• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Starter Discussion Thread

Which starter will you be choosing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

WarpstarX

The Green Trainer
Years
  • I am so glad that finally made the fire starter bulky. For the past 4 generations the fire starter has been the fastest type out of the 3. But after I saw Mijumarus final evo I was pretty socked. That thing looks pretty beast, but for my choice as a starter I have to pick Tsutaja. I have a thing for the grass starters :]
    Actually Sceptile was the fastest in 3rd Gen.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Well, apparently the other starters will just be single-typed... Although, that's not really confirmed.

I'm thinking they'll get a secondary type with their final evolution, like Charizard or Torterra. At least, I hope they do.

PokemonMaster97

"The King Of The Flying Types"
    Years
  • So just because we have another Fire/Fighting Game Freak are ZOMFG INSANE?

Yeah!

Dual types are just a bonus, really. People way too big a deal out of them.

I would rather have a single fire type, that could learn interesting moves than ANOTHER fighting type. Its the 3rd time, didnt game freak get the idea that there is 17 other types, but no, they had to pick ANOTHER fighting type.

What about a Fire/Ice type or a Fire/Bug type.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
  • Only making a big deal out of them because this is the third time in a row that we get a Fire/Fighting type. It's pretty ridiculous. Hopefully this new one brings something good to the table, like PokemonMaster97 said. Otherwise, it'll just be useless.
    Useless just because it's the 3rd Fire/Fighting starter? How did you even come to that conclusion? Each Pokemon is unique in its own way.

I'm actually happy that we have a Fire/Fighting again. The Fighting type is a key offensive type, so I'm all for it.
    What about a Fire/Ice type or a Fire/Bug type.
    Please tell me your joking?

Those typing combinations aren't very good, to say the least. I mean, Fire/Ice? How would that even work? Just a totally off combination if you ask me.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Useless just because it's the 3rd Fire/Fighting starter? How did you even come to that conclusion? Each Pokemon is unique in its own way.

I'm actually happy that we have a Fire/Fighting again. The Fighting type is a key offensive type, so I'm all for it.

Useless in the sense that we've already had two previous starter families with the typing and that there's nothing remotely unique or interesting about it anymore. They could have done something new and different, after all... this generation is all about reinventing themselves.

Years
  • Useless in the sense that we've already had two previous starter families with the typing and that there's nothing remotely unique or interesting about it anymore. They could have done something new and different, after all... this generation is all about reinventing themselves.

Exactly. I don't see anything original about a 3rd Fire/Fighting type, and with the two other types being pure Grass and Water-typed. That doesn't seem interesting, or unique. Which is something B/W seems to be dishing out with all these other Pokemon...

Milk

ガットミルク
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2013
    Another fire/fighter?
    What is gamefreak doing these days?

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2011
    Oh my.

Are you serious.

Hoenn. Sinnoh. Isshu.
    Fire. Fighting. Fire/Fighting.
    3. In. A row.
    7 straight years.

And the other 2 starter evo's don't even have a 2nd type yet, but they HAD to let us know that once again the Fire starter will be Double-F'd again?

The Starter Discussion Thread

Cyberglass

the stuff Porygon are made of
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2022

Please tell me your joking?

Those typing combinations aren't very good, to say the least. I mean, Fire/Ice? How would that even work? Just a totally off combination if you ask me.

I agree that fighting is a key type, but why does that mean they have to pair it with fire? I would actually prefer a water/fighting starter for once.

TheScreamingFetus

It Screams Loudly
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2010
    I really don't like that they're making another Fire-Fighting starter. Still, I'm picking Pokabu.

SargeantMajorKururu

Loves Pokemon Black
    Years
  • I really don't like that they're making another Fire-Fighting starter. Still, I'm picking Pokabu.

I don't like it either. I was really looking forward to a Water/Fighting, but by the looks of that final evolution Mijumaru could become...-sigh- Water/Ice. Although as shown with Prinplup to Empoleon, evolutions can change their type, even if they are starters.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    I hope Smugleaf becomes a Grass/Ground and that Shellbear becomes a Water/Steel yeah because I love those unique typings <.<

yellowbird

is mother teresa. hugs.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2016

I really kind of hoped Miju's final evolution would at least be Water/Fighting, since there was that Pokémon Peer interview where they were talking about an otter samurai. Or am I crazy? xD

Wait I got it:
    We discussed it: "Couldn't a sea otter be a samurai?"

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
  • Lets see. I love Mijumaru's supposed final evolution, so I will not change my original choice. Tsutaaja has a cool evolution chain. A snake evolving to have no legs is awesome!

Would of liked Mijumaru to be Water/Fighting, all well. Pokabu looks as if it'll turn out Fire/Fighting, been done before, little dissapointing, over it now, awesome typing. Go Gen. 5!

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • Yes it does turn out to be Fire/Fighting because Aloe is thought to be a Normal type gym leader because she has a type disadvantage to Pokabu and his evo's.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Pokabu still has an awesome typing despite the past two starters having had had it, I like Fire/Fighting but wish they had chosen Fire/Dark but it's still alright :)
    I like Tsutarja the best even if it is a pure Grass typed, I had two of them before those being Meganium and Sceptile :)

Years
  • Mijimaru is cute and his evolution kicks ass^^
    The grass type is cool! But I don't like smug, even tho his evolution kicks ass too
    For the last, I am dissapointed. A boar on two legs? What da...

Jaiyke

Dog Wizard
    Years
  • i'm in the same boat as MRAS xDD
    i've always picked Grass in my first Playthrough and haven't been disappointed

i've actually done every game with each starter and i know Pokabu won't disappoint either =D
    i'll wait for the 3rd version for Pokabu though
    Black-Tsutaaja White-Mijumaru and Grey or Whatever- Pokabu xDD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back