• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The Starters

pkmin3033

I went with Fennekin because it was the only one I really liked the look of. Froakie was alright, but Greninja is easily one of the ugliest Pokemon I have ever seen with that godawful tongue scarf. Chespin, like most grass starters, never really stood out to me, so it wasn't really much of a choice.

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
    Years
    By design I loved Fennekin and Chespin second, but Froakie took a while to grow on me. I used the others in X and Y respectively, but I hope I'll get the chance to use Froakie eventually in either a possible Z, or just buying another X or Y :P

The Starters

I just loved it so much even if I'm in the minority. SRed for a female and ended up evolving it, but sadly I never clicked with Quilladin and Chesnaught so I ended up boxing it quickly aftewards. =( Fennekin is also cute but I never liked Delphox much either, and Froakie my boyfriend chose so I wanted to get something different.

Maybe Chespin will be my next pick for another NFE run when I do that! :D That way I can use it all the way through.

Years
    I played Fennekin as my starter as well, but I wasn't all that fond of it's final form.
    I mean the first two were just so cute and then we ge that last one and I'm like "Where'd the cute go?"

I think I prefer Chespin out of the three of them, though when X and Y were just coming out I'm afraid I sort of had low hopes for the little fella.
    Congrats on rising through the ranks, dude.

smocks

fiat lux
    Years
    I chose Fennekin as my XY starter because I'm absolutely committed & devoted to the fire-type starter lines in the Pokémon series, I always tend to be drawn to the fire-types no matter what and seeing Fennekin as a cute fire fox put a smile on my face on what the lil cutie could be. But sadly, as Fennekin evolved into Braxien my hopes of this line were gone due to this potential majestic fire fox become a human fox.

Years
    I chose Fennekin as my XY starter because I'm absolutely committed & devoted to the fire-type starter lines in the Pokémon series, I always tend to be drawn to the fire-types no matter what and seeing Fennekin as a cute fire fox put a smile on my face on what the lil cutie could be. But sadly, as Fennekin evolved into Braxien my hopes of this line were gone due to this potential majestic fire fox become a human fox.

The thing to know is the Kalos starters are all based on RPG classes, and Fennekin is the mage in that theme. So when you look at that, it makes sense as to why it went bipedal. Delphox was unfortunately the final evolution that had the most disappointing reaction amongst fans.

smocks

fiat lux
    Years
    The thing to know is the Kalos starters are all based on RPG classes, and Fennekin is the mage in that theme. So when you look at that, it makes sense as to why it went bipedal. Delphox was unfortunately the final evolution that had the most disappointing reaction amongst fans.
    Yea at first I had no idea what the Kalos starters were based off of so seeing Fennekin, but when I'd found out, it was still kinda unsettling.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
    I chose Froakie cause I always go with the fire type starter and I wanted to switch it up ^-^
    Buuuuuuut i was secretly drawn to Fennekin xD

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
    Chespin, Quilladin and Chesnaught are overall my favorites. Fennekin's line was really disappointing for greatly designed foxes, and Greninja is ridiculously powerful. Just look at Quilladin. It looks so funny. Then there's Chesnaught. It has an awesome movepool, and a cool ability that protects it from things like Sludge Bomb.

Nyoxios

Vestige
    Years
    Fennekin is my favorite, a shame I don't like the evolutions much. Same with Chespin. The Froakie line is cool.

I went with Fennekin because it looked the cutest. At this point, I don't use the Gen 6 starters.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I personally like fenneken the most. If Ash-Greninja wasn't a thing, Froakie would be waaaay higher :p

Years
    I have played using both Fennekin & Chespin. Froakie was the worst of the three imo, didn't like its evos at all (sorry Froakie lovers).

Kurosaki

(「・ω・)「
    Years
    In my original run I went with Fennekin because I love fire types, and also love canine-based Pokemon. :D

When I apparently started a replay a couple of years ago, I went with Froakie, and when I decided to play it again recently I just kept going from the point I left off. Mainly because the anime has helped me like Greninja a lot more.

Flower

✿ flower keeper ✿
    Years
    I originally chose Froakie for my run, but after playing through the games lots Fennekin just appeals to me tons more.. the cutest of the three imo, and I looove canines/felines, Fennekin being part of the former species family it just grew on me. >w<

Years
    On my first save file, I picked Fennekin and managed to breeze through Viola, with a little help with little Quacklin' (the Farfetch'd you traded with a Bunnelby). On my second save file, I picked Froakie as it was a part Water and part Dark type Greninja (who doesn't love a bad ass ninja Pokémon?) and it has high Special Attack and Speed.

Years
    I picked Fennekin because I like Fire :) I still have it in my team, as Delphox, almost at the end of the game (Victory Road).

Back