• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Strongest Legendary

Granzen

Pokefan
Years
  • Hey, Hey my friends, I make question ! ^^
    Who the Strongest Legendary Pokemon ? :)
    I think the Strongest Legendary is Arceus, because Arceus also known as god pokemon. ;)
    What do you think the about the Strongest Legendary Pokemon ? :)
    Please tell me and Don't forget to reply.^^

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Since you are asking in the gaming central, I assume you mean what legendary is the strongest in the games. There's a nice list of pokémon sorted by base stats here: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pokémon_by_base_stats

You are correct, it is Arceus who is the strongest. Stats wise. Followed closely by the merged Kyurem forms and Mewtwo.

I would have guessed that much before looking actually, since Mewtwo was engineered to be the strongest pokémon alive, right? Would have guessed Genesect a bit higher though. It's apparently down at 600.

Maybe base stats isn't the only way to measure though.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I'm going to move this to Pokemon General, since really, it could apply to more than games. And that can expand the discussion.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Lore-wise, Arceus may be the most powerful, but not necessarily. I can build a really powerful robot, one with more power than me, so logically you can create a Pokemon with more power than you yourself have. Therefore, Arceus might not be the most powerful, just has a knack for creation. :P

Years
  • I'm go for the mewtwo new evolution, because he will appear in the sex gen, so i gues he will be more powerful than other pokemons.

And remember, mewtwo are capable of clone pokemons, no other legendary can make that.

Years
  • Arceus has 720 total base stats which is incredible strong. So i guess he is the strongest in the games. Imagine going up against a perfect-IV, EV-trained Arceus.... sweet jesus!

CHM

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2013
    ................Magikarp.....End of discussion........Nah just kidding. Id say since Arceus is pretty much Poke God, then I mean of course.

Years
  • Even though Arceus is a God pokemon and blah blah blah I don't like him. Why such a boring type??? Also I say the Kyurem merged forms are the strongest legendaries. Forget about the stats though

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
  • MissingNO for the win!

I would say if EV trainned the strongest one would be Mew as it can learn anyone, Arceus is a close second.

.:batto:.

Pokébreeder
    Years
  • well. arceus is the strongest legendary. maybe a better topic would of been;
    'your favourite legendary pokemon'

No Worries

Biggest Obito fan ever!
    Years
  • Lore-wise, Arceus may be the most powerful, but not necessarily. I can build a really powerful robot, one with more power than me, so logically you can create a Pokemon with more power than you yourself have. Therefore, Arceus might not be the most powerful, just has a knack for creation. :P
    This actually seems pretty credible. If you look at the stat boost Kyurem gets from merging with Reshiram or Zekrom, which is 40, and add that to Kyurem twice to account for both dragons, you'd see that Kyurem in his original state (before being seperated) would have had a BST of 740, 20 points higher than Arceus.

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    Technically, with Download, Genesect gets about +120 to his base Atk or SpA, depending on the switch in, which brings his BST to 720, tied with Arceus. If you want to argue it further, you could say because of both boosts, it is 840, but it's situational, so 720 seems to fit. I always felt Genesect was the best in my opinon. While Arceus can be whatever type it wants, Genesect will always only be weak to fire. Genesect is like the unchanging type Arceus, with its Drives it can pretend to be Arceus pretty effectively.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Okay but if we are not merely thinking about the games :]

I think Mewtwo's new form and Kyurem's merged forms are definitely contestants for the spot of strongest legendary. The anime movie states that Kyurem is the strongest pokémon in the world, actually, since it can wield the power of both Reshiram or Zekrom plus its own incredible freezing power. So yeah, I would bet on Kyurem ^^

Mewtwo was created to be the strongest pokémon, based on Mew who was the first pokémon and able to learn everything. If it gets a new form, it will probably be even stronger.

Deoxys, I think is also relevant to bring up here. It is an alien and obviously on par with Rayquaza or more. Does that mean that it was still created by Arceus somehow, since it is within our dimension after all?

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    There really isn't a "strongest" Pokémon so to speak, let alone a legendary. The answer to the question definitely boils down to personal preference, unless you're a jerk and always shout stats at people's faces.

With base stats and all that jargon out of the question, I honestly think that Mewtwo is the strongest legendary. It was biologically engineered to be the world's strongest Pokémon; however there are a couple of legendaries that doesn't necessarily live or originate in the Pokémon world, like Arceus, Deoxys, Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina. Mewtwo, according to the anime and the manga, has powerful telekenetic powers, can fight in both long range and short range, can create a massive hurricane that is powerful enough to destroy the world, and block a Pokémon's special abilities. In my opinion, only a Pokémon with a telekinetic prowess as impressive as Mewtwo can defeat it.

Pikayosh

Epic Pikachu
    Years
  • actually arceus isn't a god pokemon most people i see consider him one but he's not and i consider groudon the strongest

PiemanFiddy

Dark-Type Gym Leader
    Years
  • It really goes without saying that Arceus is the strongest legendary. No matter how many times people want to deny it and fool themselves into thinking there's a better one. There isn't.

Arceus has Wonder Guard.. which means he's only weak to Fighting, and unlike Shedinja he's not restricted to ONE hp.

On top of all of this, all his base stats are the same.. so there's virtually no downside to this pokemon unless for some odd reason you only teach him Normal-type moves and you're fighting a ghost-type. Even then, just use Foresight.

TL;DR: Stop fooling yourselves, Arceus IS the best legendary.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Arceus has Wonder Guard.. which means he's only weak to Fighting, and unlike Shedinja he's not restricted to ONE hp.

Arceus doesn't have Wonder Guard, it has Multitype. Wherever did you get that false information?

PiemanFiddy

Dark-Type Gym Leader
    Years
  • Arceus doesn't have Wonder Guard, it has Multitype. Wherever did you get that false information?

Oh, I'm sorry, some internet trolls must have convinced me otherwise. Disregard my information on Wonder Guard then.

Still though, a Legendary that's only weak to Fighting and Immune to Ghost-type moves (depending on the plate) is a strong star in my books.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Yeah, that's pretty true actually. Plus with Swords Dance and STAB Extremespeed it's one hell of a revenge-killer.

If you look at strength in "world's strongest man" terms, I'd say Regigigas or Deoxys is the strongest. Regigigas is fair humongous, and his arms and legs are so bulky, he's got to have been on the protein :P
    Also he stopped a Glacier in a pokémon movie, from what I remember.

Deoxys on the other hand, its defence form is fair stacked, and the fact that its got the highest defence (or highest attack in attack form) of all pokémon suggests to me that it's got a fair bit of power, its just how it decides to utilise it. (Useful skill, being a shape-shifting alien).

Back