• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Second Coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2010
    Dusty
    Arena's Top stands

Dusty watched the fight in amusement. He chuckled a little. "Well it seems as though these children learned to never underestimate their opponents again. But I wonder wht will happen when they have to fight my little entry. Flade was unable to do this, and it took me a while until I found someone who would agree to help....I wonder what she will do when faced against one of these children." he said to himself. Next to him, was apparently the girl he was speaking of. She was dressed with a dark pink mask over her face.

She began to speak in a voice so beautiful it would bring any straight man to his knees, begging her to speak again.
    "So Dusty, you honestly think these kiddies can defeat me so easily? Or do you just want to piss them off even more?" she asked politely.

Dusty merely looked out into the field. And watched the battle continue. "A little...of both." he said bluntly.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    (After Golem, there's Pichu and Torkoal ^^ I'll post later; need to eat my lunch (and figure out how to change my desktop image ><') XD)

Yrie

I'm done here. Ciao~
    Years
    Ooc:// I'm going to go back in time a little bit for the beginning of my post, just thought you should know, in case it sounds a bit weird.

Weslyn ran into the Pokemon League building, the place where she was supposed to sign up for the Grand Tourney. Unfortunately for her, the person at the desk was about as far from helpful and friendly as you could get, though Weslyn tried to be polite and somewhat friendly.

"Hello, I'm here to enter the Grand Tourney." She said, with some element of cheeriness, though the nurse continued to look bored as she glanced at her.

"Badges." The nurse said in a low monotone, wow, what's with her? Weslyn thought as she extracted a black case containing her hard earned badges, one of her most treasured possessions. She presented them to the nurse, who merely nodded, and hid her face behind a large sheet, running her finger down it.

"Room 738." She said dully, and Weslyn thanked her before leaving as fast as she could. She sure didn't want to stick around that woman. Not someone as boring, disinteresting as her, not that she liked to hang around people with that kind of job anyways, but still. She felt a sudden touch of empathy, it must be hard and dull to have that kind of job, stick around checking IDs and Gym Badges all day, it had to get boring at some point. A person that stood around doing this for fun and for laughs was either a robot, or had some sort of mental issue, at least in Weslyn's book.

Ooc:// Whew! That was the hardest introductory post I ever had to write, I'll do this in parts, 'cause if I combined it all it would likely be more of a small chapter book than anything. So here's the first part of it all.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    -Kit-

Getting tired of Leila's arrogance, Kit began to get frustrated. But it was a good thing. Her frustration usually led to the opponent's demise.

"Aura, Eruption. Now." The Typhlosion let out a loud roar, and immediately fire began bursting from the ground. At first, it started in a circle distances away from the Golem. But it began moving closer ensuring it would hit. The Golem tried to move away, but was soon ensnared in a ring of fire, moving closer and closer with each blast, until finally... The fire caught Golem, and blasted it with all its might. When the ring of fire vanished, the Golem was left unconscious.

"Wow..." Kit muttered. She was amazed Eruption managed to KO such a powerful Pokemon.

Sublime

Blimey!
    Years
    Dom
    Room 628

"C'mon Kit. Just two pokemon left!" Dom said in excitement. He was still watching the ever-exciting battle that was going on. His pokemon had finnaly gotten involved in watching it to. They were cheering along with Dom as the time passed.

"Man, as exciting as this battle is, I hope its over soon.." Dom mumbled to himself

-----
    Norm
    Tourney Stadium

Norm had reduced his wild cheering to quiet wooing. His throat was sore from all the screaming and his muscles were aching from the dancing.

"Well now" Norm said with a hoarse chuckle. "This battle is nearing its end and I think Kit might have it all wrapped up!"

At least I hope she does.. I would hate to see here lose.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    -Kit-

"OK! My next Pokemon! TORKOAL!!!" The large fire turtle let out a gust of smoke, making Aura cough. "Torkoal may look weak, but she packs a punch!" Leila smiled. She had a feeling the Typhlosion would soon be unconscious. Kit had that same exact feeling, too.

"Alright, Aura, Earthquake!" The ground began rumbling violently, and the Torkoal hit the ground. It barely managed to stand up. There's something odd about this Pokemon, Kit thought. Better not let my guard down...

"OK, Torkoal, you use Earthquake now!!!" The Torkoal stomped on the ground, and like the Typhlosion's Earthquake, Aura was hit directly. Aura staggered back a bit, but managed to hold her ground.

"Aura, use Hyper Beam!" It was a poor idea, but Kit expected Aura would faint sooner or later. The Typhlosion let out a huge blast of light, which also hit the Torkoal directly. The Torkoal once again barely managed to stand its ground. Aura, on the other hand, looked like it needed to rest up a bit.

