• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The SOS Brigade!

Status
Not open for further replies.

droomph

weeb
Years
  • ALL THE YUKIS.

ESPECIALLY THE HARUHI-CHAN ONE. OMAGOD

Also, what will you do for the people who had to miss it because of time zones? (it was 4 AM for me...I couldn't have possibly attended)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Mission to scare people by dressing up as Santa...? Shall perform task on Folly, Maka Chop and Mockingjay immedieitly. :p

Also, I can add a few to the list.

Welsh: Helo'na, Boreda.
    Italian: Buongiorno, Ciao
    Spanish: Hola

Wait, we need to choose a word? Uhhh... Panda.

'What was your favourite SOS Brigade activity from Haruhi & why, plus would you be interested in remaking it?'
    Hmmmm... When they made the film. While I don't think it's possible to remake that, I think it'd be super funny if we did. xDDD
    How did the Christmas VMs go? :D Panda hmm? That's a slightly difficult one... You mission is to take pictures of Haruhi and the other SOS Brigade members and turn them into pandas! c: You can do this by changing colours, drawing panda spots, adding cute ears, and basically just making them look like human pandas c; Then upload them here! :D And ohh man yes, I loved those episodes! There's no reason we can't all make a small part of the movie and stick them together some time in the future :D

EDIT: OH YES THE VIDDY GAME THING SO FUN. WE SHOULD DEFINITELY PLAY SOME FORM OF STARCRAFT TOGETHER ALTHOUGH I HATE STARCRAFT'S FAMILY AND IT CAN GO DIE IN A HOLE
    Heck yeah! Hayley told me a while back that there's an app somewhere for the actual game that they played so we'll look into that and hopefully we will be able to play it at some point :D

I have enlightened a fellow user about the awesomeness that is Chinchou :D
    So mission complete :D

Oh but I'm still not going to buy you lunch xD

https://www.pokecommunity.com/converse.php?u=306019&u2=323340
    Very nice work, I'm impressed! You really managed to make that little sack of water and electricity seem exciting x] You get 500 club points! :D (Note: Club points have no value for anything and are something I made up just now for this one post. Congrats! :D)

I was gonna post this earlier but
    First mission completed!:

First result was the most exciting one:
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/converse.php?u=239642&u2=305198

2nd: https://www.pokecommunity.com/converse.php?u=204950&u2=305198

3rd: https://www.pokecommunity.com/converse.php?u=266130&u2=305198

Sorry I'm sort of behind on these. ^__^;;
    Nicely done; I especially love the first reaction! It's a shame the others couldn't be that excited though. xD Good job on spreading the excitement and cheer c:

And when we get done with the main series, we could all watch the other shorts! (Haruhi-Chan and Nyoron)
    We shall indeed! Assuming I can find a legal source for them then we definitely will watch them after the main series c:

That was fantastic guys! Such a great time spent with everyone who came and watched it, very enjoyable and can't wait for it again next week.

I think the animes really cool with how like out there it seems from the first 6 episodes i've seen so far, what do you guys think, do you find it really out there as well? Also what's your favourite episode out of the first 6? I have to agree with Ozzy and say that the 6th one was my favourite, it was fairly awesome!

-cough-
    Haruhi is a babe and kyon is an idiot
    -cough-
    It certainly was! The whole thing was a lot of fun and thanks to all those that turned up; we had a great time indeed! I agree with the anime being 'out there' but then again I think that is the whole point of the show, so yeah, I do agree. x] And as you well know my favourite episode was #6; they were so cute at the end ahhh! <3 -cough- And yes Haruhi is a complete babe -cough-

Oh btw guys, I went walking looking for various kind of shrubbery today. I need sleep now so I'll post them tomorrow! Later. Keep being exciting!
    Wahoo, great to hear! Hope you found some interesting ones? xD If you did then I'll be impressed tbh x] Can't wait to see them! :D

