definitely think more of these need to pop up over the course of 2023, RP blind date for Valentines, anyone?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
HELLO EVERYONE!! I'm a day late because I got roped into playing Minecraft for eleven hours straight yesterday but- that's a wrap on the exams! Thank you all for participating, even those who didn't have time to write a post! I'll do a little IC thing shortly announcing the exam results. Meanwhile, here's the list of Santas and their giftees!

Arcaneum created Niklaus Polarhosen for gimmepie!

Fen-Fen created Robo-Cat Unit 122 for Janp!

Foxrally created The Speed for QueenNothing!

gimmepie created Lucifer for Foxrally!

Groc created Letitia Snow for Arcaneum!

Janp created Clara Yule for Groc!

QueenNothing created Kansas Ruth Medvedev for Fen-Fen!

Feel free to chit chat in here about the event for a while! Any feedback you have for me is also welcome; I always want to keep adjusting events to make then as fun and accessable as possible! For Secret Santa in particular there's not much we can really do about it being over the busy holiday season, I suppose, but what else do we think would make it more viable for everyone to play in this space more?

pings
Spoiler:

Years
And we're done! Apologies in advance for whoever gave me my character, it really seemed like she was to be a happy go lucky Christmas loving last but the idea just kinda popped into my head and stuck, so though YOLO I'm going to just go with it!

Thanks Anna Banana for organising this, I definitely think more of these need to pop up over the course of 2023, RP blind date for Valentines, anyone?

Honestly it's better than I could have imagined! I just threw ideas at the wall, seeing what stuck, and you made something glorious from it. I'd expect nothing less from getting the Winter Court involved, hehe.

Years
You know me well, Aaron. Niklaus was a lot of fun to write. Completely up my alley.

The event itself was excellent this year too. The concept behind it and the way it was structured with the various problem elements were both really good ideas and I'd like to see something similar done next time. The only thing that irked me a little was the inability to write with a partner from the very beginning which hurt my motivation a little, but I also very much understand why you chose to do it that way and can't fault the reasoning behind it, especially when I ended up cutting it so fine myself in regards to the deadline.

Years
Honestly it's better than I could have imagined! I just threw ideas at the wall, seeing what stuck, and you made something glorious from it. I'd expect nothing less from getting the Winter Court involved, hehe.

I am glad that I did well, in that case! Like I was playing the scene out in my head and in that headcanon it just seemed to flow naturally into this twist, so I couldn't not write it! Thank you for the character, it was a really fun time!

You know me well, Aaron. Niklaus was a lot of fun to write. Completely up my alley.

The event itself was excellent this year too. The concept behind it and the way it was structured with the various problem elements were both really good ideas and I'd like to see something similar done next time. The only thing that irked me a little was the inability to write with a partner from the very beginning which hurt my motivation a little, but I also very much understand why you chose to do it that way and can't fault the reasoning behind it, especially when I ended up cutting it so fine myself in regards to the deadline.

Well I am glad that you enjoyed the prompt! Honestly, I had initially misremembered the event and thought we would be creating and writing our own characters, so Niklaus I actually had in my head all planned out and everything ready to write out, but you completely smashed it and definitely managed to go above and beyond what I had in mind, it was a great read!

In terms of the event - as it is I think it's great, the only thing that would need looking at is unfortunately the factor we can't control which is the holiday season. That said, don't see why this can't be a format for things throughout the year also, including perhaps even having this as a GT event too? Or even maybe a monthly thing - something potentially even involving continuity with previous ones (for example, I think a really funny thing for the summer could say be us writing about a summer vacation as these prospective Santas we just wrote about!).

We could have the option of picking a partner and such if you wanted, although I think that might complicate things and also make others maybe feel a little left out or something, as it is I think the event is great!

Years
Well I am glad that you enjoyed the prompt! Honestly, I had initially misremembered the event and thought we would be creating and writing our own characters, so Niklaus I actually had in my head all planned out and everything ready to write out, but you completely smashed it and definitely managed to go above and beyond what I had in mind, it was a great read!

That's hilarious. I'm glad you approve haha.
What were you going to do originally?

Years
That's hilarious. I'm glad you approve haha.
What were you going to do originally?

So I was going to go along the route of paranoia/insanity and have it so he has an almost perfect exam, meticulously planned, which then just completely unfurls at the end and he loses it, only for it to all turn out to be a dream...

...only he then gets up thinking all is well and realises he's in fact severely late to the exam and misses it anyway.

I much prefer him going completely unhinged though!

Years
So I was going to go along the route of paranoia/insanity and have it so he has an almost perfect exam, meticulously planned, which then just completely unfurls at the end and he loses it, only for it to all turn out to be a dream...

...only he then gets up thinking all is well and realises he's in fact severely late to the exam and misses it anyway.

I much prefer him going completely unhinged though!

That would have been a funny read.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
That said, don't see why this can't be a format for things throughout the year also, including perhaps even having this as a GT event too? Or even maybe a monthly thing - something potentially even involving continuity with previous ones (for example, I think a really funny thing for the summer could say be us writing about a summer vacation as these prospective Santas we just wrote about!).

We could have the option of picking a partner and such if you wanted, although I think that might complicate things and also make others maybe feel a little left out or something, as it is I think the event is great!
yo i love the idea of characters returning in future events! with provisions in place for those who hadn't participated in this event to make their own along the same guidelines ofc.

I think in terms of format I'm more inclined to save the concept of character gifts for holiday time exclusively; that's always my big focus for the end of year one! Otherwise having an event be relaively rigid in terms of setting and giving y'all a decent chunk of prompts works for any amount of things, right? idk about monthly at the moment though - it's even difficult to turn right around and do Valentine's Day on the back of Secret Santa; to do that effectively we should have the VDay OOC out by January 17 to get a full 4 weeks or the 24th at the latest to allow one week of character creation and two of writing. The frequency of events is definitely something I want to pump up though! Especially since we just have such a small amount of available RPs. Right now I'm kinda lookin at doing something for Valentine's and during October (Halloween), and your suggestion of summer vacation in the middle there somewhere~

I want to be able to do more things that encourage writing together or pairing up but I've been wary because of.... how long I know JPs take haha. It's hard to balance!

Back