"Perfect! Earthquake, again!" The pointed stones once again hit Aura. She fell to the ground this time, got up, and still looked tired.

"Now, Earthquake, ONE MORE TIME!!!" The impact knocked the poor Typhlosion to the back, knocking it unconscious.

"Good job, Aura!" Kit walked over and picked up the unconscious Typhlosion as best she could. Well, time for my next Pokemon... That thing should be weak by now... Kit thought.

"Oh, yes! Choice Band worked!" Leila chanted.

Sublime

Blimey!
    Years
    Dom
    Room 628

"Woahh.. That Torkoal is a beast. But now it can only use Earthquake. That trainer made a mistake letting Kit know that Torkoal was using Choice Band." Dom said to himself aloud.

"Guys, I just realized something!" Dom said to his pokemon. "I can give you guys items to improve your attacks!!"

The pokemon jumped up and down in joy, awaiting their items. After a few minutes of rummaging, Dom found all the items he needed.

Farfetch'd got a stick. An average looking leek, but it raised Farfetch'd's power to land critical hits.

Gengar got Black Glasses. Sharp looking glasses that raised Gengar's dark attacks.

Poliwrath got simple Leftovers. They restored his health a little each turn.

Machamp got a Black Belt. It improved his Fighting attacks by 10%

Arcanine got Charcoal. It improved his Fire attacks by 10%

And finnaly, Dragonite got a Dragon Fang. Which increased his Dragon attacks by 10%

"Alright guys! We're all set!" Dom said merrily.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    -Kit-

"Well, Aura had a Leftovers, Krystal and Amber's items I won't say 'til they faint, Noel had a Life Orb, so she really couldn't last long, Gale had a King's Rock, so it was easier for your Pokemon to flinch, and Naru had a Black Belt, increasing her fighting moves. And now, go, Krystal!" The Glaceon stepped out onto the field. Leila laughed.

"You're hopeless!" Leila exclaimed.

"You can't use any other move besides Earthquake." Leila grimaced at the remark; she knew it was true.

"Alright, Krystal, Water Pulse!" The Glaceon fired a burst of water at the Torkoal. Smoke flew out of the Torkoal's body in a pinch, and the Torkoal lost consciousness.

"I knew your Torkoal was low on health. And since you have one Pokemon left, I'll tell you Krystal's item: Scope Lens. It increases her chance of launching a critical hit. Harsh, huh?" Kit smiled.

"It isn't over yet..." Leila said, her teeth gritted.

Yrie

I'm done here. Ciao~
    Years
    Weslyn found out her opponent soon after entering her room, well, she would, seeing as there was a large screen, which she later found out was a computer sort of thing, which displayed her opponents name and other information. Setting down her backpack, she studied her opponent, one hand creeping down to the Pokeballs clipped to a belt at her waist. She smiled, they were her trusted, closest friends, the bond between herself and her Pokemon was extremely tight, hopefully they could pull through to at least make it past her first opponent, because otherwise she would be somewhat embarrassed. Plus the fact that she herself would feel like a lousy trainer. Forcing that thought away, she turned her attention back to the screen.

Name: Jason Bright
    Pokemon:

Nidoking/ Male
    Espeon/ Female
    Gastrodon/ Male
    Dragonair/ Male
    Meganium/ Female
    Glalie/ Male

"Lets see here…Floatzel'll be good against Nidoking, though we don't know much about the actual Pokemon, so we might have to rethink things on the battlefield. Wait, what am I doing, not letting Lucario out?" She unclipped a pokeball and pressed the small white button. A red glow filled a small portion of the room as a bipedal jackal-like Pokemon appeared, and it stood next to her as they studied the screen. "Espeon…well, Floatzel and Luxray both know Crunch, which would be super effective, but no one else on our team knows it, and Espeon will be hard to beat if I face it with you, Lucario." She muttered, and Lucario gave a small nod of agreement.

"Luxray won't stand a chance against Gastrodon, and the Gastrodon'll be good against you too, but Torterra could take him easily. Dragonair….will be tough, Floatzel knows Ice Fang, and you know Dragon Pulse, but that might not be enough….we might have to just use our stronger attacks, the moderately effective ones, to defeat it, we can work it out. In fact, I think we will after I've got the rest figured out. Meganium, Quil can take her, as can Skarmory, and the same, Quil and Skarmory, for Glalie, I think. Now to work out weaknesses…" They continued to stay there, Weslyn talking in a low voice, Lucario in a growl, as they contemplated their opponent, growing more nervous and excited for the coming battle.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    (Yay XD I can continue.)

-Kit-

"Now, for my final Pokemon... C'mon out!" The small mouse-like Pokemon made Krystal fall on the floor and roll round laughing.

