• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Fandoms] ~The Sorting Hat!~ *:+. A Personality Type Club

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Ah, personality type and theory. I honestly love the idea for a handful of reasons. Firstly I like the idea for identifying or better understanding a character in writing and other places, it makes me feel like I understand them more and it gives them more depth. The idea also just gives me inspiration for many things, and taking a personality quiz makes me feel more aware of myself. And, to top it all off, it just piques my curiosity, while personality is hard to box in and label, just exploring what we are like makes me interested.

As far as the quizzes went...
    MBTI: INFP-T (This result has flip-flopped since I first took the test a few years ago, it used to be INFJ, but still, I like the idea of finding ideal solutions that work both logically and emotionally, but it doesn't mean I won't stand by something strongly.)
    House: Hufflepuff (I don't know much about Harry Potter so this one is kinda lost on me.)
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral (An interesting one, though I take it with a grain of salt because the questions were vague or dependent on the context.)
    Homestuck sign: Aquapio (Firstly, I just love the name. Secondly, the whole quiz was most intriguing to me, and it felt much more personal. The breakdown of each aspect is nice, and the small parts of each fit together quite well, I'm kinda stunned.)

Between all of them, I honestly think the Extended Zodiac Sign (Aquapio) was most fitting, the thirst for knowledge, the enjoyment of creativity, and the liking of intelligence. Each is a pretty apt description.
    Yes, I love especially the MBTI types because they have thoroughly explored and defined different types and reading about them makes me better understand both myself and others. It's such a relief to see that there are weird things I do that are perfectly normal for most ENFPs :)

Interesting that you were an Aquapio and a Hufflepuff. I know the tests aren't of the same depth, but Aquapio from what you say here sounds more like Ravenclaw.

Years
  • Isn't ENFP quite a common personality type though. A normalised distribution of people you interact with should yield a few other ENFP types I would have thought. What I'm trying to say is that you should have potentially noticed other people doing the ''weird things you do'' as chances are likely you would have come across other ENFP types. This is of course purely hypothetical...

In my circumstances I find it much harder to relate to other people as my personality typing is much less common.

Years
  • signing up

ENTP Ravenclaw

I like to say I'm chaotic neutral but then I wind up usually as chaotic good based on self evaluation.

Isn't ENFP quite a common personality type though. A normalised distribution of people you interact with should yield a few other ENFP types I would have thought. What I'm trying to say is that you should have potentially noticed other people doing the ''weird things you do'' as chances are likely you would have come across other ENFP types. This is of course purely hypothetical...

In my circumstances I find it much harder to relate to other people as my personality typing is much less common.

I dunno man! They say that birds of a feather flock together and I see that with N types a lot, my friends in college and even high school included

EDIT: Yep; got chaotic neutral

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    I'd love to join this club! I am a campaigner, or an ENFP-A! I'm loud, outgoing, and fiercely independent, especially considering I am a whopping 88% extroverted!

anigif_enhanced-buzz-19604-1375810964-15.gif

I'm not overly familiar with Harry Potter but I'd say I'm most similar to a Slytherin! And definitely Chaotic Neutral.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    signing up

ENTP Ravenclaw

I like to say I'm chaotic neutral but then I wind up usually as chaotic good based on self evaluation.

I dunno man! They say that birds of a feather flock together and I see that with N types a lot, my friends in college and even high school included

EDIT: Yep; got chaotic neutral

I'd love to join this club! I am a campaigner, or an ENFP-A! I'm loud, outgoing, and fiercely independent, especially considering I am a whopping 88% extroverted!

anigif_enhanced-buzz-19604-1375810964-15.gif

I'm not overly familiar with Harry Potter but I'd say I'm most similar to a Slytherin! And definitely Chaotic Neutral.
    Extremely late, but welcome to the club! I'll add you two to the OP whenever I can access my computer again :)

I saw a simplified, awesome way to look at the DnD alignment chart that makes Evil a viable thing for normal characters.

"Lawful: Rules matter more to me than individuals.
    Chaotic: Individuals matter more to me than rules.

Good: Other people's well-being is more important than my own.
    Evil: My own well-being is more important than other people's.

Neutrals: My opinion of what is more important is determined on a case-by-case basis.

So a Lawful Good character's guiding moral philosophy might be "I follow the rules because the rules keep people safe, even if they are sometimes inconvenient or harmful to me or other individuals." A Chaotic Evil character's guiding moral philosophy would be like "Screw the rules and screw you.""

Also, I've started to come to terms with perhaps being a Hufflepuff instead of a Gryffindor. Scary to give up Gryffindor! And I'm not completely convinced I should be sorted into the black and yellow, but the more I learn about Hufflepuff, the more I admire the house :3

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Spoiler:

Hi everyone!! Long time no activity :3

Now as the holiday season is approaching, let's consider our unique personalities again with a new question!

It is winter for me now, but not for everyone. What season do you think you are?

And what season do you get in this quiz? ^^ https://www.playbuzz.com/gretab10/what-season-are-you

If any new people see this, feel free to sign up as well~

Years
  • Yay, the sorting hat is back again to help it's pupils!

The new test is most appropriate since winter is coming. I love tests with lots of questions and pictures. The quiz goes a little haywire for me on mobile for some reason, but still glad I took it. The hardest question for me was definitely picking a vacation spot. I honestly I would like to visit most of these destinations. For the longest I was torn between Hawaii and Ireland. My mom's been to Hawaii and told me good things about it, my dad's been to Ireland and told me good things about it. Both places also have such interesting history, both contemporary and ancient. Since my arm was twisted I choose Ireland so I could see the Book of Kells, but I'd snatch up a plane ticket really to either destination.

