• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Suuuuper Monotype Tournament!

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • 53abcfc4-d0b9-402d-81f6-aa3f739ef0e8.jpg

Monotype is a meta where you must build a team with each Pokemon sharing a common type. So, build your teams carefully, as there are many different strategies and playstyles you could utilize!

Tournament Special Rules:

• Best of 3, Single Elimination
    • You may switch the type of your team between rounds.
    • Both single and dual-typed Pokémon are allowed. The shared type does not have to be the Pokemon's primary type.
    • In the case of Mega Evolutions, the typing of the regular form of the Pokémon is what counts. For example, Gyarados is a Water/Flying type, so even though Mega Gyarados is Water/Dark it can still be used on a Flying team. Following the same rule, Mega Gyarados cannot be used on a Dark team because regular Gyarados is not Dark type.

General Rules:

• Baton Pass Clause: Limit one Pokémon knowing Baton Pass.
    • Swagger Clause: Swagger is banned.
    • Same Type Clause: Pokémon in a team must share a type.
    • Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same Pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffing on his or her team.
    • Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing Pokémon.
    • Evasion Clause: A player cannot increase their Pokémon's evasion stat with a move that specifically increases evasion. Items or indirect boosts do not break this clause.
    • OHKO Clause: Players cannot use Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, or Fissure in any of their Pokémon's movesets.
    • Battle Timeout: If a player exhausts the timer, he/she loses.
    • Moody Clause: The ability Moody is banned from play.
    • Endless Battle Clause

vGPhrsr.png

Participants:
    Nah
    wolf
    Rabinov
    punkysaur
    The GooeyGoodra
    FireSnow
    ddrox13
    gimmiepie
    Archy
    MUDKIP!!!

70a35e34ced1774cd2f1fceb57c3d36b.jpg

Round 1:
    Nah vs. ddrox13
    wolf vs. punkysaur
    Rabinov vs. MUDKIP!!!
    Archy vs. FireSnow
    The GooeyGoodra vs. gimmiepie

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    I got a craptastic Monotype team, might as well join lol

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    in

Also everyone should check here to make sure none of their Pokemon are banned (e.g. no Talonflame).

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Sounds Intersting.. I'd like to Join this.

I'm afraid you would of need to be active for a little longer on the forums to be able to join as we're counting on activity here. </3

As for everyone else, the pairings are up for Round one:

Spoiler:

Nah vs. ddrox13
    wolf vs. punkysaur
    Rabinov vs. MUDKIP!!!
    Archy vs. FireSnow
    The GooeyGoodra vs. gimmiepie

Deadline is a week from now, July 15th. We'll start the next round if everyone can finish their matches before that, so please contact your opponent ASAP! Contact me if there's any questions/concerns.

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
    Years
  • Last edited:
    Reactions: Nah

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • Back