"Don't underestimate it, Krystal!" Kit called to the clearly off-guard Glaceon.

"Wow, are you ever right. Pichu, Iron Tail!" The Pichu jumped up and started dashing towards the Glaceon, still rolling around on the ground. The Pichu's tail lit up, and before Krystal could get out of the way, the Pichu hit it on the mark. Krystal was sent back into the walls, and fell harshly to the ground. She tried getting up, but fell back down.

"Told you, Krystal..." Kit muttered. "Well, now it's time for...Amber!" Amber seemed pleased that she was going up against a Pichu. After all, it had been so long since she had been such a tiny creature, and she wanted to test her own abilities against it.

Yrie

I'm done here. Ciao~
    Years
    "Welcome again! One and all! I hope you got a great rest, because now we introduce our competitors! Hundreds of trainers from all over the globe have entered here. Now, we mut reduce it down to one hundred trainers for EACH region's challenge! Today, instead of the preliminaries, we have dubbed this the entry exam! The one hundred trainers that advance today, will THEN be eligible to enter the preliminaries, and so on and so forth. But now, we introduce our FIRST challengers, Kit! and Laila! Both of you, come on down! Now, you two will have very few limitations for this match. No using any moves/items that can cure a status ailment, a pokemon can NOT be recalled to its pokeball if confused, and you may NOT switch out until your pokemon of choice has been defeated. Now, if no one has any questions, let the match, BEGIN!"

Suddenly, the screen in her room switched to the arena, all of Weslyn's Pokemon were sitting up as they suddenly turned towards the screen. They had been trying to work out a strategy, but now that the battles had started, they were all fixed to the screen, their eyes unblinking as they watched the battle unfold. Suddenly, something warm crawled into her lap, and she looked down, Quilava blinked contentedly up at her, it was rather large, and so only the front half of its body was actually on Weslyn's lap, but it looked extremely excited as it watched the battle carefully. Weslyn had always used Quilava to wipe the smirks off the faces of those who thought the only decent Pokemon were fully evolved ones. And there were a surprisingly large amount of those people. Quilava had never felt the desire to evolve, she had proved that she could be just as powerful as any Typhlosion that stood on equal ground with her. Then Weslyn's thoughts turned back to the battle.

Geez this girl is good, and so is her opponent. I wonder if I'll be able to even compare to that. Weslyn was suddenly nervous, she knew she had some more time, to think things through, to calm herself down, but she still couldn't banish the nervous feeling that had suddenly settled in her stomach.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    -Kit-

"This is the last round..." Kit muttered. "Amber, Dig!" The Raichu quickly dug a hole in the ground, and went under it. Leila laughed.

"Pichu, follow it! Then, use Volt Tackle!" The Pichu did as told. As soon as it disappeared from sight, the whole crowd - including Kit and Leila - was put in suspense. They waited a few seconds, and then, from out of the hole, a burst of electricity came.

"Well, looks like I win," Leila happily exclaimed.

"Looks like you're wrong." Kit looked at the two ears sticking out of the hole. Sure enough, they were Amber's. When Amber came out, she had the Pichu wrapped in its tail. It was definitely unconscious.

"No!" Leila shouted.

"Well, since you lost... Amber had a Focus Band, which would help her out in case she was close to fainting. But good match." Kit smiled. Leila scowled and walked away without another word, clutching her Pichu.

"Thank you, Amber," Kit said to her thrilled Raichu. "Now I wonder who's next..."

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2010
    -Kit-

"This is the last round..." Kit muttered. "Amber, Dig!" The Raichu quickly dug a hole in the ground, and went under it. Leila laughed.

"Pichu, follow it! Then, use Volt Tackle!" The Pichu did as told. As soon as it disappeared from sight, the whole crowd - including Kit and Leila - was put in suspense. They waited a few seconds, and then, from out of the hole, a burst of electricity came.

"Well, looks like I win," Leila happily exclaimed.

"Looks like you're wrong." Kit looked at the two ears sticking out of the hole. Sure enough, they were Amber's. When Amber came out, she had the Pichu wrapped in its tail. It was definitely unconscious.

"No!" Leila shouted.

"Well, since you lost... Amber had a Focus Band, which would help her out in case she was close to fainting. But good match." Kit smiled. Leila scowled and walked away without another word, clutching her Pichu.

"Thank you, Amber," Kit said to her thrilled Raichu. "Now I wonder who's next..."
    (( How many pokemon was that?? Was that like, at least five that you beat? ))

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2010
    ((she beat all six. Pichu was the last one.))
    (( Got it, thanks))

Will
    Arena #1

"And we have our winner ladies and gentlmen! Well done dear Kit, very well done. You may now leave the stage and report back to the rest area with the rest of the awaiting trainers. Next we will have a three pokemon battle...." he continued on with the rules, and two trainers arose from the "pit". They began their battle, and a few hours later, they ended with a draw. The twp trainers left the stage also to the rest area.

