• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Starter League! (Round 4!) SEMI-FINAL

Your Favorite Starter

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Hello everyone,

I've given this a lot of thought within the last day, and after discussing this whole hullabaloo with Brendino, we feel it best to just shut down the entire competition. This is mainly for three big reasons:

• It was quite a bit of effort (I'm going to assume, poor Brendan had to do the numbers) to determine who was supposed to be included in the poll in the first place. That in itself is kind of annoying but not that big of an issue in the grand scheme of things -- but more importantly the OP also seems to be relatively inactive given the sheer scale and attention that a competition like this would need.

• Speaking of activity, some of these rounds were surprisingly short. Some lasted about 48 hours, which meant that there are people that could've missed entire rounds that could've ultimately affected the final results anyways. Brendino and I are likely going to discuss what actions to take to minimize this particular outcome as much as possible, but one idea that comes to mind is PMing both of us for approval before doing tournament series polls like this just to make sure everything is fair.

• We have another competition coming up in the works that I hope everyone finds to be fun and enjoyable, and with all due respect, we didn't want this thread and the mess that's happened to hold that up. As a result, we're likely going to postpone this competition until the new competition that's introduced is finished. We're actually going to allow this to be re-done and posted alongside the new competition, but please read the new rules that are posted and as stated, PM both myself (colours) and Brendino the answers to the questions posted. n.n

Thanks for reading, everyone! And I hope you're going to be looking forward to the competition coming up soon!

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back