I take it you guys watched season 1 right? I am not sure but is season 2 14 new eps plus the original 14 of season 1? My friend got season 2 and it had 14 eps on it but then I saw season 2 at Best Buy and it said it had 28 eps with season 1 for 24.99. So I'm kinda confused if there two versions or something. Anyway sounds like you guys had fun :)
    We did indeed! And the two seasons both intertwine; the episodes aren't in chronological order but instead they're in an order than Kyon thought fit to tell them. When we watched them in the stream we watched them in chronological order of events, but that isn't the order they're made in. c:

Wait, if there's a Christmas party...where is it gonna be? Cos I dunno if I'm able to traveltoo far to see you lot. Unless there's booze and sex. Lovin' that.

Name: Controversial?
    Are you exciting?: As far as you're concerned...suck your mum.
    Do you swear your devotion to the brigade?: TAKE ME TO ROOM 101.
    Do you have any ideas for exciting new goals?: I'm not sure atm, especially considering if this is also IRL idk if I can even join. xD
    Nahh this whole thing is just online so don't worry c: Although if we could make a real life party at some point then that would be super exciting! But I think that's something to think about waaayyyy in the future. xD Also welcome to the Brigade, hope you have a great time here! c: So what's your favourite thing about Haruhi? ^^

I have a question for the club:
    Who do you thinking the cutest female character is from Yuki, Haruhi and Mikuru?
    Haruhi! She's incredibly hnggg <3 She's beautiful and cute as heck when she's angry or sad. Then when she puts on her excited face I could just die of cuteness! <333 Great question :D

ALL THE YUKIS.

ESPECIALLY THE HARUHI-CHAN ONE. OMAGOD

Also, what will you do for the people who had to miss it because of time zones? (it was 4 AM for me...I couldn't have possibly attended)
    There's not much we can do unfortunately D: The best I can do is give you the episodes to watch and then hopefully you'll be able to make future streams? But the time will be quite hard to change due to both of us that can stream it are only able to stream at that time D: Sorry about that :( But try and make it if you can, it was a lot of fun! c:

By the way guys, Pokespegirl Ruby finished her collage and sent it to me to upload, so here it is! Personally I think it looks amazing and we'll definitely be using this in the future for things like posters and whatnot :D

Spoiler:

As for my bottle rocket, I have fired the rocket and got the video ready to upload, but unfortunately I've been super busy recently (as you can tell!) so I haven't had a chance to actually upload the video yet. But I'll do that as soon as I get the chance! :D I bet Haruhi wishes she thought of these ideas. ;D

Also you'll all be delighted to know that I'm in the middle of making Haruhi in Minecraft, so yeah, I'll post the finished image when I'm done. :D I'm basing it off of the picture below and so far I'm up to the shoulders so hopefully won't take much longer! c: Incidentally do you think Haruhi would play Minecraft if it existed in her world? I don't think she'd be a fan of video games per-say, but she'd basically get the chance to play God of her own world (despite already doing that without knowing it) which seems like something she'd love!

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • There's not much we can do unfortunately D: The best I can do is give you the episodes to watch and then hopefully you'll be able to make future streams? But the time will be quite hard to change due to both of us that can stream it are only able to stream at that time D: Sorry about that :( But try and make it if you can, it was a lot of fun! c:
    I can host the North American stream if you want. Just give me the episodes and we can work something out so that all of us can watch it if enough people want to attend.

However I think there's only three people that live in North America and they probably all went to the stream (because they're so much better than me) so that's probably not going to happen...

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I can host the North American stream if you want. Just give me the episodes and we can work something out so that all of us can watch it if enough people want to attend.