"Wel, unfortunately Im really hungry!" he lamely joked "So we wil continue the battles after a two hour break. This would be a perfect time for all trainers to come up with new strategies. So have fun, think clearly, and report back in two hours. Any late returns will no longer e allowed to battle. SO GOOD LUCK!" He walked off the stage, and back into his quarters.

Sublime

Blimey!
    Years
    Dom
    Room 628/ Trainer's Pit

Dom watched the finale of the battle and pumped his fist in the air. "Way to go Kit!". He then watched the proceeding battle. It wasn't as interesting as Kit's and ended in a draw. Then Will made an announcement that all trainers shoud report to the pit in two hours or face disqualification.

"Oh boy, better get down there quick!" Dom said, recalling his pokemon. After about 30 minutes of fumbling his way around the arena, he found the Trainers Pit. He walked inside and sat down on one of the plastic chairs that circled the room.

There was a large monitor that showed the battle feild. It currently said "We are taking a short intermission!". The camera panned the feild with the message on the screen.

Dom sat quietly, fiddling with his hands. He looked around at the other trainers.

Some were tlaking strategy with their pokemon. Some were conversing with other trainers. And some were doing the same thing he was doing, waiting nervously.

Dom stared to whistle a tune to ease his nervous mind. He thought of his battle. He thought of every last error he could possibly make. He was proofreading his battle, I guess you could say.

"I wonder when I'm up..." Dom mumbled to himself.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2010
    (( My new character makes an appereance! xD))
    Madam Vrouj
    Trainer's Pit

Madam walked into the Trainer's Pit after the announcement. "Many people here" she said aloud.
    She walked over next to where Dom was sitting. She heard him mension something about an opponent.

"Oh I wouldnt worry to much about that. No matter who we go up against, a performance of our best skill is what the judge is looking for. After all, one of us all will be facing him one day. He is part of the Johto Elite Four. Anyways, Im terribly sorry for being so intruding, I'm Madam Vrouj, or Madam as everyone back home calls me." she said extending her arm to Dom.

She noticed that on the board it said that she would be one of the next trainers up. "Well how fun!" she said aloud once more. She was never skilled at keeping her thoughts to herself.

Sublime

Blimey!
    Years
    Dom
    Trainers Pit

Dom looked up to the strange woman who randomly arroached him. "Pleasure...to meet you?" He said awkwardly.

"I wonder what it will be like, facing Will?" Dom aksed himself. "Well, it's not like I havn't faced tougher opponents." Dom thought of the Everyblast, then the incident in Lavender. He took a quick glacne at his knuckles, which were a light pink color. A vicious reminder of that day.

The monitor changed and displayed a new set of words. "We are picking the next match up soon!" Is what it now read.

"Ugh, finnaly." Dom said with a groan. He looked around for his opponent that he would be facing. He found him chatting with a couple female trainers. <Heh, quite the ladies man, is he?> Dom thought to himself.

EDIT: wow, i completely misread the Will part of your post >_< my bad. i'll fix it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2010
    Madam

"Well Im sure you have....but Will is a unique trainer. With his abilities, and his training under a Sage, I doubt he would be any shorter in power than say...Dusty." she finished. She saw the new screen blip up hr picture with another trainer. She had recognized the trainer as a follower of Flade. She knew she would enjoy this battle.

"I wonder what Dusty is doing now...as well as Will. I wonder what happened to all of the Sages really....so many have been gone, and so many have appeared again....it just quizes me to a point where I can contiain my excitement." yet again, she thought aloud. She looked around at all of the trainers staring at her. She merely gave an awkward, embarassed smile, and returned to her chair/ "So much for opptimism" she muttered.

Sublime

Blimey!
    Years
    Dom
    Trainers Pit

"Well if you really wish to know," Dom said aloud to the Madam. "Norm is currently my mentor, Serene has taken a boy named Faust under her wing, Faltse is dead, and Dusty and Flade are out being traitorous bastards. That should fill ya in on all your need-to-know info." He finished the statement with a low, angry tone.

He looked up at the screen and saw Rydia and the Madam herself paired up for the next match.

"Well then, looks like more waiting for me." Dom said with a grumble. He took another look back at his opponent, who was now alone adn looking at the screen. He seemed kind of dissapointed that he wasnt up yet, but his dissapointment turned to happiness again as two very nice looking girls approached him.

Dom scoffed at the boys ignorance and slouched in his seat.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back