• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Shoddy Elements League

Rabid Ditto3 8

Migrating Coconut
    Years
    Question: Not that I'm gonna get there any time soon, but since Natedogg has the rule of UU only and he's in the Elite Four, doesn't that limit a challenger's whole E4 team to UU while the other three Elite Four can use OU?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2024
    Question: Not that I'm gonna get there any time soon, but since Natedogg has the rule of UU only and he's in the Elite Four, doesn't that limit a challenger's whole E4 team to UU while the other three Elite Four can use OU?

No, it means you both use UU pokes, you know as in a UU battle lol :/

Rabid Ditto3 8

Migrating Coconut
    Years
    No, it means you both use UU pokes, you know as in a UU battle lol :/

-Sigh-

I am very aware of what a UU battle is.

My question is the since Nate's rule is that you have to use UU, that means the team you use for all of the E4 has to be UU, since you cant change teams during an E4 challenge.

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
    The rules state nothing about team changing through the Elite 4. If the E4 can't handle someone changing teams, then they don't deserved the position. Plus a lot of us have more than one workable team to choose from, therefore giving the opponent the ability to switch isn't that big of a deal. (And since we're not monotype, it's not like you'll bring in a team to completely beat out our type...since we don't have one, and that's probably the reason for the rule in all the other leagues as well as realism to the game).

parkwater

Getting serious about battling
    Years
    • tn
    • Seen Nov 21, 2013
    i would like to join this group just let me know how and who to face
    i have pokemon pearl if that makes a difference
    also i am new to this webiste so give me time to figure things out

.Aero

Years
    *sigh*....

This place has fallen into a dark abyss of noobs who don't bother to EVEN READ THE THREAD TITLE.

.Aero

Years
    Your post confuses me. xD

Actually, my day has been great. I went to go get some nice Jordan's for basketball which starts tomorrow, as well as some new shorts and stuff, and then I went to go get some pretzels at Auntie Anne's (if you know what that is) and that was fun, then I got a 1600 Microsoft point card for the new DLC for Borderlands that's releasing on Tuesday. I was all happy and fun loving until I read that post. :( It's sad to see this community falling apart bit by bit with ignorant people who can't do a little bit of research before posting something stupid.

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    This is why I drifted away from Pokemon once again. If you guys would like to, it no longer matters whether this league dies at this point or not. Most of the capable battlers are part of the league and all the other battlers are newbies who don't understand much :/

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    No I meant it was terrible in terms of the swarm of noobs invaded Pokecommunit lol...
    I challenge Ooka-

Well, I'm posting this so you don't automatically get my badge.

I need to build a new team, since my assumption is you have a counter to mine or something, lol. But even if you didn't, my team needs a revamp, so I'm closing my gym down to build a new one. Shouldn't take me any longer than a couple days.

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    Well, I'm not about to go back and figure out how many new wins, etc. you guys have so just post por favor.

Salvation

To be saved.
    Years
    Tbh, XEL, you need to clearly clean up your act =/

I mean really, update things will you, you're running a league.

And while Im at it, this thing is dying like Dark Abyss from Mysidia

Rabid Ditto3 8

Migrating Coconut
    Years
    Most of the capable battlers are part of the league and all the other battlers are newbies who don't understand much :/

That's very untrue. A lot of people just don't like Shoddy. I, along with many other people, believe it takes the fun out of battling. I stopped my challenge after I saw someone use SkarmBliss. I mean it was an efficient team, but absolutely no fun to challenge.

There are plenty of very talented trainers here who just prefer Wi-Fi.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    I stopped my challenge after I saw someone use SkarmBliss. I mean it was an efficient team, but absolutely no fun to challenge.
    I don't understand why you would stop challenging a league because of one person's team.

.Aero

Years
    ~_~ I'm appalled at the Shoddy hate that the Battle Stadium just oozes. I'm sick of people disliking it for no reason at all. If you don't think it's fun, then you must be quite the strange person. If you consider making countless teams and testing them all out against some of the best at PC "not fun", then maybe you should quit pokemon.

Seriously.

Shoddy is the greatest invention since peanut butter and jelly, and this is the kind of love it gets? I'm sickened.

Back