However I think there's only three people that live in North America and they probably all went to the stream (because they're so much better than me) so that's probably not going to happen...
    Tbh the stream's not really that important, it's just a nice extra thing in the club that we can do sometimes x] As long as you've got a way of watching the episodes then it doesn't really matter when/how you do it :D The main idea of the stream is for people like Tom that want to watch the anime and get through it so they understand what's going on in the club and stuff x] But yeah we'll look into trying to make the time better and stuff c:

PokeGirlBel

Avengers Assemble!
    Years
  • Who has read the manga of it? I just bought two volumes and I like how it keeps the story going. Not really something you should read before going to bed since it can get confusing with the puzzles and such but still fun to have more adventures with Haruhi.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    Who do you thinking the cutest female character is from Yuki, Haruhi and Mikuru?
    Definitely Haruhi. I really like her ponytail especially in the movie.

What's the manga like? I never read it, but is it like the anime at all?

PokeGirlBel

Avengers Assemble!
    Years
  • Who do you thinking the cutest female character is from Yuki, Haruhi and Mikuru?
    Definitely Haruhi. I really like her ponytail especially in the movie.

What's the manga like? I never read it, but is it like the anime at all?

It is. I enjoy it tbh. Good fun to read.

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • Uhmmmmm is there a deadline to these missions? Because I can only think of a couple days a few weeks from now where baking a Grovyle cake (or any cake ,for that matter) won't be such an embarrassment for me.

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
    Years
  • My favourite is Haruhi. She is such a babe! And I really LOVE how much excitement she shows everything! And she is basically a deity, like seriously how awesome can you get!

I am pretty sure that there is no deadline on the missions so you can relax Droomph, just get it done when you can.
    Also the streams just for people who havent seen it/havent for a while and want to catch up while being able to chat with other people at the same time :)

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2012
    Name: Inaba Kageroza
    Are you exciting?: No.
    Do you swear your devotion to the brigade?: Yes. Oh kay.
    Do you have any ideas for exciting new goals?: . . .

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Who do you thinking the cutest female character is from Yuki, Haruhi and Mikuru?
    You should expect me to say this Mikuru. She's looks very cute in the outfits Haruhi makes her wear especially the maid one.
    Plus she's just cute in general, the way she's whinny and easily manipulated, somehow makes her cuter. Also, I've always found girls with red hair, cute.

Harhui sort of ties with Mikuru for me. I just love her excitement for things and how determined she is to make the Brigade successful.

Anyway. I have completed my second mission to find shrubberies! Yesterday, I went out around my neighborhood to see what kind of shrubbery I can find. I wasn't able to get a camera, so i did the next best thing. I took off part of some the plants and scanned them with my computer.
    Just so you guys can get a better picture of what I found.
    I'm not sure what these are called. But these are common in my city.
    Spoiler:

Found these on the way to the nearby park :
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I think this is from something called a mentor barberry bush. If you look closely you see it has thorns:
    Spoiler:

When I got to the park I found a bush with these kind of leaves
    Spoiler:

Near a bank, I found a beautiful bush of pink flowers with thorns. According to the Internet, they're called a rugosa roses.
    Images from Google:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Other shrubberies I found on my way.
    Chokeberry:
    Spoiler:

Spirea:
    Spoiler:

White lilacs:
    Spoiler:

and lavenders
    Spoiler:

The stem and leaves are soft and fuzzy. ^-^
    That's all the ones I have. Catch you guys later.

Years
  • Name: TwilightSkye
    Are you exciting?: The senior citizens think so
    Do you swear your devotion to the brigade?: Of course. *Gives you devotion cookie*
    Do you have any ideas for exciting new goals?: Oh yes many

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Who has read the manga of it? I just bought two volumes and I like how it keeps the story going. Not really something you should read before going to bed since it can get confusing with the puzzles and such but still fun to have more adventures with Haruhi.
    I haven't yet, but I really want to! I love the novels and I love the anime but I've never tried the manga (or the games)! Does it follow the same story as the anime? :3

Uhmmmmm is there a deadline to these missions? Because I can only think of a couple days a few weeks from now where baking a Grovyle cake (or any cake ,for that matter) won't be such an embarrassment for me.
    Nope, no deadline, just get them done whenever and we'll all have tonnes of fun c:

