• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Sony controller

Chase Leader

Music Is My Miracle Drug!
    Years
    Not only is that not an argument but its not even cogent...if it were an argument it would be beyond weak. Your logic sucks...no offense.

Sony might dominate E3 but I could be mistaken...I like the sound of Twilight Princess...Spore...and Gears of War...all non-sony games...

For the love of god hold an open mind.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    I freaked out when I heard this. Kinda made a pact never to buy anything made from Sony ever again. Not sure if I'll follow through with this. At the base though, it just shows that Sony has absolutely no creativity...and can't think for themselves.

Their control still looks like it's predecessor, and it has no rumble. People have also said it feels cheap.

The Wii control has had none of those problems. Who'll be laughing in the long run?

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    Axel said:
    https://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comics/20060512.jpg

The Sony Pii, coming to a store near you! XD
    Awww, I was gonna link that.

But yes, also notice how the name on the console looks just like the Spiderman movie text?

On the controller: At least Nintendo can make their's look different and unique each time. All Sony did was slap on the X-Box glow-dome while switching the names and steal the motion sensor idea from Nintendo. The same way they got into the business of video games, leeching the popularity of Nintendo.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    I'd also like to slide in a comment here about how the console looks just as a bad as the controller.

Personally, I thought the boomerang was better than the PS2 rehash.

Zone

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2006
    Shadow said:

But yes, also notice how the name on the console looks just like the Spiderman movie text?

On the controller: At least Nintendo can make their's look different and unique each time. All Sony did was slap on the X-Box glow-dome while switching the names and steal the motion sensor idea from Nintendo. The same way they got into the business of video games, leeching the popularity of Nintendo.

Sony had something to do with the Spiderman movies, so that explains why the PS3's name on the system is in that font.

Years
    Well, that's how big business works these days. Once somebody puts out something that is revolutionary, others will take it, mold it to their specs and make boatloads of cash. Who cares about eithics in business these days? It's everyone for themselves.

And that's why Sony's still at the top of the video game food chain.

No use crying about it.

1nintendofanZ

The One Who Makes It Happen
    Years
    Paul said:
    I'd also like to slide in a comment here about how the console looks just as a bad as the controller.

This here comment makes me remember something the PS3 looks like a scanner. So don't set it next to your computer you might lose it.The fact that they've basicly stolen other people's ideas is just disgusting and you'd think after a few years in the bussiness thay'd get at least a little creativity. I mean come on alls they did was change the controller not even 9%.

1nintendofanZ

The One Who Makes It Happen
    Years
    Paul said:

This here comment makes me remember something the PS3 looks like a scanner. So don't set it next to your computer you might lose it.The fact that they've basicly stolen other people's ideas is just disgusting and you'd think after a few years in the bussiness thay'd get at least a little creativity. I mean come on alls they did was change the controller not even 9%.

Years
    Shadow said:

Um, dude. If I'm not mistaken, Sony got into the game business when they made a deal with Nintendo to develop a CD add on to the SNES. This was in reaction to Sega making the Sega CD. However, Nintendo got scared because they thought Sony would get all the profits for the CD-ROM and the failure of the Sega CD, Nintendo backed out of their deal with Sony and signed up with Phillips to develop the SNES CD add on.

Because of that, Sony decided to make their own CD based game system using the knowledge they gained while working with Nintendo on the dead SNES CD add on project. And as you know, the rest is history. Once the PlayStation debuted after Sega screwed up its launch with the Saturn and Nintendo busy developing the cartrage based 64, the video game market fell into Sony's grasp.

If Nintendo never made that deal with Sony or they never backed out of it, The PlayStation might not have come to fruition at all.

So, you can't say that Sony got into video games by leeching off of Nintendo' popularity. They stabbed Sony in the back, dropping them and signing with Phillips, so Sony came back in full force and made Nintendo pay for it.

And this is ALL TRUE!!!

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2006
    its not the first time they have tooken something from nintendo, remember the anologue stick or the shoulder pads

Dark Quill

Shadow of a demon
    Years
    I'm not gonna read the whole thread, but I'll make this clear: It's not a ripoff of the Wii controller, but it's still a ripoff of a Nintendo product.
    Sony wanted to be original. They made their boomerang. It sucked, and they were getting booed. So they needed to look "cool" again, so they stole Nintendo's wonderful ideas.
    No, they didn't steal motion-sensor controllers. They stole tilt-controll sensors.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=DJ5PY9CS9TA

For those of you who dont wanna watch, or can't understand (oh god -_-), its a trailer of an old Kirby Gameboy Color game, with a dumb Sony executive doing the voice-over for the PS3 controller.
    So there you have it. PS3 controller is matched (and also beaten) by a Gameboy Color game, before it's even been released.

Fun anyone? How about no.

Zone

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2006
    Dark Quill said:
    I'm not gonna read the whole thread, but I'll make this clear: It's not a ripoff of the Wii controller, but it's still a ripoff of a Nintendo product.
    Sony wanted to be original. They made their boomerang. It sucked, and they were getting booed. So they needed to look "cool" again, so they stole Nintendo's wonderful ideas.
    No, they didn't steal motion-sensor controllers. They stole tilt-controll sensors.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=DJ5PY9CS9TA

For those of you who dont wanna watch, or can't understand (oh god -_-), its a trailer of an old Kirby Gameboy Color game, with a dumb Sony executive doing the voice-over for the PS3 controller.
    So there you have it. PS3 controller is matched (and also beaten) by a Gameboy Color game, before it's even been released.

Fun anyone? How about no.

Yes. Also, the original Playstation controller was a giant ripoff of the SNES controller. It was the same thing but with different button names, the Start and Select buttons were shaped differently. there were two more shoulder buttons and the D-pad was replaced with a pseudo D-pad. Then they ripped off Nintendo by adding the analog sticks, which they made new controllers with once the N64 was released. The PS2 controller brought nothing new that I am aware of aside from analog face buttons.

Back