Anyway, the result I got was Spring, which is nice. It says, "You are a very positive person that always looks towards the future, and can always find a bright side to everything. You love nature and you are most likely a hopeless romantic. You are very happy with your life but you know that you can always improve."

I don't know if I agree that I can always find a bright side to everything, I am a bit of a worrywart, but I can see see a lot of the traits they mentioned though. I am a hopeless romantic, love nature and am always looking for ways to grow and improve. So pretty good guess all in all.

I took this test several eons ago, but thought I'd share it because I still think it's a neat idea, "Which artist would paint your portrait?"

It says as it did before, that I was made for Gustav Klimt, and I still love that result and the work of Klimt!

https://postimages.org/
    "Sensual and gorgeous, you would inspire an enchanting portrait with just enough classic appeal to be hung in any museum. You are not just a beautiful muse though. You have a deep soul with an enchanting story to be captured.

You are a bohemian and a free spirit. You can't stand uptight people, and you do your best to rail against convention. You believe that life is an adventure, and you are empowered by this point of view. You are a radical, and you believe that you can change the world."

Find out which artist should paint your portrait here!
    https://www.blogthings.com/whatartistshouldpaintyourportraitquiz/

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I definitely think you are positive and Spring suits you well!

I would think Spring is the season that best suits my personality, but this quiz gave me Winter haha.

You are winter but you are anything but cold! Quite the opposite! You love to be surrounded by family (even if they are crazy), and always look forward to the holiday season. You are a warm person who probably loves to give to others whether it's baking cookies or just being a good listener.

Cute though :3 the quiz was quite angled towards feminine people, I noticed ahah.

Interesting with an artist quiz o: i will take it later!

Did you guys see that in the Harry Potter world there is also an American school, with their own unique houses? I struggle to comprehend how there can be only one school in the US lol but perhaps there are actually more, this is just the one Rowling talked about.

https://www.wizardingworld.com/writing-by-jk-rowling/ilvermorny

What house do you get there? ^^ they are not direct counterparts to the Hogwarts houses. Test: https://wizardmore.com/ilvermorny-sorting-x/

Years
  • I definitely think you are positive and Spring suits you well!

I would think Spring is the season that best suits my personality, but this quiz gave me Winter haha.

Cute though :3 the quiz was quite angled towards feminine people, I noticed ahah.

Interesting with an artist quiz o: i will take it later!

Did you guys see that in the Harry Potter world there is also an American school, with their own unique houses? I struggle to comprehend how there can be only one school in the US lol but perhaps there are actually more, this is just the one Rowling talked about.

https://www.wizardingworld.com/writing-by-jk-rowling/ilvermorny

What house do you get there? ^^ they are not direct counterparts to the Hogwarts houses. Test: https://wizardmore.com/ilvermorny-sorting-x/

So cool! I knew there was an American school, but didn't know the details so this test was an eye-opener. I found out that I would be sorted into Wampus House. This is certainly an interesting mythical creature to learn about, and Wampus sounds like it's a formidable house. From what I am reading about this house feels like it's the middle ground in-between Gryffindor and Slytherin to me, both of those houses powerful wizards usually destined for fame, but whereas Gryffindor places the emphasis on having courage and integrity and Slytherin is more about personal ambition and can be cruel, Wampus doesn't appear to have that moral inflection one way or the other, it's just pure power like the elder wand maybe.

I'm always firmly sorted into Ravenclaw no matter which test I take, so it's great to learn about more schools and see what my other housing option would be.

Are there schools for higher learning in the wizarding world too like colleges after a witch or wizard completes Hogwarts you think?

Anyway I think it's awesome that J.K Rowling used all American Indian folk creatures like thunderbird and wampus to represent the U.S school!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    I took the seasons personality test and my result was quite surprising! I got Winter! Perhaps it's because I'm Canadian?

I mean, don't get me wrong, I do enjoy the joyous Christmas season and my birthday, of course! But winter is incredibly long and cold (especially where I live) I certainly expected to be fall or spring (as those are my two favourite seasons) but I am still quite content. Winter is quite mesmerizing, its a season of delicate white fluffs of snow and glimmering, frosted trees. Besides, winter is the best season to get cozy by a fireplace, indulge in some hot chocolate and read a good book!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Apr 24, 2021
    YO I WANT IN. MBTI is my low-key obsession. Used to be more high-key, but nowadays I take it with a grain of salt for the most part because not only do I understand the flaws in it and the theory of cognitive functions, I've also seen just...WAY too many articles that take MBTI way too far and take it as word of god or something. Still, I love it and you can actually really learn a lot about yourself and your way of thinking if you look into it. You just can't use it to put people into boxes. People will defy your expectations regardless of what personality type they may be, because even within a single personality type there are SO many different variations!

I've never taken the 16 alignment quiz before but I just did and I got True Neutral. Tbh, that's exactly what I expected to get. xD Also I'm an INFJ through and through. Sometimes it's good...sometimes not so much lol. Didn't get that result from a quiz; I spent like a straight-up year introspecting and researching MBTI and that's what really got me hooked into it. Funny enough I have an ENFP boyfriend, which coincidentally is totally my type hahah

Not really big into the Harry Potter universe but I read somewhere that INFJs would most likely be grouped as Hufflepuff, which tbh makes sense to me.

Little user-made personality tests are pretty interesting but I think a lot of them are made by people who...eh, don't understand people and personalities all that well tbh. A lot of questions are based on pretty irrelevant things like relationship status, favorite animal, clothes, etc. and that isn't what personality is all about imho.

Last edited:
    Back