Name: Inaba Kageroza
    Are you exciting?: No.
    Do you swear your devotion to the brigade?: Yes. Oh kay.
    Do you have any ideas for exciting new goals?: . . .
    hi Kageroza, welcome to the club! You don't seem all that excited yet but I'm sure we'll be able to fix that soon! :D Make sure to take part in discussions & missions and hopefully we'll get you super excited like the rest of us soon! :D

You should expect me to say this Mikuru. She's looks very cute in the outfits Haruhi makes her wear especially the maid one.
    Plus she's just cute in general, the way she's whinny and easily manipulated, somehow makes her cuter. Also, I've always found girls with red hair, cute.

Harhui sort of ties with Mikuru for me. I just love her excitement for things and how determined she is to make the Brigade successful.

Anyway. I have completed my second mission to find shrubberies! Yesterday, I went out around my neighborhood to see what kind of shrubbery I can find. I wasn't able to get a camera, so i did the next best thing. I took off part of some the plants and scanned them with my computer.
    Just so you guys can get a better picture of what I found.
    I'm not sure what these are called. But these are common in my city.
    Spoiler:

Found these on the way to the nearby park :
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I think this is from something called a mentor barberry bush. If you look closely you see it has thorns:
    Spoiler:

When I got to the park I found a bush with these kind of leaves
    Spoiler:

Near a bank, I found a beautiful bush of pink flowers with thorns. According to the Internet, they're called a rugosa roses.
    Images from Google:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Other shrubberies I found on my way.
    Chokeberry:
    Spoiler:

Spirea:
    Spoiler:

White lilacs:
    Spoiler:

and lavenders
    Spoiler:

The stem and leaves are soft and fuzzy. ^-^
    That's all the ones I have. Catch you guys later.
    Oh my gosh wow! I'm seriously impressed xD I mean they aren't exactly shrubberies, but they're super pretty xD And your scanner is amazing wow, what model is that? :o So now an obvious question; which is the most exciting of these plants? :D I personally like the white lilacs, they're so beautiful and they look like they simply radiate passion and lust! (Yeah I'm a bit weird. xD) Good job, hope you sign up for another mission soon since this one was passed with flying colours! c:

Name: TwilightSkye
    Are you exciting?: The senior citizens think so
    Do you swear your devotion to the brigade?: Of course. *Gives you devotion cookie*
    Do you have any ideas for exciting new goals?: Oh yes many
    Hi there, welcome to the club! c: AHHH COOKIES -gobbles it up asap- Thank you! Due to cookie giving you're now entirely welcome in the club as a life-time member, so make sure you're super excited 'cos we've got a lot planned! :D And what are your ideas for goals? We'd love to hear them! c:

So let's have a new discussion! ^^

What is your favourite personality trait of Haruhi and how can we reflect that in the club?

For me it's her eccentric, exciting nature and the way she's able to burst into the room at any time and instantly demand full attention. And I feel like we reflect that pretty well here with our fun and interests! c: Also her hair is amazing omg <333 SO CUTE.

The SOS Brigade!

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • What is your favourite personality trait of Haruhi and how can we reflect that in the club?

It's her vibrant personality when she's around people she likes. I wish I could just go into a room and go "haaaiii~" and people would look at me. I hope to work at GameStop next year (or something) so I might be able to do that irl! But in the club, it's more about getting everyone to welcome the new members.

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
    Years
  • Well done with the mission AW!! You dominated it xD
    You definitely put a lot of effort into it and thats amazing! Some of them are so PRETTAY as well :O I like the Rugaso Roses the best because they are nearly PURPLE and purple is the best.

Uhh.. Welcome Kageroza.. You need to BE EXCITED and feel LIKE YOURE GOING TO EXPLODE INTO RAINBOWS from excitement! So stop being dreary and be excited and awesome instead! Your mission is to be excited about something and show us how excited you are with a short story on what your excited about! (Sorry if Im not allowed to give missions, just ignore this if i cant >.>)

I like how much energy she has! Shes all like LETS MAKE EVERYTHING FUN AND EXCITABLE!@!@!@! Everything about that is great. How awesome would it be to know someone with that much energy and those kind of crazy fun plans? About 10/10 I'd say. especially if they were babes like haruhi. I think the excitement factor is definitely the thing the club can reflect the most with fun events and happiness xD.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    I really like how Haruhi can run around and do absolutely crazy stuff without a second thought. She's willing to do just about anything for the brigade, except most of that is bounced towards the other members. Still, she did run around in a bunny outfit to recruit members. The way she's dynamic is hilarious, especially how she draws attention, as a few other people have mentioned.

The club could do this by recklessly doing random missions and stuff! And obviously recruiting members.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    I love how Haruhi can "play god" without knowing. I agree with droomph, though, her vibrant personality really affects those around her--even those who are just watching the anime!

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2012
    A short story, yes? I see. . .I tremendously lack enough creative talent to write such stories and nothing excites me more than a subject which the rest of you would find unflattering. Sorry there. My sense of style has been remarkably compared to that of a banana. Yes. I speak of that fruit. It isn't a rainbow, but it is close enough on the scale of all things daring, mm?

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years

• Oh my gosh wow! I'm seriously impressed xD I mean they aren't exactly shrubberies, but they're super pretty xD And your scanner is amazing wow, what model is that? :o So now an obvious question; which is the most exciting of these plants? :D I personally like the white lilacs, they're so beautiful and they look like they simply radiate passion and lust! (Yeah I'm a bit weird. xD) Good job, hope you sign up for another mission soon since this one was passed with flying colours! c:

Hahaha thanks I guess everyone's definition of shrubbery is different.
    They're considered shrubberies according to this site:

https://extension.missouri.edu/p/G6830

And Wikipedia:
    A shrub or bush is distinguished from a tree by its multiple stems and shorter height, usually under 5–6 m (15–20 ft) tall. A large number of plants may become either shrubs or trees, depending on the growing conditions they experience. Small, low shrubs such as lavender, periwinkle and thyme are often termed subshrubs.
    Not to sound like a smart mouth or anything.
    We have common house bushes in our front yard, but I wouldn't consider those exciting.
    I have a giant mulberry bush in my backyard.
    Thanks again about my scans. My scanner model is a Brother MFC-J630W.
    https://www.brother-usa.com/MFC/ModelDetail.aspx?ProductID=MFCJ630W#.T8ndy9WzKHt
    It's both a printer and scanner and I agree that the scan look amazing.
    I think the chokeberries are the most exciting IMO. The first time I saw them was a few years ago and I thought they were mini apples. The red color of the berries really stand out and really pop. Then also the lilac are very exciting too. They're really pretty and stunning.

Well done with the mission AW!! You dominated it xD
    You definitely put a lot of effort into it and thats amazing! Some of them are so PRETTAY as well :O I like the Rugaso Roses the best because they are nearly PURPLE and purple is the best.
    Lol thanks man.

A short story, yes? I see. . .I tremendously lack enough creative talent to write such stories and nothing excites me more than a subject which the rest of you would find unflattering. Sorry there. My sense of style has been remarkably compared to that of a banana. Yes. I speak of that fruit. It isn't a rainbow, but it is close enough on the scale of all things daring, mm?
    That's pretty exciting right there but...
    Well, you could at least try to make up something exciting. It doesn't exactly exploding rainbows and sunshines at the moment, but you should have confidence to conquer up something. I believe you can!

What is your favourite personality trait of Haruhi and how can we reflect that in the club?

I like how full of energy she is. She gets into people's way just so they will listen to her. Her determination to get the Brigade publicity and recruit members just shows how exciting she is! I think we should have that energy and determination to get more members. Keep doing random and exciting missions and other stuff and we'll definitely get some attention around PC.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back